BTB has been added to Halo 5, amazing amount of longevity ensues

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Here's the changelog:

The Battle of Shadow and Light Content Update, our first drop of free content goodness for Halo 5: Guardians, is now available. The next time you log in, you will be prompted to download this update.

The following are included:

◦Added 48 new REQs, including new armors, helmets, weapon skins, weapon and vehicle variants, a new visor and assassination, and new emblems. See below for a breakdown of what’s included.

◦Added Big Team Battle playlist to Arena matchmaking

◦Added BTB (Big Team Battle) Capture the Flag, Strongholds, and Slayer to matchmaking and custom games. The mode details are as follows:

•BTB CTF – Score to win: 3 Captures

•BTB Strongholds – Score to win: 150 points

•BTB Slayer – Score to win: 100 points

Added 4 new BTB maps, also available in both matchmaking and custom games: ◦Basin by the 343 Multiplayer team

◦Deadlock by Nokyard & the 343 Multiplayer Team

◦Guillotine by The Psycho Duck & the 343 Multiplayer Team

◦Recurve by The Fated Fire & the 343 Multiplayer Team

•Fixed an aiming issue that could occur due to variance in controller hardware. Head here (Halo 5 Aiming & Controllers) for more details.

•Made a variety of tuning tweaks to Warzone Assault, including the below. Head here (Warzone Assault Tuning Changes) for more details. ◦Faster REQ leveling

◦Decreased base capture time from 20 seconds to 16 seconds

◦Reduced starting grenade count to 1

•Disabled Friendly Fire in SWAT

•Increased respawn time from 1 second to 3 seconds in SWAT

•Added the “deliver” nav point for vehicle drivers who have a friendly flag carrier as a passenger.

•Fixed an issue where players were able to use the driver and gunner seats while holding the flag. Now, the flag carrier can only sit in the passenger seat.

•Improved Post-Game-Carnage-Report consistency.

--

So this works inside Arena playlist, it's not a main, separate game mode and features 4 unique new maps and has a rotation of 3 modes: Slayer, CTF and Strongholds.

The gameplay dynamics are totally different and I think this is exactly what Halo 5 needed. 8v8 is also a good player count and with those vehicles and turrets tossed around, it is really fun and good teamwork really pays off.

Now if they'd only add more Warzone maps, rethink the god awful Stormbreak and change objectives / AI boss placement for every map periodically, I'd be fully content.

Have you played BTB yet, Warriors?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I don't really have nothing of value to add, but I just wanted to share this because I thought it was funny :)

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@i_p_daily: I got teabagged today for the first time btw. Lol it's usually the other way round :P

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: I can't remember the last time I was tea bagged, maybe Saints Row 2 or Red Faction Guerrilla. So on XB1 I'm tea bag free :P

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Motokid6: never.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Yeah I tried it yesterday it was great fun. The new abilities are game changers. Only thing I would like is for the next update we get "normal" maps, as these ones were apparently done through forge by pro players. They're fantastic but you can tell they were done with forge, I want to see some with the same awesome look as some of the arena maps likes Regret and Truth. But yeah good times indeed I love it

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alucard_Prime

@Motokid6: I get a lot of free req packs from when I do well in matches(commendations) and when I level up.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

will be updating to day....

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

I'm never going to unlock all of the REQs :/

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Alucard_Prime

@Motokid6: Contents of each pack are random yeah, these are mostly just for the social playlists by the way......ranked, well the reward is the better you play the higher rank you are...but you earn req points faster if you play better, level up faster, more commendations, Etc.....so skill has an influence that all I was saying.

Someone who plays consistently better will overall receive more req points faster......someone who plays worse it will take them longer to accumulate. Then to actually use a card you have to do well in a match and level up to a certain point, so that in itself is another in-match reward based on skill.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Alucard_Prime

@Motokid6: I don't know if you can get some like that, I haven't finished on legendary yet. I see where this is going now, so I said what I wanted earlier, simply that skill has an impact on what you earn in the game, that is all. Partly skill-based, partly random, this is the best way I can answer this. I hope we get a cool reward for finishing on Legendary, other than the achievement I mean.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Game is ninja, pure ninja.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Alucard_Prime

@cainetao11: Re-learning the game with all the new skills has proven amazing for me. It changes the whole dynamic of the game. With the huge BTB maps, I ground pounded someone from so far away it was sick. Another thing I did was topple a packed enemy Warthog by charging it from the side....definitely made me feel more like a Super-soldier :)

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I don´t understand how the supplies work, what are those cards for and such, don´t care much either, I use the weapons I find in the field when I go out of ammo or pick the ones from the enemies I killed.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 demon-returns
Member since 2007 • 1451 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@i_p_daily: I got teabagged today for the first time btw. Lol it's usually the other way round :P

teabagging is for 10 year olds.......

saltyfries age confirmed!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@demon-returns said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

teabagging is for 10 year olds.......

saltyfries age confirmed!

10 year olds are cool then. That's what you're saying.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

1: I'd like BTB to have no slayer and be purely objective modes. Also a proper social playlist is long over due

2: The part where 3 of the 4 maps they added for BTB are Forge Maps is gross, considering that plays into their whole "these maps are free DLC", because I sure as fucking hope so they weren't pretending they were going to charge for these forge maps.

and yay! BR starts.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jg4xchamp

@Motokid6 said:

@Alucard_Prime: What I'm getting at is that it's a terrible system that completely ruined Halo. And no splitscreen which is just salt in the wound.

"Completely ruined Halo"

Except there are entire arena playlists where they do anything but ruin Halo.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jg4xchamp

@Motokid6 said:

@jg4xchamp: Are those playlists completely devoid of anything related to req packs? Everyone gets the same starting weapons? And the only weapons available are the ones on the map? And they don't announce and mark the spawns of each power weapon? If that's the case then maybe there is some Halo to be had.

However in terms of everything else the game has to offer... Just pure trash.

Um yes?

Team Slayer is everyone starts with AR and Pistols (and the pistol is fucking great, would probably still rather have team BRs), all the other weapons are on the map, like every halo
BTB is BR and AR starts, all the other weapons are on the map, like every Halo.

They however do announce when and where the power weapon is, but I fail to see how that "ruins" Halo. You are correct that timing was an element of Halo multiplayer in terms of map control, but simply having that information available to all players isn't necessarily game ruining. Core Halo action is still in tact.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

while they're at it they should do big team War Zone, and a zombie mode while they're at it, and an objective based offensive/defensive asymmetrical mode

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Had no idea one of the maps is a remade Headlong. That's awesome.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Alucard_Prime

I just had a sick match, just wanted to say the Mongoose is a beast now with its rockets lol....I took out 1 ghost and 2 Warthogs with 1 Mongoose lol