Brace yourselves, Winter Sale is upon us.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Man, Im hoping they have a Legacy of Kain franchise pack or Miasmata goes on sale soon.mems_1224
Same.. LoK, is that still playable to this day and age? I never played it..
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#402 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"]Man, Im hoping they have a Legacy of Kain franchise pack or Miasmata goes on sale soon.ArisShadows

IDK but I remember loving those games even though I could never beat them. I hope they're still playable.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]Man, Im hoping they have a Legacy of Kain franchise pack or Miasmata goes on sale soon.mems_1224

IDK but I remember loving those games even though I could never beat them. I hope they're still playable.

I don't know how much experience you have with Steam and old games, but I warn against buying them.

Sadly GOG.com doesn't have them on sale (almost their entire catalog is on sale.....except those games :P), but that's the only place I can recommend for old games.

I get burned buying old games on Steam. I've played, and beaten most of my old Steam games, but it seems there is always some sort of problem. GOG, however, actually takes the time to get their games compatible with Windows 7, and gives you tons of goodies in a lot of cases.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#404 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46694 Posts

I bought Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Really enjoying it so far. The game has a great melee combat system.

It can be a gritty game at times, like when you see heads being severed with an axe. But it can also be funny and lighthearted at times:D

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1141 Posts

Hate to say it but this sale is pretty mediocre. If you've been around for the past few steam sales theres nothing super new or awesome in terms of dirt cheap content.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#406 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I bought Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Really enjoying it so far. The game has a great melee combat system.

It can be a gritty game at times, like when you see heads being severed with an axe. But it can also be funny and lighthearted at times:D

R4gn4r0k

I hope Bethesda is taking notes for when they release the next Elder Scrolls game. A combination of Chivalry's gameplay for first person perspective and Mount and Blade's combat for third person would be amazing.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

Hate to say it but this sale is pretty mediocre. If you've been around for the past few steam sales theres nothing super new or awesome in terms of dirt cheap content.

Naylord
Idk , ive managed to get some great games at very low prices from steam. but it is a shame that im also having to go to other websites to get better deals. this is my first winter sale so I guess I was expecting better prices , especially compared to the summer sale where I racked up for dirt cheap
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 BPoole96

Naylord
I feel the same way. Amazon and GMG have been getting all my business. Any of the god deals that Steam has had I could have gotten from either of the two before hand. Only thing I have bought from Steam is Killing Floor DLC and Max Payne 1&2 for $3.75
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 R4gn4r0k

I hope Bethesda is taking notes for when they release the next Elder Scrolls game. A combination of Chivalry's gameplay for first person perspective and Mount and Blade's combat for third person would be amazing.

BPoole96

Agreed. I heard Arkane was assisting them for Skyrim and they can make a satisfying first person melee system (Dark Messiah, Dishonored) so I was disappointed with Skyrims sytem. But it was better than Oblivion.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 BPoole96

[QUOTE="Naylord"]

ultraking

Idk , ive managed to get some great games at very low prices from steam. but it is a shame that im also having to go to other websites to get better deals. this is my first winter sale so I guess I was expecting better prices , especially compared to the summer sale where I racked up for dirt cheap

Last Winter Sale was awesome. Steam had this thing where every day certain games would get special achievements for everyone to complete. Completing the achievement would either grant you a free game, a game or publisher specific coupon, or a lump of coal. For every 7 coals you got you could exchange it for a randomly generating game or coupon. If you wanted to hang onto the coal, you were entered into a Steam wide contest to win all the games on your wishlist, and the grand prize was every game available on Steam.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 ultraking

[QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="Naylord"]

BPoole96

Last Winter Sale was awesome. Steam had this thing where every day certain games would get special achievements for everyone to complete. Completing the achievement would either grant you a free game, a game or publisher specific coupon, or a lump of coal. For every 7 coals you got you could exchange it for a randomly generating game or coupon. If you wanted to hang onto the coal, you were entered into a Steam wide contest to win all the games on your wishlist, and the grand prize was every game available on Steam.

what?! that sounds awesome! why aren't they doing that this year?
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

R4gn4r0k

Agreed. I heard Arkane was assisting them for Skyrim and they can make a satisfying first person melee system (Dark Messiah, Dishonored) so I was disappointed with Skyrims sytem. But it was better than Oblivion.

Skyrim's wasn't horrible but it lacked any impact feedback unless the enemy blocked. Chivalry does that very feel and also has better animations.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 BPoole96
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="ultraking"]Idk , ive managed to get some great games at very low prices from steam. but it is a shame that im also having to go to other websites to get better deals. this is my first winter sale so I guess I was expecting better prices , especially compared to the summer sale where I racked up for dirt cheapultraking

Idk but I was very disappointed. Last year I got Portal 2, The Orange Box, and Just Cause 2 all for free. I also had several good coupons that I was able to trade for some more games.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="ultraking"]Idk , ive managed to get some great games at very low prices from steam. but it is a shame that im also having to go to other websites to get better deals. this is my first winter sale so I guess I was expecting better prices , especially compared to the summer sale where I racked up for dirt cheapultraking

I think there were concerns about some users exploiting the reward system. Some idiots just have to mess things up...

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 ultraking

[QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Rocker6

I think there were concerns about some users exploiting the reward system. Some idiots just have to mess things up...

ahhhh. and heres the ol "that's why we cant have nice things".... I shake my fist at those people :(
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 R4gn4r0k

Skyrim's wasn't horrible but it lacked any impact feedback unless the enemy blocked. Chivalry does that very feel and also has better animations.BPoole96

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to say it was horrible. It was quite good actually, I just expected it to be better.

I'm sure they will improve on it for the next on again. Lets hope they take hints from other (better) games.:)

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#417 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

For me so far there has been really nothing interesting. It's the same stuff over and over. Today it is a main deal, tomorrow it is in the flash deal section at the same price.

Speaking of the flash deals. When did they start to last 12 hours? How can a 12 hour deal even be considered a flash deal?

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 Ly_the_Fairy

$20 for Dark Souls. Steam continues to disappoint with its sales. :/

Slashkice

lol yah, they've been failing hard!

So many of the games up for sale are nowhere near impulse buy range.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
lol at Terraria being $3.39 When Terraria was a $2.50 Flash sale in the the summer sale.
Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

O man Hotline Miami is $5

This is where I have to make the decision!

I still don't know if I should buy it.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts
You would think today would have some of the best sales... Besides Y's Origin, I have yet to buy anything.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 ArisShadows

$20 for Dark Souls. Steam continues to disappoint with its sales. :/

Slashkice
14.99 on Amazon. Also is Endless Space any good?
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 BPoole96

O man Hotline Miami is $5

This is where I have to make the decision!

I still don't know if I should buy it.

Quaker-w00ts
You should definitely buy it
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Still waiting for Bioshock 2 and the Men of War series to go on sale.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 BPoole96

sherman-tank1

This or this

This is also a very good deal. It doesn't contain Bioshock, but you still might be interested. 6 games for $10. Can't beat it.

Amazon and GMG have been beating Steam's deals in just about everything. Most games activate on Steam anyway so there is no reason to restrict yourself to onl buying Steam games

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 ArisShadows

sherman-tank1

http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-41039k-Dual-Pack1/dp/B008235PQQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1356480140&sr=1-1&keywords=bioshock+2

http://www.amazon.com/Desert-to-Sea-Bundle-Download/dp/B0091T6FQO/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1356480140&sr=1-3&keywords=bioshock+2

http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-41092hooter-Pack2-Download/dp/B008GW5V9E/ref=sr_1_6?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1356480140&sr=1-6&keywords=bioshock+2

You're welcome, kind sir.. All steam activiated, being from 5-10 dollars depending if you what you want for extra games, and will be the same price when/if it hits flash/community discount.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 ArisShadows

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

BPoole96

This or this

Amazon and GMG have been beating Steam's deals in just about everything. Most games activate on Steam anyway so there is no reason to restrict yourself to onl buying Steam games

Well, f*ck you, too BPoole96.. :P Also added the one with DNF.. if people really want it. :P
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 BPoole96
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

ArisShadows

This or this

Well, f*ck you, too BPoole96.. :P Also added the one with DNF.. if people really want it. :P

Too slow :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Thanks. I'm trying to decide now if I just want to get from Amazon and wait a week to get Bioshock 2 or wait until the Steam sale has it 75% (which it may not) and get it instantly. Decisions decisions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

This or this

BPoole96

You two can race to get me a page with Men of War games on sale.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 ArisShadows

Thanks. I'm trying to decide now if I just want to get from Amazon and wait a week to get Bioshock 2 or wait until the Steam sale has it 75% (which it may not) and get it instantly. Decisions decisions.

sherman-tank1
Wait a week? Its digital? You take the code it gives you and you activate it on steam.
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#433 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Got Hotline Miami

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 BPoole96

Got Hotline Miami

dommeus
Fvck yeah! Hope you enjoy :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

ArisShadows

Wait a week? Its digital? You take the code it gives you and you activate it on steam.

Oh seriously? Awesome. I'm going to buy it now.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Just got the Half-Life Collection for £1.74. Time to see what all the fuss is about.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#437 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Oh, God, the Darksiders franchise pack is back on Amazon.

hrrrrnnnnnnnggggg

Buying dat sheedy.

You beguile me, Amazon. Completely overwhelm me. I feel like Icarus flying too close to the sun.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"] Well, f*ck you, too BPoole96.. :P Also added the one with DNF.. if people really want it. :Psherman-tank1

You two can race to get me a page with Men of War games on sale.

Men of War: Assault Squad: $17.50.

Men of War: Red Ride: $10

Men of War: Vietnam: $17.50

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 ArisShadows

Spec Ops, Bioshock, and Bioshock 2 for $5. Amazon, you're so good to me. <3

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"]14.99 on AmazonSlashkice

Yep, that's where I ended up buying Dark Souls.

Let me guess 5 dollar credit? I thinking of picking it up for 5 too..
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 ArisShadows
Also thinking of picking up Retro City Rampage and maybe Dead Rising 2 Collection.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 BPoole96

Sine Mora $2.50 on GMG

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 ArisShadows
Just bought Dead Rising 2 Complete Colllection and Retro City Rampage.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 Ly_the_Fairy

If you all don't want to be terrible, terrible excuses for gamers, then I suggest you buy Galactic Civilizations

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 Ly_the_Fairy

Today's Steam sales

• All have already been featured as a daily deal, or community choice deal
  • All were cheaper in those other deals

:/

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Yeah lame sales, but silver lining being I don't have to use any more money. :P
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
This steam sale is depressing.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

So far I haven't bought much

• Lego Lord of the Rings($7.50 at amazon!)
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited(Also $7.50 at amazon!)
  • GRAW 1&2
  • HAWX 1&2
  • Endwar
  • Killing Floor(played a few rounds, this game is nuts)
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 Ly_the_Fairy

This steam sale is depressing.LP4EVA2005

There's a few things I'd fix.

1. There should be 12-16 daily deals just like there used to be
  2. They should actually be substantial deals since obviously they are the showcases
  3. Don't have any overlap between the daily deals, the flash sales, and the community choice. As I mentioned a couple posts before EVERY daily deal today has been in the flash, or community choice sales.
  4. Make the flash sales actually flash sales. It has that little phrase "Short deals. Get 'em while they last!", but I went to bed last night, and when I woke up this morning the same deals were there :P That's not very flashy.