Borderlands 2; screentearing in abundance and performance issues...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#151 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
Unless this is a developer's first time developing for the PS3, this shouldn't happen. The PS3 has been out for nearly 6 years now, a developer such as Gearbox should be more than able to make a game play well on the PS3, even with the Unreal Engine.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

i can never take these comperisions seriously untill I play them. Since there have been enough times when people do this and I just dont see what htey see.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
[QUOTE="Lems_R_Tools"]i love how Cows pretend not to care about this stuff. you know deep down its killing them they have to constantly play inferior Versions of games because they are to Cheap/Poor to afford XBL or a gaming PC, so they have no choice but to play it on PSN because the Multiplayer is free.

Oh come on. Do you have any evidence correlating choice of console to financial status?
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#154 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Game is amazing on PC, with all multiplat games had versions on PC like Sleeping Dogs and BL2 got!

Run well, tons of pc features, looks good,etc..

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Experts, lol.

Stevo_the_gamer

Yep, experts. Professionals. You know, folks that do professional video/programming for a living? Unlike you, which... um... just plays games. Have you ever created a texture before, how about a mesh? Every dabbled in Blender? What about script making? Little forum peon thinks he knows things. Ha! Now that's some funnies.

Edit: Ironically, the only poster at Gamespot that can talk tech sh*t and get away with is Teuf.

10 years Lightwave3D professional here. The company recently switched to Cinema4D so having to learn. But yep...modeling, texturing, rigging, lighting, animating...ive done it all for over a decade. :)
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
were these problems in the first borderlands as well? If so...i didnt notice and i probably wont notice with bl2 either
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I think even the cows know the PS3 has inferior multiplats. Still getting this on PS3 because my friend is getting it on that platform. The surprising amount of damage control from the cows is funny though.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#158 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I wonder what's better, having no games, or having a ton of games where a few of the multiplats have very slight graphical issues. Hmmm.

Eddie-Vedder

Framerate issues are not slight if they ruin your enjoyment of a game.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#159 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

The game works fine on my PS3. Small performance issues like described, in the end, don't matter and don't affect the experience. To compare it to Skyrim is absolutely LOL worthy. Skyrim became literally unplayable on the PS3 and can't even support DLC.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#160 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Been playing it on the PS3 and the only thing I've noticed is some texture pop in on things like ammo and guns when you open containers, other than that haven't had any problems.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

I wonder what's better, having no games, or having a ton of games where a few of the multiplats have very slight graphical issues. Hmmm.

Eddie-Vedder

U cows are so silly, 360 has more exclusives.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Why are shadows always so bad.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Good, I have it for the 360, due to friends.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#164 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Experts, lol.

ispeakfact

Yep, experts. Professionals. You know, folks that do professional video/programming for a living? Unlike you, which... um... just plays games. Have you ever created a texture before, how about a mesh? Every dabbled in Blender? What about script making? Little forum peon thinks he knows things. Ha! Now that's some funnies.

Edit: Ironically, the only poster at Gamespot that can talk tech sh*t and get away with is Teuf.

10 years Lightwave3D professional here. The company recently switched to Cinema4D so having to learn. But yep...modeling, texturing, rigging, lighting, animating...ive done it all for over a decade. :)

:lol:
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
Good, I have it for the 360, due to friends.ArisShadows
Y u no have me on friends list?
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="ispeakfact"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] Yep, experts. Professionals. You know, folks that do professional video/programming for a living? Unlike you, which... um... just plays games. Have you ever created a texture before, how about a mesh? Every dabbled in Blender? What about script making? Little forum peon thinks he knows things. Ha! Now that's some funnies.

Stevo_the_gamer

:lol:

For some reason, I dont really think he's telling the truth. :P
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

360 version looks a little cleaner to me, noticed some pop-in on the PS3 version.

PC version probably looks the crispest, but invariably will have problems on some systems, as well as weaker matchmaking and community for co-op.

clyde46

Weaker? The dam thing doesn't even work. Every other game I own works in multiplayer with my router, be it on 360 or on my PC yet BL2 refuses to connect to friends games.

Borderlands had the same problem. I had to go and forward a bunch of ports to get it to work with the first Borderlands.

They have seriously bad network code.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

360 version looks a little cleaner to me, noticed some pop-in on the PS3 version.

PC version probably looks the crispest, but invariably will have problems on some systems, as well as weaker matchmaking and community for co-op.

DragonfireXZ95

Weaker? The dam thing doesn't even work. Every other game I own works in multiplayer with my router, be it on 360 or on my PC yet BL2 refuses to connect to friends games.

Borderlands had the same problem. I had to go and forward a bunch of ports to get it to work with the first Borderlands.

I think this time the problem lies with Steamworks, on the Gearbox forum there is a massive thread about the connection issues. Even after forwarding ports they still can't connect. Some people reckon the problem is with the current version on steam being borked or something. All this after saying that BL2 wouldn't need port forwarding for multiplayer.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Weaker? The dam thing doesn't even work. Every other game I own works in multiplayer with my router, be it on 360 or on my PC yet BL2 refuses to connect to friends games.clyde46

I think this time the problem lies with Steamworks, on the Gearbox forum there is a massive thread about the connection issues. Even after forwarding ports they still can't connect. Some people reckon the problem is with the current version on steam being borked or something. All this after saying that BL2 wouldn't need port forwarding for multiplayer.

Not sure, but I'm sure it'll be fixed in a week or so. They usually get that stuff going fairly quickly.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

DragonfireXZ95

Not sure, but I'm sure it'll be fixed in a week or so. They usually get that stuff going fairly quickly.

Hopefully, I bought this game for co-op. someone needs to give the Steam monkey some coffee to make him hurry up and fix this crap.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Nothing surprising there. The PS3 is constantly getting the shaft, but it was down to the developers.

The game could have been superior on PS3 if they spent a lengthy amount of time on polishing. Instead, they are too lazy to spend more time with the PS3 and just released it for a quick buck.

Other multiplats which are superior on PS3 proved it all really.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

... on the PS3 version. Thankfully, the PC version holds up beautifully and the Xbox 360 version stands relatively well to boot.

-

"It's often to state the obvious that the PC version is the one to vouch for, but in this case it's worth putting a special word in."

-

"Tearing is in abundance on PS3 during battle, though they're both liable to drop v-sync when under strain from smoke and fire effects in particular. Moreover, frame-rate drops are more regular and sustained on Sony's console than they are on the 360 version - we see hitches down to 20FPS while running through the Sanctuary hub-town, while the latter version gets away in holding out at the target 30."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-borderlands-2-face-off

Stevo_the_gamer

There's a reason why the GPU industry headed towards unified shaders, not towards PS3's processing model.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

The PS3 is the weaker system.

95% of problems occur on it....

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Nothing surprising there. The PS3 is constantly getting the shaft, but it was down to the developers.

The game could have been superior on PS3 if they spent a lengthy amount of time on polishing. Instead, they are too lazy to spend more time with the PS3 and just released it for a quick buck.

GamerwillzPS

lol. Like skyrim?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#176 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I was just about to come in here and say "hey its running pretty well for me on an older PC".

Then I came into the thread and saw "ON PS3" :P
Well played Steveo

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

lemmons/cowz battling over 2nd place as usual

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 ronvalencia
[QUOTE="Wiiyou"]

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="Wiiyou"]

To bad this not come to WiiU, 1080p/60 fps :cry:

1080p and 60fps? Keep dreaming bro. Even at console settings that wouldn't be possible. And the PC version maxed out with physx also maxed, requires a good dual gpu rig to have an acceptable framerate. LMAO

Consoles maybe not even have physX?

So you mean a cartoon-shooter require more than Call of duty?

Consoles has PhysX middleware running on PPE X3 with VMX128 support and CELL.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"][QUOTE="ionusX"] a typical response from a cow.. cant fight back logically so he reverts to accusing someone of jelly :cool:

i guess ps3 folks really are like cows.. you try and talk to them and all that comes out is a low toned moo rather than something comprehendable.

id also like to point out that if you bought a multi-plat fps on a console.. your doing it wrong :cool: simply put.. controllers suck at shooters.. tps or fps

ionusX

I like eating trolls.  I bust on PS3, Xbox and Wii... I'm not either or.

truth does hurt indeed

hardreset_5760_1080.gif

outscored by a hd 7770.. TTHBO :lol: dat framerate...0.0

Anyway,

nv_the_way_primary_h_3d.jpg

NVIDIA Driver problems for NVIDIA's "The Way It's Meant To Be Played" game is LOL.

NVIDIA's "The Way It's Meant To Be Played" at 0 fps . LOL. According to NVIDIA's list page, Hard Reset's devs has a close relationship with NVIDIA. http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-games.html

NVIDIA makes the most of its The Way It's Meant to be Played program and close relationships with game developers to provide an amazing 3D gaming experience.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 ronvalencia
Obviously Gearbox is just incompetent, and their engine sucks. Duh.Stevo_the_gamer
Obviously Gearbox's Borderlands 2's 3D engine was licensed from EPIC.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 ronvalencia
[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"][QUOTE="Promised_Trini"]

That happens in all Versions of the game little one.

No duh... But with a GTX 690... come the hell on... Console port FTL!

wait people buy dual gpu's forplaying UNREAL ENGINE GAMES.. omg.. ahahahahah /deskpound omg ahahahahaah you gotta be kidding me.. i mean you would need to be some kind of ignorant bovine to think of doing something so stupid

i would also like to point out that unreal engine is an amd favored engine. if you has a 690 expect lousy game support and even worse since its a dual-gpu.

would you like me to show you the bioshock benchmarks?? where teh hd 5770 whooped the gtx 480's monkey ass (when it was oc'd)

690 could be running other games besides Borderlands 2...
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 ronvalencia
[QUOTE="parkurtommo"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

No duh... But with a GTX 690... come the hell on... Console port FTL!Truth_Hurts_U
wait people buy dual gpu's forplaying UNREAL ENGINE GAMES.. omg.. ahahahahah /deskpound omg ahahahahaah you gotta be kidding me.. i mean you would need to be some kind of ignorant bovine to think of doing something so stupid

i would also like to point out that unreal engine is an amd favored engine. if you has a 690 expect lousy game support and even worse since its a dual-gpu.

would you like me to show you the bioshock benchmarks?? where teh hd 5770 whooped the gtx 480's monkey ass (when it was oc'd)

But doesn't Borderlands (1 and 2) favour nvidia cards? Let's not forget we're talking about a heavily modified version of unreal engine 3. It's included with the 660ti and supports physx!! Are you dense?

Like I said before the physx is borderlands 2 is very heavy and only a SLI setup or a card like the 690 can handle it.

Unreal Engine 3 has supported CUDA PhysX since Unreal Tournament 3 e.g. on certain maps, I played it on my ASUS G1S (Geforce 8600M GT) laptop with CUDA PhysX.
Borderlands666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Borderlands666
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Ive had the PS3 version since day one, I really dont even notice the issues, I noticed some tearing at release but nothing terrible, obviously they have patched it since then, but its a great game. As far as people saying Gearbox is bad or Lazy....LOLOLOL. I did see one post mentioning Bethesda being a good dev....I can see the smart ass comparison your trying to make and honestly your an idiot. Bethesda has PUBLICLY ADMITTED that Skyrim issues on PS3 are their fault because they never bother to fully learn the systems processors. Bethesda is a joke, and that game was super buggy on every platform day 1.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#186 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

... on the PS3 version. Thankfully, the PC version holds up beautifully and the Xbox 360 version stands relatively well to boot.

Stevo_the_gamer

360 version stands relatively well? to pc? LOL?

aaronone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 aaronone
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
I never noticed any issues with my PS3 copy. That doesn't mean there isn't any I just never really noticed
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#188 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

MK-Professor

Yes.
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 MK-Professor

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Yes.

so playing borderlands2 on my pc like that 2560x1440 60fps, max settings, large fov, k/m, etc is the same like the xbox version with 1280x720, 30fps, low settings, small fov, controller :?

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

MK-Professor

Yes.

so playing borderlands2 on my pc like that 2560x1440 60fps, max settings, large fov, k/m, etc is the same like the xbox version with 1280x720, 30fps, low settings, small fov, controller :?

Inb4 lowe0

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 lowe0

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Yes.Riadon2

Inb4 lowe0

Who exactly makes these threads about me, again? Anyway, for Borderlands in specific, I'm playing it on both 360 and PC. Aside from triple monitor, I really don't feel like I'm missing anything on 360; I have the same amount of fun. (Before someone asks, I have friends who play co-op on 360, and got the PC version in a 4 pack as part of selling some old hardware.)
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#192 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

GamerwillzPS

So...because a small handful of multiplats on the PS3 are superior to their 360 counterparts...all of them could've been?

Gotta love that logic.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts
.whatev they just some lazyass devs besides the Xbox will never have a perfect ten exclusive like the ps3 period
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 clyde46
.whatev they just some lazyass devs besides the Xbox will never have a perfect ten exclusive like the ps3 period_SWAG_
Out come the lazy devs comments.
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 MK-Professor

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

lowe0

Inb4 lowe0

Who exactly makes these threads about me, again? Anyway, for Borderlands in specific, I'm playing it on both 360 and PC. Aside from triple monitor, I really don't feel like I'm missing anything on 360; I have the same amount of fun. (Before someone asks, I have friends who play co-op on 360, and got the PC version in a 4 pack as part of selling some old hardware.)

yes yes i agree aside from 4 times smaller rez, half the fps, low settings, super small fov, inacurest control scheme, it ispretty much the same experience. LOL lowe0 :lol::lol::lol:

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="Riadon2"]

Inb4 lowe0

MK-Professor

yes yes i agree aside from 4 times smaller rez, half the fps, low settings, super small fov, inacurest control scheme, it ispretty much the same experience. LOL lowe0 :lol::lol::lol:

It's my honest assessment having played both. Everyone places different emphasis on different components of the total value proposition, including in part those you listed.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

The_Game21x

So...because a small handful of multiplats on the PS3 are superior to their 360 counterparts...all of them could've been?

Gotta love that logic.

That doesn't make sense.

Fanboyish is getting to you, bro.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
It's a becoming a norm, except when talking about Konami (SH "collection").
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 MK-Professor

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Who exactly makes these threads about me, again? Anyway, for Borderlands in specific, I'm playing it on both 360 and PC. Aside from triple monitor, I really don't feel like I'm missing anything on 360; I have the same amount of fun. (Before someone asks, I have friends who play co-op on 360, and got the PC version in a 4 pack as part of selling some old hardware.)lowe0

It's my honest assessment having played both. Everyone places different emphasis on different components of the total value proposition, including in part those you listed.

The xbox version of Borderlands 2 have inferior graphics and gamplay compared to pc version, so nothing is better on xbox version.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 clyde46

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

MK-Professor

The xbox version of Borderlands 2 have inferior graphics and gamplay compared to pc version, so nothing is better on xbox version.

Maybe his friends play on 360? That was a reason for me at one point when I played on my 360.