BF4?? Why all of the love??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Gotta be honest when I say that I just don't get all of the hype over BF4 and the BF series all together. I joined a game of Domination tonight and the first 8 times I spawned in on what appeared to be a safe area I was immediately killed. I didn't even have time to take a single step. Hmm, yeah, that was good fun!! Then I have to ask why you have to start out with such HOOOOOORIBLE guns? There is an immediate disadvantage for a noobie versus someone who has been playing for a few weeks.

Seriously, I would rather play 100 rounds of CoD Ghosts or any CoD for that matter with rooms full of screaming 10 year olds before Id ever waste another second on a trash BF game!! Gamestop will be getting my copy of BF4 tomorrow!! This series is entirely overrated in a huge way! CoD!! KZSF!! Heck, Id rather play hours of Warframe!!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

BF4 shows a "Warning" if you are about to spawn on someone in danger. If not, then they are just shot randomly, or from a distance, and you should cry more.

It's a fun game, though it's glitchy as ****.

---

Don't you always play against those with better equipment, and guns, if they've been playing longer?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

BF4 shows a "Warning" if you are about to spawn on someone in danger. If not, then they are just shot randomly, or from a distance, and you should cry more.

I think the warning system is a little buggy, also the spawn on teammate has a black screen for way too long

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Maybe because we aren't as bad at game as you. Seems like a case of mad cause bad to me.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lundy86_4

@lostrib said:

@lundy86_4 said:

I think the warning system is a little buggy, also the spawn on teammate has a black screen for way too long

The warning, i've been okay with. The spawn invincibilty, is way too short... By the time you spawn, you can often be dead... I definitely agree.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Seriously, I would rather play 100 rounds of CoD Ghosts or any CoD for that matter with rooms full of screaming 10 year olds before Id ever waste another second on a trash BF game!!

In COD you play against people with much better guns as a newbie too :/

Also BF4 has a window letting you know what's happening in that area before you spawn in and if you're not spawning on squad mates in Domination then you're doing it wrong

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib

@lundy86_4 said:

@lostrib said:

@lundy86_4 said:

The warning, i've been okay with. The spawn invincibilty, is way too short... By the time you spawn, you can often be dead... I definitely agree.

as far as I know there isn't any spawn invincibility, perhaps maybe a split second. But yeah that's the issue with the black screen, you will actually spawn in before you can see or move

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Gotta be honest when I say that I just don't get all of the hype over BF4 and the BF series all together. I joined a game of Domination tonight and the first 8 times I spawned in on what appeared to be a safe area I was immediately killed. I didn't even have time to take a single step. Hmm, yeah, that was good fun!! Then I have to ask why you have to start out with such HOOOOOORIBLE guns? There is an immediate disadvantage for a noobie versus someone who has been playing for a few weeks.

Seriously, I would rather play 100 rounds of CoD Ghosts or any CoD for that matter with rooms full of screaming 10 year olds before Id ever waste another second on a trash BF game!! Gamestop will be getting my copy of BF4 tomorrow!! This series is entirely overrated in a huge way! CoD!! KZSF!! Heck, Id rather play hours of Warframe!!

I usually don't say this but, you probably just suck. Seriously the game isn't hard to play. I spawn all the time without dieing and I go on to kill people. Hell I am using one of the earlier guns and I have no problem killing people. You.Just.Suck. Sorry dude.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lundy86_4

@lostrib said:

as far as I know there isn't any spawn invincibility, perhaps maybe a split second. But yeah that's the issue with the black screen, you will actually spawn in before you can see or move

I wouldn't be surprised. I understand that you get the warning, due to spawning on teammates, but it can still be frustrating... Especially if the are not under fire, and killed quickly.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

im logging in to play some now. game is awesome. dual core pentium w/ radeon 7850 rock solid 60fps. #nevercrash

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

Maybe because we aren't as bad at game as you. Seems like a case of mad cause bad to me.

This. There is actually some depth to gameplay unlike CoD's mindless running and gunning. Ghosts is trash.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

go back to your cod

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@Zoso813 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

This. There is actually some depth to gameplay unlike CoD's mindless running and gunning. Ghosts is trash.

Weird that at any given time Ghosts on the PS4 has 40,000 plus playing and I have seen BF4 at peak times having less than half of that. But you are right, BF4 is by far a superior game!! Ummm...NO!!

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

I'm not a big fan of the whole no spawn protection thing either so I'll agree with you on that, but starting with terrible guns? Come on, the Assault class starts with the AK-12, which I find phenomenal. But if I were you, I'd stick with CoD. Battlefield might be a bit too chaotic for your taste.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lostrib

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@Zoso813 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Weird that at any given time Ghosts on the PS4 has 40,000 plus playing and I have seen BF4 at peak times having less than half of that. But you are right, BF4 is by far a superior game!! Ummm...NO!!

I've seen BF4 with over 100K on one platform

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

@lostrib said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@Zoso813 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

I've seen BF4 with over 100K on one platform

I play on x1 and there are many people playing! and its a great game even though a little buggy... op must clearly be playing the game wrong if he spawns once and dies so he rage quits and returns the game... mad cause bad indeed.

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zoso813

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@Zoso813 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Because we both know that hey, if it's more popular, it's better quality!

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@Zoso813 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

McDonalds sells the most food, doesnt make it quality

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

The default guns for BF4 aren't horrible. You can easily kill with them. If you can't kill with them that's not the fault of the game.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#22 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Sounds like BF rage venting. I know that feel bro.

I've learned that when such rage begins to boil up, quit the game before it grows.

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zoso813

@Wasdie said:

The default guns for BF4 aren't horrible. You can easily kill with them. If you can't kill with them that's not the fault of the game.

Seriously. The starting guns are fine. The AK-12 is pretty good, same with the MX4. I'll give you the starting sniper is horrible. Also, the starting carbine, the AK5C is one of the best in the game (IMO).

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I find all competitive mp shooters trash and boring as shit.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

what do you want? COD guns ? where the bullets bend towards the target and you die in 3 hits ?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Crashfield 4 had so much potential to bad all bugs/problems make it a bad/terrible broken game:/

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I'm confused how someone has those complaints about Battlefield (bad spawns, poor balance), but then goes on to claim CoD is better.