BF4 vs BFH Stats. PC gamers stay, but consoles move on?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

So with Battlefield Hardline out for more than a week now, i've been following and noticing an interesting trend in the population of the BF franchise, across all platforms.

Over the latest itterations, Battlefield has always been very popular on PC and Playstation systems. Just over the last months, the PC and PS4 version were the constant, most popular version, even from launch. The PS3 was third. With xbox consoles, it just wasn't has popular.

It's said that PC gamers support a game for longer periods of time. For reference, here's a quick shot of the BF3 stats

However, BF Hardline is a pretty interesting case. Not only is the PS4 version more popular, but so is the XB1 version.

Yet with BF4, not only has the PC taken a larger lead than in the last months, but also continues to be far more popular than BFH

Obviously, fluctuations will occur and sometimes the ps4 version will be on top.

Regardless, it's pretty funny, and weird, to see how PC gamers, who always tend to be in full support of Battlefield, haven't simply moved on to the latest trend, and actually have decided to stick with BF3-4

In contrast, console population has indeed taken a dive ever since Hardline's launch.

So do you think pc gamers tend to stay longer? Do console gamers simply leave a game in favour of the new hotness? Or could this just be a rare case?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Does Hardline have 64 player MP? I'll be honest and say I haven't kept up with it. All the videos seem CoDish.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

Consoles actually get new games, not flash web browser crap like PoE so they can easily move on to better stuff

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I've decided against buying it (PC).

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Didn't we conclude long time ago that PC gamers tend to stick with games they love, while console players usually ditch their favorite game for a new one?

I mean, that's why GOG is so popular and successful.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Maybe PC gamers just remember better how bad they got burned with BF4

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

All those thousands of gamers trying to play Battlefield on PSN. God bless them all

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#8 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Does Hardline have 64 player MP? I'll be honest and say I haven't kept up with it. All the videos seem CoDish.

Yes it does, there are some maps that work well with it too. There are unfortunately some small maps that suck though.

As for OP, it's still in the first 2 weeks of release, expect all those numbers to drop as the weeks go on.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58956 Posts

@lostrib said:

Pc gamers continue to buy and play broken amateurish greenlighty early access survival games off steam, using that for a benchmark, they will literally buy anything.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@lostrib said:

Pc gamers continue to buy and play broken amateurish greenlighty early access survival games off steam, using that for a benchmark, they will literally buy anything.

All you do is lie and spread misinformation around here, so what you have to say isn't all that important

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#11  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

PC gamers care more about quality and are not going to buy something just because it is new. Console players are like sheep and just follow the latest hype. That is why COD and Halo are so popular on consoles. They are marketed towards peasants who are wowed by explosions and shiny things with no substance. Most console peasants are simple beings that want simple things. They are attracted to the simplicity of the consoles and don't know any better. They are fine with playing with inferior controls at low resolutions of 720p/900p and still not keeping a steady framerate.

BF hardline is inferior to BF3/4 in every way. It is not a bad game, but PC players prefer the older and better games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58956 Posts

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@lostrib said:

All you do is lie and spread misinformation around here, so what you have to say isn't all that important

I respect your opinion.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@lostrib said:

I respect your opinion.

lol

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I've noticed that in general....when PC gamers find something they like....they tend to stick with it.

Console gamers tend to movo on more quickly.

I also feel that BF4 and it's spectacularly awful launch had something to do with low sales for BFH on PC.....but also....the first beta was just boring as shit.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

BF:HL is the only decent release consoles have had for MONTHS now so of course they are all going to buy and play it.

The case is the opposite on PC.

Let's see how long it lasts, Titanfall and Destiny dropped off very quickly.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

There are still couple dozen thousand pcgamers who regularly play Battlefield 2, a 10 years old game that for quite some time had it's official online support dropped and players had to design their own system to continue playing.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

PC multiplayer communities are like a slow boil. They'll stick around for ages even if they aren't that large or exciting.

Console multiplayer communities are like a hot flash of steam. Gone in a second and they made a mess all over the stove.

I'm pretty sure I nailed this analogy.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

@nutcrackr said:

@Shewgenja said:

Yes it does, there are some maps that work well with it too. There are unfortunately some small maps that suck though.

As for OP, it's still in the first 2 weeks of release, expect all those numbers to drop as the weeks go on.

Not that I know for certain, but I think I've read in some places that it supports 66 player matches. Not sure if a typo or not.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@nutcrackr said:

@Shewgenja said:

Not that I know for certain, but I think I've read in some places that it supports 66 player matches. Not sure if a typo or not.

Could be the hackers (commanders) included as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@lostrib said:

Well I agree with him this time. The steaming pile of crap H1Z1 sold over a million copies on steam. -_-

And everytime you look at the top sellers list there are always 2 or 3 similar types of early access crap selling.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@lostrib said:

I respect your opinion.

the feeling is not mutual

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Consolites need their yearly rehashes, they see something new and move on, shitty or not, they'll be there.

Though I see PC gamers are not bright enough here, if they were they'd know BF4 is shit and BF3 clearly superior

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

BF hardline was a piece o'shite and i ain't buying that :p

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

lol PC gamers have no money for new games, only hardware, Humbles Bundles, and Steam sales

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

I'll stick with BF4 , the game is stable now and the community is great ....

@KHAndAnime said:

lol PC gamers have no money for new games, only hardware, Humbles Bundles, and Steam sales

PC gamers don't buy anything labeled "new" ....

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Consolites need their yearly rehashes, they see something new and move on, shitty or not, they'll be there.

Though I see PC gamers are not bright enough here, if they were they'd know BF4 is shit and BF3 clearly superior

BF4 is like BF3 ...not that much of a difference.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

I couldn't bring myself to push the button on the Ultimate Edition for $120 on Origin. All we ask is for BF: Bad Co. 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Maybe there's no crack for the new Battlefield?

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Well Hardline is hardly a different or better game so why bother getting it?

B_rich84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By B_rich84
Member since 2013 • 367 Posts

@lostrib said:

And the fact that BF4 and Hardline are the exact same as BF3 so why pay $120 for the same shit?

And this is coming from a guy who likes BF3 and it's current state BF4 but I understand and ill be passing Hard Line as well. I'm done with that crappy business model of paying double the price of a game for DLC. Console players I guess have no problem paying $120 for a game yet they crucify PC gamers for having a costly gaming system (PC).

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Battlefield Hardline is not as good as BF3 was or as BF4 is right now. So, it seems like people went back to BF4 or they didn't support this cash grab in the first place. Not to mention there are a lot more games available on PC than on Xbox One and PS4. People can live without one cash grab title.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

@b_rich84 said:

Console players I guess have no problem paying $120 for a game yet they crucify PC gamers for having a costly gaming system (PC).

Or they just play the campaign, play online until they are bored by the maps and sell the game and move on to the next game.

I can't see BF anymore. I am glad I never played CoD online so Ghosts and AW feels new and fresh to me. I was always a BF guy and loved BF2 and BF3. But BF4 was like BF3.5 and Hardline was uninstalled 5 minutes after starting up the beta.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#33 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

I didn't really like the beta for Hardline, and my first few hours of the full game were mixed.
But after playing more, it is proving to be fairly enjoyable mp game despite some faults. I don't think it's a reskin, there are plenty of changes (more than some previous battlefield games).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#34 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

See, in this case, I would argue that the console gamers actually had the right idea.