BF4 Naval Strike coming March - Titan mode returns

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

BF4s next DLC titled "Naval Strike" will launch in March for premium users.

The DLC will reintroduce "Capture the Titan" mode from BF2142

Source

Personally I've given up on the game. After playing Titanfall I just can't stand how laggy and sluggish BF4 feels. It constantly feels like the game is fighting against me. Not only that but the game is still buggy and they said they wouldn't release more DLC until it was fixed. Second assault JUST came out this month and now we have the new one a month after

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

can't stand how laggy and sluggish BF4 feels. It constantly feels like the game is fighting against me.

I've been getting the same feeling lately

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@lostrib said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

can't stand how laggy and sluggish BF4 feels. It constantly feels like the game is fighting against me.

I didn't notice it until I played a tighter controlling game

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I haven't had many issues with the console version. But at the end of the year EA released a statement saying they wouldn't release anything more until the game was fixed. What do you guys think?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lostrib

@Animal-Mother said:

I haven't had many issues with the console version. But at the end of the year EA released a statement saying they wouldn't release anything more until the game was fixed. What do you guys think?

Well it's fixed in the sense that the servers and game don't crash all the time but there are still some issues with the actual game. So i'm not sure it would be considered entirely fixed. I don't know when you got the console version but my understanding is that it has/had the same or similar issues to PC.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

BF4 felt rushed and half assed. After playing Titanfall I haven't really felt the need to play BF4. It just felt so slow and buggy by comparison

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib

@seanmcloughlin said:

@lostrib said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

I didn't notice it until I played a tighter controlling game

Huh, i thought i responded to this. GS must have eaten my post.

but it does seem like something slowed down between BF3 and BF4

And between the bugs, the unbalanced teams/derpy team mates, the assholes, and the "netcode" it can all get very frustrating

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Well it's fixed in the sense that the servers and game don't crash all the time but there are still some issues with the actual game. So i'm not sure it would be considered entirely fixed. I don't know when you got the console version but my understanding is that it has/had the same or similar issues to PC.

I got it with the release of PS4. My biggest issues were server crashing and corrupted save games. Luckily I haven't lost my stats and continue to rarely have issues with it ( My main one now is just audio sync sometimes). That and something odd happened. I hadn't played the SP in a couple of weeks and it put me back to the beginning of a mission after being more then half way through.

LightEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 LightEffect
Member since 2012 • 63 Posts

Too bad premium is no where close to being worth the price of a new PC game. The amount of bugs and crap in the game still is just painful, but I keep playing because I really want it to be good. It would be so nice if DICE broke away from EA and really spent time on a solid Battlefield game.

Mantle sure improved my performance though.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

I'm sure Titan mode is great. Too bad BF4 sucks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Animal-Mother said:

@lostrib said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I got it with the release of PS4. My biggest issues were server crashing and corrupted save games. Luckily I haven't lost my stats and continue to rarely have issues with it ( My main one now is just audio sync sometimes). That and something odd happened. I hadn't played the SP in a couple of weeks and it put me back to the beginning of a mission after being more then half way through.

On the PC version in certain maps of TDM the sound disappears completely. You get this sort of underwater kind of sound or just no sound at all.

plus there's the entire net code being total ass that really ruins the game too. Filling a guy with bullets in the back only to have him turn and insta kill me, or getting shot behind walls, delayed shots,being killed by a guy and having it say he has "0 health", 2 people killing each other at the same time etc. etc. it's a mess of a game

@LightEffect said:

Too bad premium is no where close to being worth the price of a new PC game.

I think premium is worth the price. You get more content with premium than you do buying the base game. If anything I'd say the base game isn't worth the full price

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Wish they did this with bf3. It had its issues, but felt so much better.