Best FPS/RPG hybrid of the last 10 years?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I feel a FPS/RPG hybrid genre offers one of the most satisfying gameplay mechanics, and is incredibly immersive yet there weren't really that many games of this kind lately.

I hereby shall nominate:

BioShock 1, BioShock 2, BioShock: Infinite, Borderlands 1, Borderlands 2, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Boiling Point: Road To Hell, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

I will concede that I had my doubts in nominating any of the BioShock games and I didn't want to include Dishonored or Far Cry 3 here, although Dishonored could qualify since there are not only RPG-leveling elements but also story choices that affect the ending in a lot of minor ways. However, I opted not to.

Anyway, what's your fav FPS/RPG hybrid of the past 10 years and did I omit something significant?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Bioshock 2.

I still need to get around to playing Dishnonoured but I think I would nominate that one too.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Bioshock 2.

I still need to get around to playing Dishnonoured but I think I would nominate that one too.

BioShock 2 had the best gameplay out of all BioShock games, and it was a nice touch there were some key events / characters that required you to make some choices that affected the game's endings somewhat.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries

Indeed... It wouldve been perfect with NG+... That plus many many many tweaks in the gameplay.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Fallout New Vegas for me. I liked Borderlands but it was pretty much a loot fest and not much else. Bioshock had a good story but dull gameplay IMO. I wish there were a lot more games like this the two genres work well together but for RPG's you seem to mostly get fantasy and FPS mostly straight shooter. I like the look of Cyberpunk 2077 I'd actually rather play that than Witcher 3 but it's a long way off.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

Fallout 3