Banjo Kazooie 3 could be the biggest system seller

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MayorJohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 MayorJohnny
Member since 2003 • 7838 Posts

There's a difference between just an AAAE and a system seller. I think that Banjo Kazooie 3 could be an AAA game and I think that it will be the biggest "System Seller" for the Xbox 360 this Christmas. Here's why:

Games like GeoW 2, Halo Wars, and Ninja Gaiden 2 should all be great games. However, these games probably won't move units to new customers. These games will sell very well, though mainly to people who already have an Xbox 360.

Banjo Kazooie 3 will intrigue some Nintendo fans, and casual gamers. This game is one of the reasons why I have decided to buy an Xbox 360.

TMontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 TMontana1004
Member since 2007 • 4537 Posts

They just need to advertise the crap out of it and other games like Fable 2 and Too Human.

Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Reyes360
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts
wow what a year the 2008 lineup for the 360 looks to have. I always forget about Kazooie, I mean this is a AAA franchise, lol, you know if this was on the other system you wouldnt stop hearing about it......
jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
Nope. It won't. GTA or maybe MGS.
glitchesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 glitchesofwar
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts

Agreed, I would buy a 360 JUST to play Banjo 3.

Love that franchise to bits. Banjo 1 and 2 were sooooo good. Maybe even better than Galaxy imo. Maybe not but its certainly right up there.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
I'm sure it has a dedicated fanbase, but I think GTAIV holds that title.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

There's a difference between just an AAAE and a system seller. I think that Banjo Kazooie could be AAA game and I think that it will be the biggest "System Seller" for the Xbox 360 this Christmas. Here's why:

Games like GeoW 2, Halo Wars, and Ninja Gaiden 2 should all be great games. However, these games probably won't move units to new customers. These games will sell very well, though mainly to people who already have an Xbox 360.

Banjo Kazooie 3 will intrigue some Nintendo fans, and casual gamers. This game is one of the reasons why I have decided to buy an Xbox 360.

MayorJohnny

The Platform/Adventure Genre doesn't seem to move system's like they used to, even AMAZING ones.

Oddworld Stranger

Sly Cooper

MAXIMO

Psychonauts

Jak

Ratchet

Metal Arms

Uncharted

etc.

THere are plenty of other examples. If those Ninty fans didn't buy these, Banjo may share a similar fate. As a Platformer Expert I try to play as many quality gems as possible, but who here in SWdoes that?

Have you played these? All of These? Most of THESE? Have you even heard of all of these? That's my point.

I will buy Banjo 3 as well as Infamous and LittleBigPlanet, Day one, but I'm a supporter of the genre, are you?

M$, Ninty, and Sony all look at these sales and seem to be moving on.

If you want to make a differnece, support the GENRE.

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

i hope sheep that loved the originals are tempted to buy a 360 if BK3 turns out to be excellent, and put their fanboyism aside

also, i really hope this is a return to form for RARE

river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
[QUOTE="MayorJohnny"]

There's a difference between just an AAAE and a system seller. I think that Banjo Kazooie could be AAA game and I think that it will be the biggest "System Seller" for the Xbox 360 this Christmas. Here's why:

SolidTy

Metal Arms

i was in a dryspell for games one time last gen so i needed to buy something. this game just barely cought my attention and i bought it. it ended up be on of my top fav. games of last gen
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

i hope sheep that loved the originals are tempted to buy a 360 if BK3 turns out to be excellent, and put their fanboyism aside

also, i really hope this is a return to form for RARE

akif22

Well they still have their whole Banjo team. So is it safe to say they were never out of shape? It's their FPS teams that split.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
its possible.
user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
Odds are Microsoft will release BK3 the same month as GeoW2.. and spend all the advertising on gears. Just like GeoW and Viva Pinita..
whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts
Odds are Microsoft will release BK3 the same month as GeoW2.. and spend all the advertising on gears. Just like GeoW and Viva Pinita..user_nat
The more favourble odds are Banjoo 3 will get delayed and wont even come out this year.
Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts

Yeahh...

Okay. Somehow I don't think so.

numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 numba1234
Member since 2007 • 3561 Posts
The game won't even break a million. THe first 2 games in this seires, had sales comparable to the R&C series. Why would a 10 year old game, that wasn't even that popular to begin with be on the sales of a Mario game, or halo game. The first 2 weren't even amazing games to begin with. Overrated 'graphic' wonders would be compliment to those games. Spyro series, Rayman 2, and Super mario 64 completely destoryed those games.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SSCyborg

[QUOTE="user_nat"]Odds are Microsoft will release BK3 the same month as GeoW2.. and spend all the advertising on gears. Just like GeoW and Viva Pinita..whocares4peace
The more favourble odds are Banjoo 3 will get delayed and wont even come out this year.

I really don't want that.

What i hope is Banjo bundled with 360 for the holiday season. MS wanted to hit the casual market, and that would seem like a pretty good idea to do it. Wouldn't it?

Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Reyes360
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts

The game won't even break a million. THe first 2 games in this seires, had sales comparable to the R&C series.numba1234

yeah i dont think it will sell well either, but it has a history of AAA ancestors so Im sure it will be a great game. Chalk another one up for the 360....

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SSCyborg

The game won't even break a million. THe first 2 games in this seires, had sales comparable to the R&C series. Why would a 10 year old game, that wasn't even that popular to begin with be on the sales of a Mario game, or halo game.numba1234

Marketing?

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts

The problem with the 360 is that the games just appeal to the same audience again and again.

Banjo Threeie would appeal to a different audience, but it has to be advertised A LOT. (Which it won't be, because Gears of War 2 comes out at around the same time, remember Viva Pinata?)

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sexy_chimp

The game won't even break a million. THe first 2 games in this seires, had sales comparable to the R&C series. Why would a 10 year old game, that wasn't even that popular to begin with be on the sales of a Mario game, or halo game. The first 2 weren't even amazing games to begin with. Overrated 'graphic' wonders would be compliment to those games. Spyro series, Rayman 2, and Super mario 64 completely destoryed those games.numba1234

Uhh...I know Banjo Kazooie sold over 4 million so I don't know what your talking about.

And Banjo Kazooie is by far the best platforming series out there, next to MAYBE Mario.

Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts
I'm still not believing that this game is coming out in 2008 no matter what RARE says. We haven't seen anything except the CG trailer. I just don't think it's ready.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Maybe some sheep will get a 360 for it.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

MayorJohnny

Ok Ok, here is what I dont get. Banjo Kazooie was a great game and sold pretty well on the NINTENDO 64 where arguably it has a VASTLY different audience then the Xbox. I mean the fans of N64 buy cute lovable platformers all the time on that console, the game appeals to that audience.

Why are people so sure that the Xbox 360 fanbase will embrace this cartoony platformer with open arms? Its not on the same console where it had its success and not selling to necessarily the same audience.

whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 whocares4peace

The problem with the 360 is that the games just appeal to the same audience again and again.

Banjo Threeie would appeal to a different audience, but it has to be advertised A LOT. (Which it won't be, because Gears of War 2 comes out at around the same time, remember Viva Pinata?)

sexy_chimp

Viva Pinata had markeing. Hell it had its own kids TV show. Its just that show was terrible and completely unreleated the game,

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sexy_chimp
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

whocares4peace

Viva Pinata had markeing. Hell it had its own kids TV show. Its just that show was terrible and completely unreleated the game,

I'm pretty sure the show was around a while before the game and the game was based off of it.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
It might attract a younger audience, and some sony/nintendo fans who like BK.
whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 whocares4peace
[QUOTE="whocares4peace"][QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

sexy_chimp

I'm pretty sure the show was around a while before the game and the game was based off of it.

But the show was funded by MS just to market the game. It wasnt as if a the game was a spin off of the show, it was the other way around.
numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 numba1234

[QUOTE="numba1234"]The game won't even break a million. THe first 2 games in this seires, had sales comparable to the R&C series. Why would a 10 year old game, that wasn't even that popular to begin with be on the sales of a Mario game, or halo game. The first 2 weren't even amazing games to begin with. Overrated 'graphic' wonders would be compliment to those games. Spyro series, Rayman 2, and Super mario 64 completely destoryed those games.sexy_chimp

Uhh...I know Banjo Kazooie sold over 4 million so I don't know what your talking about.

And Banjo Kazooie is by far the best platforming series out there, next to MAYBE Mario.

The game is matched gameplay wise with several other games. Rayman 2 was significantly superior, spyro first 3 games aswell, and so was rocket: robot on wheels. Also sly 2, and 3 were better games. As well as, super mario sunshine. It is so overrated, that is mind boggling to see it score so high. The game is a bad super mario 64 clone, that had incredibly huge amount of game design flaws. and control flaws that should not give it high scores. But then again that "9.5" would give hype to anygame. When I care about a score, I'll be hyping the next Tony Hawk Pro Skater game AAAA, and best game ever made.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sexy_chimp
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

[QUOTE="numba1234"]The game won't even break a million. THe first 2 games in this seires, had sales comparable to the R&C series. Why would a 10 year old game, that wasn't even that popular to begin with be on the sales of a Mario game, or halo game. The first 2 weren't even amazing games to begin with. Overrated 'graphic' wonders would be compliment to those games. Spyro series, Rayman 2, and Super mario 64 completely destoryed those games.numba1234

The game is matched gameplay wise with several other games. Rayman 2 was significantly superior, spyro first 3 games aswell, and so was rocketboy. Also sly 2, and 3 were better games. As well as, super mario sunshine. It is so overrated, that is mind boggling to see it score so high. The game is a bad super mario 64 clone, that had incredibly huge amount of game design flaws. and control flaws that should not give it high scores. But then again that "9.5" would give hype to anygame. When I care about a score, I'll be hyping the next Tony Hawk Pro Skater game AAAA, and best game ever made.

No, Banjo Kazooie is better than all those games.

Sorry.

dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts
I dont think it will be a big system seller, but I bought the 360 for it, and many other games. I am looking forward to this game though, and hope it turns out just as good as the ones before it.

I dont know how you can compare this game to games like rayman 2, sly or spyro, thos games all fail miserably in comparison.....
numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 numba1234
[QUOTE="numba1234"][QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

[QUOTE="numba1234"]The game won't even break a million. THe first 2 games in this seires, had sales comparable to the R&C series. Why would a 10 year old game, that wasn't even that popular to begin with be on the sales of a Mario game, or halo game. The first 2 weren't even amazing games to begin with. Overrated 'graphic' wonders would be compliment to those games. Spyro series, Rayman 2, and Super mario 64 completely destoryed those games.sexy_chimp

The game is matched gameplay wise with several other games. Rayman 2 was significantly superior, spyro first 3 games aswell, and so was rocketboy. Also sly 2, and 3 were better games. As well as, super mario sunshine. It is so overrated, that is mind boggling to see it score so high. The game is a bad super mario 64 clone, that had incredibly huge amount of game design flaws. and control flaws that should not give it high scores. But then again that "9.5" would give hype to anygame. When I care about a score, I'll be hyping the next Tony Hawk Pro Skater game AAAA, and best game ever made.

Sorry.

On what scale? The 1998 scale when this bad game came out? When it was one of the first 3d platformers?
Or the 2008 scale? When all these superior 3d platformers came out.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sexy_chimp
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"][QUOTE="numba1234"][QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

[QUOTE="numba1234"]The game won't even break a million. THe first 2 games in this seires, had sales comparable to the R&C series. Why would a 10 year old game, that wasn't even that popular to begin with be on the sales of a Mario game, or halo game. The first 2 weren't even amazing games to begin with. Overrated 'graphic' wonders would be compliment to those games. Spyro series, Rayman 2, and Super mario 64 completely destoryed those games.numba1234

Sorry.

On what scale? The 1998 scale when this bad game came out? When it was one of the first 3d platformers?

Right now, when the only superior 3D platformer is SMG.

exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 exiledsnake
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts
wow. i hear banjo this and banjo that but i've never really seen the game being played before. i think i'll check it out now just to see what its all about.
numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 numba1234
[QUOTE="numba1234"][QUOTE="sexy_chimp"][QUOTE="numba1234"][QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

Sorry.

Right now, when the only superior 3D platformer is SMG.

I doubt you've played 3 games I've listed.. Only possibly super mario 64.
GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

I'm sure it has a dedicated fanbase, but I think GTAIV holds that title.Verge_6

GTA's multiplatform, how could it be a system seller?!

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sexy_chimp

Maybe some sheep will get a 360 for it.EuroMafia

It was the main force behind my purchase, however now I have found tons of more games to buy.

However, if it wasn't for Banjo Threeie I probably would've never bought it.

stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 stika
Member since 2005 • 2628 Posts
did banjo 1 and banjo tooie moved a lot of N64 systems back in the day?
Khalas101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Khalas101
Member since 2007 • 138 Posts

LMAOOO this guy lost all his credibility...Spyro better then BK? I don't care if its your opinion or not, you have bad taste.

Edit : gram

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
Wasn't the last banjo released grunty's revenge and a huge flop?
Of all the hype, I really really don't get the banjo hype...
MayorJohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MayorJohnny
Member since 2003 • 7838 Posts
If Microsoft advertises Banjo Kazooie 3 well, it could sell very well. I think that a lot of Nintenod fans (like me) would want to play Banjo Kazooie 3. :D
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
I wouldn't buy a 360 for Banjo. It's probably on the minus scale as far as anticipation goes for me.If I wanted stuff like that I would have kept my Wii.
stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 stika

I wouldn't buy a 360 for Banjo. It's probably on the minus scale as far as anticipation goes for me.If I wanted stuff like that I would have kept my Wii.heretrix

you mean you dont have a Wii? you poor thing :P

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Andrew_Xavier

[QUOTE="heretrix"]I wouldn't buy a 360 for Banjo. It's probably on the minus scale as far as anticipation goes for me.If I wanted stuff like that I would have kept my Wii.stika

Stika, you're my American Idol, and you didn't even need a record contract with randy jackson before entering the competition!

BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts

sexy_chimp

Microsoft would be retarded not to listen to RARE this time around.

Remember how RARE spoke out against all the support Gears of War recieved, a title that was going to sell millions no matter what, while a niche game that needed help, Viva Pinata, was left out.

Pure_Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 Pure_Awesome
Member since 2006 • 1684 Posts
I think it will. The game has a great reputation. Children and fans of the older games will want it probably. cant wait.
stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 stika
[QUOTE="stika"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]I wouldn't buy a 360 for Banjo. It's probably on the minus scale as far as anticipation goes for me.If I wanted stuff like that I would have kept my Wii.Andrew_Xavier

Stika, you're my American Idol, and you didn't even need a record contract with randy jackson before entering the competition!

yes..feed my ego

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sexy_chimp
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"]

BreakingPoint8

Microsoft would be retarded not to listen to RARE this time around.

Remember how RARE spoke out against all the support Gears of War recieved, a title that was going to sell millions no matter what, while a niche game that needed help, Viva Pinata, was left out.

Microsoft was stupid to miss the chance anyway. Viva Pinata is probably the only GOOD kid friendly game on the console and they barely even advertised it. It was the perfect chance to sell the 360 to a new audience.

Halochief_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 Halochief_101
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts
Dude I loved that game forthe 64!!
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"][QUOTE="stika"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]I wouldn't buy a 360 for Banjo. It's probably on the minus scale as far as anticipation goes for me.If I wanted stuff like that I would have kept my Wii.stika

yes..feed my ego

Well, my hamster died, so, I had to feed something.

stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 stika
[QUOTE="stika"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"][QUOTE="stika"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]I wouldn't buy a 360 for Banjo. It's probably on the minus scale as far as anticipation goes for me.If I wanted stuff like that I would have kept my Wii.Andrew_Xavier

yes..feed my ego

Well, my hamster died, so, I had to feed something.

:lol: