At EB Games today...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS3_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PS3_FTW
Member since 2006 • 517 Posts

I went into EB today to pick up Madden 07 on PSP, and I saw a load of boxes of Wiis on the shelves. I asked the store clerk about them and he said "The chistmas buzz for Wiis has really gone down, its getting hard to sell them. Of course, there is always the sheep that buy a few, but the general public appears to not care"

Also, apparently the best selling game at my local EB was Resistance FOM, and they are starting to do preorders for MGS4 ("Best to be prepared for the massive buzz for this game" he said), and they have 3 pages of preorders already. Also, Wii's new AAA 'game' has not been selling well. "I guess people want propper games, I hope not all Wii games are minigames fit for partys" was what the store clerk told me.

So all this you hear from sheep about how PS3 is not selling and Wario being amazing, dont believe it, trust me, the general public decide what happens in the gaming world, and they are making the right choice - go with quality games, ditch kiddy Wii-Wii-Wario. I know about this stuff, my dad works where they make Playstaion games, and he says that casual gamers are loving Resistance. I dont blame them, its an awesome game.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
The general public =/= your EB

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts

I went into EB today to pick up Madden 07 on PSP, and I saw a load of boxes of Wiis on the shelves. I asked the store clerk about them and he said "The chistmas buzz for Wiis has really gone down, its getting hard to sell them. Of course, there is always the sheep that buy a few, but the general public appears to not care"

Also, apparently the best selling game at my local EB was Resistance FOM, and they are starting to do preorders for MGS4 ("Best to be prepared for the massive buzz for this game" he said), and they have 3 pages of preorders already. Also, Wii's new AAA 'game' has not been selling well. "I guess people want propper games, I hope not all Wii games are minigames fit for partys" was what the store clerk told me.

So all this you hear from sheep about how PS3 is not selling and Wario being amazing, dont believe it, trust me, the general public decide what happens in the gaming world, and they are making the right choice - go with quality games, ditch kiddy Wii-Wii-Wario. I know about this stuff, my dad works where they make Playstaion games, and he says that casual gamers are loving Resistance. I dont blame them, its an awesome game.

PS3_FTW
So you EB game cleark said sheep. Oh, and where do you live, im dieing to get the Wii, but there still sold out everywhere here!
PS3_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PS3_FTW
Damage control. TCHBO.leeee
damage controll for what? having an awesome console?
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
You realise sheep is a system wars only term. An EB employee would have no idea that it meant Nintendo Fanboy.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
I went into EB today to pick up Madden 07 on PSP, and I saw a load of boxes of Wiis on the shelves. I asked the store clerk about them and he said "The chistmas buzz for Wiis has really gone down, its getting hard to sell them. Of course, there is always the sheep that buy a few, but the general public appears to not care."PS3_FTW
leeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 leeee
Member since 2003 • 5182 Posts
[QUOTE="leeee"]Damage control. TCHBO.PS3_FTW
damage controll for what? having an awesome console?

rofl, denial and damage control.
PS3_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PS3_FTW
You realise sheep is a system wars only term. An EB employee would have no idea that it meant Nintendo Fanboy.cakeorrdeath
yeah, because EB employees can't possibly go on Gamespot
Dudealadude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dudealadude
Member since 2005 • 599 Posts
Wheres your EB? Might drive down and get myself a wii tommorow, because theres none here...
imothissucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 imothissucks
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts
I doubt the legitimacy of this thread...
Fick1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Fick1122
Member since 2006 • 2135 Posts
Haha, Resistance is the most selling game. Seriously, just accept the fact the PS3 isn't selling. Or at least make up a better story.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]You realise sheep is a system wars only term. An EB employee would have no idea that it meant Nintendo Fanboy.PS3_FTW

Sure this guy just happened to be an Gamespot forum member as well.:lol:
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
:lol:
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tman93
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]You realise sheep is a system wars only term. An EB employee would have no idea that it meant Nintendo Fanboy.PS3_FTW

Yea, but I dont think anyone on here will just randomly talk about sheep,cows,lemmings. Here try this, go up a random EB employee and say "hey, are you a cow?"
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hewkii

although they'd have to know that you go on GS...
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts

Why would the EB employee assume that a customer goes to Gamespot?
lone_wolf911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lone_wolf911
Member since 2005 • 6347 Posts
the only denial here are the sheep not accepting that maybe wario ware isnt selling where he is?
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts
last time i checked at EB games there was no PS3 ... i asked them about it and they replied.. Sony stopped making them.. seriously.. i can make up stories too
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hewkii
the only denial here are the sheep not accepting that maybe wario ware isnt selling where he is? lone_wolf911
where is wario ware mentioned?
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tman93
the only denial here are the sheep not accepting that maybe wario ware isnt selling where he is? lone_wolf911
He sayed the Wii isnt selling at all and theres piles of them, then saying the PS3 is flying off the shelfs.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cakeorrdeath
This thread is almost the same level as the Hitler/Einstein thread.
TheTrooper45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 TheTrooper45
Member since 2004 • 1682 Posts
http://youlose.ytmnd.com/
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 farnham

did you ask him.. Hey dude.. are you a member of gamespot.. me too man.. lets make that TSHBO talk right..?
PS3_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PS3_FTW
[QUOTE="lone_wolf911"]the only denial here are the sheep not accepting that maybe wario ware isnt selling where he is? Hewkii
where is wario ware mentioned?

i think that proves that you didnt read my post
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts

Ths thread was owned with massive damage. :lol:
mr_pops238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mr_pops238
Member since 2006 • 3980 Posts

PS3_FTW

LOL. I loled hard. I actually imagined an employee saying those words. I would laugh so hard in real life if anyone just stated dissing sheep.

I agree with everything you said.

elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
Pfft. Sales would state otherwise. Plus the fact that all us Australians have gotta wait til mid-february for a nunchuk.
Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ptolemaueus
Member since 2006 • 947 Posts

BEEP!  BEEP!

CODE RED!  WE HAVE DETECTED A FAKEBOY!

ALL UNITS REPORT TO SYSTEM WARS!

mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 mathew952
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

I went into The real world today to pick up Madden 07 on PSP, and I saw a load of boxes of 360 on the shelves. I asked the store clerk about them and he said "The first year honeymoon period is over, and now they have enough consoles proudced to keep stocked, but we will sell them. Of course, there is always a week that only about half are sold, but the general public appears to like them"

Also, apparently the best selling game at my local World was Call of Duty 3, and they are starting to do preorders for MGS4 (No buzz for this game" he said), and they have no pages of preorders already. Also, PS3's new AAA 'Spawn killing frag-fest' has not been selling well. "I guess people want propper games, I hope not all PS3 games are Dis-organized muliplayer frag fests" was what the store clerk told me.

So all this you hear from EB Games about how PS3 is not selling and Wii being amazing, dont believe it, trust me, the general public decide,  what happens in the gaming world, and they are making the right choice - go with quality games, ditch $600 resistance boxes. I know about this stuff, my friend works where they make Playstaion games, and he says that casual gamers are hating Resistance. I dont blame them, it's 700 dollars fro the console after cables and tax, 60 for the game, just for crappy PSN which has been playing catch-up with XBL since it came out.

weisguy119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 weisguy119
Member since 2006 • 3393 Posts

Nice dream you had there, Sony fanboi.

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
Yea I would trust a guy who has "ps3_FTW" as their username and who's bashing the wii and glorifying the ps3... 
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Brown52
Member since 2006 • 2639 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3_FTW"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]You realise sheep is a system wars only term. An EB employee would have no idea that it meant Nintendo Fanboy.cakeorrdeath

Sure this guy just happened to be an Gamespot forum member as well.:lol:

And knows that you are also a GS forum member that writes in system wars and know what the term sheep means.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Made up stories FTW!
blaze_slay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blaze_slay
Member since 2006 • 357 Posts
You really thought people wouldn't know you were lying?

Chessman2391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Chessman2391
Member since 2003 • 123 Posts
Also, Wii's new AAA 'game' has not been selling well. "I guess people want propper games, I hope not all Wii games are minigames fit for partys" was what the store clerk told me.PS3_FTW
I would imagine that the reason WW "isn't selling well" is because it's NOT OUT YET. Unless you live in Europe, of course. Do you?

DelayStation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DelayStation
Member since 2005 • 740 Posts
A good test for you all to try out is to head over to ebay.com and type in Playstation 3. Notice how many PS3s are selling on ebay? Not a lot of them are actually selling? Oh, okay, let's go over here. Type in Wii. Looks like.. hmm... hardly anyone is selling Wiis.. Does this mean that we can come to the conclusion that people only bought PS3s to sell on ebay, and a few retards shelled out the $2000 to buy them? It looks like all recorded 1.1million sales in 2006 of the Wii were mostly intended to buy the Wii for themselves, not to scalp on ebay.
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Brown52
Member since 2006 • 2639 Posts
I have a friend who has been trying to buy a DS.  Its sold out at our local target, bestbuy, toysrus, EBgames, gamestop, and frys.
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 farnham
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/14/woman-dies-trying-to-win-a-wii/ unrelated to the thread.. but... why would that woman just drown herself if she could go to your store and buy a bunch of those wiis..
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="PS3_FTW"]Also, Wii's new AAA 'game' has not been selling well. "I guess people want propper games, I hope not all Wii games are minigames fit for partys" was what the store clerk told me.Chessman2391
I would imagine that the reason WW "isn't selling well" is because it's NOT OUT YET. Unless you live in Europe, of course. Do you?

Lol another ownage log for the fire.
t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
The Wii must not be very popular where you are. Can't really say the same for here, I've been trying to help friends find one since before Christmas.
Kinitari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Kinitari
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts
This thread is almost the same level as the Hitler/Einstein thread.cakeorrdeath
omg I remember that! That was pretty funny.
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 farnham
[QUOTE="PS3_FTW"]Also, Wii's new AAA 'game' has not been selling well. "I guess people want propper games, I hope not all Wii games are minigames fit for partys" was what the store clerk told me.Chessman2391

OWNED

PS3 is not out in Europe and RFOM is not out in Europe

While Wario Ware Smooth Moves is not out in NA

http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=7vgUzwrkjswZ6wiUXTtZQB8ji6_uPB3v

Jan 15, 2007

PS3_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PS3_FTW
The Wii must not be very popular where you are. Can't really say the same for here, I've been trying to help friends find one since before Christmas.t2wave
dont bother, stop looking, I own one and it sucks, I am trying to sell it but no one will buy it
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Kinitari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Kinitari
I doubt the legitimacy of this. How could R:FoM be selling more than PS2 games? Or DS games for that matter? And Wii's will not be sitting on shelves, the retail store where I work has gotten something like 8 wii's since the week before christmas.... no, this story just has too many holes in it (lets ignore the store clerk sheep comment, and the not so great attempt at covering it up... should have just said he meant it in the metaphorical sense).

I applaud your desire to... make the PS3 seem more popular than it actually is but you know... stop.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

PS3_FTW

In all honesty, you must be lying right? This is the first time I have heard of the PS3's selling out and the Wii's not. It's been documented that Wii's are still hard to come by and PS3's are in abundance. I've seen it on websites, TV and have also asked in stores myself and I think you're lying. Actually I'm pretty sure you are because you want to combat the fact that the PS3 isn't selling.
Kinitari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Kinitari
[QUOTE="t2wave"]The Wii must not be very popular where you are. Can't really say the same for here, I've been trying to help friends find one since before Christmas.PS3_FTW
dont bother, stop looking, I own one and it sucks, I am trying to sell it but no one will buy it

... Okay, go on eBay right now and put that up, you can prolly hit 500 bucks for it.
DelayStation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DelayStation
Member since 2005 • 740 Posts
[QUOTE="t2wave"]The Wii must not be very popular where you are. Can't really say the same for here, I've been trying to help friends find one since before Christmas.PS3_FTW

I doubt you'd have a hard time selling it on ebay. Try selling your PS3, though. Good luck with that.