Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#52 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

I’m not interested in this game. Didn’t like Bayonetta. Didnt like Nier Automata. Platinum Games is just not my thing.

Thats fine, stay away from giving a review.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@Coolyfett: why I would I possibly waste my time on giving a review? Why even waste my time and your time by making me read your comment? Nothing better to do? No life? You’re stupid little buddy

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

I love the dev's response to all the PS4 port-begging. Some people just don't understand the reasons why this game is only on Switch.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 jaydan  Online
Member since 2015 • 8480 Posts
@lebanese_boy said:

I love the dev's response to all the PS4 port-begging. Some people just don't understand the reasons why this game is only on Switch.

So it's the cows that are port-begging for Astral Chain and review-bombing since they know they can't have it?

Damn, I thought cows were all about exclusives. I guess it's been a rough year when the only major exclusive release for the PS4 is not even out yet (Death Stranding).

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@jaydan said:
@lebanese_boy said:

So it's the cows that are port-begging for Astral Chain and review-bombing since they know they can't have it?

Damn, I thought cows were all about exclusives. I guess it's been a rough year when the only major exclusive release for the PS4 is not even out yet (Death Stranding).

I thought port begging was a PC only thing? Cows are learning from the "Master Race".

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jaydan  Online
Member since 2015 • 8480 Posts
@Gamerno6666 said:
@jaydan said:
@lebanese_boy said:

I thought port begging was a PC only thing? Cows are learning from the "Master Race".

Cows are generally hypocrites when it comes down to it. They'll boast the importance of exclusives yet trash the exclusives they want that appear on another platform.

I think if not having the game really upsets people that much, they should just buy it and enjoy it.

I've been playing it and having a blast. I'm a big fan of Platinum Games as is, but Astral Chain really is quite something. To say the least it was my most hyped game this year and it's a lot more than I was expecting. I hope everyone gets a chance to play it. If anything Astral Chain will without any doubt be one of the big gems on the Switch.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#58 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41595 Posts
@jaydan said:
@lebanese_boy said:

What do you expect from the fandom that's been spoiled by having third party exclusives in the PS1 and PS2 gens?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 nintendoboy16
@mazuiface said:

This happens to every exclusive game

No it doesn't. Spider-Man PS4 didn't get this. Smash Ultimate didn't. Shockingly, even Bayonetta 2 avoided this.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1615 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@mazuiface said:

No it doesn't. Spider-Man PS4 didn't get this. Smash Ultimate didn't. Shockingly, even Bayonetta 2 avoided this.

Look closer - there are always fanboys giving exclusive games a 1 on the console they don't have and 10 for exclusives on theirs (not discounting every 10, some fans really enjoy the games)

Back in the day, Halo 2 and 3 got bombed, MGS2 - 4 got bombed - and more recently, I remember that surge of 1 ratings for Nioh when it first released on PS4 and that game was timed.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45585 Posts

Looks like they just cleaned it up

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 nintendoboy16
@mazuiface said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@mazuiface said:

Look closer - there are always fanboys giving exclusive games a 1 on the console they don't have and 10 for exclusives on theirs (not discounting every 10, some fans really enjoy the games)

Back in the day, Halo 2 and 3 got bombed, MGS2 - 4 got bombed - and more recently, I remember that surge of 1 ratings for Nioh when it first released on PS4 and that game was timed.

"Look closer" What is there a secret code only conspiracy theorist can "figure out"?

Avatar image for TheMisterManGuy
TheMisterManGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TheMisterManGuy
Member since 2011 • 264 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Exactly, the entire experience is intrinsically downgraded by being limited to a Nintendo platform as well as more expensive.

The "vision" afforded by Nintendo is limited compared to what other platforms offer, where limits and constrictions are comparatively non-existent.

Had they abandoned this product, seeking crowdfunding, which they would undoubtedly get, aside from respectable sales, a liberating creative freedom, more people could play an objectively superior product, at a better price.

As it stands, we have another self-hobbled game, with weak sales, on a weak platform.

Talent completely wasted.

Aside from arguably hardware limitations, what exactly did Nintendo do to limit Platinum with Astral Chain? The Most Nintendo did was change the game's scenario from generic fantasy, to a more original Police motif.

100% creative freedom sounds good in Marketing. But it's unfeasible in practice. More often than not, you need limitations to be creative. I'm all for letting the developers do what they want, but there has to be some kind of framework enforced to ensure they're doing a good job.

And what makes you think they wouldn't have limitations on PS4 or Xbox One? Stronger hardware or no, I doubt the game would be all that different as Nintendo is the big reason it exists in the first place. Also, LOL at weak sales since it debuted at No. 1 on the UK charts.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9571 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@mazuiface said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@mazuiface said:

"Look closer" What is there a secret code only conspiracy theorist can "figure out"?

I think he meant "actually look at other games reviews." You made a thread about something that is such a common occurrence that it is actually a non-topic.