Assassin's Creed 3 coming on two discs on X360!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Khoo1992"]

Heard it is patched along with trophies...

Bigboi500

still comes down to long ass install or quick and painless diskswap...unless your obese and need a forklift to get out of bed.

You can't be serious... what's funny is 99% of you guys complaining about mandatory installs will voluntarily install the game on the 360 anyways. :roll:

But I don't install.. So point is moot.
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

The horror :o

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#53 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

It takes all of 10 seconds to swap a disc. It takes hours for mandatory installs to play PS3 games. Cows are just showing how desperate they are for anything to claim ownage over in a year where PS3 has zero quality exclusives.JohnnyCageMK

You're a liar. Unless your couch/chair is only a couple feet away from the console, it would take atleast twice as long to switch the disc. Lets see in order to switch a disc you have to:

1. Lean forward

2. Get out of chair

3. Grab game case

4. Remove game from case

5. Remove disc one from console

6. Insert disc two into console

Now do you honestly think you can perform all six steps in the span of only 10 seconds? I think not. Realistically it would take 25-30 seconds at the LEAST, so you stop being a little fibber mr. man. Now on the other hand, I cannot remember the last time I had to do a mandatory install to play a game on PS3. It's very rare now a days.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

still comes down to long ass install or quick and painless diskswap...unless your obese and need a forklift to get out of bed.

ArisShadows

You can't be serious... what's funny is 99% of you guys complaining about mandatory installs will voluntarily install the game on the 360 anyways. :roll:

I can understand that if you have a small HDD, but otherwise it's stupid not to. Without installing, the 360 is as loud as a hellicopter hovering over your house, and it wears out the system faster and loading times are longer.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
First world problems. Get off your butt and switch a disk.
pcgeekmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 pcgeekmaniac
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts

We need switch discs upon traveling to some area or for the next sequence..........???????

Well it surely means some loading time.......:o

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
[QUOTE="pcgeekmaniac"]

We need switch discs upon traveling to some area or for the next sequence..........???????

Well it surely means some loading time.......:o

dont forget about changing discs during RROD
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]You can't be serious... what's funny is 99% of you guys complaining about mandatory installs will voluntarily install the game on the 360 anyways. :roll:

Bigboi500

I can understand that if you have a small HDD, but otherwise it's stupid not to. Without installing, the 360 is as loud as a hellicopter hovering over your house, and it wears out the system faster and loading times are longer.

I don't have a small HDD, either. The sound of the 360 I honestly don't noticed on my end. I don't find the need to install, everything loads fine, it does not mean I don't do it on some games, like SR3, just because I play it alot. But honestly its an option, that I am fine not doing for the most part. Its optional, unlike the initial install of alot of PS3 games. Does that bug me? Not so much, but neither does disc swapping. People in general blow both out of proportion. With sone PC games, I have to isntall and disc swoop, but oh well.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]You can't be serious... what's funny is 99% of you guys complaining about mandatory installs will voluntarily install the game on the 360 anyways. :roll:

Bigboi500

wouldnt say my slim is loud to be brutally honest.

I have a 250gb hdd i'd rather fill with saves and arcade games.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
sounds to me like it will be like RE6, you only need the 2nd disck if you Don't understand english.
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 PinnacleGamingP
sounds to me like it will be like RE6, you only need the 2nd disck if you Don't understand english.delta3074
DC DC keep spinning it dj
Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts

Hopefully disk 1 is SP and disk 2 is MP.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 delta3074
[QUOTE="delta3074"]sounds to me like it will be like RE6, you only need the 2nd disck if you Don't understand english.PinnacleGamingP

i am not dmage controlling did you read the article noob.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Lem's should consider themselves lucky this is only Assassin's Creed and not a good game that actually matters
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="delta3074"]sounds to me like it will be like RE6, you only need the 2nd disck if you Don't understand english.delta3074

:lol:
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Mcspanky37"]

it sounds like it, the article does say, you wont need to swap at a certain point. "Don't worry, there's not going to be like, disc-swapping if you get to the end of chapter 3 and having to swap over - that's not going to happen. We've separated it," added animation director Jonathan Cooper. Pressed on whether Assassin's Creed 3 simply comprises a one-time disc-swap half-way through the game, Cooper added: "No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth."

:lol: but you still had to read the article due to 2 discs
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts
hmm, he assures us disc swapping won't be an issue, maybe the 2nd disc might act as an optional game install where everything can be played from the 1st disc (like game installs from GOTY editions that install DLC expansions from a disc), or maybe maybe by installing both disc 1 and 2 you can access both installs from just disc 1 (I'd love if someone got around to doing this... anyhow, it'll be interesting to see what their solution is, still getting it for Xbox 360 regardless
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 delta3074
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] DC DC keep spinning it djPinnacleGamingP

'Pressed on whether Assassin's Creed 3 simply comprises a one-time disc-swap half-way through the game, Cooper added: "No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth." So if you don't even change the disk once half way through the game then what is the second disc used for genius
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Mcspanky37"]

PinnacleGamingP

it sounds like it, the article does say, you wont need to swap at a certain point. "Don't worry, there's not going to be like, disc-swapping if you get to the end of chapter 3 and having to swap over - that's not going to happen. We've separated it," added animation director Jonathan Cooper. Pressed on whether Assassin's Creed 3 simply comprises a one-time disc-swap half-way through the game, Cooper added: "No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth."

and you still have the brain capacity of a mentally retarded seal because this is a minor issue your trying to make a big one.

PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="delta3074"]i am not dmage controlling did you read the article noob.delta3074

'Pressed on whether Assassin's Creed 3 simply comprises a one-time disc-swap half-way through the game, Cooper added: "No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth." So if you don't even change the disk once half way through the game then what is the second disc used for genius

the second disc is used to show ps3>360
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] it sounds like it, the article does say, you wont need to swap at a certain point. "Don't worry, there's not going to be like, disc-swapping if you get to the end of chapter 3 and having to swap over - that's not going to happen. We've separated it," added animation director Jonathan Cooper. Pressed on whether Assassin's Creed 3 simply comprises a one-time disc-swap half-way through the game, Cooper added: "No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth."sts106mat

no i didn't have to read the article, i chose to.

no, I didnt have to read it, you did. therefore you did.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] :lol:PinnacleGamingP

the second disc is used to show ps3>360

PS3 will have a mandatory install, so basically your arguement has been cancelled out.

Historically AC's needed an install, this wont be any different.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 delta3074

[QUOTE="Mcspanky37"]

sts106mat

it sounds like it, the article does say you wont need to swap at a certain point.

"Don't worry, there's not going to be like, disc-swapping if you get to the end of chapter 3 and having to swap over - that's not going to happen. We've separated it," added animation director Jonathan Cooper.

Pressed on whether Assassin's Creed 3 simply comprises a one-time disc-swap half-way through the game, Cooper added: "No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth."

i reckon its the same thing as RE6, the second disc is voice-overs for german, spanish,italian and french you have to install it if you want the game in another language apart from english, you don't have to install it if you understand english
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] it sounds like it, the article does say you wont need to swap at a certain point.

"Don't worry, there's not going to be like, disc-swapping if you get to the end of chapter 3 and having to swap over - that's not going to happen. We've separated it," added animation director Jonathan Cooper.

Pressed on whether Assassin's Creed 3 simply comprises a one-time disc-swap half-way through the game, Cooper added: "No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth."

i reckon its the same thing as RE6, the second disc is voice-overs for german, spanish,italian and french you have to install it if you want the game in another language apart from english, you don't have to install it if you understand english

seems a weird thing if so, if it is MP/SP split, why wouldn't they just say that? you might be right, whatever it is not an issue for me.

want to seamlessly jump into mp? insert disc 2
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 delta3074
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] it sounds like it, the article does say you wont need to swap at a certain point.

sts106mat

seems a weird thing if so, if it is MP/SP split, why wouldn't they just say that? you might be right, whatever it is not an issue for me.

fortunately for us we both understand english, i feel bad for anybody that doesn't, especially if they only have a 4GB 360, the voice over data for Resi evil 6 is a big 2.8GB.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 delta3074
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="delta3074"]i reckon its the same thing as RE6, the second disc is voice-overs for german, spanish,italian and french you have to install it if you want the game in another language apart from english, you don't have to install it if you understand englishPinnacleGamingP

your rebuttals are becoming weaker and weaker, that was really Flat, is that really the best you can do?
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="delta3074"]i reckon its the same thing as RE6, the second disc is voice-overs for german, spanish,italian and french you have to install it if you want the game in another language apart from english, you don't have to install it if you understand englishPinnacleGamingP

oh wow is this such an issue for you?

lazycvnt.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 delta3074
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="sts106mat"]seems a weird thing if so, if it is MP/SP split, why wouldn't they just say that? you might be right, whatever it is not an issue for me. sts106mat
fortunately for us we both understand english, i feel bad for anybody that doesn't, especially if they only have a 4GB 360, the voice over data for Resi evil 5 is a big 2.8GB.

i feel bad for anyone who bought resi 6.

i am really enjoying it,lol
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="sts106mat"]seems a weird thing if so, if it is MP/SP split, why wouldn't they just say that? you might be right, whatever it is not an issue for me. sts106mat
fortunately for us we both understand english, i feel bad for anybody that doesn't, especially if they only have a 4GB 360, the voice over data for Resi evil 5 is a big 2.8GB.

i feel bad for anyone who bought resi 360.

fixed. *click click*
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="delta3074"]fortunately for us we both understand english, i feel bad for anybody that doesn't, especially if they only have a 4GB 360, the voice over data for Resi evil 5 is a big 2.8GB.PinnacleGamingP

fixed. *click click*

care to enlighten us, afaik its coming out top on the 360 like most MT Framework games.

Yet again you fail to provide any decent discussion,proof or any relevance as usual.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 delta3074
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] i feel bad for anyone who bought resi 6.

i am really enjoying it,lol

my "no buy capcom games" rule still applies, but to be honest, i hated resi 5 (loved 4). i am glad you are enjoying it though.

it's not as good as 4, although 4 would be awesome with resi 6 shooting and Melee combat system, Kevin V had some good points but he overexaggerated on a lot of things.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 delta3074
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="delta3074"]fortunately for us we both understand english, i feel bad for anybody that doesn't, especially if they only have a 4GB 360, the voice over data for Resi evil 5 is a big 2.8GB.PinnacleGamingP

fixed. *click click*

you need to go back to bed, you are clearly not firing on all cylinders today,lol
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#90 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Getting out of hand? That's what, about the 6th game in 3 years?
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
Nothing wrong with two discs.....
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Link.

I've argued with Lems saying the reason that DVD was a big mistake from Microsoft and they refused. Now look at this! :lol:

It's getting out of hand now.

GamerwillzPS
Yeah multiple discs are still better then 5GB installs, slower load times, and 20 minute updates on PS :)
MSXBOX4EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 MSXBOX4EVER
Member since 2012 • 604 Posts

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] no i didn't have to read the article, i chose to. sts106mat
no, I didnt have to read it, you did. therefore you did.

no straws left? you are falling dude

I didn't have to read it, you did. therefore you did.

One of the funniest things ever.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#94 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Link.

I've argued with Lems saying the reason that DVD was a big mistake from Microsoft and they refused. Now look at this! :lol:

It's getting out of hand now.

GamerwillzPS

And guess which version will have the edge on graphics and performance? :P

I give you that, though. 7 years have passed, DVD is outdated. Just like 2x slow Bluray drives.

Lyncaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Lyncaster
Member since 2011 • 228 Posts
I think this shows how behind/old consoles are getting this generation more than anything else.
Avatar image for xCocoTheMonkeyx
xCocoTheMonkeyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 xCocoTheMonkeyx
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts

OMG REALLY TWO DISCS THE WHOLE WORLDS GOING TO COLLAPSE WHAT WILL WE EVER DO?

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#97 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

I swap disc's out of my console's all the time what's the big deal

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
oh no. I hate the 360 more now.
Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts
I don't give 2 shiits if it was 45 discs, never buying a game for the failstation 3 ever again. There's only one use for my failstation 3, urinal cake.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

Wow this is terrible news.

Why would they do this? Why didn't Microsoft implement Blu-Ray? Did they even think of all the obese gamers who can't actually get up and put another disc in half way? So selfish. SDC etc....

In all seriousness, yeah I'd rather not have 2 discs, but it's nothing some to lose sleep over.

OB-47

How many games have multiple disks vs games which don't?