Are you still stick of Assasins Creed?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Poll Are you still stick of Assasins Creed? (60 votes)

Yes 67%
Origins reinvigorated the series and stuff 33%

Assassins Cred has became heavily criticized for bombarding players with sequel after sequel with diminishing returns. Quality suffering to bleed it for all it's worth, a pale full of red, bubbly liquid overhung by a limp carcass, it's occasional spasm merely an imitation of life.

This new one had a delay, promising much. It copied Zelda, possibly the most greatest series outside of Halflife, Quake, Doom and Metro.

It moved the setting as well, to ancient Egypt in the hope of a fresh coat of paint acting as a champagne bottle christening a ship before it's first voyage.

No Caption Provided

Is the series back with a bang? Or just another derivative, forgettable cash-cow existing for the sake of existing?

• 
360mli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 360mli
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts

I thought AC:3 was aWeSoMe

revolutionary war n shit

I just beat it the other day

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I've never played any before Black Flag. Between that and Unity, they were quite different and I really enjoyed both where Syndicate felt like a rehash of Unity in a later time period so no, not tired of it and I love ancient Egyptian stuff so I'm in for Origins.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I haven't played the series after the 2nd game, i own Black Flag but haven't really started it, and i bought Origins so i will get back into it.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Origins might be making it worse

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

I am indeed stick of Assassin's Creed

The best stick.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Stick?

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#8 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

RIP Uninspiredcups forum MORALE

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23727 Posts

Death'd

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

Yes i purchase yesterday origin on my ps4 pro

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Im excited to play this one. Egypt is a great setting and it seems like they nailed the open world.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#12 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@lukeasaurusrex said:

Anyone who's played Origins already, how is it?

Looks to be a great game, with seeming plenty to do. I'm only a few missions in. It might not be the best-looking game, but the gameplay is pretty solid.

This is the first game in the series Ive played though, so I can understand why those that started back with the first games are feeling series burnout

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

Honestly, I've enjoyed most of them... it is a lot of the same old same old but I keep enjoying each game and have yet to get burnt out. Oddly, Black Flag (the one everyone seems to think is the exception) was my least favorite.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@lukeasaurusrex said:

A little over 14 hours in, it's the best in the series or at the very least as good as AC2/ACBF. I can tell you if anyone says it's just the same shit as the previous AC games they're full of shit. They completely re did the combat in Origins and made it more like TW3, which I love it even more.

This video pretty much sums it up

Loading Video...

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Lost interest after Black Flag.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

After Assassins Creed 2 ( played AC3 also ) i never felt to buy an AC game again, same with COD after modern warfare 2.

Its not into milking

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

It's a game made for normies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Gaming-Planet said:

So you're all over it then.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

I'm just sick of Ubisoft open world games in general.

After finishing Far Cry 4, after finishing the umpteenth AC game, after playing Far Cry Primal, after playing Watch Dogs... They are started to play & feel really samey.

I feel that, if you play one Ubisoft open world game, you've played them all.

AC: Origins looks sweet, I should be all over its Egypt setting as I love ancient civilisations... I just can't get myself to buy the game.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9899 Posts

Playing Origins now and I think it's awesome. The gameworld is something else. If it was just the world + climbing + photomode I would pay $60 for that :). Hands down the best open world ever created imo. Variety, beauty, it's a piece of art.

Combat has been improved and now it feels like you are actually playing and not just clicking buttons and watch canned animations. Some of the weapons are pretty awesome, great variety here also. It's a bit janky from my experience, but hey it's AC you can't have it all.

Side content is much, much improved. There are now proper sidequests. They have handcrafted locations, props and real dialogue. Some of them are multistage. I think they are just as good, if not better than the Witcher 3. There are some lower qualtiy stuff like "loot three chests in this location". But those locations are typically amazing, so I don't mind so much.

Detection in stealth is still busted, which sucks. But the rest is so awesome that even when this key feature isn't up to par, the overall package is still a homerun imo.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56406 Posts

I haven't started playing Origin yet but as for the series, I don't have time to hate the series but I did took a hiatus after Black Flag, I just had lots of other game series to do so I pretty much never bother what came after Black Flag. I love open world games and Ubisoft's open worlds to me are always fun so hey, I'm back into AC franchise.

I don't hate AC series.

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

Origins is making assassin creed great again love it on my ps4 pro.

I voted stick. does stick means Im glued and cant stop playing? my english is not perfect.

Origins is as good as ezio games were and thats amazing finally a good assassin creed game

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@Ballroompirate: The combat is more like Witcher 3 and that’s a good thing? Holy shit lol.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#24  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Not a fan of AC mechanics, but from the vids i have seen the world of Origins is amazing, i have to give Ubi that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#25 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Yup. I stopped at Unity and probably wont get back to it ever again. Not because I dint like Unity (I actually did like it a good amount) but the AC formula has already worn out for me as much as they try to "change it". They claimed Origins would be a complete overhaul for the series but from what I've seen is just YET another AC game with more RPG elements and loot system thrown into it... AC is dead to me. Ubisoft fvcked it up by making it a yearly series. Its gameplay is too poor to justify a yearly release...

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#26  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

So it's not for me but I'm a bit jaded with this series. Maybe if I could stop dreaming/thinking of them being a cool open world Thief series I could appreciate what's there.

I think the combat still looks pretty bad, and I would have a hard time going back to chasing a thousand icons on a map after BotW.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I enjoyed all the AC games I played up to Black Flag which was also good and probably my favorite but it was enough for me to be fed up of the AC series and I havent played an AC game since.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Wait there is a new AC out?

Oh boy are we already at that time of the year. But after Unity and Syndicate i gave up on Ubicrap and their spiral to become worse than EA.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

I think its up to the gamer to not buy every game and burn themself out. I have never played any soooooo

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I'm not sick of the AC series because I never played any of them. Not my interest. The only Ubisoft games I have are either the Far Cry games or flight sims. I'm not tired of either one yet although I skipped Primal because it's not a true FC game. ;)

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

I played 1 and 2, then black flag because it was a free game. I won't bother with any others unless they come to PS+.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56406 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@Ballroompirate: The combat is more like Witcher 3 and that’s a good thing? Holy shit lol.

Which is good because I love the Witcher 3's combat system. Get Gud gamer.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#33 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I thankfully never allowed myself to become sick of AC. I played the first, 2, 3. I have Brotherhood and Black Flag and never fired them up. I look forward to ACO as I do other games but I wont be buying any until after I get my BEAST X1X.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I have skipped most so i'm not sick of it, i just don't care.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25061 Posts

I only liked black flag. 3 was ok

Rest are crap so i was already sicked of it before.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts

I just re-downloaded Unity and Syndicate since ive had them in my library forever and never played them. Will play them first and then Origins.

Im not tired of AC because i havent played many of them for long.

I think i spent the most with AC2 on 360, never finished that one either.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

i was already sick of the series by the time revelation was released

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@davillain-: Combat in that game sucks lol.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@svaubel said:
@lukeasaurusrex said:

Looks to be a great game, with seeming plenty to do. I'm only a few missions in. It might not be the best-looking game, but the gameplay is pretty solid.

This is the first game in the series Ive played though, so I can understand why those that started back with the first games are feeling series burnout

Does it not look as good as pics and video indicate? I was thinking based on those that it was one of the most detailed and best looking games outside of maybe Battlefront 2. How does the graphics compare with Unity?

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Think people are trying to be like me. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#41 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

AC was shit, and always will be.

Could be better if it wasn't made by Ubi.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Here's the thing I like assassin's creed, but with each game about after assassin's creed 3 with the exception of Unity the stealth game play has slide far and away into the blackhole to make way for "better exciting combat" and "(Insert new gimmick) gameplay". I've stopped buying the series. The series has moved away from what the series should be about and moved more toward action adventure and cinematic. Which wouldn't be a problem but expect good stealth play from a series about assassins. But oh well. Also that's not to say that AC 1 or even AC 2 or AC 3 had amazing stealth play but at least it was decent and fun.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58504 Posts

@lukeasaurusrex said:

terrible, It's the Mass Effect: Andromeda of the franchise.

It's not so much that it is inherently bad, they just screwed up so much stuff you're playing it and like "WTF is this, this isn't Assassin's Creed!"

Combat is a joke, it might actually be harder than a Gothic/Risen game; but where Gothic and Risen were actually challenging in their difficulty, Origins is just frustrating. First off, they force you lock targets. Second, enemies strike quicker than your character's animations to dodge/block them, so even perfectly timed defensive moves result in damage.

They've added skills to the game. Why? Who the hell knows. Maybe because it gives the illusion of choice to the player, but really all it does is ruin immersion; I mean here I am, this badass Egyption warrior but, ooop, I've got no skills! Herp derp. I mean I am cool if they want to unlock things as I progress, but to just give you this big skill sheet like they're doing you a favor is lame. I'm not playing an RPG, I Don't get to choose my replies in dialogue...I don't need to choose my skills. What a gimmick, tired of seeing this in games.

The assassin blade seems broken, half the time I use it on an unaware enemy it doesn't even kill them outright; god dammit, I am an assassin, if I spend the time and effort sneaking into a fort to kill one target, the wrist blade better damn well kill them when I assassinate them.

Enemy levels are screwed up, so they are significantly more powerful than you despite being the same level.

And those are just minor things. The big issue I have is that the game is just not fun to play; whereas in previous AC games you are this quick warrior, and the controls in those games were responsive, and parkour (while never perfect, it did have it's frustrations) was simple and intuitive. In this game I find myself getting stuck on walls a lot, dropping when I don't want to, running into a climbable wall and not climbing it, and more.

Oh and don't get me started on the modern-era part, they totally screwed the pooch with the plot on that one. Ubisoft, I know it's a video game and won't win any pullitzers or oscars, but some of us actually enjoy the story a bit.

The game is just rough around the edges in the worst ways possible.

Now, personally, I enjoyed AC 3 but I agree with others that it is the weakest installment in the franchise. That is, until Origins; this game is the worst.

@360ru13r said:

Here's the thing I like assassin's creed, but with each game about after assassin's creed 3 with the exception of Unity the stealth game play has slide far and away into the blackhole to make way for "better exciting combat" and "(Insert new gimmick) gameplay". I've stopped buying the series. The series has moved away from what the series should be about and moved more toward action adventure and cinematic. Which wouldn't be a problem but expect good stealth play from a series about assassins. But oh well. Also that's not to say that AC 1 or even AC 2 or AC 3 had amazing stealth play but at least it was decent and fun.

Exactly. Stealth has died in AC Origins. Congratulations, Ubisoft, you made a stealth-action game into just an action game.

I was impressed with the Egyptian setting for my first few hours, but now...now it's a crap game, I see it for what it is.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

I think I was sick of Assassins Creed after watching my friend play a little bit of the first one back when it came out.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

The RPG elements in Origins make it much less like a regular AC game, which means there is a good chance I will actually like this one. I'll pick it up sometime later when they've sorted the bugs out.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Yeah, I'm stepping all over it.

Khazrak134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#48 Khazrak134
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

Once the Desmond story was complete, i felt like i had my fill of the series. I played and Liked BF cuz it felt like a solid Spin-off from the Desmond Story. But i never really got in to Unity of Syndicate. Just never felt the need to play them, i never felt like i was missing out on anything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Gaming-Planet said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Yeah, I'm stepping all over it.

After you've finished it, gotcha.

xBlackErrthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 xBlackErrthing
Member since 2017 • 97 Posts

AC has always been hit and miss for me. I never played the original, I love the second one dearly, didn't care for brotherhood, took a break from the series till BF came out, loved that one, hated all the ones after. I haven't played Origins, but once my friend gets bored with his copy I'll borrow it.