Are you getting a PS4 just to smite the Xbox One?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26104 Posts

I mean really, what's so great about the PS4 library?

You got a no-name racing game that looks generic as heck (as well as being unimpressive graphically), an FPS from a 3rd rate Sony brand with well-known deficiencies in gameplay, a "platformer" that seems to be more of a dumb corridor brawler with a bland art style and gameplay that would make the super-linear PS1 Crash Bandicoot games seem exciting, and a whole bunch of last gen up-ports.

I mean, sure, the Xbox One isn't any better; but why would you get a PS4 on launch day? All the good stuff (FF15, KH3, the other real next-gen 3rd party titles) isn't going to be out for a while.

Despite this, people are HYPED for the PS4, and it got stronger just as the Xbox One started to seem like the worst thing Microsoft has made since the Microsoft Kin. Does every bad news from the Xbone make you want to get a PS4? The bad price, the Kinect, the controller, the games, all that make you want to get the PS4 more?

Why not just NOT spend it on the Xbox? You can get more by just buying the games for current gen systems, and then upgrading to the PS4 later. And heck, maybe the Xbox One isn't so bad as it seems.

Seems kinda silly. Sonic Lost World isn't even coming out on the PS4, so what's the point!?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'm getting a PS4 because I like Japanese niche games. I'm not getting a Xbox One because I don't care for Microsoft exclusives.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Ok let's rationalize this. What's so great about the PS4? What's so great about the Xbox One? You can't justify Xbox One over PS4 without sounding unknowledgeable. It is what it is.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

Yes

Because I'm that petty and want to give my money to somebody else so I can wag it in a multinational corporation's figurative face

They gonna be so mad

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

I'm getting a PS4 because I want to give Nintendo the middle finger to its so called "Year of the Luigi" campaign! That will show them! Seriously, if people get a console to smite another corporation like what is wrong with you?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

The X1 has nothing to do with my PS4 purchase.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

OK, you got me. That's my sole reason for buying the PS4 is to smite the Xbox One. I know that my one single purchase of a rival console will completely destroy the Xbox One, maybe even wipe it from existence.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Yes. Are you happy now?

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

Surprised a horrible thread like this is coming from you Willy... You should be better than this. But to answer your question, I'm getting a PS4 because Sony always deliver for me. Btw, DriveClub looks miles better than Forza 5. Killzone SF 3rd rate? Didn't Killzone 2 and 3 get AAA and AA here?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

Getting PS4 because Sony always comes through with games and they didn't add a worthless Kinect to the console to raise the price.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NineTailedGoku

@I_can_haz: Happy to see you back.

ManInFlames-77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 ManInFlames-77
Member since 2013 • 300 Posts

Wii U Fanboys have no right to criticize another consoles's library, lol. PS4's library is already shaping up quite nice and will easily be the best of the next gen consoles.

DanteVincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DanteVincent
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

LOL you jumped to a pretty emotional conclusion willy.

Third Rate, don't know what you're saying, Killzone's gotten a 9 and a 8,5 and same goes for metacritic.Def top tier games whether you like them or not.

No name game, dunno, motorstorm was a one of a kind game last gen, pure fun online, and their latest game isn't looking anything worse than forza.

Knack, looks good to me, won't buy till i read some reviews first since it's not every platformer i like.

Then you have multiplats, which i'd rather play in my ps4 than in my ps3, 360 or in a hypothetical x1.

Also what IS the point of bringing up a nintendo exclusive game?Let your bias go willy.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

its the better deal for me.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Nope. I'm getting it just to play the next installment of my favorite fighting game King Of Fighters and to play the next installment of Virtua Fighter. Once those release, I will get a PS4.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

To smite it?

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

The X1 has everything to do with my PS4 purchase.

My life revolves around the success or failure of a piece of plastic.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Neither will be with mine.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@NineTailedGoku: Thanks bro. I've been very busy so I had to take a long break from SW. Glad to be back now. This place looks so different now lol.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Spite is the word you wanted. Also, of course not. That would be stupid as hell.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

No. I just love games and I see more value in a PS4.

Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dog
Member since 2013 • 37 Posts

"Smite the Xbox One"? No, I'm not a child (like @dreamdude who indicated his immaturity hereinabove).

The only reason I'm buying a PS4 is because I have 102 Platinum trophies and a deep history with Sony. Nothing against Microsoft at all. The Xbox One is a great console which has far more features and exclusives relevant to my interests, but for the reasons I mentioned, in addition to the PS4's price, Playstation will be my choice-console. All of that reinforced by the fact that I have many close friends on Playstation.

This said, I intend to purchase an Xbox One whenever it inevitably falls in price or whenever it is re-engineered (ie. into a slim version). I've already spent a solid two hours with the console; my first impressions are highly positive. Both consoles, in my appeal, are similar in appeal. Neither one is better than the other.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#25 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3647 Posts

No, not to smite the Xbox One.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#26 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

lol, is this a joke thread?

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

Are you seriously asking this question after PS3 just got another AAAE and the other consoles have been dead in the water for quite some time now?

Exactly what the hell line up are you talking about? It is the launch of new frecking consoles, That is not damn "line-up" it's just the first set of games to start off a whole generation for years to come and likely forgotten (unless they are the only note worthy games to ever release for the console ala xbox 360). You would have to be pretty stupid to buy an entire console for hundreds of dollars SOLELY based off the first couple of games it has when it releases.

Do you think people just forget the history of previous consoles before them and how they were supported, the actions and policies of the companies who put them out?

How about the fact that xbox 360 has not had single game score AAAE on xbox360 except for Halo, Forza, and Gears since 2006. And maybe the fact the people are confident that Sony will support their system throughout the generation with high quality diversified content all the way til a new generation and beyond like they have for all their past systems?

Also just to hit on the point of lineups, Xbox1 line up isn't as good as PS4s. PS4 has more games announced and more games to choose from from what has been revealed...but maybe you didn't know that either.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

I just hope the PS4 has more appealing games to me this time around. I'd say I didn't enjoy over half of the exclusives I played.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@asylumni said:

OK, you got me. That's my sole reason for buying the PS4 is to smite the Xbox One. I know that my one single purchase of a rival console will completely destroy the Xbox One, maybe even wipe it from existence.

I think you're lost. Fantasy Land is 10 miles north, 2 miles west and down the large hole in the first big tree you see. lol!!

Right now the only reason to get either system is if you are interested in the launch titles or the few titles that will get released 1-3 weeks after the launch. Otherwise, you might as well just wait 6-12 months before buying one. I'm getting both systems because of the games. No need to smite either company as each of them will end up having to deal with problems within the first 2 years. There are always issues after a launch. Happened with the PS3 and XBox 360 and it will happen with these systems as well. Just wait and see.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 casharmy

also let's look at the AAE and AAAE released for the past gen systems just this year.

PS3 (6)Wii (0)xbox 360 (0)
Ni no Kuni
Puppeteer
The Last of US
God of War Ascension
Beyond: Two Souls

All this with Ratchet and Clank Nexus and GT 6 still yet to even be released...

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#31 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Who would spend $400 to smite another console?

novak2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 novak2k6
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts

Buying both at launch.. I'm not a biased 41 year old gamer who was brought up with Pong, Atari 2600 and TRS-80. And if kids start complaining about how garbage today's graphics are I'll b-slap em.

For the reasons Casharmy stated.. both have their good exclusives. And for xbox I am looking forward to Dead Rising 3.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By casharmy

@kingoflife9 said:

isnt it "spite". wtf is smite lol.

this

lol

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

The games will keep on coming for the ps4,

xbox will die off and will rehash only the successful franchises (which will probably stay as borza, halo and fable with gears on the side depending if epic is interested)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

I'm getting a PS4 because I'm a PS fan and XB1 doesn't really appeal to me. Not yet anyway.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Why bother, even my laptop already smites the Xbone. Next thing I buy will be an R9 290X for my desktop. I’ll buy one or both of the consoles in a year or two if either of them gets some exclusives I actually want. At the moment the Wii U is the strongest console for me based on exclusives I can’t play on PC.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@blackace said:

@asylumni said:

I think you're lost. Fantasy Land is 10 miles north, 2 miles west and down the large hole in the first big tree you see. lol!!

Right now the only reason to get either system is if you are interested in the launch titles or the few titles that will get released 1-3 weeks after the launch. Otherwise, you might as well just wait 6-12 months before buying one. I'm getting both systems because of the games. No need to smite either company as each of them will end up having to deal with problems within the first 2 years. There are always issues after a launch. Happened with the PS3 and XBox 360 and it will happen with these systems as well. Just wait and see.

What? Why would I want to go to fantasy land? I'm simply answering the OP's question in a forthright and honest manner; not sarcastic at all. In no way am I attempting to show the absurdity of the question by completely defining what a positive answer would mean; no way at all.

As for the rest of your post, looking back at Sony's history of removing features over the lifetime of the console and MS's recent history of adding features over the life of the console; I can think of one more reason to get the PS4 early and hold off on the Xbox One.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

No I will not be purchasing the PS3.5 at all. They have added very little to the console excluding some specification bumps. I dont want the most powerful console I want the most interesting ones with the games I prefer, also the one which pleases my whole family as I am no longer the solo hardcore gamer I used to be.

5 years ago It would have been the PS4 all day long. Now....not a chance in hell. Not impressed by Flops lol.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Despite being a hardcore cow, I'm not getting PS4 at launch.

There are still way too many awesome PS3 exclusives I didn't get to play. Playing the game with the most amazing graphics ever made (kz:sf) is very tempting though....

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

No, but...

Because Ps4 got stronger hardware

Because Playstation is best

Because Ps4 is where i choose to play most of my multiplat games

Because Ps4 got $100 lower price

Because Playstation brand always deliver good exlusives

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#43 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I'm surprised so many people are excited about either console. I mean I'm glad because it makes SW more fun, but I think the first console that gets Oculus Rift support is going to be the best option.

If MS used their cash to secure Rift exclusivity, it would make a PS4 purchase down right dumb. The opposite is also true.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

I'm getting a PS4 on its own merits; because Sony is synonymous with world class gaming.

You know the exclusives are coming, I know they are coming and so does the world.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/10/30-ps4-games-in-development-by-sony-worldwide-studios-20-out-in-first-year-12-new-ip/

Greatness awaits TC. Sony. PS4

Day fvcking 1.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

31 days until PS4.

Are you counting down the days?

I know I am.

Awwwwww yeahhhhhh

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

PS2 and PS3 both had a lot more games that I was interested in than Xbox/360, and the typical Xbox exclusives aren't ones that I'm all that interested in. So, I'll be getting a PS4.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Not getting a PS4. I won't be one of the suckers who spends $400 just to play Killzone 4.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NineTailedGoku

@treedoor said:

Not getting a PS4. I won't be one of the suckers who spends $400 just to play Killzone 4.

Warframe, DriveClub, Knack, Resogun, Planetside 2, Warthunder, superior multiplats, Infamous SS and other future titles? Those don't exist?

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@Willy105 said:

All the good stuff (FF15, KH3)

Lol? You are really out of touch m8. Sounds like you are salty you got suckered into buying an unsupported Wii U and wish the same upon the superior consoules. Sony has delivered excellent first and second party content for 3 generations in a row, and both PS4 and xBone are going to receive a plethora of third party content *unlike the wii*. What's there not to be excited about?

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

I would tell you why i Choose the PS4 over the Xbox 1 if this year's game lineup isn't clear enough.. however i'm sure you're already aware as to the why and won't care to read the answer again and wanted to get some words out of your system.