are there still any juice left for the xbox360??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bbsteven26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bbsteven26
Member since 2003 • 49 Posts

so with all the talk about xbxo360 being able to pump out graphic such as kilzone 2 , uncharted2 , even mgs4.

and it ends up the best 3 games alan wake, splinter cell conviction, and halo reach .

Doesn't really have the graphic level that the ps3 has been producing lately.

of course alan wake does look good, but when it takes them 5 years in the making. the result isn't even as good as what it has been showing by the bullshot.

and as for splinter cell and halo reach, i dont' think anyone will say it can be anykind of graphic beast after the beta of reach and full game of SC..

so even when a game that is developed for 5 years + specificly for the xbox360, and it ends up something not live up to the hype from graphic to animation, etc.

so is there any other secret weapon left by MS to really show us what the xbxo is capible of in the future??

or will ms even brother to show us gamer what it is capable of in the first place

mike4realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mike4realz
Member since 2003 • 2577 Posts
sure its got some juice left...it's selling its games pretty well
bbsteven26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bbsteven26

sure its got some juice left...it's selling its games pretty wellmike4realz

so you play with sales number or quality of the game?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61550 Posts

[QUOTE="mike4realz"]sure its got some juice left...it's selling its games pretty wellbbsteven26

Quality, hence why 360 has many quality games.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

[QUOTE="mike4realz"]sure its got some juice left...it's selling its games pretty wellbbsteven26

Are you saying the 360 lacks quality games?

IFBB-PRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IFBB-PRO
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts

Took them 5 years to make Alan Wake due to small development team!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

Not just any juice but rather the high octane juice known as Alan Wake & Reach. :P

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Not just any juice but rather the high octane juice known as Alan Wake & Reach. :P

SecretPolice

Don't forget Crackdown 2. ;)

bbsteven26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bbsteven26

[QUOTE="bbsteven26"]

[QUOTE="mike4realz"]sure its got some juice left...it's selling its games pretty wellPuckhog04

nope i was only asking is there any power left on the xbox360 , to produce better graphic., animation, sound etc

KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Puckhog04

I really liked Fable 2 so let's not forget Fable 3. :)

*EDIT* and it's way too early to tell but I am sure that Gears 3 will be producing some pretty amazing graphics.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Puckhog04

No doubt some awesome sick fun but I dunno about the visual quality being up there with the two I mentioned though that's just dandy with me since CD has some of the most fun game play to be had this gen. ;)

mike4realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mike4realz
Member since 2003 • 2577 Posts

quality of the game...the fact that the xbox 360 has some great quality games that it sold pretty well
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Well Reach and AW do both look great. Gears 3 will prob be amazing too. Not quite at the level of the top PS3 games though.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Having both consoles, the games i'd consider of the most quality this gen have all been on the 360, PS3 has the graphics lead without doubt but graphics are only a small factor when considering how great and enjoyable a game is.

88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="bbsteven26"]

bbsteven26

nope i was only asking is there any power left on the xbox360 , to produce better graphic., animation, sound etc

how would one squeeze more power out of hardware?

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
In terms of my actual game enjoyment this year my 360 has been rocking head to head with my PS3. Mass Effect 2 is just incredible and say what you will Splinter Cell Conviction was basically playing as Jack Bauer for me, so lots and lots of fun. The PS3 has head Heavy Rain which is pushing it up against Mass Effect in my opinion and GoW3 which, while an awesome game has not had the same impact on me that GoW1 and 2 had. Basically based on this year, its a great time to be a multiconsole owner...
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Alan Wake has a small dev team, so forget your "buh buh 5 years!" argument. Also, yes, 360 still has juice. The games keep on looking better.
Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Puckhog04

Come on man. Without the Halo 3 beta this game would be toast.
Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bus-A-Bus
Member since 2009 • 5089 Posts

YES.Considering 3 best developers(as far as rendering engines) look about to deliver there is nothing more to say than,YES.

Here is newest Crysis 2 preview from GAMESPOT:

GS AU: How much do you think you are pushing the technical limitations of the Xbox 360 and PS3 now?

CY: I really think there's not much left--there may be 10 or 15 percent more. But we are already doing more than even Microsoft or Sony said we could do. It's not really about just pushing technical power, but how you can algorithmically optimise and rethink some strategies, otherwise we would have hit the wall two years ago. We needed to look at the basics--how do you do light, how do you do shadows, physics--we challenged everything so we could get more quality out of it.

They are pushing it...

RAGE runs 60fps and EVERY SINGLE SITE praised its visuals and this is what IGN said:"We've seen and written about Rage in the past, and many of the gameplay elements on display were repeat showings. Things like vehicular combat, a wicked bladed boomerang, and item scavenging were quickly shown to refresh everybody's memories, or get them up to speed. During this time, all I could do was sit back and marvel at the graphics. Rage is easily one of the best looking games I've seen, even with the entirety of 2010 left as development time for id to further polish it. The crazy part? The demo was shown on an Xbox 360"

Epic Gears of war 3:

360 just needs better developers(in terms of technical ability) and luckily it got them.BTW Reach looks amazing and it uses overhauled engine,it also does things KZ2 and UC2 cant even imagine in terms of size co op,number of a.i etc...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="bbsteven26"]

bbsteven26

I think it's just about peaked as developers have had a good while to maximize it. I'm not a programmer tho, so who knows. ;)
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Kokuro_Kun

Crackdown was beyond awesome, best coop sandbox experience ever. Seriously me and a mate of mine spent about 100 hours just having a blast in coop.

bbsteven26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bbsteven26

360 just needs better developers(in terms of technical ability) and luckily it got them.BTW Reach looks amazing and it uses overhauled engine,it also does things KZ2 and UC2 cant even imagine in terms of size co op,number of a.i etc...

Bus-A-Bus

size of the number?

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

YES.Considering 3 best developers(as far as rendering engines) look about to deliver there is nothing more to say than,YES.

GS AU: How much do you think you are pushing the technical limitations of the Xbox 360 and PS3 now?

CY: I really think there's not much left--there may be 10 or 15 percent more. But we are already doing more than even Microsoft or Sony said we could do. It's not really about just pushing technical power, but how you can algorithmically optimise and rethink some strategies, otherwise we would have hit the wall two years ago. We needed to look at the basics--how do you do light, how do you do shadows, physics--we challenged everything so we could get more quality out of it.

They are pushing it...

RAGE runs 60fps and EVERY SINGLE SITE praised its visuals and this is what IGN said:"We've seen and written about Rage in the past, and many of the gameplay elements on display were repeat showings. Things like vehicular combat, a wicked bladed boomerang, and item scavenging were quickly shown to refresh everybody's memories, or get them up to speed. During this time, all I could do was sit back and marvel at the graphics. Rage is easily one of the best looking games I've seen, even with the entirety of 2010 left as development time for id to further polish it. The crazy part? The demo was shown on an Xbox 360"

Epic Gears of war 3:

Bus-A-Bus

All that... now I want to see RAGE!! You think they'll be at E3?

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

bbsteven26

size of the number?

In size,meaning its not corridor shooter or one linear path its almost sandbox shooter,and in number as 40 a.i plus 20 vehicles...its bigger,MUCH bigger.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

They are pushing it...

Epic Gears of war 3:

SaltyMeatballs

All that... now I want to see RAGE!! You think they'll be at E3?

Sure they will,they must be,100% sure.One thing i know RAGE will have MUCH MUCH better than any other console game out are textures.Megatextures that Carmack invented dont need to be streamed from ram but rather from DVD,that way there is no texture budget and low res textures,everything crisp in 60 fps :D

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

arguing about graphics on a console? just get a PC if you care that much about good graphics. Otherwise you are short changing yourself.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
Upcoming games for the system have been looking very nice. So I would say yes.
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts
It sgot juice but its probably never taking out the PS3 as having the best looking game on consoles, AW tried but it didn't go so well.
Persistantthug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Persistantthug
Member since 2009 • 1420 Posts

88mphSlayer

It's always possible...maybe some extra code to make certain GPU or CPU perform better.

For example, in the PS3 it has that 8th idle SPE. Rumor has it that Sony may be unlocking it to work with MOVE. That may or may not happen, but it is entirely possible and plausible.

88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

[QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

Persistantthug

It's always possible...maybe some extra code to make certain GPU or CPU perform better.

For example, in the PS3 it has that 8th idle SPE. Rumor has it that Sony may be unlocking it to work with MOVE. That may or may not happen, but it is entirely possible and plausible.

that's optimization tho, not more power

ie: people who put hoodscoops or spoilers on their cars doesn't make the car faster or give the engine more horsepower

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Yes i think games can contain to improve some on the 360.

But i really don't see the ps3 improving a ton either. Also since devs have said it was harder to develop for to.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Sony spent years and hundreds of millions on Cell development... Only to have to give it a GPU to even compete with 360.

But to the point... 360 does have some life left. So does the PS3.

We probably wont see anything drastically better then what were getting in 2010. But it will still look better then the launch games.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bus-A-Bus

Funniest thing is that ps3 has probably less juice left...

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

Persistantthug

8th SPU CANT be "unlocked".Its there so that if one stops working that one can take the "job".Its just your imagination...it neve happened in history something like this but cows are so desperate to leave 360 behind that they even have sweet dreams about this.

And yea BTW,IF by some magician from Sony it could get unlocked that would be its 7th spu cus one serves the purpose for OS.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#36 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts

No. Judging from the reviews of AW, which apparently looks like crap in the day time (I guess they put too much dev time into the jacket :lol:), and the fact that Reach beta really doesn't look all that great, the 360 has nothing left to give performance-wise. Already seeing a lot of lemming DC over this year.

Kan0nF0dder

Wrong, Reach looks fantastic. Gears 3 looks incredible. Overall the 360 keeps pumping out stunning looking games!

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#37 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="Kokuro_Kun"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Crackdown was beyond awesome, best coop sandbox experience ever. Seriously me and a mate of mine spent about 100 hours just having a blast in coop.

lol, same here. Nothing beats kicking your friend off a skyscraper :P
bbsteven26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bbsteven26

Bus-A-Bus
lol... and yet they are pumping out better looking and stunning game
johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts
i dunno, but most guys at my work place hasnt touch their 360, and some of them bought a ps3 already
Persistantthug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Persistantthug

[QUOTE="Persistantthug"]

[QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

88mphSlayer

that's optimization tho, not more power

ie: people who put hoodscoops or spoilers on their cars doesn't make the car faster or give the engine more horsepower

Unlocking that 8th SPE would indeed quality as "more power".

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

bbsteven26

What im trying to say is,UC2 for example was meant to push ps3 as far as it goes,there was no game on 360 that had the same purpose.UC2 is probably about the best that game on ps3 can look like,they probably can go higher 15%-20% but thats it.While on 360 games can surely go higher then Gears 2.

Persistantthug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Persistantthug

[QUOTE="Persistantthug"]

[QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

Bus-A-Bus

8th SPU CANT be "unlocked".Its there so that if one stops working that one can take the "job".Its just your imagination...it neve happened in history something like this but cows are so desperate to leave 360 behind that they even have sweet dreams about this.

And yea BTW,IF by some magician from Sony it could get unlocked that would be its 7th spu cus one serves the purpose for OS.

The 8th (idle) SPE was locked to increase yields ratios in the early days of the Cells manufacturing for PS3. That was long ago now.

If a developer such as Naughty Dog, Sony's top flight developer, asked Sony to use that 8th SPE for UNCHARTED 3, to help push the game to 1080p, for example....Sony would do it without even blinking.

That's what good DEV. MANAGERS do for their artists....something Sony has decades of experience with.

Persistantthug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Persistantthug

[QUOTE="bbsteven26"][QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Bus-A-Bus

What im trying to say is,UC2 for example was meant to push ps3 as far as it goes,there was no game on 360 that had the same purpose.UC2 is probably about the best that game on ps3 can look like,they probably can go higher 15%-20% but thats it.While on 360 games can surely go higher then Gears 2.

No....

Just no.

Its been 4 1/2 years.....excuse time is over Bus-A-Bus...."time to pack it up and go home."

XBOX 360 does not have equal power to the PS3.

We've seen some of the best developers develop for the thing, it still can't output to the same capacity....its done bro.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="Persistantthug"]

Persistantthug

The 8th (idle) SPE was locked to increase yields ratios in the early days of the Cells manufacturing for PS3. That was long ago now.

If a developer such as Naughty Dog, Sony's top flight developer, asked Sony to use that 8th SPE for UNCHARTED 3, to help push the game to 1080p, for example....Sony would do it without even blinking.

That's what good DEV. MANAGERS do for their artists....something Sony has decades of experience with.

I dont think you understand what you are talking about.MAYBE just MAYBE even you have one spu not working properly so that one that was locked will "replace" not working one.If they made game using locked yields game would not work on many ps3 cus many of them have one spu not working,thats the whole story and thats why its impossible.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="bbsteven26"] lol... and yet they are pumping out better looking and stunning game Persistantthug

No....

Just no.

Its been 4 1/2 years.....excuse time is over Bus-A-Bus...."time to pack it up and go home."

We've seen some of the best developers develop for the thing, it still can't output to the same capacity....its done bro.

Please,enlighten me,what best developers?Id and Crytek seems to be doing just fine with 360...It seems like journalists REALLY and i mean REALLY like RAGE looks that was shown the other day,it also runs at 60fps meaning it has to do things 2x faster then lets say UC2 or KZ2.Crysis 2 is also said to be best looking game on all platforms and there is new shoot from Gears 3 that looks as it could spank some*cough* nathan *cough* ass :D

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=245518&site=psm

"EA's sci-fi shooter Crysis 2 isn't just the best looking shooter on PS3, but, arguably, the best looking game ever - and that includes Uncharted 2, plus many hotly-tipped, yet-to-be-announced E3 games to which we've been granted sneak peeks. We're the only magazine, or website, who've seen the PS3 version of Crysis 2, and can confirm it's every bit as good as the Xbox 360 game. "

And thats Ps3 magazine...

bbsteven26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bbsteven26

[QUOTE="bbsteven26"][QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Bus-A-Bus

nice guess...

we heard that everysingle time when a xbox 360 exclusive before release.

First splinter cell, now alan wake.

of course gears 3 will look better than gears 2, but

bbsteven26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 bbsteven26

[QUOTE="Persistantthug"]

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Bus-A-Bus

No....

Just no.

Please,enlighten me,what best developers?Id and Crytek seems to be doing just fine with 360...It seems like journalists REALLY and i mean REALLY like RAGE looks that was shown the other day,it also runs at 60fps meaning it has to do things 2x faster then lets say UC2 or KZ2.Crysis 2 is also said to be best looking game on all platforms and there is new shoot from Gears 3 that looks as it could spank some*cough* nathan *cough* ass :D

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=245518&site=psm

"EA's sci-fi shooter Crysis 2 isn't just the best looking shooter on PS3, but, arguably, the best looking game ever - and that includes Uncharted 2, plus many hotly-tipped, yet-to-be-announced E3 games to which we've been granted sneak peeks. We're the only magazine, or website, who've seen the PS3 version of Crysis 2, and can confirm it's every bit as good as the Xbox 360 game. "

And thats Ps3 magazine...

one thing thats for sure is that the xbox will never able to do killzone 2 lighting. gt5 car model in game play

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#48 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

360 still has far more quality games than PS3. Graphycs wise PS3 wins by a small margin with 2 games (KZ2 and Uncharted2) but it´s not more powerfull. Both equally capable.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

In terms of my actual game enjoyment this year my 360 has been rocking head to head with my PS3. Mass Effect 2 is just incredible and say what you will Splinter Cell Conviction was basically playing as Jack Bauer for me, so lots and lots of fun. The PS3 has head Heavy Rain which is pushing it up against Mass Effect in my opinion and GoW3 which, while an awesome game has not had the same impact on me that GoW1 and 2 had. Basically based on this year, its a great time to be a multiconsole owner...alextherussian

Agree with just about everything you said.

Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
Just Cause 2 looks just as good as Uncharted 2. I'll take Gears of War 2 over that MGS4 movie any day. The Xbox 360 has plenty of power left to show off. I don't know if you noticed but a lot of games are stunning in visuals. Both exclusives and multi-platforms so this whole judge by visuals isn't much a factor now as many games can argue for the title. It's all in the gameplay now.