Are Need for speed and Burnout series dead?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Last good Need for Speed game i played was Most Wanted (Xbox360) and Hot Puruit (PS 3).Didn't follow the series from there or heard of any NFS games anymore after Rivals. Always wanted another another Burnout game after Revenge HD and Paradise, seems Criterion games abondened the series completely moving onto Need For Speed games,not even Burnout 6 :(.Those two franchise were EA games hot sellers, whatever happened to them ???

Are Need For Speed and Burnout series dead warriors? :)

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit on psx is one of my favorites. I didn't care for the driving in the more recent ones, or I should say I didn't care for it within the confines of a cop pursuit game. The older ones had a slight sim feel giving a bigger thrill to the chase, imo.

How can you go wrong with a chase game though. Need more of em.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Why are you asking us..... How would anyone here know that ?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Because I know :)

Burnout is dead. A lot of people at Criterion moved to Ghost Games to work on NFS games from now on.

NFS is taking a break and should be back next year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

We need more arcade racers. :(

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 indzman

@Gamerno6666 said:

We need more arcade racers. :(

same here :( :( :(

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 indzman

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Because I know :)

Burnout is dead. A lot of people at Criterion moved to Ghost Games to work on NFS games from now on.

NFS is taking a break and should be back next year.

Burnout ( 3, Revenge,Paradise) was a solid series, preferred it more over NFS. Shame its really dead :(

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

I'd love to see a revival of Burnout, especially the collision pileup game mode. Need for Speed is a lot more played out.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I miss Midnight club more if i'm being honest. I absolutely loved MC3 DUB edition.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#10 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Haven't played Need for speed in years. Lost track of it years ago, after low quality yearly releases and poor ports. I'd love to see a new Burnout game but the thing that I want the most is Split Second 2.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

They combined. NFS Hot Pursuit 2010, Most Wanted 2012 and Rivals are burnout games in NFS covers.

Criterion made the contract. Sady, while Hot Pursuit was amazing, it went downhill. Maybe Criterion will make a new Burnout in the vein of Revenge now.

Has NFS, it'll have a release next year. I can only dream of an Underground 3 or Most Wanted style game.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#12 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Yeah, Burnout's dead. That makes me sad. :(

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k

@indzman said:

Burnout ( 3, Revenge,Paradise) was a solid series, preferred it more over NFS. Shame its really dead :(

I've always played more NFS, but I loved the Burnout series too. Burnout had some really cool gameplay mechanics.

I think the series is temporarily dead like MOH. There might still be one in the future, just not very soon.

I heard that EA didn't want two high profile racing games so they chose NFS in favor of Burnout.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@indzman said:

I've always played more NFS, but I loved the Burnout series too. Burnout had some really cool gameplay mechanics.

I think the series is temporarily dead like MOH. There might still be one in the future, just not very soon.

I heard that EA didn't want two high profile racing games so they chose NFS in favor of Burnout.

Ha, this lines up perfectly with everything I've experienced with EA. They can make great initial products but then follow that up with awful decisions.

imo, Burnout is better than NFS. I've played more Burnout so I'm not the best judge but that's just too perfectly tragic if Burnout really is dead. I thought Paradise was a great game too, except for playing that title GNR song too much.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

After the 2005's Most Wanted, I didn't play any other NFS apart from The Run and The Hot Pursuit which were pretty good. I tried playing Rivals but couldn't even bear to finish the tutorial. Seemed the same stuff as The Hot Pursuit. NFS series just kinda suck now. I miss the old Most Wanted.

As for Burnout, never played a game from that series. I'm not really into racing games that much but from what I've heard, it's good so I may try that out when I'm in the mood.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k

@GunSmith1_basic said:

Ha, this lines up perfectly with everything I've experienced with EA. They can make great initial products but then follow that up with awful decisions.

imo, Burnout is better than NFS. I've played more Burnout so I'm not the best judge but that's just too perfectly tragic if Burnout really is dead. I thought Paradise was a great game too, except for playing that title GNR song too much.

I'm starting to really dislike EA, to be quite honest.

Instead of bringing out a sequel for Simcity they rebooted the series with a boring game that had some really crappy DRM. And now they made Simcity some Farmville clone on smartphones.

Instead of bringing out a sequel to Command And Conquer they tried going the F2P rout for some reason and the series seems dead now too.

Instead of keeping MOH a great series based in WW2 they tried cloning COD, and it resulted in two horrible games. That lack any kind of soul. MOH is now dead.

Instead of keeping Burnout and NFS two distinct series they tried blending the two series into one. Pleasing a lot of gamers, sure. But never fuly pleasing both the NFS or Burnout fans. I see burnout fans saying they want another Burnout and I see NFS fans saying they want another NFS: Underground. The two wants can not be combined TBH.

And then there is stuff like Dungeon Keeper or the BF4 launch... I'll stop here because this is getting too long XD

About that song: Yeah, I remember the first time it playing, it felt perfect for the setting. But then I kept hearing it and kept hearing it until I was sick of it :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

The last NFS game was actually pretty good so no, I dont think it's dead. I dont think we'll see another Burnout game though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#18 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

A new Need for Speed game is announced for 2015, so... no?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68

@charizard1605 said:

did not know that. I would welcome that. I enjoyed the last game on PS4 and I think the series will keep improving.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heil68 said:

@charizard1605 said:

did not know that. I would welcome that. I enjoyed the last game on PS4 and I think the series will keep improving.

Yeah, Rivals was great, I think Ghost Games will do a good job if they continue to build on the base Rivals provided.

But yes, a 2015 game was confirmed. I was surprised EA let them take a break this year, to be honest.

Honestly, I just want them to ditch everything else and go back to Underground, that was the absolute peak of Need for Speed.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Heil68

@charizard1605 said:

@Heil68 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah, Rivals was great, I think Ghost Games will do a good job if they continue to build on the base Rivals provided.

But yes, a 2015 game was confirmed. I was surprised EA let them take a break this year, to be honest.

Honestly, I just want them to ditch everything else and go back to Underground, that was the absolute peak of Need for Speed.

The underground games were great. I also played a lot of the Porsche unleashed back in the day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heil68 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Heil68 said:

@charizard1605 said:

The underground games were great. I also played a lot of the Porsche unleashed back in the day.

Me too, lol. Honestly, up until NFS: Underground, the games were amazing- then they sort of started to lose the plot for a bit, although Most Wanted and Carbon were still fun. With everything after that, they just became terrible altogether until Criterion took over for a while.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

It's ok. Bugbear has taken their place with Wreckfest.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

All I want is Burnout 3 HD and I can die a happy man. I loved that game on PS2 and I want to 100% beat that game again. It's pretty much set up for trophies too with all the medals and stuff in the game.

Also, I want them to port Black and/or make a Black 2.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

@Heil68 said:

The last NFS game was actually pretty good

No it wasn't

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@AdobeArtist:

Burnout revenge is my favourite racing game oat. The pile up mode is so much fun. I like paradise but it is a step down from revenges quality.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 indzman

@charizard1605 said:

@Heil68 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Sweet :)