Aonuma on Majora's Mask 3D: I Hear You

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Schreier: I have to ask... I asked readers what questions I should ask you, and the number one question was that you've hinted so many times about a new Majora's Mask or a Majora's Mask remake for the 3DS—will we ever see that?

Aonuma: I do know that fans want to see Majora's Mask. I've heard that voice, it's very, very strong, and I'm always listening, is what I would say.

Schreier: I think people reacted to the teaser in A Link Between Worlds, the mask in the house. People saw that and thought it was a hint for the future, so that's why people are excited about that.

Aonuma: Maybe I was toying with them a little. (laughter) I'm doing everything I can. I hear the voices of the fans. There are so many out there. It's very loud, and just to acknowledge the fact that the need, the want is out there, I put that in there.

SOURCE

We're never getting this, are we?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#2 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Such a long non-answer. lol.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#3 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

"I've heard that voice, it's very, very strong, and I'm always listening" "I hear the voices of the fans. There are so many out there. It's very loud"

thomasmcshea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 thomasmcshea
Member since 2013 • 40 Posts

majoras mask is great stuff. way better than skyward sword. that game is just awful.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Not really bothered. The original still exists and is still fantastic. Plus, you don't have to play it on a small screen.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

I think it needs hell alot more frames per second and a gfx makeup TBH. plus remaster the soundtrack and it will be perfect.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

he dodge to answer it meaning we aren't getting it

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I would be so excited if they announced a remake of Majora's Mask since I sadly don't think that we will ever get another Zelda game that is dark and mature like Majora's Mask again. I don't want it on the 3DS though. I want it on the Wii U. Zelda isn't the type of game that I want to play on a portable device.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Why can't we have it naow?!?!?

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

I'd much rather have a new entry in a series then a MM remake.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

I have no doubt it will happen. Just not yet.

MM was a deliberatly small game to begin with, getting a small outside team to port it over should be a non-issue. They also know it is wanted and will probably make money on minimal investment.

Thing is, 3DS is well over the top of the hill, and Pokemon and smash will only push it faster down the slope. They'll need MM3D near the end of it's life, as one of the final pushes near the bottom of the slope.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

We've gotten better lip service about this demand about a year ago, now he just seems disengaged; I doubt this will ever come out. If Nintendo is worried about their time being wasted on something that might not have much commercial potential or that they should work on something with greater commercial potential, such a situation is probably where they should start considering outsourcing a 3D remake to another 3rd party studio. After all, the game is already made, it's not like serious creative input needs to go into it. At the very least, this would be worth experimenting.

I mean, if it were my interview, I'd of asked:

"I get the feeling you're worried about it's commercial potential, or maybe you have other more promising aspirations worth pursuing. But have you ever considered such an idea as outsourcing a Majora's Mask 3D remake to a third party so Nintendo can spend its time pursuing other exciting new projects?"

Of course, the answer would be inconsequential, my hope would be to implant that idea into his head; this is where our modern gaming journalists are failing us.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Aonuma is busy as a bee all the time on the Zelda series. I remember reading something that ALBW was hard on him at the time, and at the same time he's working on Wii U Zelda. I'll give him a break...

I love the guy's trolling though. I guess you gotta have a sarcastic laugh now and again.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I could care less

Lamprey, bro, this phrase is reserved for idiots only and I can not stand idly by and allow you to use it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lamprey263

@ConanTheStoner said:

@lamprey263 said:

I could care less

Lamprey, bro, this phrase is reserved for idiots only and I can not stand idly by and allow you to use it.

Okay, I'll replace it with "The answer would be inconsequential".

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@lamprey263 said:

I could care less

Haha, it's "I couldn't care less" bro. Meaning you do not care. Saying "I could care less" means that you do care, but it's a weird way to say it.

Sorry man, obviously people know what you mean anyways, it's just like nails on a chalkboard to me.

/OCD

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lamprey263

@ConanTheStoner said:

@lamprey263 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@lamprey263 said:

I could care less

Haha, it's "I couldn't care less" bro. Meaning you do not care. Saying "I could care less" means that you do care, but it's a weird way to say it.

Sorry man, obviously people know what you mean anyways, it's just like nails on a chalkboard to me.

/OCD

oic, so I mean't to say "couldn't care less" and didn't catch it