Anyone find it funny how hermits have just ONE game to brag about?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dabigsiebowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dabigsiebowski
Member since 2003 • 887 Posts
Sure you would have to be an idiot to say crysis doesn't look good, but come on.... I have enjoyed countless exclusives this gen on consoles than I would have with just crysis. Killzone 2 blows Crysis out of the water technically with what the developers have to work with. Just stop blowin your load over a game thats been done hundreds of times but with pretty graphics. Its just sad and pathetic.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

Eh,I see both Crysis and Stalker a lot.

P.S.-Speaking of Stalker...is Gamespot ever gonna review Clear Skies?!?!?!?!

Il_Exile_lI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Il_Exile_lI
Member since 2008 • 516 Posts
Killzone 2 is nowhere near Crysis in terms of Graphics, PC has the most AAA exclusives this gen. However, I agree that there are great exlusives on all consoles and hermits need to stop thinking they are better than console gamers. Hermits elitist attitude is really starting to get on my nerves.
Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts
Most of the hermits on here keep to themselves and don't even talk about the great games they get. The intelligent ones don't feel the need to point out how awesome games like Stalker and Crysis look because whats the point? Everyone knows console games can't compete with PC games when it comes to graphics. Sure, the PC lacks games in certain genres, but it excels in other ones where consoles struggle. Its not like PC gamers just have Crysis and Stalker to play.
vdastampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vdastampede
Member since 2003 • 807 Posts
Um...I'm pretty sure the PC has lots of good games.....lots and lots of good games.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
If you've played Crysis for a while you'ld know it's far from your average shooter, stalker is also good and CS:S too
Cocacolacowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cocacolacowboy
Member since 2008 • 209 Posts

what makes you think that crysis is the reason people think PC gaming is superior to consoles?...

Fallout 1/2

Planescape Torment

Grim Fandago

Day of the Tentacle

Monkey island

longest journey

Vampire:the Masquerade

Arcanum

Civilization

Diablo

Starcraft

Alpha Centauri

Syndicate

i really dont see any games on consoles that come close to being as deep as that list,heck even text games from the DOS days had more depth than teh OMGZ next gen HD games" coming out nowadays.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts
*looks at sig* nope we have 66 games to brag about
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

You're a funny guy TC.

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

Most of the hermits on here keep to themselves and don't even talk about the great games they get. The intelligent ones don't feel the need to point out how awesome games like Stalker and Crysis look because whats the point? Everyone knows console games can't compete with PC games when it comes to graphics. Sure, the PC lacks games in certain genres, but it excels in other ones where consoles struggle. Its not like PC gamers just have Crysis and Stalker to play.Cloud_Insurance

exactly...

why sit here saying the came crap over and over again..we have awsome games..we just dont put them in every thread we see..or make countless threads talking about the same thing 50 times..

IMO..we have the Best classic games and the best Next gen games including multiplats..hermits dont need to brag..we already have it made..

mr_mozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mr_mozilla
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts

It's the best looking game this gen by far, it just came out, it's exclusive, and scored AAA here. If that doesn't justify some bragging I don't know what does.

Besides, Crysis is only constantly brought up because it's what interests people, sadly no one cares about Soase and the likes, it's all about graphics and FPS this gen.

dabigsiebowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dabigsiebowski

Killzone 2 is nowhere near Crysis in terms of Graphics, PC has the most AAA exclusives this gen. However, I agree that there are great exlusives on all consoles and hermits need to stop thinking they are better than console gamers. Hermits elitist attitude is really starting to get on my nerves.Il_Exile_lI

Im talking about the technicality of the system. Obviously you cant upgrade a PS3 so thats what they have to work with. As far as Crysis goes.....Upgrade$$$$$. And Killzone is coming from a developer who has yet to prove themselves

Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts

what makes you think that crysis is the reason people think PC gaming is superior to consoles?...

Fallout 1/2

Planescape Torment

Grim Fandago

Day of the Tentacle

Monkey island

longest journey

Arcanum

Civilization

Diablo

Starcraft

Alpha Centauri

Syndicate

i really dont see any games on consoles that come close to being as deep as that list,heck even text games from the DOS days had more depth than teh OMGZ next gen HD games" coming out nowadays.

Cocacolacowboy

that list is calling for a mention of Deus Ex and the System Shock games

FFXIII360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FFXIII360
Member since 2008 • 988 Posts

I've only enjoyed 3 maybe 4 now games this gen on the PC. The Witcher, first Stalker, second one is horrible, Crysis SP. and Crysis Warhead Sp is ok so far but I'd rather play as the first guy and not Psycho(maybe you play as him later?)

As for the other systems the 360 I have enjoyed lots of games and I won't get into the very large list of games for it I enjoyed. I've been enjoying the 360 since it's release.

dabigsiebowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dabigsiebowski

It's the best looking game this gen by far, it just came out, it's exclusive, and scored AAA here. If that doesn't justify some bragging I don't know what does.

Besides, Crysis is only constantly brought up because it's what interests people, sadly no one cares about Soase and the likes, it's all about graphics and FPS this gen.

mr_mozilla

FPS this gen= fail for all of system wars. Even tho I do love shooters in general.....

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts
the kz2 comparison to crysis needs to stop
zomgwtfbbqlol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zomgwtfbbqlol1
Member since 2008 • 1226 Posts

PC has loads more than crysis, its just crysis is the best, games like stalker, WiC, Warhammer, SC2 etc.

now if u think PC gamers should not talk about Crysis tell lemmings to not talk about gears.. LOL

zomgwtfbbqlol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zomgwtfbbqlol1
Member since 2008 • 1226 Posts
the kz2 comparison to crysis needs to stop ps3wizard45
yea i sense fakeboy in TC, i dont think ne cow is that blind nor bold to say KZ2 looks better than Crysis, i mean sure it is an advanced game for PS3, and uses a lot opf amazing effects, no1 ever said it was bad, but its just not crysis good...
Cocacolacowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cocacolacowboy
[QUOTE="Cocacolacowboy"]

Fallout 1/2

Planescape Torment

Grim Fandago

Day of the Tentacle

Monkey island

longest journey

Arcanum

Civilization

Diablo

Starcraft

Alpha Centauri

Syndicate

Cloud_Insurance

that list is calling for a mention of Deus Ex and the System Shock games

yeah i forgot about those two,my bad

wait a minute dontcha knowz?...bioshock is sucha superior game too system shock,alot deeper and immersive ,even though someone with down syndrome could walk right through that game without dying once..itz still da betta game lulz ;)

HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#21 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Just stop blowin your load over a game thats been done hundreds of times but with pretty graphics. Its just sad and pathetic.dabigsiebowski

You've just described Killzone 2 very accurately.

And if you really think that Crysis is the only PC exclusive worth playing 'this gen', then you need to educate yourself more.

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pinkyimp

[QUOTE="dabigsiebowski"]Just stop blowin your load over a game thats been done hundreds of times but with pretty graphics. Its just sad and pathetic.HenriH-42

And if you really think that Crysis is the only PC exclusive worth playing 'this gen', then you need to educate yourself more.

this hypocrisy is through the roof...

they say hermits can talk about graphics..yet there are more "Graphics king" threads than crysis threads..

they say hermits cant brag about games..yet 360/PS3 owners can?..so they can talk all they want about how there graphics are but as soon as someone mentions crysis they go crazy and start going on the defensive..

I swear..this place gets so stupid sometimes..

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

Sure you would have to be an idiot to say crysis doesn't look good, but come on.... I have enjoyed countless exclusives this gen on consoles than I would have with just crysis. Killzone 2 blows Crysis out of the water technically with what the developers have to work with. Just stop blowin your load over a game thats been done hundreds of times but with pretty graphics. Its just sad and pathetic.dabigsiebowski

Total AAAA (# exclusive)

• PS3: 2 (1)
  • 360: 1 (0)

Total AAA (# exclusive)

• PC: 17 (9)
  • 360: 14 (4)
  • PS3: 9 (0)
  • Wii: 6 (4)

Total AA (# exclusive)

• PC: 83 (57)
  • 360: 72 (12)
  • PS3: 44 (4)
  • Wii: 23 (7)

PC has the most critically acclaimed exclusives.

Killzone 2 does not blow Crysis out of the water Techinically. That is such a false statement I can't even begin to tell you seeing as how Crysis cannot be done on Consoles.

You mean in the same way you are hyping Killzone 2? Crysis and Crysis Warhead met hype of AAA man. Killzone 2 has yet to prove anything.

-CUBE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -CUBE-
Member since 2006 • 708 Posts

Sure you would have to be an idiot to say crysis doesn't look good, but come on.... I have enjoyed countless exclusives this gen on consoles than I would have with just crysis. Killzone 2 blows Crysis out of the water technically with what the developers have to work with. Just stop blowin your load over a game thats been done hundreds of times but with pretty graphics. Its just sad and pathetic.dabigsiebowski

Crysis is plaed on a freaken' island, with huge open spaces and stuff. Just tell me how killzone 2 is a better achievment if most of it's areas are in closed corridors or small open areas?

Cocacolacowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cocacolacowboy
[QUOTE="HenriH-42"]

[QUOTE="dabigsiebowski"]Just stop blowin your load over a game thats been done hundreds of times but with pretty graphics. Its just sad and pathetic.Pinkyimp

this hypocrisy is through the roof...

they say hermits can talk about graphics..yet there are more "Graphics king" threads than crysis threads..

they say hermits cant brag about games..yet 360/PS3 owners can?..so they can talk all they want about how there graphics are but as soon as someone mentions crysis they go crazy and start going on the defensive..

I swear..this place gets so stupid sometimes..

not to mention,its ok for xbox 360/ps3 owners to pick on wii/wii owners and call their games casual and simplistic.yet pc gamers turn around and say ps3/360 games are simplistic and casual,...the PC gamers are labelled *snobs*

butteater86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 butteater86
Member since 2007 • 1306 Posts
None of the true hermits come to this board. ONly the wannabes...
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#27 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

killab2oo5

Kevin Van Ord is reviewing it. Suppose to come out today or tomorrow according to his blog.

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pinkyimp

None of the true hermits come to this board. ONly the wannabes...butteater86

wait....

whos the true hermits?....wait are you even a hermit?..if so what are you doing on this board?..and if you not a hermit, how can you determine a True hermit if your not a hermit to begin with?...

just saying..

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

None of the true hermits come to this board. ONly the wannabes...butteater86

not true I see alot of good well known PC gamers from are board here in SW.

Cocacolacowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cocacolacowboy
[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]

istreakforfood

Kevin Van Ord is reviewing it. Suppose to come out today or tomorrow according to his blog.

most likely 5.5

mephisto_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mephisto_11
Member since 2008 • 1880 Posts

rofl

optimizing on a single platform vs optimizing and scaling for a variety of hardware released in 2-3 years. i wonder what's more impressive. killzone 2 doesn't look anywhere near as good as crysis in any aspects. it isn't even console graphics king. gears 2 looks better.

you also might want to check the sticky at the top of the forum, the pc is raping the ps3 in exclusives and overall game library. yeah im sure hermits only have one game to brag about and ps3 owners have many *cough* mgs4 *cough* :roll:

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
[QUOTE="istreakforfood"][QUOTE="killab2oo5"]

Cocacolacowboy

most likely 5.5

Chances are that it might get a 6 just because if the insane difficulty, but it is a classic in my book, I love it. With its difficulty STALKER makes you think twice before taking on like 4 armed guys, while in other games one person somehow can defeat hoards of enemies.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
[QUOTE="istreakforfood"][QUOTE="killab2oo5"]

Cocacolacowboy

most likely 5.5

I honestly wouldn't be surprised with all the hate the game's been getting recently from critics.

It doesn't deserve that score though. It's a general improvement over the original.

Cocacolacowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cocacolacowboy
[QUOTE="Cocacolacowboy"][QUOTE="istreakforfood"][QUOTE="killab2oo5"]

mo0ksi

most likely 5.5

I honestly wouldn't be surprised with all the hate the game's been getting recently from critics.

It doesn't deserve that score though. It's a general improvement over the original.

Yep,good ol Kev.

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
Hermits are too busy playing Warhammer Online to argue over gfx.
Holden1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Holden1985
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

[QUOTE="dabigsiebowski"]Sure you would have to be an idiot to say crysis doesn't look good, but come on.... I have enjoyed countless exclusives this gen on consoles than I would have with just crysis. Killzone 2 blows Crysis out of the water technically with what the developers have to work with. Just stop blowin your load over a game thats been done hundreds oftimes but with pretty graphics. Its just sad and pathetic.[/QUOTE]

So what are you doing when you talk about kz2?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#37 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Which game are you talking about? Crysis, Stalker, Medieval 2 Total War, Starcraft, Diablo 2, Homeworld, Sins of a Solar Empire, Rome Total War, Comany of Heroes, WoW, Warhammer Online, The Witcher, Freespace...

Yeah I could keep going but I think you get my point.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
fps, rts, mmos ( even though i hate them) all those genre are better on pc
WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#39 WINDWAKER1
Member since 2003 • 3397 Posts
You know what I don't get? Why PC gamers think that they're the most intelligent....more like they have the most time on their hands to build a rig...
HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#40 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

You know what I don't get? Why PC gamers think that they're the most intelligent....more like they have the most time on their hands to build a rig... WINDWAKER1

More like PC games are generally more complex, deep and have steeper learning curves.

Jigsaw9798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jigsaw9798
Member since 2006 • 984 Posts

Fallout 1/2

Planescape Torment

Grim Fandago

Day of the Tentacle

Monkey island

longest journey

Arcanum

Civilization

Diablo

Starcraft

Alpha Centauri

Syndicate

Cocacolacowboy

Don't forget Baldur's Gate, but those games are OOOOOOOOOLD, man.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
What, one game a month?
strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts
This thead fails on an incredible scale.
funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts
No. I do, however, think it's funny that you think there is only 1 game to brag about on the PC.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
no we got other games
Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts

Fallout 1/2

Planescape Torment

Grim Fandago

Day of the Tentacle

Monkey island

longest journey

Arcanum

Civilization

Diablo

Starcraft

Alpha Centauri

Syndicate

Cocacolacowboy

why are you bringing up games that are so old. If we counted the ps2 library in this gen console war the ps3 would be declared winner a while ago

blushield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blushield
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts
:lol: As opposed to a monochrome shooter starring generic bad guys in gas masks. Sequel to a flop from one of the worst developers out there
Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Riki101
Member since 2004 • 2339 Posts

[QUOTE="WINDWAKER1"]You know what I don't get? Why PC gamers think that they're the most intelligent....more like they have the most time on their hands to build a rig... HenriH-42

More like PC games are generally more complex, deep and have steeper learning curves.

bingo, and because of all that, its much harder to get tired of that one game... im still playing warcraft 3 for petes sake, me and my buddies got bored of halo in 2-3 months,,, and thats suppose to be the greatest fps EVA? b***H plz
t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

No, we have plenty of games to brag about, all the other ones consolites have just never heard of.

Plus, there's always the excuses.

LOL another FPS?

LOL another MMO?

LOL another RTS?

LOL another RPG?

LOL sports games suck on PC.

LOL the PC doesn't have racing games.

LOL nobody thinks Sims are fun.

And so on.

Cocacolacowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Cocacolacowboy
[QUOTE="Cocacolacowboy"]

Fallout 1/2

Planescape Torment

Grim Fandago

Day of the Tentacle

Monkey island

longest journey

Arcanum

Civilization

Diablo

Starcraft

Alpha Centauri

Syndicate

Androvinus

why are you bringing up games that are so old. If we counted the ps2 library in this gen console war the ps3 would be declared winner a while ago

well kiddo,the TC DID SAY pc gamers only have crysis to brag about,and i was clearly proving him wrong.and who cares if they're old?...still amazing games..

go ahead and bring up the ps2..love that system and all..but its not in the same league as pc gaming...

and for the record.i dont give a **** about the console wars..i buy consoles with the games that appeal to me regardless how they do in sales...i dont flock to the biggest sales and most popular product like all of the tossjobs on this forum.