Anyone else like PGR3 better than PGR4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

catlin_czirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 catlin_czirr
Member since 2007 • 2545 Posts
I just played the demo for PGR4, and well it just seems cheezier than PGR3, the menus are retarted, I perfer PGR3's menu alot more, and from what I can tell there is no garage feature?
Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Stonin
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

I just played the demo for PGR4, and well it just seems cheezier than PGR3, the menus are retarted, I perfer PGR3's menu alot more, and from what I can tell there is no garage feature?catlin_czirr

For the love of all things sacred the word is RETARDED, and no it wasn't a typo the keys are nowhere near each other.

Back on topic though I actually really liked the demo but I can kind of see where you are coming from. I'll be buying though whatever o i'll let you know how it works out ;).

007ybse04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 007ybse04
Member since 2005 • 1120 Posts

PGR4 is miles better than BORING PGR3!

Play and see

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#4 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
Love both games, but PGR 4 definitely gets my vote. Motorcycles ftw.
Chronic_420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chronic_420
Member since 2005 • 175 Posts

PGR3's menu system sucked nuts mate, it was soo unresponsive and tedious to scroll through. PGR3 wasn't even rendered at 720p, it was more like what halo is rendered at, jaggfests.

Saying that though, i haven't gotten to play 4 yet (apart from the demo) because royal mail are a bunch of useless retards. Ofcourse they're going to have backlogs of mail because of thestrike, but not delivering anything at all yesturday then just droppin me a tv lisence and bank statements is not giong to lighten the freakin load is it!?!?!? But from i have played in the demo i think you couldn't be more wrong. (except for not liking the menu's with that being down to taste n all)

readingfc_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 readingfc_1
Member since 2004 • 2548 Posts
I quite enjoy PGR4, however, i'm not sure which i enjoyed more 3 or 4. So far 4 feels, well, kinda wierd. There isn't as much variety in music as was featured on the previous games and it just feels less complete.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
havent played PGR4, but PGR3 is freaking awesome.
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

I just played the demo for PGR4, and well it just seems cheezier than PGR3, the menus are retarted, I perfer PGR3's menu alot more, and from what I can tell there is no garage feature?catlin_czirr

PGR4 is a lot better and the menu's are fine. There is a garage feature, that's where you find Geometary Wars Waves.

The only thing I don't like is the constant lobby music online, you can turn it off though so it's not a biggy.

dapmediainc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 dapmediainc
Member since 2004 • 727 Posts
PGR4 has got to-be the best racing sim out there. I like the whole Idea of seasons, less cheating. PGR3 is good, but not as great as PGR4.
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
pgr4 is better
GXR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 GXR
Member since 2003 • 1476 Posts

Yeah, I kinda prefer PGR3 to the PGR4 demo... ThoI havent played the full game

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
no
filfili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 filfili
Member since 2003 • 1593 Posts
I was disappointed in PGR3, but love PGR4. Better gfx, sound, race types, online, and most importantly, very improved tracks. In fact, about the only think I miss from from PGR3 are a few cars.
juggalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 juggalo
Member since 2002 • 135 Posts

I thought Id have a peek around the forums to see if I had gone crazy buit it appears I'm not the only one....it may just be a taste thing....but I hated PGR4.

It felt soul-less and hollow and tad boring compared to 3, and even more so compared to 1 and 2. I just didn'f find the tracks, racing, graphics, colours or online engaging in the way that PGR3 and its prequels had me staying up until 5am racing.

4 just feels incomplete and limited....Kudos and racing seem to have taken a back seat to shininess, really bad bike handling physics and weather effects fluff.

A shame. RIP PGR...you will be missed. Thanks for the memories.

donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts
I prefer PGR2 for some reason and I have all of them.
Avatar image for i_Pwn_TheVuhJay
i_Pwn_TheVuhJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 i_Pwn_TheVuhJay
Member since 2008 • 549 Posts
PGR4 FTW!!.....i likes da rain:D
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

I don't know how I can respond to a post with "cheezier" and "retarted", but gosh almighty...I'll try. To answer your question, I enjoyed PGR4 a hell of a lot more than PGR3. PGR3 got sooo repetitive and they were clearly rushed to get the game out by launch. PGR4 just has more options, more variety, and is an overall better game.

goddamn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 goddamn_
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
PGR 4 is the best in the series
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

It seems PGR4 might be a touch easier than PGR3 at the very least in terms of getting achievements.

I tried to go back to playing PGR3 and the gold and platinum challenges are sooooo hard. :( Especially the damn cone challenges.

But I haven't played PGR4 so I can't say.

goddamn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 goddamn_
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts

I enjoyed PGR4 a hell of a lot more than PGR3. PGR3 got sooo repetitive and they were clearly rushed to get the game out by launch. PGR4 just has more options, more variety, and is an overall better game.BioShockOwnz

The most important - PGR 4 has much better physics then any PGR before. Plus weather effects which affect driving a lot