Anybody else going to be getting Crysis 2 on 360/Ps3?

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ambli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ambli
Member since 2009 • 554 Posts

I know I am.

I think that the graphics on the current gen systems are great enough, to me it looks pretty freakin' amazing to what I was doing back in middle school with the Ps1, so I'm fine with a minor graphics drop.

And Crysis is prefectly suited for a controller. :)

Can't wait to get it!

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

yeah i probably will get it

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Ambli

I actually tried playing Crysis with the 360 gamepad, and there weren't enough buttons to map all of the commands.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
Only because my computer is ancient. Any idea on a release date for Crysis 2?
SerpentX541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 SerpentX541
Member since 2009 • 654 Posts

Nope...Iam getting it on PC.

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

No.

My rig can run Crysis on high with some tweaks, so I have no reason to buy its sequel on consoles. However, if Crysis 2 proves to be more demanding, I'll just wait until I upgrade my computer. Crysis on current generation consoles just doesn't seem appealing at all to me.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

[QUOTE="Ambli"]

Teufelhuhn

I actually tried playing Crysis with the 360 gamepad, and there weren't enough buttons to map all of the commands.

No prone = :(

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
meh..anytime I can get away with using a m/k, that's where I'm going. Plus, Crysis 2 is said to push PC tech, which I'm all for.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Nope, sorry not getting it here. Games made for the sole purpose of technical breakthroughs isn't my taste. Played crysis on a friend's high end PC and even then I wasn't that amazed by the gameplay.

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

[QUOTE="Ambli"]

Teufelhuhn

Well now that they are building it for consoles, I'm sure they can program and fine tune for consoles.

As for the topic, I will be buying for either the 360 or the PS3 (depending on which runs better...although I suspect the 360 will be better since most multiplats seem better on the 360).

I don't have enough juice in my PC to even run this game on medium or low. Crytek should really optimize it's games like the Unreal Engine (which runs pretty well on my computer) or the Source engine (beauty).

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

[QUOTE="Ambli"]

MADVLAD123

Well now that they are building it for consoles, I'm sure they can program and fine tune for consoles.

As for the topic, I will be buying for either the 360 or the PS3 (depending on which runs better...although I suspect the 360 will be better since most multiplats seem better on the 360).

I don't have enough juice in my PC to even run this game on medium or low. Crytek should really optimize it's games like the Unreal Engine (which runs pretty well on my computer) or the Source engine (beauty).

In case you never realised the Source engine and Unreal engine look a lot worst then the Crytek engine. The engine is very well optimized. Problem is that Source and Unreal engines don't have nearly as good physics or wide open areas matched with amazing graphics.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
nope going to get it for pc
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AAllxxjjnn

Nope, sorry not getting it here. Games made for the sole purpose of technical breakthroughs isn't my taste. Played crysis on a friend's high end PC and even then I wasn't that amazed by the gameplay.

PSdual_wielder
Cept, it wasn't made for the sole purpose of technical breakthroughs. It was made to encourage players to play how they wish to play and giving them the tools to do so. How long did you play the game for? 10 minutes?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
My PCs too poor to run it, they say it'll run medium to high on console so sounds ok to me, will wait for the reviews first.
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MADVLAD123

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

bigblunt537

In case you never realised the Source engine and Unreal engine look a lot worst then the Crytek engine. The engine is very well optimized. Problem is that Source and Unreal engines don't have nearly as good physics or wide open areas matched with amazing graphics.

Mass Effect, Unreal Tournament 3, Half Life 2: Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, Portal, etc. All look amazing and can run on my computer. Crysis, on the other hand, can't even run on low.

PS: I can actually run Far Cry 2 pretty well (on high graphics but with only1024x768 resolution and no AA). Even the Dunia engine seems better optimized than Crysis's engine.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AAllxxjjnn
hhikocrazyinpants
Oh you're gonna last long.
123Dan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 123Dan123
Member since 2003 • 14078 Posts
I will prolly. Hopefully they release the first one too for consoles though.
lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts

rolf @ crazyinpants' avatar.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
Nope. Will get it for PC for sure.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

No. Crysis is a PC game as far as I'm concerned.I'll get it on the PC.

Kicker_of_Cans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kicker_of_Cans
Member since 2009 • 444 Posts

No. Crysis is a PC game as far as I'm concerned.I'll get it on the PC.

heretrix
This. Besides playing the original game on a 360 pad is horrible. But that's partly because Crytek poorly mapped the controls.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Am I the only one hoping crysis 2 for consoles is a spin off? that way it wont ruin the pc version.
jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jonnyt61
Member since 2003 • 2147 Posts
I'll be getting it for PC, if I bother to get it at all.
anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

Not me. I don't want to play it on crappy hardware.

bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

PC for me, by then I hope to upgrade my pc again, plus the Xbox 360 looks like crap compared to my pc. (it's running at non-native resolution to be fair)

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

PS3, maybe, it depends...

GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts
Am I the only one hoping crysis 2 for consoles is a spin off? that way it wont ruin the pc version. SAGE_OF_FIRE
im pretty damn sure it is, i mean, they havent even shown the pc cryengine 3, so why the hell do we care?
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

I will prolly. Hopefully they release the first one too for consoles though.123Dan123
The consoles have too little memory to handle the first crysis. The original needs 1gb and the PS3 and 360 only have 256mb each

Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts

Crysis was the first PC game i beat (after 26 years of gaming on consoles exclusively). I used the keyboard and mouse the entire game. Now im playing clear skys and im like sh1*, look at all these buttons on the keyboard i have to memorize lol. I dont know, i will probably get Crysis 2 for pc since thats the platform i first played it on unless theps3/ 360versionsare better somehow...

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 samuraiguns

[QUOTE="123Dan123"]I will prolly. Hopefully they release the first one too for consoles though.Rougehunter

The consoles have too little memory to handle the first crysis. The original needs 1gb and the PS3 and 360 only have 256mb each

Xbox 512mb and PS3 256mb. (well, sort of)

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bigblunt537

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

MADVLAD123

Mass Effect, Unreal Tournament 3, Half Life 2: Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, Portal, etc. All look amazing and can run on my computer. Crysis, on the other hand, can't even run on low.

PS: I can actually run Far Cry 2 pretty well (on high graphics but with only1024x768 resolution and no AA). Even the Dunia engine seems better optimized than Crysis's engine.

Whats your rig like? I don't think its possible to play any Unreal engine based game on high and be unable to play Crysis on low. You are exaggerating like crazy. Also NONE of those games do anything that Crysis does while Crysis can do everything that's being done in those games even better. Look at a player model from one of those games maxed out and compare it to a maxed out player model in Crysis. Also although a great engine of it's time lets please not compare a 8 year old engine(Source) to Crysis because Crysis is easily 3-4 times stronger maybe even more. For me I play Crysis at high-ultra with a constant 30 fps with DX9 at 1680 x 1050. I have a 9800GTX($100) a e5200 OC'd and 4gb of ram. Crysis is very well optimized considering it ran on medium/low on my 7900gs which is why I don't beleive your "low" comment.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
sure in the hell wont, I dont play FPS on consoles, I always buy them for the superior platform the PC plus the console versions are always the dumb down versions and will be lacking many things the PC verson will have
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MADVLAD123

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

bigblunt537

Whats your rig like? I don't think its possible to play any Unreal engine based game on high and be unable to play Crysis on low. You are exaggerating like crazy. Also NONE of those games do anything that Crysis does while Crysis can do everything that's being done in those games even better. Look at a player model from one of those games maxed out and compare it to a maxed out player model in Crysis. Also although a great engine of it's time lets please not compare a 8 year old engine(Source) to Crysis because Crysis is easily 3-4 times stronger maybe even more. For me I play Crysis at high-ultra with a constant 30 fps with DX9 at 1680 x 1050. I have a 9800GTX($100) a e5200 OC'd and 4gb of ram. Crysis is very well optimized considering it ran on medium/low on my 7900gs which is why I don't beleive your "low" comment.

Well I'm not tech savy but I'm not exaggerating. I can play Mass Effect and Unreal on medium-high (with no AA...that crap kills me and 1024x768 resolution) but when I try Crysis it runs like a powerpoint.

I have Vista 64bit if that means anything.

EDIT: Also it's a laptop. It cost like 700 bucks.

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#35 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

Crysis 2 IS going to look like **** on the consoles, so I'm getting it on PC if they ever make the effort of refining the graphics for the latter.

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 samuraiguns

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

bigblunt537

lol wut? The reason we know the code is unoptimized (without computational mathematics), is when we bring in 2 GTX 295's crossfire them and core i7 and crysis on maxed settings bring the dual GPU's and the i7's to there knees...unoptimized much.
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bigblunt537

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

MADVLAD123

Well I'm not tech savy but I'm not exaggerating. I can play Mass Effect and Unreal on medium-high (with no AA...that crap kills me and 1024x768 resolution) but when I try Crysis it runs like a powerpoint.

You can def run it on low if you enable dx9 mode. I have no diea why but dx10 mode kills performance. Crysis is very well optimized though. My old video card which I had 2 eyars ago ran it at medium at your resolution. If you invested $60-$100 you would play it between medium-ultra high depending on your resolution.

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MADVLAD123

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

bigblunt537

You can def run it on low if you enable dx9 mode. I have no diea why but dx10 mode kills performance. Crysis is very well optimized though. My old video card which I had 2 eyars ago ran it at medium at your resolution. If you invested $60-$100 you would play it between medium-ultra high depending on your resolution.

Actually, you might be right. I might've unknowingly had Dx10 on. I'll try and see if that was the cause.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bigblunt537

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

samuraiguns

lol wut? The reason we know the code is unoptimized (without computational mathematics), is when we bring in 2 GTX 295's crossfire them and core i7 and crysis on maxed settings bring the dual GPU's and the i7's to there knees...unoptimized much.

Show me a link? There are many youtube videos with computers weaker then what you speak about that can max the games with 30+ frame rates. Maxing a game by the way doesn't mean it's optimized. Optimized means you can play it with very low end hardware as well as super hardware. In this case it does very well for what is going on in the game.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bigblunt537

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

MADVLAD123

Actually, you might be right. I might've unknowingly had Dx10 on. I'll try and see if that was the cause.

Sicne your using vista Right click on the shortcut "crysis.exe" goto properties and in the target line put -dx9 at the end

It should look like this. "C:Program Files (x86)Electronic ArtsCrytekCrysisBin32Crysis.exe" -dx9

When you start the game press ~ to enable to console and type r_displayinfo 1 and on the top right it should say DX9.

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MADVLAD123

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

bigblunt537

Sicne your using vista Right click on the shortcut "crysis.exe" goto properties and in the target line put -dx9 at the end

It should look like this. "C:Program Files (x86)Electronic ArtsCrytekCrysisBin32Crysis.exe" -dx9

When you start the game press ~ to enable to console and type r_displayinfo 1 and on the top right it should say DX9.

Yea, I already did that to make sure. The game actually does run better. Thanks bro.

xscott1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 xscott1018
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts
maybe, i think i will get it for PC but rent it for 360 to see how it is.
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 samuraiguns

[QUOTE="samuraiguns"][QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

bigblunt537

Show me a link? There are many youtube videos with computers weaker then what you speak about that can max the games with 30+ frame rates. Maxing a game by the way doesn't mean it's optimized. Optimized means you can play it with very low end hardware as well as super hardware. In this case it does very well for what is going on in the game.

I am not talking about low settings, really, I am talking about maxed settings.

when I am talking about bringing the GPU's to its knees I mean not keeping a consistent 85+ fps, but then again you are able to play the game right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WChGF3cRYP4

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bigblunt537

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

[QUOTE="samuraiguns"] lol wut? The reason we know the code is unoptimized (without computational mathematics), is when we bring in 2 GTX 295's crossfire them and core i7 and crysis on maxed settings bring the dual GPU's and the i7's to there knees...unoptimized much.samuraiguns

when I am talking about bringing the GPU's to its knees I mean not keeping a consistent 85+ fps, but then again you are able to play the game right?

Since when did running a game udner 85 fps mean being brought your knees? It ran Crysis perfectly without a hiccup. I don't get the point of the video. I ran Crysis at (ALL)Ultra High 1680 x 1050 with my 8800GT sli OC with my same poopy cpu without AA.

To the other guy np. Glad it helped.

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#45 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts
PC, without a doubt.
Riven02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Riven02
Member since 2005 • 42 Posts

PC. All high graphics games must be bought for PC or its a complete waste

crozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 crozon
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts
got 2 pcs and one laptop that run crysis, now why would i get it for the PS3. PC here for sure.
McManus107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 McManus107
Member since 2008 • 6356 Posts
Most likely I'll be getting it,not much else is catching my attention
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 samuraiguns

[QUOTE="samuraiguns"]

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

bigblunt537

Since when did running a game udner 85 fps mean being brought your knees? It ran Crysis perfectly without a hiccup. I don't get the point of the video. I ran Crysis at (ALL)Ultra High 1680 x 1050 with my 8800GT sli OC with my same poopy cpu without AA.

To the other guy np. Glad it helped.

I guess we have different standards of playability :P
seannn199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 seannn199
Member since 2008 • 1137 Posts

i will