Any plans for sony to make good games like ff7 again?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

i just played the white witch chronicles or whatever game is like a cartoon for kids

basically ff7 was an adult styled game with adults in it an didnt look cartoony

ps3 games aren't living up to the hype at all im not buying any other rpg that looks like a cartoon

i want an rpg to take itself seriously an have good game play an deep leveling complicated combat

sony knock off the kids games man if someone makes a kids game just don't even let them be on ur system till they start making good titles like ff7 an metal gear stop letting these bad rpgs on the system that are like sesame street

i didnt buy this console for cartoons i came to play sony i came to play let me play

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

FF7 isn't a Sony game...

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

I think I read somewhere that sony is gonna try to bring back the ps1 level of difficulty of the games, so thats a start, I really hope they do with their first party games

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

FF7 is not a Sony game.

Also I'd rather have a cartoon game than another Grey and Brown realistic COD style looking game.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

A. Final Fantasy 7 wasn't made by Sony, but SquareSoft (oh how I miss thee).

B. Final Fantasy 7 isn't as good as it once was. Far from it.

C. See both A and B.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

The new FF games are total crap, they don't need to remake an old game. The best game I've played is The Last Remnant. Game is quite difficult in places with more tactics than FF and was made by the same company. Shame the only playable version is the PC version.

DonnaTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DonnaTroy
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

thread backfire.

ps3 had the most exclusives, and the most AAA exclusives last gen. most goty exclusives also. stay jelly. B-)

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@edwardecl said:

The new FF games are total crap, they don't need to remake an old game. The best game I've played is The Last Remnant. Game is quite difficult in places with more tactics than FF and was made by the same company. Shame the only playable version is the PC version.

Indeed, as I understand it the 360 version does'nt have Turbo Mode...... That must be MADDENING!

but year, LR is probably the best last gen JRPG.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Newhopes said:

FF7 isn't a Sony game...

This

Is it just me or topics getting dumber every year?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@Newhopes said:

FF7 isn't a Sony game...

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Well, at least Sony is still making Metal Gear Solid, amirite?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@Newhopes said:

FF7 isn't a Sony game...

This

Is it just me or topics getting dumber every year?

Nah,just ProtossX that came back here.

@donnatroy said:

thread backfire.

ps3 had the most exclusives, and the most AAA exclusives last gen. most goty exclusives also. stay jelly. B-)

PC had more high rated exclusives.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

FF7 was made by Square and released in 1997 on PS1. Just because it's on a Sony system doesn't mean Sony made it.

That said, Sony has a stable of non-kiddy games aging back to the PS1. Where have you been the last 18 years OP?

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

@ProtossX: Any plans for you to research something before creating a thread?

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I actually Lol'ed when reading the garbage the TC spewed.

SQUARESOFT made FF7. Not Sony.

PS3 had great AAA exclusives

Research before posting lies.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

This is so stupid it's almost painful.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

So much FF7 shitting on. It was and still is a good game. TC is really misinformed though.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Judging by the last batch of crap they spilled out..............no.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

FF7 wasn't that great. I don't know what people see in it, but I do know that it is not made by Sony. If sony really wants to futher its lead this gen they should pay square a large check to re make the game in its entirety for ps4.

It would make many people happy if it is done right with some contemporary changes.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

*sigh*

I'm at a loss.

You say FF7 is a good game. You say it's an "adult game." I got news for you.........

IT HAS AGED HORRIBLY!!!!!!!!!

I'm not talking graphically either. It's pretty much standard JRPG trash that gets remembered with way more fondness that it deserves.

1) The story = standard JRPG trash

2) The characters = standard JRPG trash with some fan service thrown in

3) The gameplay = Standard JRPG grind

How is this game good I ask you. I played it. I loved it during the PS1 era. I beat Emerald and Ruby weapons. Then a few years went by and I realized it was shit. Just like the entire FF series and JRPGs as a whole.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Boddicker said:

*sigh*

I'm at a loss.

You say FF7 is a good game. You say it's an "adult game." I got news for you.........

IT HAS AGED HORRIBLY!!!!!!!!!

I'm not talking graphically either. It's pretty much standard JRPG trash that gets remembered with way more fondness that it deserves.

1) The story = standard JRPG trash

2) The characters = standard JRPG trash with some fan service thrown in

3) The gameplay = Standard JRPG grind

How is this game good I ask you. I played it. I loved it during the PS1 era. I beat Emerald and Ruby weapons. Then a few years went by and I realized it was shit. Just like the entire FF series and JRPGs as a whole.

Opinions are like assholes...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#22 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

FF7 wasn't that great. I don't know what people see in it, but I do know that it is not made by Sony. If sony really wants to futher its lead this gen they should pay square a large check to re make the game in its entirety for ps4.

It would make many people happy if it is done right with some contemporary changes.

FF7 was great for its time. You won't really see what the big fuss was unless you played it when it first came out.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghost120x

@Jag85 said:

@Ghost120x said:

FF7 was great for its time. You won't really see what the big fuss was unless you played it when it first came out.

I did and it wasn't better than 5 or 6 to me.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#24  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

@Jag85 said:

@Ghost120x said:

What other console RPG's did you play at that time which you thought was better? Or should I just assume that console RPG's in general just weren't your thing?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#27 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Newhopes said:

FF7 isn't a Sony game...

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Sony didn't make ff7.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ghost120x

I was much more into fighting games at the time. I wouldn't say it was better, but I enjoyed wild arms at the time. Sure it didn't have a massive dev budget like ff7 and I think that is what wins people over these days. When you look at games like Cryisis, Gta v and uncharted, people clamor around because of the great presentation and not much else.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

FF7 was about to release on the... futuristic N64 , the powerhouse that they forgot to implement the most basic technology of its time... CD-ROM.

Therefore game was tooooo big in order to be released on a cartridge therefore Square decided to release it for PS while PS sales were pretty good , had CD-ROM and Sony made a nice deal to Square for exclusivity.

FF7 is squares game , today known as Square-Enix.

PS3 lost final fantasy exclusivity ( main series ) after really poor sales and further struggling after its release ( along with other PS traditional third party exclusives. For example Tekken series ) to competition ( slap in da face )

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#31  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

I was much more into fighting games at the time. I wouldn't say it was better, but I enjoyed wild arms at the time. Sure it didn't have a massive dev budget like ff7 and I think that is what wins people over these days. When you look at games like Cryisis, Gta v and uncharted, people clamor around because of the great presentation and not much else.

Would it be fair to say that you prefer 16-bit JRPGs or 16-bit-esque RPGs (not a bad thing BTW)?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@AzatiS said:

FF7 was about to release on the... futuristic N64 , the powerhouse that they forgot to implement the most basic technology of its time... CD-ROM.

Therefore game was tooooo big in order to be released on a cartridge therefore Square decided to release it for PS while PS sales were pretty good , had CD-ROM and Sony made a nice deal to Square for exclusivity.

PS3 lost final fantasy exclusivity ( main series ) after really poor sales and further struggling after its release ( along with other PS traditional third party exclusives. For example Tekken series ) to competition ( slap in da face )

The N64 was more powerful than the PlayStation; and once the N64 was expanded by the ROM pack, it wasn't even a competition any more.

However, it was throttled by the cartridge like you pointed out; Square needed storage space more than raw power, so they went PlayStation with the game, and asked Sony to co-fund the game.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

@AzatiS said:

The N64 was more powerful than the PlayStation; and once the N64 was expanded by the ROM pack, it wasn't even a competition any more.

However, it was throttled by the cartridge like you pointed out; Square needed storage space more than raw power, so they went PlayStation with the game, and asked Sony to co-fund the game.

Exactly , they made a powerhouse to let out ... the most crucial thing... CD-ROM!! As of competition ... lets not talk about the amount of PSX exclusives vs N64 even if N64 had some tremendously good first party games like Zelda/M64 etc.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

@Jag85 said:

@Ghost120x said:

I could understand not liking it more than FF6 but FF7 is far superior to FF5. So much so its not even funny. For the record too, I think FF5 is the most underated FF game. The combat system is my favourite out of what the ATB system produced in FF.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@Newhopes said:

FF7 isn't a Sony game...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@AzatiS said:

Exactly , they made a powerhouse to let out ... the most crucial thing... CD-ROM!! As of competition ... lets not talk about the amount of PSX exclusives vs N64 even if N64 had some tremendously good games like Zelda/M64 etc.

Yeah, it was stupid, it was the dumbest decision Nintendo has ever made, and it still haunts them to this day.

When I was talking competition, I was talking about pure power, not the library. Admittedly the PlayStation had a great library, although I do prefer N64's library more.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

Thread not going anywhere due to the fact sony did not make FF7. However you might have a topic if you want to base it on how hard games where compared to how easy they are now. I would recommend redoing the thread.