Any new Driver: Parallel Lines (Wii) updates?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts

Just wondering if there has been any new details or updates on the Wii version of Driver: Parallel Lines?

With the release of Godfather:Blackhand Edition and the up coming Scarface:World is Yours on the Wii, and both scoring pretty well and being praised for their controls and new aspects I can't help but think the bar has been raised for Driver. The lack of information on it has me worried as I think it looks interesting. Godfather while I enjoy the movies I'm not really interested in playing in the world or that old of a setting and Scarface is just a bit to much foul language for my taste but looks great (Vice City was my favorite out of the GTA3 games as a result of like of the 80s setting). Driver seems like it would be a nice middle ground on the two in terms of style but I don't have much to go on when it comes to this version and I never checked out the PS2 or Xbox vesions.

Do you think it will hold up to what Godfather and Scarface has brought and will bring to the Wii in terms of these games?

Or do you think it wont be up to their level. It does have the Ubisoft stamp on it so I'm not so sure or feeling well about it.

88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 88Ghost89
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts

I really enjoyed The Godfather: Blackhand, it was so much fun to roam with your created character. The part that I think made me like it the most, was the interaction with other NPCs.

I know what you mean about Scarface and the foul language. I'm not into the gore, languageand ultra violence of that game, but i'll try it out.

Driver looks too be really interesting. More focus on the driving of course, which was sort of weak in The Godfather. This along with No More Heroes...there seem to be a lot of GTA-esk games coming to the Wii...i'll have to try them all.

NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts

I agree, there does seem to be a nice number of GTA styled games on the Wii. It completely voids any stype of statement that GTA couldn't be done on the Wii. It's only graphics that's the issue cause clearly the gameplay can be done and done quite well it seems. I like the Scarface movie but not sure I can deal with an entire game like that no matter how good it is however I'd like to play a game like it which is why I'm interested in playing Driver and finding out more about it.

So does anyone else know if there is any more information on Driver or any words from the developers on it?

Is it just being published by Ubisoft or is it being developed by a team or company of theirs?

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#4 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
The Godfather is a very good game, and Scarface at least looks interesting. Driver, I'm not sold on. The thing with The Godfather is, though not great by any means, it was all ready a pretty good play on the other consoles, the Wii remote just added to it and made it a bit better. I could see the same happening with Scarface, but Driver is a just a horrible game, nothing can be done to save that played out series.