Any idea what this "quality of life" stuff is?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Nintendo and their QOL direction that their heading....is it some fitness program? Or is it a gaming machine that somehow improves your quality of life? I mean how can a gaming machine do that besides having a fitness game?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

Nintendo and their QOL direction that their heading....is it some fitness program? Or is it a gaming machine that somehow improves your quality of life? I mean how can a gaming machine do that besides having a fitness game?

Well, Jim Jones supposedly argued the quality of life of his followers would be better if they drank the Kool Aid. Maybe if Nintendo is truly doomed maybe they're planning a spectacular exit strategy.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

Supposedly using their properties in a manner to improve health. If I were to guess, I'd say this is not at all gaming related.

Hail Iwata, it's a good thing he fights against all those terrible industry practices and keeps us gaming as it's always been.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Probably talking about this gen giving kids a chance to get out more.

Should be alright once thing get settle back into equilibrium.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Who knows with Nintendo, you can be sure I wont care whatever it is though.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

I'm really not sure, but am curious to hear a little more detailed answer. Going off of recent comments by Miyamoto regarding the current state of the industry along with Nintendos game design, I'd guess it deals with drastically venturing away from the current state of the industry--in favor of bringing back the games to games, where you can play a few levels and be done with it. Not saying casual, but back in the day nintendo games really stressed a more musical aspect of gradually challenging the player. ....maybe I'm not sure but playing videogames for 8 hours a day the same genre the same controls the same shit is certainly not healthy.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Who knows with Nintendo, you can be sure I wont care whatever it is though.

Awww, c'mon Heil. You like Mario. Admit it. ADMIT IT!!!!

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

I bet it will be something akin to "Wii Fit."

You know, something to actually get your fat ass off the couch/office chair/bed.

I'm mildly interested to know what it is.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Sounds like the Nintendo "Quality of life" platform may be not related to gaming at all. Nintendo could be trying to find another kind of Blue Ocean with using a "Semi-Game" like device to help in physiotherapy, Exercise/strength training and Brain training like Luminosity.

This Quality of life platform can be hooked up to a television and can be used with computer tablets. Designed to improve a persons Health and well being. It will be much like a videogame console. But is not actually a device to play games. Nintendo has enough experience with Brain age. Which is not a real videogame. Same with the Balance board for the Wii and Wii U. Could be used for physiotherapy for people recovering from strokes and other health issues.

The Quality of life platform will be marketed like Luminosity. "Quality of life training designed to look like games" but it is not a video game console.

Nintendo will still make a portable/handheld game console this time a actual computer tablet. Not near as powerful as an ipad but good enough for the kids. and a Traditional videogame console. And this Quality of life platform which Nintendo hopes to find another Blue ocean crowd. One that it can keep since it is not trying to create new videogame players out of non players.

So the Quality of life platform could work out well for Nintendo. Since the population is aging this is very true in Japan. Where people are not having kids and the population is just getting older.