and they promised us 1080p + 60fps

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

italygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 italygamer
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

but apparently nowadays consoles are not powerful enough.

as the ppl from Insomniac said: you want best graphics, you can have them at 30 fps.

but I don't know you guys, 30 fps really bother my eyes, like they hurt and I get headache. dunno why.

Pc is another story, everything can be much better than the consoles, but then again, for some strange reasons, Pc is not a priority in most of the big devs' mind.

in all honesty, would you guys rather play on Pc if you had the possibility to play every consoles' game or would you just stick to your console/s?

I mean, do people mainly choose consoles because they don't wanna bother with settings? drivers? lack of good games? high system requirements?

KukicAdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 359

#2 KukicAdo
Member since 2008 • 973 Posts

as the ppl from Insomniac said: you want best graphics, you can have them at 30 fps.

but I don't know you guys, 30 fps really bother my eyes, like they hurt and I get headache. dunno why.

Pc is another story, everything can be much better than the consoles, but then again, for some strange reasons, Pc is not a priority in most of the big devs' mind.

in all honesty, would you guys rather play on Pc if you had the possibility to play every consoles' game or would you just stick to your console/s?

I mean, do people mainly choose consoles because they don't wanna bother with settings? drivers? lack of good games? high system requirements?

italygamer
30FPS bother on your eyes eh? Then don't go near any console ever. And better upgrade your video card every year if you want to play the latest games on the highest settings or you will go blind.
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

italygamer

How can you even tell? at 25 FPS, the eyes will be registering it as a smooth moving picture anyways, so you can't really tell a difference between 25 and 90 FPS

pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pitty8982
Member since 2008 • 1072 Posts
but you cannot deny that turning your console on, sprawling on the sofa munching junk food and just wait for the game to load is not a better feeling than sitting in front of a monitor and scramble about settings and appletini
pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pitty8982

[QUOTE="italygamer"]

DoomZaW

How can you even tell? at 25 FPS, the eyes will be registering it as a smooth moving picture anyways, so you can't really tell a difference between 25 and 90 FPS

play a Tekken game at 30 fps. seriously? no.
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

italygamer

they choose consoles do to ignorance concerning those things considering none of them are even things the average pc gamer thinks about.

crazy-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 crazy-player
Member since 2005 • 2909 Posts
but you cannot deny that turning your console on, sprawling on the sofa munching junk food and just wait for the game to load is not a better feeling than sitting in front of a monitor and scramble about settings and appletinipitty8982
You can connect the PC to the TV, and you can use a lot of different controllers. You can't change settings on consoles, can't make it look better, so that's also a plus for PC games.
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

[QUOTE="DoomZaW"]

[QUOTE="italygamer"]

pitty8982

BS play HL2 at 30 fps and then switch to 60+... It's no where near the same. You can even see the difference between 60 and 80.

Kivalede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kivalede
Member since 2009 • 37 Posts
Is there much of a visible difference between 30fps and 60fps?
pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pitty8982

[QUOTE="pitty8982"][QUOTE="DoomZaW"]

bigblunt537

BS play HL2 at 30 fps and then switch to 60+... It's no where near the same. You can even see the difference between 60 and 80.

yeah tell them! there are some games that are not good at 30 fps and you do notice it!
Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jared2720
Member since 2007 • 2200 Posts

[QUOTE="italygamer"]

DoomZaW

This is just simply not true. The difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS is very noticeable for most people.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

[QUOTE="italygamer"]

DoomZaW

faster animations make a world of difference
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 washd123

Is there much of a visible difference between 30fps and 60fps?Kivalede

depends really. with games with a lot of fast paced motion like fighters and racing games yes very yes. platformers to a degree TPS not really so much

pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pitty8982

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frames_per_second#How_many_frames_per_second_can_the_human_eye_see.3F

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
but you cannot deny that turning your console on, sprawling on the sofa munching junk food and just wait for the game to load is not a better feeling than sitting in front of a monitor and scramble about settings and appletinipitty8982
I just click an icon and the game plays, funny that.
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

[QUOTE="pitty8982"] play a Tekken game at 30 fps. seriously? no.pitty8982

yeah tell them! there are some games that are not good at 30 fps and you do notice it!

No where did I say some games aren't good at 30 fps. I think all games are fine at 30 fps, but you can easily see a difference with more frame. To me anything under 30 is trash and shouldn't be released.

pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pitty8982
[QUOTE="pitty8982"]but you cannot deny that turning your console on, sprawling on the sofa munching junk food and just wait for the game to load is not a better feeling than sitting in front of a monitor and scramble about settings and appletiniBirdy09

you didn't catch the irony, did you?
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="pitty8982"]but you cannot deny that turning your console on, sprawling on the sofa munching junk food and just wait for the game to load is not a better feeling than sitting in front of a monitor and scramble about settings and appletinipitty8982

you didn't catch the irony, did you?

No... no I didnt :P thats a conditioning of seeing that statement for real :D
PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 PandaBear86
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts
[QUOTE="KukicAdo"][QUOTE="italygamer"]

30FPS bother on your eyes eh? Then don't go near any console ever. And better upgrade your video card every year if you want to play the latest games on the highest settings or you will go blind.

I have a 9800GX2 graphics card which is like 20 months old. No need to upgrade, it plays Crysis on high witha great framerate.
Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

I think some games should be 30fps to get a more realistic movie feel to it. Fighting games is a must to have at 60fps.

But the most important thing to any game is awoiding fps drops, because that's just annoying. A game at 60fps dropping to 30fps and lower is pointless.

We won't see alot of 60fps games on consoles next gen either, but 1080p native will be standard.

kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts
Devs ignore the pc for two reasons: the market for games is on the consoles, and it is easier to develop for a certain console than thousands of different PC setups. For me personally, I was a pretty hardcore pc gamer. Yeah, there were console games that I liked but it was not enough to make me switch. However, now that I have bought a ps3, I would say that the console experience is a much better gaming experience. To play a console game you stick the disc in the console and play. To play a PC game you install, tinkering around with settings, look around for patches, and more if anything goes wrong -- after that you play. With console gaming I don't worry whether my computer can handle a game, or whether my video card has any particular issues with the particular game. I don't have to consider upgrading every year nor do I have to consider whether the latest software update to my OS or any piece of hardware will conflict with a game. Sure, you sacrifice flexibility, and the latest graphics. But in return you get a streamlined experience where all you have to worry about is playing the game -- and when I play a game, that's all I want to do.
KukicAdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KukicAdo
[QUOTE="kimbokasteniv"]Devs ignore the pc for two reasons: the market for games is on the consoles, and it is easier to develop for a certain console than thousands of different PC setups. For me personally, I was a pretty hardcore pc gamer. Yeah, there were console games that I liked but it was not enough to make me switch. However, now that I have bought a ps3, I would say that the console experience is a much better gaming experience. To play a console game you stick the disc in the console and play. To play a PC game you install, tinkering around with settings, look around for patches, and more if anything goes wrong -- after that you play. With console gaming I don't worry whether my computer can handle a game, or whether my video card has any particular issues with the particular game. I don't have to consider upgrading every year nor do I have to consider whether the latest software update to my OS or any piece of hardware will conflict with a game. Sure, you sacrifice flexibility, and the latest graphics. But in return you get a streamlined experience where all you have to worry about is playing the game -- and when I play a game, that's all I want to do.

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong x 10000 Developers don't develop for hundreds of different setups. LMFAO.
Avatar image for i_am_interested
i_am_interested

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 i_am_interested
Member since 2009 • 1077 Posts
and by "they" do u mean Sony? because mlb09 the show is waiting for you other than that, i dont remember anyone "promising" you anything
the-obiwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 the-obiwan
Member since 2003 • 3747 Posts
the problem with the pc is that is really expensive.
Avatar image for SexySasquatch11
SexySasquatch11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SexySasquatch11
Member since 2008 • 500 Posts

[QUOTE="italygamer"]

Mattizzle815

What a sissy

I think Chuck Norris just laughed

KukicAdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KukicAdo
the problem with the pc is that is really expensive.the-obiwan
$393 Gaming Rig http://www.gamersnexus.net/component/content/article/46-pcbuildupg/246-budget-gamerpc-1209 If you bought your 360 at launch, plus all the live fees up until now, plus accessories such as battery charger you would have payed over $600 easily. ;)
anotherone10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 anotherone10
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

[QUOTE="italygamer"]

DoomZaW

Alot of PC gamers can tell the difference between frame rates such as 60 - 30 fps myself included...

Z0MBIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 Z0MBIES
Member since 2005 • 2246 Posts
I just prefer consoles because they are just a lot less of a hassle, sure you can do everything with a PC and do it better, but I like not having to worry and just plopping on my couch and playing some games.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#31 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Screw that, I'm waiting for 4D that Krazy Ken promised me.:P

Maybe God of War 3 could be that game? Future titles? If you want 1080p games now, look at the PSN games.

Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
Even if you visually couldn't tell the difference (which is dumb because you can) you'd still be able to feel the difference
italygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 italygamer
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

[QUOTE="Mattizzle815"]

[QUOTE="italygamer"]

SexySasquatch11

What a sissy

I think Chuck Norris just laughed

he doesn't even deserve an answer, actually.
pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pitty8982
[QUOTE="the-obiwan"]the problem with the pc is that is really expensive.KukicAdo
$393 Gaming Rig http://www.gamersnexus.net/component/content/article/46-pcbuildupg/246-budget-gamerpc-1209 If you bought your 360 at launch, plus all the live fees up until now, plus accessories such as battery charger you would have payed over $600 easily. ;)

pc is more convenient at the end of the day
Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts
Is there much of a visible difference between 30fps and 60fps?Kivalede
In fighters, fps, and racers yes...there is a big difference IMO
Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts

[QUOTE="italygamer"]

DoomZaW

If you can't tell the difference between 25 and 90fps you need an eye transplant. Even the difference between 25 and 40fps can be easily seen.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I think you would have to have something wrong with your eyes if you can't spot the difference between 30FPS and 60FPS.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

-edit

Never mind, I can see it is at least partially provoked.

dont-read-this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dont-read-this
Member since 2009 • 825 Posts
Trolls here at getting lazy.
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 washd123

the problem with the pc is that is really expensive.the-obiwan

even though the systems are more expensive since theres no one to subsidise them pc gaming can be cheaper than console gaming and usually is due to upgrading instead of buying a new system every gen.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 washd123

I just prefer consoles because they are just a lot less of a hassle, sure you can do everything with a PC and do it better, but I like not having to worry and just plopping on my couch and playing some games.Z0MBIES

hm funny

i dont worry about any of those things and all i do is download off steam plop on my bed and play.

PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PandaBear86
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts

I think you would have to have something wrong with your eyes if you can't spot the difference between 30FPS and 60FPS.

JangoWuzHere
You can in fast paced games, but not so much in slow-paced games where things on the screen move too slow for you to notice anything signicant.
kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts
[QUOTE="KukicAdo"][QUOTE="kimbokasteniv"]Devs ignore the pc for two reasons: the market for games is on the consoles, and it is easier to develop for a certain console than thousands of different PC setups. For me personally, I was a pretty hardcore pc gamer. Yeah, there were console games that I liked but it was not enough to make me switch. However, now that I have bought a ps3, I would say that the console experience is a much better gaming experience. To play a console game you stick the disc in the console and play. To play a PC game you install, tinkering around with settings, look around for patches, and more if anything goes wrong -- after that you play. With console gaming I don't worry whether my computer can handle a game, or whether my video card has any particular issues with the particular game. I don't have to consider upgrading every year nor do I have to consider whether the latest software update to my OS or any piece of hardware will conflict with a game. Sure, you sacrifice flexibility, and the latest graphics. But in return you get a streamlined experience where all you have to worry about is playing the game -- and when I play a game, that's all I want to do.

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong x 10000 Developers don't develop for hundreds of different setups. LMFAO.

You are taking me too literally. I was not suggesting that a game developed for a PC would have to be modified for each possible type of PC setup. I was suggesting that a developer who makes a game for a PC would have to consider the effect any piece of available hardware or software could have on their game.
kingman03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kingman03
Member since 2003 • 5202 Posts

[QUOTE="italygamer"]

DoomZaW

Yes you most definitely can...
destro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 destro123
Member since 2005 • 755 Posts

How do you think companies get you to buy their stuff or politicians get you to vote for them. Lie.

pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pitty8982

How do you think companies get you to buy their stuff or politicians get you to vote for them. Lie.

destro123
that's actually a good point no, actually it's the perfect point
Tauu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Tauu
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts

The PS2 claimed to have graphics equal to CGI cutscenes before it launched. It's funny that even the PS3 doesn't live up to that claim.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
lol - I remember all that BS Sony rhetoric as well, and the truth is that 1080p and 60 fps aren't always practical due to bandwith and hardware limitations... consoles are all about compromises and creative work-arounds... maybe next gen...
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I used to like buying multiplats for the PC, since I could play them on my HDTV at 1920x1080 and with a 360 controller. But it seems like every time I do, it becomes more annoying.

1. Performance can be all over the place
2. Restrictive copy protection is a PITA to work with
3. Feature support isn't guaranteed for things like Live or Steam integration
4. PC versions are now usually delayed by as much as a month
5. Gamepad support isn't universal, or guaranteed to be useful

I often get the idea that the developers don't want me to play the PC version...and I'm getting tired of arguing with them. :P

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

lol - I remember all that BS Sony rhetoric as well67gt500

Although they made some rather ridiculous claims during that conference, I think the single claim that stands out the most is that the PS3 will be 'easy' to work on. Not just easy, super easy, as in everything you know about developing a PC game is instantly applicable to the PS3.

I think out of all their claims; that one just takes the cake.