AMD Celebrates 30 years of Graphics and Gaming Innovation.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

Yay AMD! Congrats on 30 Years of Graphics and Gaming! From the ATI Rage graphics in the early days of the 3D Accelerated Graphics wars all the way the current R9 290/X. Even though I was a nVidia Fanboy back in the early days of 3D Accelerated Graphics with the RIVA 128, only started to use AMD Radeon graphics since 2008 as the price/performance ratio was just too good to give up. Plus the fact that my 17" Gaming Laptop with a nVidia graphics chip died due to nVidia's defective die packaging fiasco, which got me really p***** off but that's another side story. But congrats to AMD previously ATI for all the great hardware they contributed from the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro which IMO was the real GPU to finally take on to soundly beat nVidia's best, to the introduction of the first GPU with DDR5 memory with Radeon HD 4870 to the current Radeon R9 290X which cost half the price of a $1000 Titan (lol those who brought the Titan got ripped off), all the other graphics tech like TessFX, (which is awesome, Lara Croft never looked so beautiful and natural), to introducing Mantle which gives an immediate boost in frames per second and new way of rendering graphics much faster. to now the most powerful Graphics Card on the planet to the Radeon 295 X2. Hope you have another 30 years of great graphics and gaming innovation. Video covers the rundown of Graphics and Gaming over the last 30 years and AMD/ATI's contribution to it. Good stuff if you are a gamer.

BTW, ever wonder where the name Radeon came from? Watch the video below to find out! You may find whoever come up with the idea very interesting. ;)

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Nvidia's Game24 is next week. The 980 should be announced then.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Never had the pleasure to own an AMD/ATI GPU. I've come close a few times with the ATI 4870, and last years 290x. I hope they keep making GPU's for years to come, I also hope they improve because Nvidia needs all the competition it can get. GPU prices are getting out of hand, and the performance increase have diminished.