Alright, so what are your top 10 favorite games of all time?

• 192 results
ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

Off the top of my head in no specific order

Steel battalion

Metal gear solid

Souls series

Elder scrolls

Madden

Ff7

Killzone1-3

Halo1-2

Kenseiden

Legacy of kain

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#153  Edited By drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts
  • Advance Wars Dual Strike
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Portal 2
  • GTA: San Andreas
  • Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Halo 2 (multiplayer)
  • The Last of Us
  • Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings
  • Baten Kaitos Origins

Over a hundred honorable mentions but some off the top of my head:

• POP Sands of Time
  • Rayman 2
  • Eternal Darkness
  • Uncharted 2
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Smash Bros Melee
  • Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
  • Demon's Souls
  • Fire Emblem 7 / Awakening
  • Metroid Prime
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Borderlands / 2
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Donkey Kong 64
  • Banjo Kazooie / Tooie
  • Pokemon RBY

no particular order

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#155  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

1. Half-Life 2 (inc. Episodes)

2. Bioshock

3. Halo series

4. Mass Effect series

5. Portal 2

6. Bioshock Infinite

7. Red Dead Redemption

8. Last of Us

9. Tomb Raider (2013)

10. Civilization V

Runners up: GTA San Andreas, Uncharted 2, Deus Ex HR, Batman Arkham games

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

Can't put them in orden.

Ninja gaiden 2 dark sword of chaos

Castlevania symphony of the night

The revenge of shinobi

The last of us

Dark souls

Ms PAC man

Wonder boy in monster land

Star contol

Return fire

Tribes

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

i) Mass Effect 2
ii) Half Life 2
iii) KoTOR

Beyond that it's not clear.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

xenogear is the best game of all time

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#159 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@Bigboi500: I did, but you didn't read it.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

1: Majoras Mask

everything else doesn't matter

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#161 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15580 Posts

In no order.

Ocarina of Time.

Baldur's gate 2.

World in Conflict.

Metroid Prime.

Prince of Persia Sands of Time.

Ninja Gaiden Black.

SMW2: Yoshi's Island.

Paper Mario.

Natural Selection.

The Lost Mind of Doctor Brain.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Ok now these are my top-10 favorites not my top-10 best...

10. Trials Fusion / Skyrim (can't decide on which to leave out)

9. Diablo 2

8. Perfect Dark 64

7. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

6. Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist of the Roses

5. Resident Evil 4

4. NHL HITZ 2003

3. Mass Effect 3 (all of it but mostly for the multiplayer)

2. Halo 2 (for the campaign)

1. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

EDIT: Damn, forgot the Xenosaga trilogy. Would probably put that at 5 and bump 5-9 up to 6-10 thus kicking out the Trials Fusion / Skyrim debacle.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#163 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts
  1. Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
  2. Maniac Mansion (NES)
  3. Super Mario World (SNES)
  4. Riven (PC)
  5. WipeOut 2097 (PS1)
  6. Shenmue (Dreamcast)
  7. Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita)
  8. Ni No Kuni (PS3)
  9. The Secret of Monkey Island (PC)
  10. Final Fantasy XIV (PS4)
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@The_Deepblue: Yes. The Vita version does add a fair bit of content, and it adds some gameplay fixes that really help the game reach its greatness, but the PS2 version is just fine on its own. It's fundamentally the same game, and outside of Shuffle Time or Persona Fusion skill inheritance, the gameplay changes won't be missed either. I'd say go for it, and it's only $10 on PSN for PS2, if you just wanna go own that route.

If you just want to play Golden, you could maybe just pick up a PlayStation TV (I think that's $99), and play P4G on that instead.

Do you still fight the same 4 enemy models throughout the entire game with the game forcing you to guess each weakness because they never make any damn sense?
Has the XP curve been improved? I remember being over 10 levels underleveled (going by the fact that the party members I recruited were about 10 levels above me.
How about itemization? Do you still need to grind shadows for an hour, because all your weapons are out of date by roughly 2 dungeons and said shadows will not drop the items you need to make the shopkeeper update his stock >.>
Is the pacing still broken resulting in 3 hours before any actual gameplay starts? And several consequetive hours of practically no interesting gameplay at several poritons of the game.

I might give golden a shot if they fixed these glaring issues. But Persona 4 for the PS2 was a 5/10 at best.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#166 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@drinkerofjuice said:

I can only do five:

• Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
  • Ninja Gaiden Black
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • System Shock 2
  • Resident Evil 4

I always forget that in your infinite shitty Canadian Wisdom you've never played anything Metroid. God damn it mooksi.

Quite the contrary actually. Metroid Prime is the greatest game I've never finished. It's a mistake that needs correcting.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

In no particular order:

Tlou

Gta v

Uncharted 2

Tearaway

Rayman legends

Zelda a link between world's

Shenmue 1 and 2

Sonic 2

Mario galaxy 1 and 2

Mario kart 8

Honorable mentions:

Rainbow 6 Vegas

Zelda oot and wind waker

Streets of rage

Super smash bros brawl

Sleeping dogs

Lost planet

Splinter cell

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

This list is hard to do since after all I played throughout my years iv come to enjoy so many. In no real order

REmake

Resident evil 3

Metal Gear Solid 1

Final Fantasy 7

Shadow hearts 2(Part one is still great though and directly ties to part 2 so play it dammit!)

castlevania lament of innocence

No More Heroes

Mortal Kombat 9

jak and daxter 2

Persona 3 FES(The cast is what made me choose it over P4G)

List is always subject to change.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#169  Edited By shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

All time ?1 that's really tough

but i will try (in no order except for number 1):

1. The Last Of Us]
  2. Uncharted 2/3
  3. Batman Arkham Asylam/Origins
  4. RDR
  5. Resident evil 1/2/3/4
  6. God of war 1-3
  7. Crash Bandicoot Warped (Ps1) and JND games (Hated Jak 3 though)
  8. Demon Souls
  9. Fallout 3
  10. Mass Effect 2
  11. Vanquish
  12. Doom 3
  13. Alone in the Dark (Ps1) i'm very sad no one remember it
  14. Evil Dead (Ps1)

i really want to list more ...10 is not enough

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#170  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Maroxad said:

@charizard1605 said:

@The_Deepblue: Yes. The Vita version does add a fair bit of content, and it adds some gameplay fixes that really help the game reach its greatness, but the PS2 version is just fine on its own. It's fundamentally the same game, and outside of Shuffle Time or Persona Fusion skill inheritance, the gameplay changes won't be missed either. I'd say go for it, and it's only $10 on PSN for PS2, if you just wanna go own that route.

If you just want to play Golden, you could maybe just pick up a PlayStation TV (I think that's $99), and play P4G on that instead.

Do you still fight the same 4 enemy models throughout the entire game with the game forcing you to guess each weakness because they never make any damn sense?

Has the XP curve been improved? I remember being over 10 levels underleveled (going by the fact that the party members I recruited were about 10 levels above me.

How about itemization? Do you still need to grind shadows for an hour, because all your weapons are out of date by roughly 2 dungeons and said shadows will not drop the items you need to make the shopkeeper update his stock >.>

Is the pacing still broken resulting in 3 hours before any actual gameplay starts? And several consequetive hours of practically no interesting gameplay at several poritons of the game.

I might give golden a shot if they fixed these glaring issues. But Persona 4 for the PS2 was a 5/10 at best.

This post is beyond hyperbolic, and it's so wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin.

• Persona 4 often recycles enemy models. This is in fact an issue within Persona 4 Golden as well. The game explains this away in the story, but if some recycled models bother you as much, feel free to not play this game. Or any game, really, there is literally no game on the market that won't inevitably recycle the same enemy types (and lol@'4enemymodels')
  • The EXP curve in Persona is not broken. It was never broken, not unless you were playing on the highest difficulty, where the point is that the experience and money yields are halved (while enemy HP is doubled). So if you're playing a game mode that flat out tells you the experience curve is balanced against you, and then you are complaining about the experience curve being broken, then that's your problem, not the game's. The game is otherwise fairly well balanced, and without going out of your way to go grinding, simply by only fighting the enemies who show up in your way, you are well equipped to take on the boss at the end of each dungeon.
    If you are talking about your Personae always being lower leveled than your enemies or your party members: well, yeah that is in fact the point. That's why you fuse higher leveled Personae.
  • You actually don't need to go forging weapons at all, if you know what you re doing. Simply beat the after boss at the end of each dungeon, and you get the best weapon for each character (you also get some extra experience and courage stats. There, that's two of your problems solved in one go).
  • I have nothing to say to you if you cannot appreciate Persona 4's storytelling, maybe it is simply not the game for you. Maybe VNs aren't your genre, but Persona 4 plots itself like a detective novel. It spends the first few hours of the game setting up the story and the suspects, before it hands over control to you. P4G does in fact give you more agency in the beginning, but the question is immaterial to begin with.
    As for 'long segments with no gameplay'- incorrect, there is never any section in P4/G where there is no gameplay. Unless your idea of gameplay is literally just the dungeon crawling, dismissing, for some reason, the entire social sim and VN aspects of the game- which form more than half the total amount of gameplay- then Persona 4 always has some gameplay or the other going on. And if you dislike the game's VN or social sim elements, well, then Persona 4 probably just isn't the game for you, and you stick to traditional MegaTen, which is all dungeon crawling, which is what you seem to want anyway.

Finally, the last 'Persona 4 for the PS2 was a 5/10 at best.' This had me laughing so hard, I actually wondered for a minute if this post wasn't just meant to be a parody, but then I realized, no, you are serious, and that's the sad part. There are a lot of games where what they do simply doesn't appeal to me- like Gran Turismo or The Walking Dead, but I still concede that they are quality games, and score them accordingly. The fact that you are, in spite of the game not being to your tastes, simply not willing to recognize that Persona 4 is an extremely well crafted game, and is objectively actually pretty damn great, is really sad on a lot of levels.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#171  Edited By jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

1. World of Warcraft (PC)

2. Dark Souls (PC)

3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

4. Diablo 2 (PC)

5. Super Mario World (SNES)

6. Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

7. Resident Evil 4 (PS2)

8. Doom (PC)

9. The Last of Us (PS3)

10. Pokemon Silver (GBC)

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#172 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

1. Demon Souls

2. Infamous

3. Mass Effect 2

4. Super Metroid

5. Links Awakening

6. Mega Man 2

7. Boarder Lands 2

8. Planescape

9. Bioshock

10. Baldur's gate 2

11. Final Fantasy 1

12. Super Mario Bros 3

13. Double Dragon 2

14. Contra

15. Castlevania

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

My top 10 changes every day, but today I feel like putting in the following

1. X-COM: UFO Defense
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
  3. Guild Wars 1
  4. Tactics Ogre: LUCT
  5. WarCraft 3
  6. StarCraft
  7. Civilization 4
  8. The Sims 2
  9. Master of Magic
  10. Rise of Nations (Thanks Charizard for recommending me this)
@charizard1605 said:

This post is beyond hyperbolic, and it's so wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin.

• Persona 4 often recycles enemy models. This is in fact an issue within Persona 4 Golden as well. The game explains this away in the story, but if some recycled models bother you as much, feel free to not play this game. Or any game, really, there is literally no game on the market that won't inevitably recycle the same enemy types (and lol@'4enemymodels')
  • The EXP curve in Persona is not broken. It was never broken, not unless you were playing on the highest difficulty, where the point is that the experience and money yields are halved (while enemy HP is doubled). So if you're playing a game mode that flat out tells you the experience curve is balanced against you, and then you are complaining about the experience curve being broken, then that's your problem, not the game's. The game is otherwise fairly well balanced, and without going out of your way to go grinding, simply by only fighting the enemies who show up in your way, you are well equipped to take on the boss at the end of each dungeon.
    If you are talking about your Personae always being lower leveled than your enemies or your party members: well, yeah that is in fact the point. That's why you fuse higher leveled Personae.
  • You actually don't need to go forging weapons at all, if you know what you re doing. Simply beat the after boss at the end of each dungeon, and you get the best weapon for each character (you also get some extra experience and courage stats. There, that's two of your problems solved in one go).
  • I have nothing to say to you if you cannot appreciate Persona 4's storytelling, maybe it is simply not the game for you. Maybe VNs aren't your genre, but Persona 4 plots itself like a detective novel. It spends the first few hours of the game setting up the story and the suspects, before it hands over control to you. P4G does in fact give you more agency in the beginning, but the question is immaterial to begin with.
    As for 'long segments with no gameplay'- incorrect, there is never any section in P4/G where there is no gameplay. Unless your idea of gameplay is literally just the dungeon crawling, dismissing, for some reason, the entire social sim and VN aspects of the game- which form more than half the total amount of gameplay- then Persona 4 always has some gameplay or the other going on. And if you dislike the game's VN or social sim elements, well, then Persona 4 probably just isn't the game for you, and you stick to traditional MegaTen, which is all dungeon crawling, which is what you seem to want anyway.

Finally, the last 'Persona 4 for the PS2 was a 5/10 at best.' This had me laughing so hard, I actually wondered for a minute if this post wasn't just meant to be a parody, but then I realized, no, you are serious, and that's the sad part. There are a lot of games where what they do simply doesn't appeal to me- like Gran Turismo or The Walking Dead, but I still concede that they are quality games, and score them accordingly. The fact that you are, in spite of the game not being to your tastes, simply not willing to recognize that Persona 4 is an extremely well crafted game, and is objectively actually pretty damn great, is really sad on a lot of levels.

• In Nocturne, or hell any proper SMT that isnt persona, each enemy had its own model. I have nothing against the same enemy type being used, but in Persona 4. So many enemy different enemy types used the same model. Persona 4 did it to the point where I had to consider it unacceptable. I said 4 because I remember 4 models, that being the dice, the table, the ball with a tounge and the police officer with the key in the middle. I am not counting bosses in that, because each boss did have their own model.
  • In a good Shin Megami Tensei game, it is near impossible to be underlevelled, if you do enter an area 5 levels below or less what the game balanced it for, you will gain such huge amounts of EXP you will hit level up after pretty much every battle. This was NOT the case for the PS2 verison of Persona 4 from what I noticed.
  • The game was easy, but when it took over 30 minutes to defeat Shadow Teddie, because my characters barely scratched him despite buffs and debuffs, something was fundamentally wrong. On the bright side, Yukiko's weapon at the end of the first dungeon was nice. Barely did any damage to late game enemies, but that charm effect on it was really useful. That said, the rest of the weapons became obsolete before the upcoming dungeon was even finished, at least in the PS2 version.
  • I never said Persona 4's storytelling was bad, I said that the beginning and during the summer there was some serious pacing issues, but I heard that Persona 4 Golden did add new events, so maybe that was fixed. Persona 4's storytelling did shine in some parts. My definitino of gameplay means interactivity that does not involve only pressing the A button to go to the next piece of dialogue. None of the things the player would say was of any meaning outside of the right choice which gave increased bonuses. Compare this to actual visual novels and adventure games, where there might not be a right choice but rather multiple choices which lead to different outcomes, which may be favorable depending on what hte player wants.

You are assuming that I gave it a 5/10 that on an objective level, but I didn't, that is on a personal/subjective level, on an objective level the game would be a 7/10. Great storytelling and a good concept let down by weak dungeon crawling sections and some questionable design choices. As a Life Sim, I would rather play Princess Maker 2, as a dungeon crawler I would rather play Nocturne.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#174 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Finally, the last 'Persona 4 for the PS2 was a 5/10 at best.' This had me laughing so hard, I actually wondered for a minute if this post wasn't just meant to be a parody, but then I realized, no, you are serious, and that's the sad part. There are a lot of games where what they do simply doesn't appeal to me- like Gran Turismo or The Walking Dead, but I still concede that they are quality games, and score them accordingly.

This part is hokum

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#175 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@drinkerofjuice said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@drinkerofjuice said:

I can only do five:

• Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
  • Ninja Gaiden Black
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • System Shock 2
  • Resident Evil 4

I always forget that in your infinite shitty Canadian Wisdom you've never played anything Metroid. God damn it mooksi.

Quite the contrary actually. Metroid Prime is the greatest game I've never finished. It's a mistake that needs correcting.

Correct this silly failure as a human being so Zelda can take its rightful place: below Metroid.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts
  1. Fallout Series(mainly 3)
  2. Super Mario RPG
  3. Mass Effect
  4. Majora's Mask
  5. Persona 4 Golden
  6. COD 4/Black Ops
  7. FF7
  8. Dark Souls
  9. Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
  10. Persona 3
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#177 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

In terms of sheer play time:

1. Age of Empires II
  2. Super Metroid
  3. Gran Turismo 3
  4. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  5. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  6. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  7. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
  8. Dark Souls
  9. Mirror's Edge
  10. Metroid Prime

Top-5 most memorable:

1. Super Metroid
  2. Shadow of the Colossus
  3. Dark Souls
  4. Metroid Prime
  5. Mirror's Edge
KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

In no order.

• World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
  • Warcraft 3
  • Diablo 2
  • Demon's Souls
  • The Last of Us
  • Jak and Daxter
  • Halo: Combat Evolved
  • Metal Gear Solid 3
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • Shadow of the Colossus
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#179 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

The only definitive list:

1. The Last of Us

2. Uncharted 2

3. Red Dead Redemption

4. GTA 5

5. Super Mario Galaxy 2

6. Skyrim

7. Assassins Creed 2

8. Batman Arkham City

9. Mass Effect 2

10. The World Ends With You

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1560 Posts
  1. Okami
  2. Spyro ps1 trilogy
  3. Dark Souls
  4. God of War II
  5. Antichamber
  6. Crimson Skies
  7. Red Dead Redemption
  8. Bioshock
  9. Shadow of the Colossus
  10. Infamous

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
  1. Zone of the Enders 2
  2. Galactic Civilization 2
  3. Freespace 2
  4. Homeworld 2
  5. Crystalis
  6. Persona 3 (4 is just as good and mechanically better but i enjoy the cast of 3 a bit more)
  7. Lunar: Silver Star Story
  8. Fallout 2
  9. Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
  10. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC

Honorable Mentions:

1. Quake 3
  2. Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram
  3. Sins of a Solar Empire
  4. Final Fantasy: Tactics
  5. Planescape: Torment
  6. Everquest 2
  7. Elite Beat Agents
  8. C&C: Red alert
  9. Space Harrier
  10. Megaman 2
mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

In no particular order:

Bioshock Infinite - PC

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox

Uncharted 2 & 3 - PS3

Rally Sport Challenge - Original Xbox

GRAW Multiplayer - Xbox 360

Uncharted Golden Abyss - Vita

Madden NFL '95 - Sega Genesis

Sega Football 2K5 - Original Xbox

Coach K College Basketball - Sega Genesis

Fallout 3 - Xbox 360

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

@charizard1605: I like your list man, because it includes a good variety of genres.

Mine doesn't... I just like FPS and RTS more than any other genre

• Donkey Kong Country 2
  • Age of Empires (with the Rise of Rome expansion)
  • Age of Empires II (with the Conquerers expansion)
  • Age of Mythology (with the Titans expansion)
  • Company of Heroes 2
  • Red Orchestra 2
  • Return To Castle Wolfenstein
  • Half Life
  • Dishonored
  • Left 4 Dead 2

Honorable mentions:

• Crysis
  • The Last of Us
  • Alan Wake
  • Age of Empires III (with expansions)
  • Rise of Nations
  • Portal 2
  • Half Life 2
  • GTA 2
  • GTA Vice City
  • Bioshock 2
  • Mario Kart Double Dash
  • Zelda: The Wind Waker
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 R4gn4r0k

@mgools said:

Great game. Incredible that Vita could pull something like that off... but what did you think of the final boss fight ?

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@mgools said:

Great game. Incredible that Vita could pull something like that off... but what did you think of the final boss fight ?

I liked the final boss fight. Good use of the touch controls. Much easier to take down the General than the final guy in Uncharted 2. And I agree...One great looking game. I thought it was very underrated. But then again I actually bought the Vita because I wanted some more Uncharted.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@mgools said:

I liked the final boss fight. Good use of the touch controls. Much easier to take down the General than the final guy in Uncharted 2. And I agree...One great looking game. I thought it was very underrated. But then again I actually bought the Vita because I wanted some more Uncharted.

While I do think the game was great the use of touch screen came of as unnecessary. I never used it to climb or fight or anything. I did use the gyroscope to balance, that was nice.

Not a fan of the final boss fight either... But it's not like other Uncharted games had much better boss fights.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts
  • OOT
  • Half Life 2
  • RE 4
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Metroid Prime
  • Banjo-Tooie
  • Blaster Master
  • Dead Space
  • Xenoblade
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#188 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

1 MGS4(PS3)2 RE REMAKE( GC) 3 lastof us( PS3&PS4) 4 RDR(PS3&360) MGS3 (PS2) 6 resident evil code veronica (DC) 7 shenmue ( DC) 8 xenoblade (wii) 9 final fantasy 10(ps2) 10 ninja gaiden (xbox) 11 ni no kuni (ps3) 12 skyrim (ps3&360) 13 demons souls (ps3) 14 dark souls (ps3&360) 15 GTA V (ps3&360) 16 mass effect 2(ps3&360) 17 orange box (xbox360) 18 halo 4 (xbox 360) 19 resident evil 4 ( GC) 20 uncharted 2 (ps3) 21 zelda WW (GC) 22 shenmue 2 (xbox&DC) 23 batman AC (PS3) 24 fallout 3(xbox 360) 25 doom 3 (xbox&xbox360) 26 ridick (xbox) 27 jack and daxter (ps2) 28 rayman legends (xbox 360) 29 splinter cell chaos theory (xbox) 30 tomb raider 2013(ps3&360&ps4)

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#189  Edited By chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I am gonna list it one game per franchise since Mario or Zelda might take up most of the list.

1.Super Mario World: The introduction of Yoshi and the amount of Secret Exits made it easy to pick it as the best Mario game.

2.Zelda the Wind Waker: Loved the artstyle while it wasn't perfect I loved the charm the game had and it just holds up so well today.

3.Resident Evil 4:Yes I have played the older games and whilst they were excellent RE4 just practically invented the over the shoulder view and smooth gameplay. It wasn't perfect but it had some cool moments. Shame it went downhill after this.

4.Metal Gear Solid 3: One series that I was skeptical about playing but after playing this the series just became godly to me. Amazing characters,brilliant boss battles and one of the best soundtracks around amazing.

5.Uncharted 2: This game turned Naughty Dog from just another Sony Developer to a brilliant developer. It corrected certain things like kicking out the SixAxis controls and just went flat out. The Train Section,The Plane Chase. The pacing was fantastic and multiplayer was a nice little extra too.

6.Sonic the Hedgehog 2: To me this was Sonics finest hour and while many argue Sonic 3 and Knuckles is better I felt number 2 was. New things introduced like the Spin Dash,Tails and a Bonus for collecting the Chaos Emeralds Super Sonic.

7.The Last of Us: To me if you own a PS3 or PS4 now and haven't played this game then run out and buy it and if you didn't like it something is wrong with you. The story has so many emotions and the interaction between characters is just amazing how they react to each other. Plus the gameplay is second to none.

8.Metroid Prime: The graphics,the atmosphere and the overall experience. The bosses were well designed and the puzzles and just the way things went like lava going Samus Visor.

9.Mass Effect 2:Without a doubt a game that certainly made playing the series worth it. While number 1 had a fairly good story the game felt a bit wonky but the sequel fixed this. A bigger set of team mates to choose from,Loyalty Missions and the chance to charm someone made this an instant winner for me.

10.Shadow of the Colossous: Whilst the worlds empty the Colossous were not it was like a game of boss battles and what made them good is none of them were ever the same. Air,Water,Sand you name it there was a colossous using certain areas to fight you. Every one was a puzzle. Again a excellent soundtrack as well.

Avatar image for kieran_whitwell
Kieran_Whitwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Kieran_Whitwell
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

1. Seek and destroy PS2

2.Minecraft Xbox360

3. Darksiders Xbox360

4.Halo Reach Xbox360

5.Gears of War 2 Xbox360

6.Gears of War 3 Xbox 360

7.Gears of War Xbox 360

8.Gears of War Judgment Xbox360

9. TES V Skyrim Xbox360

10.Fallout 3 Xbox360

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#191  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

Lol im doing a top 50. at work right now so this is a list from a couple months back.

FYI- even though im over 30, i didnt really get into gaming until after hs (2000-2001 ish) so thats why a lot of games on my list are newer gen games...

1. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2- Sith Lords (Xbox/pc)

2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare( multi-plat)

3. Shining Force (Genesis)

4. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox/pc)

5. Counter Strike pre 1.6 (pc)

6. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (ps2)

7. Final Fantasy X (ps2)

8. Age of Empires 2: Age of Kings (pc)

9. Tony Hawk Pro Skater (ps1)

10. Gran Turismo (ps1)

11. Mass Effect 2 (multi plat)

12. Tekken 2 (ps1)

13. Command And Conquer (pc)

14. God of War (ps2)

15. Dragon Age: Origins (multi plat)

16. Final Fantasy 7 (ps1)

17. Royal Rumble (Snes)

18. Pokemon: Yellow Version (gbc)

19. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: the arcade game (arcade/nes)

20. Battle City (Nes)

21. Assassins Creed 2 (multi plat)

22. Streets Of Rage 2 (genesis)

23. God Of War 3 (ps3)

24. Call of Duty (pc)

25. Excite Bike (nes)

26. Borderlands (multi plat)

27. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (ps3)

28. Kingdom Hearts (ps2)

29. Super Mario Bro. 3 (Nes)

30. Skate (ps3/xbox 360)

31. Shining Force 2 (genesis)

32. Assassins Creed (multi plat)

33. Batman: Arkham Asylum (multi plat)

34. Gran Turismo 3: A spec (ps2)

35. Killer Instinct (Snes)

36. Prince of Persia: sands of time (multi plat)

37. Batman: Arkham City (multi plat)

38. X-men (Genesis)

39. Street fighter 2(multi plat)

40. Resident Evil (ps1)

41. Top Gear (Snes)

42. Journey (psn)

43. Legend of Kage (Nes)

44. Red Dead Redemption (multi plat)

45. Mass Effect 3 (multi plat)

46. Super Mario RPG (Snes)

47. Tetris (Gb)

48. Fight Night 2004 (multi plat)

49. Super Mario Bro. (Nes)

50. Jade Empire (xbox/pc)

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

This is going to be extremely difficult; I'm not putting these in order because that is impossible for me to choose. I could put nearly all Valve games on my list, but I'm trying to break it up.

Final Fantasy VIII

Resident Evil(PS1)

Half Life 2

Super Mario bros. 3

Metal Gear Solid(PS1)

Xenogears

Vagrant Story

Mega Man x4

Sonic 2

L4D(because I'm still playing it on a regular basis several years after release.)

Honorable mentions; Gears, Oblivion, FO3, SFII, MK II, SFIV, MK9, The Legend of Zelda, Mass Effect 2, Breath of Fire III, etc. I feel really old after looking through some of these lists lol.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#193 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts
  1. Halo 2 (PC,XBOX,XONE)
  2. Batman: Arkham City (PC,PS3,X360)
  3. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PC,XBOX)
  4. Halo: Combat Evolved (PC,XBOX,XBOX,X360,XONE)
  5. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC,PS3,X360)
  6. The Last of Us (PS3,PS4)
  7. Tomb Raider (PC,PS3,PS4,X360,XONE)
  8. Bioshock (PC,PS3,X360)
  9. Dino Crisis 2 (PC,PS)
  10. Bioshock: Infinite (PC,PS3,X360)