Admit it, PC+PS4 the way to go.

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="blackace"] For a TRUE GAMER the best way to go is XBox 720 + PS4 + Wii U+ PC + 3DS + PSVita. With this set up, there's no way you lose. lol!! I've been a winner since PONG was released.

Thank you Microsoft, Nintendo & Sony.

Thank you all 8000+ developers who will be making great games for all these platforms.

Lionheart08

There is no way you can keep up with all the games if you own all the platforms. It's just impossible unless you literally do nothing besides play games. I barely had enough free time just to handle the PC/PS3 libraries. Throw on every other platform and I'm just pissing money in the wind.

I agree. I tried the multi console setup before and I ended up not having time to consistently play both. Add that plus work/school and family/friends and I don't see how people find the time to play so many different platforms.

I've been doing it for years. Still have my NES, SNES, Turbographix, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Nomad, GameGear, Lynx, Gameboy, GBA, DS, 3DS, etc.., etc.. As Mark Henry would say, "That's what I do!!!"
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Naw.... PC would do the multiplats better than the PS4. PC/Wii U is the way to go. That way you get the best multiplats and the clear cut best exclusives as well.

StrongBlackVine

Nope Mario, Pokemon and Zelda don't appeal to every one.

But they do. Zelda to a far lesser extent, but the others definitely do.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 blackace

[QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]There is no way you can keep up with all the games if you own all the platforms. It's just impossible unless you literally do nothing besides play games. I barely had enough free time just to handle the PC/PS3 libraries. Throw on every other platform and I'm just pissing money in the wind.StrongBlackVine

I agree. I tried the multi console setup before and I ended up not having time to consistently play both. Add that plus work/school and family/friends and I don't see how people find the time to play so many different platforms.

I agree too. People who have time to game a lot on all platforms must not be doing anything else with their lives.

Hhhmm.. no. I have a wife and daughter. We do things together all the time. Some people can do it, some people can't. I just play on certain days for a certain amount of time. Plus I have 3 days off one week and 4 days off the next week. I still get to play what I want and don't miss out on anything worth playing.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 blackace

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Naw.... PC would do the multiplats better than the PS4. PC/Wii U is the way to go. That way you get the best multiplats and the clear cut best exclusives as well.

ChubbyGuy40

Mario Kart (Wii) along outsold just about every game on the market. Sold like 14.5 million in the U.S. and over 30 million globally. Yeah, there's a little bit of a martet for that I'd say.
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

ChubbyGuy40

I have zero interest in Mario Brothers and Pokemon at this point. Zelda and Metroid would the IPs that I would want. Not enough to buy a Nintendo console though.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

blackace

Mario Kart (Wii) along outsold just about every game on the market. Sold like 14.5 million in the U.S. and over 30 million globally. Yeah, there's a little bit of a martet for that I'd say.

Every one keeps using Wii numbers like the Wii U will close to half of those. It is not happening.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

at the moment it looks like pc + wiiu + 720 is the best combo. ps4 is not only already outdated by today's standards, but also brings nothing innovative to warrant a purchase. hopefully sony comes up with something interesting soon. :(

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="blackace"] For a TRUE GAMER the best way to go is XBox 720 + PS4 + Wii U+ PC + 3DS + PSVita. With this set up, there's no way you lose. lol!! I've been a winner since PONG was released.

Thank you Microsoft, Nintendo & Sony.

Thank you all 8000+ developers who will be making great games for all these platforms.

blackace
There is no way you can keep up with all the games if you own all the platforms. It's just impossible unless you literally do nothing besides play games. I barely had enough free time just to handle the PC/PS3 libraries. Throw on every other platform and I'm just pissing money in the wind.

I only play a couple games on PC and will play multiplats on only one of the consoles. Everything else I'll just play any exclusives that are worth playing. I'm not going to play every single game. Just the ones that I like and are worth playing. I have almost nothing but exclusives on the PS3 and only the good ones. Same with the Wii.

I just accept the fact that there are games I will never own because I just don't have enough time. For example, I would probably enjoy the Gears of War and Halo games on 360, but I'm not going to go spend $350 +$60 for Live + the cost of all the games just to play 2 series'. As I do now, my PC is for PC exclusives, 360 games that are not on PS3, and all other multiplats, while my PS3 is used for exclusives and multiplats that don't make it to PC. Both Wii and 360 offer games that I'd enjoy, but there is just no way I'm willing to invest the time or money to play them all. I feel like I'd almost feel rushed through all my games just so I could move onto the next one.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]There is no way you can keep up with all the games if you own all the platforms. It's just impossible unless you literally do nothing besides play games. I barely had enough free time just to handle the PC/PS3 libraries. Throw on every other platform and I'm just pissing money in the wind.BPoole96
I only play a couple games on PC and will play multiplats on only one of the consoles. Everything else I'll just play any exclusives that are worth playing. I'm not going to play every single game. Just the ones that I like and are worth playing. I have almost nothing but exclusives on the PS3 and only the good ones. Same with the Wii.

I just accept the fact that there are games I will never own because I just don't have enough time. For example, I would probably enjoy the Gears of War and Halo games on 360, but I'm not going to go spend $350 +$60 for Live + the cost of all the games just to play 2 series'. As I do now, my PC is for PC exclusives, 360 games that are not on PS3, and all other multiplats, while my PS3 is used for exclusives and multiplats that don't make it to PC. Both Wii and 360 offer games that I'd enjoy, but there is just no way I'm willing to invest the time or money to play them all. I feel like I'd almost feel rushed through all my games just so I could move onto the next one.

Sometimes I feel like that with just one console.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#110 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

at the moment it looks like pc + wiiu + 720 is the best combo. ps4 is not only already outdated by today's standards, but also brings nothing innovative to warrant a purchase. hopefully sony comes up with something interesting soon. :(

KarateeeChop

And somehow the Wii-U isn't?

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

For me I only need the PS3 and PS4 to survive. Xbox 360 has a few cool exclusives, but nothing all that great.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

Lionheart08

All he does is bash the PS4 to bait people. Don't respond.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 blackace

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

StrongBlackVine

Every one keeps using Wii numbers like the Wii U will close to half of those. It is not happening.

I don't think it will reach Wii numbers either, but the system has only been out for about 6 months now. Anything can happen within the next 2 years. Everyone called the 3DS and PS3 a failure too and both have bounced back, so..... Don't judge something so quickly. If sales are still poor a couple years from now, then we'll know.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="blackace"] I only play a couple games on PC and will play multiplats on only one of the consoles. Everything else I'll just play any exclusives that are worth playing. I'm not going to play every single game. Just the ones that I like and are worth playing. I have almost nothing but exclusives on the PS3 and only the good ones. Same with the Wii. StrongBlackVine

It definitely happens with me as well. I want to playthrough Bioshock Infinite on 1999 Mode but I also have XCOM, Sleeping Dogs, God of War Ascension, Metal Gear Rising, and Civ 5 to play. If I owned a Wii U and 360, I'd also have Lego City and Gears Judgement to play. The backlog would just get out of control so I think it's best to just pick 2 platforms that best suit your preferences and stick to it. Maybe throw in a handheld if you travel a lot.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 blackace

[QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

StrongBlackVine

There are others on here that do nothing but bash the M$ and the XBox. So we probably shouldn't respond to them either right?
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 blackace

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]I just accept the fact that there are games I will never own because I just don't have enough time. For example, I would probably enjoy the Gears of War and Halo games on 360, but I'm not going to go spend $350 +$60 for Live + the cost of all the games just to play 2 series'. As I do now, my PC is for PC exclusives, 360 games that are not on PS3, and all other multiplats, while my PS3 is used for exclusives and multiplats that don't make it to PC. Both Wii and 360 offer games that I'd enjoy, but there is just no way I'm willing to invest the time or money to play them all. I feel like I'd almost feel rushed through all my games just so I could move onto the next one.BPoole96

It definitely happens with me as well. I want to playthrough Bioshock Infinite on 1999 Mode but I also have XCOM, Sleeping Dogs, God of War Ascension, Metal Gear Rising, and Civ 5 to play. If I owned a Wii U and 360, I'd also have Lego City and Gears Judgement to play. The backlog would just get out of control so I think it's best to just pick 2 platforms that best suit your preferences and stick to it. Maybe throw in a handheld if you travel a lot.

Everyone has their own ways. Opinions vary. Not everyone has the time or money to play games on multiple systems. Being someone who has worked in the business, I'm pretty good at juggling games and systems to my needs.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#117 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I'd say that's a pretty solid combo. I game on PC about 99.9% of the time, and will hopefully be building a new system at some point this year. Over the last several years, the PS3 is only console that had any exclusives games that interested me, and I got to play those because I've always had access to a PS3 through some friend. Maybe in a few years, after there's a huge lineup of games, and if none of my friends have got one yet, I might get a PS4.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

blackace

There are others on here that do nothing but bash the M$ and the XBox. So we probably shouldn't respond to them either right?

Tessellation and KarateChop troll with no intentions of a real discussion. I don't like M$ or Nintendo at the moment, but anything I say I really mean it. I don't generally post things just to bait people.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#119 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
PS4/WiiU/3DS for me when I eventually make the leap to next generation consoles in about 2 or 3 years.
RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 RickTophen
Member since 2011 • 487 Posts
PS4 is a powerhouse.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
Seems like the best combo to me
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

A topic needs more than a gif for discussion basis.