Adam Sessler's Soapbox: Dear Halo Haters......

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/679947/Sesslers_Soapbox_Dear_Halo_Haters.html

Pay especially close attention to the very end. ;)

demon565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 demon565
Member since 2005 • 5167 Posts
LMAO nice one adam.
BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts
lol Nice.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
hahaha yessss.... thank you i really am getting tired of ppl bashing Halo 3.... i loved the ending...
nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts

Adam speaks the truth.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I never thought fanboys/fangirls would ever try and use Adam Sessler's opinions as some kind of ownage here in SW.

SDog624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SDog624
Member since 2003 • 2032 Posts
he said it quiet and fast almost as if he was too scared. wasnt even that funny, but he has a point.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

I never thought fanboys/fangirls would ever try and use Adam Sessler's opinions as some kind of ownage here in SW.

Nike_Air

I don't think it's ownage... just what he's saying is true. People wanna knitpick but Halo 3 is amazing end of story.

And 9.5 is AAA average on sites is pretty much all the ownage any fanboy needs

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/679947/Sesslers_Soapbox_Dear_Halo_Haters.html

Yellow_Rose
G4 doesn't do PC games so obviously Halo 3 is amazing to them if they can't compare it old FPS. unlike many Halo haters i'm not knocking the game i've always said it's a good game, it's just not the best game or most original and i can live without it, i've said it many times Halo is a good game. but it's not original and i like other FPS more.
axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts
funny and true, EAT IT!!!
MrNemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MrNemesis
Member since 2004 • 3084 Posts
It was pretty funny but he lost all respect when he said the first halo was revolutionary -_- that just comes off as him being another fanboy because it doesn't have the best control scheme, it wasn't revolutionary when it came out. Noted it was fun and not a bad game at all but it does not deserve its massive hype.
Mark36111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mark36111
Member since 2004 • 563 Posts
[QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]

peacebringer

G4 doesn't do PC games so obviously Halo 3 is amazing to them if they can't compare it old FPS. unlike many Halo haters i'm not knocking the game i've always said it's a good game, it's just not the best game or most original and i can live without it, i've said it many times Halo is a good game. but it's not original and i like other FPS more.

Xplay reviews PC games.

MrPostman4Chi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrPostman4Chi
Member since 2006 • 1219 Posts

I love Adam,becuz he only speaks the TRUTH.

BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts

[QUOTE="Son_of_Some"]So he's saying that people who don't like Halo3 should go suck a dick?Swiftie101

No, he's saying that people who don't like Halo 3 because of minor flaws that they constantly complain about should suck a dick.

Listening comprehension, need to work on it people.
SpaceDragonMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SpaceDragonMan
Member since 2007 • 1502 Posts

It was pretty funny but he lost all respect when he said the first halo was revolutionary -_- that just comes off as him being another fanboy because it doesn't have the best control scheme, it wasn't revolutionary when it came out. Noted it was fun and not a bad game at all but it does not deserve its massive hype.MrNemesis

Who the hell are you to decide that? I bet you didn't even play it when it came out. Halo CE was just as revolutionary as games like MGS....

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

kcpp2b

I don't think it's ownage... just what he's saying is true. People wanna knitpick but Halo 3 is amazing end of story.

People nitpick at all games , why should Halo 3 be exempt ? Great scores are irrelevant. If people can criticise Metal Gear Solid 2 , Zelda TP , Bioshock , God of War , GTA SA , Gears of War, etc ..... then why not Halo 3 ?

Big_Boss465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Big_Boss465
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts
haha, go Sessler.
SpaceDragonMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SpaceDragonMan

[QUOTE="Son_of_Some"]So he's saying that people who don't like Halo3 should go suck a dick?Swiftie101

No, he's saying that people who don't like Halo 3 because of minor flaws that they constantly complain about should suck a dick.

Either way, He wants people to suck dick...there's no way around that....

MrNemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrNemesis

[QUOTE="MrNemesis"]It was pretty funny but he lost all respect when he said the first halo was revolutionary -_- that just comes off as him being another fanboy because it doesn't have the best control scheme, it wasn't revolutionary when it came out. Noted it was fun and not a bad game at all but it does not deserve its massive hype.SpaceDragonMan

Who the hell are you to decide that? I bet you didn't even play it when it came out. Halo CE was just as revolutionary as games like MGS....

I got it on release actually and no it wasn't revolutionary, give me one aspect of the game that revolutionised todays gaming.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts

It was pretty funny but he lost all respect when he said the first halo was revolutionary -_- that just comes off as him being another fanboy because it doesn't have the best control scheme, it wasn't revolutionary when it came out. Noted it was fun and not a bad game at all but it does not deserve its massive hype.MrNemesis

Um it was revolutionary for a console FPS. It also invented regenrating health and was the first FPS game to really get vehicles right. Those kinds of innovations are revolutionary for the FPS genra.

jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts
Yahtzee >>>>>>> Sessler
SpaceDragonMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SpaceDragonMan
[QUOTE="SpaceDragonMan"]

[QUOTE="MrNemesis"]It was pretty funny but he lost all respect when he said the first halo was revolutionary -_- that just comes off as him being another fanboy because it doesn't have the best control scheme, it wasn't revolutionary when it came out. Noted it was fun and not a bad game at all but it does not deserve its massive hype.MrNemesis

I got it on release actually and no it wasn't revolutionary, give me one aspect of the game that revolutionised todays gaming.

I'm not gonna discus this right now. But most Gaming journalists agree with me. But know this: IF you think MGS was revolutionary( note the IF part) then there's no reason to think of Halo as being not revolutionary....

Infamous-Rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Infamous-Rob
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts

Lol Sessler FTW!

KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
The man has told the truth Halo3 rocks, so the haters can do whatever he has told you to do 8)
MrNemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrNemesis

[QUOTE="MrNemesis"]It was pretty funny but he lost all respect when he said the first halo was revolutionary -_- that just comes off as him being another fanboy because it doesn't have the best control scheme, it wasn't revolutionary when it came out. Noted it was fun and not a bad game at all but it does not deserve its massive hype.TOAO_Cyrus1

Um it was revolutionary for a console FPS. It also invented regenrating health and was the first FPS game to really get vehicles right. Those kinds of innovations are revolutionary for the FPS genra.

Goldeneye for the 64 was the FPS console revolution you were looking for not Halo, vehicle control in Halo is nothing to brag about.

Swiftie101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Swiftie101
Member since 2007 • 514 Posts
[QUOTE="SpaceDragonMan"][QUOTE="Swiftie101"]

[QUOTE="Son_of_Some"]So he's saying that people who don't like Halo3 should go suck a dick?Son_of_Some

Either way, He wants people to suck dick...there's no way around that....

If there's going to be any dick suckage around, Sessler's going to be there to watch. :lol:

He is dennouncing those who play the game for the purpose of hating it instead of playing the game for the purpose of... play. I think its fair to say that the former is quite immoral and is devoid of ethics.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
Yeah it's a good game I just hate that everytime I say I don't like it I'm automatically labled a fanboy.
KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KillaHalo2o9

Yeah it's a good game I just hate that everytime I say I don't like it I'm automatically labled a fanboy. espoac

Whats that saying on the botton of your sig?

ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
Haha... that was amazing. Just wait for the cows to start saying "but... teh g4 if for teh casuals!".
SpaceDragonMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SpaceDragonMan
[QUOTE="TOAO_Cyrus1"]

[QUOTE="MrNemesis"]It was pretty funny but he lost all respect when he said the first halo was revolutionary -_- that just comes off as him being another fanboy because it doesn't have the best control scheme, it wasn't revolutionary when it came out. Noted it was fun and not a bad game at all but it does not deserve its massive hype.MrNemesis

Goldeneye for the 64 was the FPS console revolution you were looking for not Halo, vehicle control in Halo is nothing to brag about.

Nothing that we say can change your opinion, and I sure as hell am not gonna say the same goddamn thing I say about Halo for the millionth time. You just want bring Halo down for the sake of it. And I would bet my house that not only have you not played Halo CE more than an hour, you have never had an xbox to begin with.

So lets just drop it.......

Truth-slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Truth-slayer
Member since 2004 • 2510 Posts
I was expecting a rational explanation of why everyone is entitled to their opinions and perhaps an explanation of why Halo 3 is a 5 star game rather than "Because it is Halo!!!111". Instead it was just an angry rant by a guy who has the same mindset as Bill O'Reilly and Hannity whose only really rebuttal was an insult.
MrNemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MrNemesis
I had the original Xbox for 2 years, in that time i had and completed Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2 and have recently played and completed Halo 3 on my best friends 360 and guess what i still think it is a good game but it certainly gets overhyped and still defended to the death when the word 'overhyped' comes into play.
Avatar image for ICollegeStudent
ICollegeStudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ICollegeStudent
Member since 2007 • 655 Posts
[QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]

peacebringer

adam said the best fps ona console.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

kcpp2b

Agree.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 espoac

[QUOTE="espoac"]Yeah it's a good game I just hate that everytime I say I don't like it I'm automatically labled a fanboy. KillaHalo2o9

a bit off-topic but it's French for "If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse"
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

Take a good look everyone, its a lemming ... and its fugly (Attitude) ... fun is subjective matey, it was a decent experiance but average to this generation ... put that in your *** and SHOVE IT.

Its not ok to bash Halo , but then lemmings have a stab at UT3/Crysis/Far Cry 2/Killzone its all well and good, because these games is not teh "WORLD WECORDS SEWWERZ LOLZ" ...

as someone said before, what an Unprofessional attitude, credibility 0 , Fanboyism limitless.

It was an average Shooter *Experiance* , with ALOT of mini-game FPS online modes.

KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KillaHalo2o9
[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]

[QUOTE="espoac"]Yeah it's a good game I just hate that everytime I say I don't like it I'm automatically labled a fanboy. espoac

a bit off-topic but it's French for "If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse"

O I thought you were saying something against the 787 NVM .

MrNemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MrNemesis
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

Dreams-Visions

Agree.

I'm sorry but when using Gamespot as a source of facts for an argument about a 360 game that gamespot is notorious for being overly biased towards it makes me sad.

karram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 karram
Member since 2006 • 1682 Posts
He's speaking the truth.
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#46 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts
Halo Haters just got pounded by Sessler.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

[QUOTE="MrNemesis"]It was pretty funny but he lost all respect when he said the first halo was revolutionary -_- that just comes off as him being another fanboy because it doesn't have the best control scheme, it wasn't revolutionary when it came out. Noted it was fun and not a bad game at all but it does not deserve its massive hype.TOAO_Cyrus1

It was the first popular game to do regenerating health, yes. That's pretty much all it deserves credit for. The vehicles were a nice touch as well, yet the controls weren't exactly spot-on in Halo: CE and it's the same way in Halo 2 and 3. Plenty of other FPS before Halo had vehicles that handled just as well.

Those two "innovations" are not exactly a revolutionary for the FPS genre, yet the regenerating health did add it's own little touch to it. (However, if Halo had not been as popular, I doubt it would've stuck with some of the games in the genre).
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

i agree with him......but cant he stay still?

SpaceDragonMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SpaceDragonMan
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="kcpp2b"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

MrNemesis

Agree.

I'm sorry but when using Gamespot as a source of facts for an argument about a 360 game that gamespot is notorious for being overly biased towards it makes me sad.

Gamerankings shows that Halo 3 has an average pf 94% and 35the best game of all time.

Now its your turn to bring down the Halo franchise again, please continue...

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 espoac
[QUOTE="espoac"][QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]

[QUOTE="espoac"]Yeah it's a good game I just hate that everytime I say I don't like it I'm automatically labled a fanboy. KillaHalo2o9

O I thought you were saying something against the 787 NVM .

oh never I love that plane :)