AC- Constantinople Was The Smartest Choice Ubisoft Could Make, No Doubt!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts

I think overall the place voted and predicted most to be next was France. That was not only because France is simply a beautiful and neat place to scale buildings in but also because the French setting was suggested by the Brotherhood game (i wont get specific so as to avoid spoilers). The hope for the French setting was very high though, andother oftenvoted places had to be American Revolution, feudal japan, London, and Greece.

I think though Constantinople simply fits Assassins Creed better. Assassins Creed is about corruption, and though a post WWII French setting could have that perhaps, thats not the corruption AC focuses on. It focuses on corruption in the Catholic Church, considering Templars are Catholic Church soldiers in history, also considering AC1 was about the crusades and AC2 and Brotherhood were about corruption in the Vatican. Constantinople became the headquarters for the Western Church. For a moment in history, Constantinople, the Byzantine Empire,was the new Rome, andit ended up clashing with the Vaticanin many accounts. It makes a million times more sense for a Consantinople setting to succeed a Roman Setting than anything else people wanted Ubisoft to do. Plus the architecture there is stunning.

Your Thoughts?

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

Constantinople > any place there has ever been in France. France is overrated.
Meanwhile, Istanbul is still beautiful and people in Paris are choking on filthy exhaust fumes and high parking costs.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts

Constantinople > any place there has ever been in France. France is overrated.
Meanwhile, Istanbul is still beautiful and people in Paris are choking on filthy exhaust fumes and high parking costs.

Locutus_Picard

So true, Constantinople is beautiful. The hagia sophia is better than any building in Paris I can think of lol

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Constantinopole was the head of the Eastern Orthodox Church. It had monumental clashes with Rome (and especially the Fourth Crusade, which left for Palestine but decided to sack Constantinopole instead). But it was conquered by Ottomans 6 years before Ezio was born.

Frankly, the whole Templar plot they're preparing for Revelations sounds like ass given the state of the city 60 years after the conquest. And I'm very curious to see how they'll deal with the Orthodox Church - it was still tolerated by muslims during that period and its presence was far, far stronger than that of the Catholics.

Still, while I'm not a fan of Brotherhood, the setting alone sold me on Revelations.

Slayerduckie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Slayerduckie
Member since 2008 • 281 Posts

Just watced the teasers now, talk about late lol. The disc at the second teaser is the disc of phaistos, which was found at Crete and dates back to 2k+ years bc, its some artifact of the ancient Minoan civilization. The 3rd teaser has what today is regarded as the sign of the Byzantine empire, that eagle thingie. In reality that was just the household sign of the last emperorr, but that's for history buffs :D

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 VensInferno
Member since 2010 • 3395 Posts

AS much as I love that we get to play as Ezio once more. I still wished Ubisoft made a Japanese Assassins Creed or Ninja Creed... I mean, at the time, Japan was modernizing and abandoning the old japanese way's ( Samurai). It would be a perfect assassins creed and it would make sense :P

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Constantinople?! Yes! That is awesome! Probably one of the most interesting and best cities to ever base a open-world game in.

D-RS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 D-RS
Member since 2009 • 2003 Posts
Can't wait for this!
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

If we get some Fourth Crusade, Roman Catholics vs Eastern Orthodox stuff in Revelations, that'd be the greatest thing ever.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Was thinking either Paris or Athens (or some other locations in Greece or France) but Constantinopolis or Byzantium or whatever you wanna call it is SCHWEET too :D
Slayerduckie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Slayerduckie

Athens was a small unimportant farmer village during the middle ages. And it remained that way untill after the greek revolution in the 19th century. If someplace in Greece would be featured, it would either be an island or the city of Thessalonica which was pretty prosperous at the time.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts
I was hoping it would be in Greece after the 3rd teaser hinted at it. I know Constantinople was built by the Byzantines but I don't really want to witness the city my ancestors built with their bare hands being ran by murderous turks.BigBoss255
Oh please...don't make this a policital discussion now. I don't know where you are coming from and quite frankly I don't care, the blind hate on the turks is going far too long for now. If you mess with the turks and Turkey and wage a war against them, don't come crying when you lose that war.
BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts
[QUOTE="BigBoss255"]I was hoping it would be in Greece after the 3rd teaser hinted at it. I know Constantinople was built by the Byzantines but I don't really want to witness the city my ancestors built with their bare hands being ran by murderous turks.Locutus_Picard
Oh please...don't make this a policital discussion now. I don't know where you are coming from and quite frankly I don't care, the blind hate on the turks is going far too long for now. If you mess with the turks and Turkey and wage a war against them, don't come crying when you lose that war.

I'm not blindly hating on Turks, I'm hating on Ottoman Turks who are well documented as being murderers. It's the same thing as hating on Nazi Germany. Also don't come crying when you lose the war? what the hell are you on about.
padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

What do you expect from a city founded by the romans? Although Paris was also founded by the romans...
Anyway, I loved the new setting. I can't wait to climb the Hagia Sophia just I did the Colosseum. The romans were really the greastest engineers in history.

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

I was hoping it would be in Greece after the 3rd teaser hinted at it. I know Constantinople was built by the Byzantines but I don't really want to witness the city my ancestors built with their bare hands being ran by murderous turks.BigBoss255
The Greeks founded Byzantium, then the Romans came and roflstomped the greeks and owned the city for the next 1500 years.....ish. (please call it the Eastern Roman Empire, as a Byzantine Empire actually never exised, it was slur by a German Historian.) Then the Ottomans roflstomped the Romans.

EDIT: Anyway, didn't I call this sometime ago? I know I suggested pre-WW1. But I'm sure I suggested Constantinople aswell.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

French Revolution would have been a perfect setting for an Assassin's Creed game. I bet that's where 3 is set.

halokillerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 halokillerz
Member since 2004 • 3406 Posts

dont count out locations hinted by the previous games, those are most likely going to be in AC3

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I think people are tired of Ezio and the same Renaissance era setting. AC2 was cool, Brotherhood was ok, and now with Revelations it's like "come on, we've been here before". When will Ubisoft do a feudal Japan setting? It seems to me that setting is just screaming for it's own game.

Boomshaffted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Boomshaffted
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts

[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"][QUOTE="BigBoss255"]I was hoping it would be in Greece after the 3rd teaser hinted at it. I know Constantinople was built by the Byzantines but I don't really want to witness the city my ancestors built with their bare hands being ran by murderous turks.BigBoss255

I'm not blindly hating on Turks, I'm hating on Ottoman Turks who are well documented as being murderers. It's the same thing as hating on Nazi Germany. Also don't come crying when you lose the war? what the hell are you on about.

You don't want to witness a city of your ancestors built "ran through by murderous Turks" and "hating the turks is like hating on Nazi Germany," eh? Well, after watching hordes of western teens go nuts over kill my Opa simulators, I've discovered that there's absolutely zero sympathy or respect for the trials of peoples' lives in these turbulent periods if there's an entertaining game to be had from cheapening it into crass entertainment. In fact, I'm sure there's someone teabagging a 3D representation of many of our Germanic grandafters' right now...

You'd better hope that you don't play/enjoy any WWII games, because if you do, you really don't have a leg to stand on concerning wanting anyone else to take your side over the Turks rampaging through a Greek-made city. Suck it up like the rest of us who are forced to tolerate the monumental disrespect contemporary gamers have for those who fought and died in various historical wars.

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BigBoss255

[QUOTE="BigBoss255"]I was hoping it would be in Greece after the 3rd teaser hinted at it. I know Constantinople was built by the Byzantines but I don't really want to witness the city my ancestors built with their bare hands being ran by murderous turks.lordreaven

The Greeks founded Byzantium, then the Romans came and roflstomped the greeks and owned the city for the next 1500 years.....ish. (please call it the Eastern Roman Empire, as a Byzantine Empire actually never exised, it was slur by a German Historian.) Then the Ottomans roflstomped the Romans.

EDIT: Anyway, didn't I call this sometime ago? I know I suggested pre-WW1. But I'm sure I suggested Constantinople aswell.

I know it wasn't know as the Byzantine empire, it was known as Vasileia Romaion or Romania by the Greeks. The thing is the Greeks called themselves "Romaoi" up until 100 years ago, as far as they are concerned it was there empire by the end of it. The Romans founded the empire but from around 300 AD it was basically Greek. You only have to look at the names of the later emperors to see that they were Greek. The Roman empire collapsed but the Greeks kept going until 1450. After the split between Catholic and Orthodox, the relationship between Rome and Constantinople was basically non existant. I'm not an expert on it, maybe I am wrong but all I know is that the people who are labelled the "byzantines" are the same people in Greece today.
BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BigBoss255

[QUOTE="BigBoss255"][QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"] Oh please...don't make this a policital discussion now. I don't know where you are coming from and quite frankly I don't care, the blind hate on the turks is going far too long for now. If you mess with the turks and Turkey and wage a war against them, don't come crying when you lose that war.Boomshaffted

You don't want to witness a city of your ancestors built "ran through by murderous Turks" and "hating the turks is like hating on Nazi Germany," eh? Well, after watching hordes of western teens go nuts over kill my Opa simulators, I've discovered that there's absolutely zero sympathy or respect for the trials of peoples' lives in these turbulent periods if there's an entertaining game to be had from cheapening it into crass entertainment. In fact, I'm sure there's someone teabagging a 3D representation of many of our Germanic grandafters' right now...

You'd better hope that you don't play/enjoy any WWII games, because if you do, you really don't have a leg to stand on concerning wanting anyone else to take your side over the Turks rampaging through a Greek-made city. Suck it up like the rest of us who are forced to tolerate the monumental disrespect contemporary gamers have for those who fought and died in various historical wars.

Lol I wasn't saying I was insulted by it. I was just saying I wish it was set 100 years earlier or something so I wouldn't have to see the Turks in all their glory.:D

Slayerduckie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Slayerduckie

The official language of the state changed from latin to greek during Emperror Heraklius in the 7th century, thus becoming a de facto greek empire. It was still recognized as the Holy Roman Empire and the citizens called themselves Romans. Byzantium was the name of the ancient greek colony which was located at the spot where Emperror Constantine moved the capital of the Roman Empire in the 4th century, changing the name of the city to Constantinopole. The people of the Empire recognized themselves as romans even way after the fall, even the turks called the greeks romans centuries after the fall of the city and the destruction of the empire. Byzantine empire is a modern term to describe the eastern roman empire or holy roman empire. Also, what's with the politics and the racial hate in a FRIGGEN VIDEOGAME FORUM? lol.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

I think people are tired of Ezio and the same Renaissance era setting. AC2 was cool, Brotherhood was ok, and now with Revelations it's like "come on, we've been here before". When will Ubisoft do a feudal Japan setting? It seems to me that setting is just screaming for it's own game.

Vari3ty

Constantinopole is nothing like Renaissance Italy though.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I would prefere Japan, but I'm fine with Constantinople

andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

Back to Assassins Creed 1 then :\ Yet another game set in the Dusty Middle east.

23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

I think the reason why people never predicted it is because most people thought the next release was going to be the 3rd assassins creed, so it might still be France for all we know...I'm really excited for Revelations though, and the location seems great, but disappointed they are going back to that part of the world and not including the Pyramids, I'd love to scale those.

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#31 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

... Woah some bad blood in here.:?

I'm interested in this game now, especially after hearing "Ezio's trilogy", man I'm burnt on Ezio.:P

Rai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rai
Member since 2003 • 629 Posts

I just watched this movie Agora, and while it took place in Alexandria (which would be an awesome place for the AC series as well), it was during the time when Constantinople was in power. What I saw looks awesome!

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Ezio again? His fake Italian Accent is so annoying.