ABOUT THE LEAKED HALO 3 ENDING - DO NOT DISCUSS lT AT ALL...NOT A WORD!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

posting the leaked halo 3 ending (even with a warning) will result in suspension. posting it without a warning will result in a permanent ban. posting in a thread that has the halo 3 ending will also result in moderation.

THIS INCLUDES POSTING IT IN THE STICKIED HALO 3 THREAD.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CaseyWegner
unlocked. unstickied. still in effect. goes for any game.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
thanks casey... so far I've been able to avoid all the spoilers thanks to the mods hard work. Keep it up.
Avatar image for Kritical_Strike
Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Kritical_Strike
Member since 2006 • 4123 Posts

thanks casey... so far I've been able to avoid all the spoilers thanks to the mods hard work. Keep it up.jrhawk42

Same here, thanks mods.

SDF almost ruined it for me though >____>

djxaquaxblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 djxaquaxblue
Member since 2004 • 2539 Posts
i saw the ending the other day...didnt really care but it would ruin it for the hardcore fans
Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shinoto
Member since 2006 • 8331 Posts
Just to add in....Believe
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I'm going to watch it now :)
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts

[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]thanks casey... so far I've been able to avoid all the spoilers thanks to the mods hard work. Keep it up.Kritical_Strike

Same here, thanks mods.

SDF almost ruined it for me though >____>

Im actually surprised i havent accidently seen or read a spoiler about it. Only a few more days, and i can experience it for myself!

gongytron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gongytron
Member since 2004 • 463 Posts

very good thinking. if it werent for this sticky i would have probably seen it on accident already

leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 leejohnson7
Member since 2007 • 2909 Posts
Some **** already did spoil it for me. It seems you can't go on any board without people shouting their mouths off.
SpaceMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SpaceMatt
Member since 2003 • 3588 Posts

thanks casey... so far I've been able to avoid all the spoilers thanks to the mods hard work. Keep it up.jrhawk42

Totally agree. Thanks to you guys, on the 25th I can experience Halo 3 w/o being spoiled!

AskForDetails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AskForDetails
Member since 2007 • 1216 Posts

posting the leaked halo 3 ending (even with a warning) will result in suspension. posting it without a warning will result in a permanent ban. posting in a thread that has the halo 3 ending will also result in moderation.

CaseyWegner

j/w i know halo is a huge game among the casuals at least, but why implement this rule now, and for halo?

why not for other games like bioshock, and meteroid prime 3?

and btw im not going to burst out and say BIAS and crap, just wanted to know

SpaceMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SpaceMatt
Member since 2003 • 3588 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

AskForDetails

j/w i know halo is a huge game among the casuals at least, but why implement this rule now, and for halo?

It is in effect for other games. Just because the mods don't shut the topic down in five minutes doesn't mean they don't get it eventually. They can't be everywhere. And if nobody reports the violation to them it gets much harder to catch everything

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
We're sorry, our princess is in another castle.
omgimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 omgimba
Member since 2007 • 2645 Posts
I don't get why its such a big deal anyway... Anyone reeally cares about anything in Halo except for the multiplayer?
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CaseyWegner
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

AskForDetails

were there leaked endings for those andpeople going around posting spoilers as much as they have for this? this isnot a new rule.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CaseyWegner

I don't get why its such a big deal anyway... Anyone reeally cares about anything in Halo except for the multiplayer?omgimba

millions of people, i'm sure.

AskForDetails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AskForDetails
Member since 2007 • 1216 Posts
[QUOTE="AskForDetails"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

were there leaked endings for those andpeople going around posting spoilers as much as they have for this? this isnot a new rule.

eh not what i ment nvm then

L_G_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 L_G_X
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts
I saw the ending...not that im even going to get the game, so it doesnt bother me :)
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

I don't get why its such a big deal anyway... Anyone reeally cares about anything in Halo except for the multiplayer?omgimba

I do :|

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CaseyWegner

eh not what i ment nvm then

AskForDetails

i know what you mean. i read the thread you made about this. people covertly posting spoilers wasn't a problem for bioshock or mp3. it has been for halo 3. this is in no way a new rule. the same thing was done in the OT forum for harry potter spoilers because that was a huge problem as well.

MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts

Well, you were a little too late for me :(

But good work anyway. As long as everyone else gotaway unscathed I'm somewhat happy. I think SDF may have made up some of their spoilers as apparently the video is very unclear and showcased little of the actual ending. I still have faith, although I guess I'd have been better off without rabid fanboys deciding that ruining something that millions love would be fun because it isn't a PS3 game.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

very good thinking. if it werent for this sticky i would have probably seen it on accident already

gongytron

I'm avoiding certain threads like the Bubonic Plague.

Gonna be a tough week for the mods. They might not even get to enjoy the game for constantly refreshing SW and trying to delete posts and threads that attempt to ruin the game.

Anyone else expecting a Zerg rush-like attack from some other web forum with dummy accounts and thread titles that give the ending up?

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

...Damn the gamers of this new multiplayer-focused generation. Believe it or not, Halo has more to offer than multiplayer.

MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MegaPigeon
[QUOTE="gongytron"]

Dreams-Visions

Gonna be a tough week for the mods. They might not even get to enjoy the game for constantly refreshing SW and trying to delete posts and threads that attempt to ruin the game.

Anyone else expecting a Zerg rush-like attack from some other web forum with dummy accounts and thread titles that give the ending up?

That happened on Gametrailers, which is especially annoying as the "lateset threads" are plastered on just about every page on the website.

redstormrisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 redstormrisen
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
Eh. More worried about my freind. I just finished the black magician trilogy, relived she didn't spoil it. The first thing she said today was "I know halo 3s ending >
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="gongytron"]

MegaPigeon

That happened on Gametrailers, which is especially annoying as the "lateset threads" are plastered on just about every page on the website.

How anyone can stomach the GT forums is beyond me.

MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MegaPigeon
[QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="gongytron"]

Verge_6

Yeah, it's pretty much a collection of the most vulgar and immature fanboys imaginable downvoting videos and threatening to kill each other. At least they have ScrewAttack :(

MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MegaPigeon

And what da ya' know, it's happening again on GameTrailers.....

Avoid GT at all costs. Other wise, You will=

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dreams-Visions
people uploading user movies or something?
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="gongytron"]

MegaPigeon

Yeah, it's pretty much a collection of the most vulgar and immature fanboys imaginable downvoting videos and threatening to kill each other. At least they have ScrewAttack :(

thanks for the tips. will stay away.

MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MegaPigeon

people uploading user movies or something?Dreams-Visions

It's more the forums and the way the threads are displayed on every page on the website. So rather than avoiding the forums, people should avoid the site all together. If it isn't a video, it's a thread being shoved in your face.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="gongytron"]

MegaPigeon

True. I only go there to watch some trailers of games that catch my interest and, as you said, Screw Attack. Everything else is just horrid, forums included.

BrooklynBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BrooklynBomber
Member since 2007 • 1507 Posts
What's the big deal I have seen it on GT and youtube already like everybody else it's not like anybody was playing halo 3 for the single player anyway.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Verge_6

What's the big deal I have seen it on GT and youtube already like everybody else it's not like anybody was playing halo 3 for the single player anyway.BrooklynBomber

Urge to kill...rising...

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CaseyWegner

What's the big deal I have seen it on GT and youtube already like everybody else it's not like anybody was playing halo 3 for the single player anyway.BrooklynBomber

the point is that ruining the ending of a highly anticipated game is absolutely a disgusting thing to do. just because you may not care about the ending doesn't mean that millions of other people don't care either.

jbeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jbeen
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts

You are aware that before Halo 2 multipalyer there was a original game called halo that was a story driven FPS that people loved and was the game that started this whole thing. So believe itor not there will be people who want to play the game to see how the story ends and not just for the mulitplayer aspect of the game.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
I care about the single player. In fact i've been moderating whilst only looking out the corner of my eye all week. :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
just because you may not care about the ending doesn't mean that millions of other people don't care either.CaseyWegner
For real. Someone ruining Harry Potter, for instance, would receive a knuckle sandwich. It's just rude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

I care about the single player. In fact i've been moderating whilst only looking out the corner of my eye all week. :(cakeorrdeath
ROFL! He's like... crap. Does this one have the spoiler? *squint*

Crap crap crap.

ChrisMun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ChrisMun
Member since 2003 • 1100 Posts

I don't see why there should be any threads about it all. Be it warnings and what not. It just prompts people to do it more. It's the kind of sick world we live in. Just ban the suckers that bring up the threads.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]I care about the single player. In fact i've been moderating whilst only looking out the corner of my eye all week. :(Jandurin

Crap crap crap.

Yeah that's pretty accurate.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CaseyWegner
fake spoilers will be treated no differently than real ones.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Jandurin"]

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]I care about the single player. In fact i've been moderating whilst only looking out the corner of my eye all week. :(cakeorrdeath

Crap crap crap.

Yeah that's pretty accurate.

Sorry, bro. You're still pretty.

jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#48 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts
I read one brief sentence that was a topic name in passing. I just find it really hard to believe that 'said video which I have not seen nor care to watch' has been up on youtube for 4 days. Copyrighted material is always ripped right off it from drunk David Hasselhoff vid'(at first) to Brittney Spears at the VMAs, yet somehow this leaked video manages to stay. Whatever the video is it could be the ending, but it seems a little fishy to me, after reading that sentence and seeing the commercial last Sunday, it kind of seems like this was planned out, knowing that people would leak the real one since someone always breaks street date, why not flood the internet with a fake ending. So it spreads before the actual real ending videos get leaked which just get lost in the sea of the fake ones.
Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

Well i know the ending......have it from a very very reliable source...............

The butler did it................straight up.

jbeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jbeen
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts

Well i know the ending......have it from a very very reliable source...............

The butler did it................straight up.

Frozzik

No, it was professor Plumb in the study with the wrench.