A list of GS AAe and AAAe games. No ports, remakes, timed exclusives, ect.

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
I think I'll update this list every time a new AA or AAAe is reviewed. It'll be fun to see how the trends go.
gamergeekgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 gamergeekgeek
Member since 2006 • 3395 Posts

PS3 exclusive:
0 AAA
1 AA
how sad:(

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SmashBrosLegend

mercury meltdown is a psp/ps2 port[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="Nickman71"]Hey TC, Ridge Racer 7 is the same game as Ridge Racer 6, its an enhanced port. Both both 6 and 7 should be gone.
me2002

Really? I didn't know. Can someone confirm this before I edit?

somewhat of a grey area, no one would care either way.

btw mercury meltdown is a psp/ps2 port

No it isn't.

And even if it was, it would still be the only version that scored AA, meaning that Mercury Meltdown Revolution is still a AAe.
LP_beats_Led_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 LP_beats_Led_Z
Member since 2006 • 295 Posts

Why not include arcade and VC games while we're at it. They're games too aren't they?

Thus the Wii has the only AAAA title, making it the best console.

gamergeekgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 gamergeekgeek
[QUOTE="gamergeekgeek"][QUOTE="darkflame_100"]

[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"]-Casey counts GRAW as a 360 exclusive because it is a different game than any of the other versions.
darkflame_100

Then can't you count Ninja Gaiden Sigma exlusive for AAA on Ps3? "It's different from any of the other versions."

...no...:|

graw is a completely difference game on 360
sigma is just a port

But what about when GRAW goes onto the ps3. Wont that be considered a port too then?

thats graw2 :|

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SmashBrosLegend
I think Gears should be counted as an exclusive. There is a difference between a console exclusive, and a "true" exclusive. If you aren't going to include PCs in the comparison, I think it should count for the 360. Fignewton50

PC is still a gaming platform, and it still counts.

The only reason I didn't include PC games is that there were too many to list. I did count them though:
5 AAAe
40 AAe
gamergeekgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 gamergeekgeek

Why not include arcade and VC games while we're at it. They're games too aren't they?

LP_beats_Led_Z

we dont use n64's success to justify wii's lack of games
besides wii is doing pretty well right now

darkflame_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 darkflame_100
Member since 2005 • 357 Posts
[QUOTE="darkflame_100"][QUOTE="gamergeekgeek"][QUOTE="darkflame_100"]

[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"]-Casey counts GRAW as a 360 exclusive because it is a different game than any of the other versions.
gamergeekgeek

Then can't you count Ninja Gaiden Sigma exlusive for AAA on Ps3? "It's different from any of the other versions."

...no...:|

graw is a completely difference game on 360
sigma is just a port

But what about when GRAW goes onto the ps3. Wont that be considered a port too then?

thats graw2 :|

Oh my I got mixed up, I thought you were talking about GRAW 2. Sorry about that:P

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SmashBrosLegend

LP_beats_Led_Z

Those games were all released on older consoles. Not exclusive. I didn't include XBLA games that weren't exclusive either, like Castlevania SotN.
me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

[QUOTE="me2002"]

mercury meltdown is a psp/ps2 port[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="Nickman71"]Hey TC, Ridge Racer 7 is the same game as Ridge Racer 6, its an enhanced port. Both both 6 and 7 should be gone.
SmashBrosLegend

No it isn't.

And even if it was, it would still be the only version that scored AA, meaning that Mercury Meltdown Revolution is still a AAe.

taken from review - "The PSP puzzler finds a natural home on Nintendo's console, where the Wii Remote finally gives you much-needed tilt control."

PSP version got 8.2

even if it doesn't, it doesn't work that way. If a game gets 9.0 on one platform and the other one get 8.9 does that make an AAA exclusive? of course not.

btw Viva piniata is coming to PC.

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SmashBrosLegend

[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="me2002"]

me2002

No it isn't.

taken from review - "The PSP puzzler finds a natural home on Nintendo's console, where the Wii Remote finally gives you much-needed tilt control."

PSP version got 8.2

even if it doesn't, it doesn't work that way. If a game gets 9.0 on one platform and the other one get 8.9 does that make an AAA exclusive? of course not.

btw Viva piniata is coming to PC.

Oh. You're right. I'll edit on both counts.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

The PS3 has two AAe games - Resistance and Ridge Racer 7.

If you're going to make a comparison, at least make sure your use of information is correct. :|

Fignewton50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Fignewton50
Member since 2003 • 3748 Posts

[QUOTE="Fignewton50"]I think Gears should be counted as an exclusive. There is a difference between a console exclusive, and a "true" exclusive. If you aren't going to include PCs in the comparison, I think it should count for the 360. SmashBrosLegend

The only reason I didn't include PC games is that there were too many to list. I did count them though:
5 AAAe
40 AAe

Cool. Well I see PCs as seperate because they don't have the licensing fees or ownership like the consoles do. I see them as the "open source" gaming platform. But I guess that's a seperate issue all together. Good work on the research thus far though.

JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts

If you're going to make a comparison, at least make sure your use of information is correct. :|

-Spock-

apparently RR7 is the same game as RR6 (according to some people in this thread)

is that true?

gamergeekgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 gamergeekgeek
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

JB730

apparently RR7 is the same game as RR6 (according to some people in this thread)

is that true?

yes

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SmashBrosLegend
New count:
Total AAAe:
PC: 5
Xbox 360: 3
Wii: 1
PS3: 0

Total AAe
PC: 40:
Xbox 360: 7
Wii: 2
PS3: 1
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SmashBrosLegend
(PC numbers are as of 360 launch, and taken from another thread)
Nickman71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Nickman71
Member since 2003 • 1002 Posts

-Spock-

"You'll get very familiar with these tracks as you play, and if you played Ridge Racer 6, chances are you'll already be familiar with almost all of them, since there are only a handful of all-new tracks in the game. The repetition, both within the game itself and when taking the previous game into account, is Ridge Racer 7's biggest problem." -GS Review

gamergeekgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 gamergeekgeek

-Spock-

before self-owning yourself, check the gs review

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

GRAW is not a 360 exclusive. I don't care what CaseyWegner says, he's not God. And I don't care how different a game it is, the fact of the matter is that so long as there are games on other platforms with the words "Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter" on the cover, it does not belong on that list.

-Spock-

that's ridiculous. why is the game's name more important than its content?

rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#71 rexoverbey
Member since 2002 • 7622 Posts
Sheep want to list only EXCLUSIVE titles because they have crap 3rd party support. Plus Gears is STILL exclusive till it is finally released. Games are canceled all the time and even though that probably won't happen. 360 is the only system you can play it on. Plus games like Oblivion, Rainbow Six, Gears would only make your Wii look even worse. Plus look at that 360 AA list with 3rd party titles I guarantee it would be 3 times bigger. Also if I were a sheep I wouldn't brag about only a mini game being exclusive AAA. Also sheep have what 3 big titles coming this fall I wouldn't brag too much about having one up on PS3. We will see how this new list looks this fall. But I guess according to you Halo 3 won't be exclusive because it will come to PC in 2 years.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 -Spock-
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

JB730

is that true?

No, although it shares some cars with Ridge Racer 6 and Ridge Racer PSP, much of the game is different. It features many new courses, cars and races on top of some from previous games. Basically, it's a big combination of re-designed, re-mixed older content and lots and lots of new content. But really now, saying a racing game is not exclusive because it features similar cars would be one of the most downright picky things you could do in a thread like this. It would completely de-merit the comparison.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="Fignewton50"]I think Gears should be counted as an exclusive. There is a difference between a console exclusive, and a "true" exclusive. If you aren't going to include PCs in the comparison, I think it should count for the 360. Fignewton50

5 AAAe
40 AAe

Cool. Well I see PCs as seperate because they don't have the licensing fees or ownership like the consoles do. I see them as the "open source" gaming platform. But I guess that's a seperate issue all together. Good work on the research thus far though.

Some System Wars myths/arguments that need to die - 1st Edition

Check that out, Fignewton50.

gamergeekgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 gamergeekgeek
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

GRAW is not a 360 exclusive. I don't care what CaseyWegner says, he's not God. And I don't care how different a game it is, the fact of the matter is that so long as there are games on other platforms with the words "Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter" on the cover, it does not belong on that list.

CaseyWegner

yeah i know, cows logics are so hard to understand

Nickman71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Nickman71
Member since 2003 • 1002 Posts
[QUOTE="JB730"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

-Spock-

is that true?

No, although it shares some cars with Ridge Racer 6 and Ridge Racer PSP, much of the game is different. It features many new courses, cars and races on top of some from previous games. Basically, it's a big combination of re-designed, re-mixed older content and lots and lots of new content. But really now, saying a racing game is not exclusive because it features similar cars would be one of the most downright picky things you could do in a thread like this. It would completely de-merit the comparison.

Ignoring my comment I see.

"You'll get very familiar with these tracks as you play, and if you played Ridge Racer 6, chances are you'll already be familiar with almost all of them, since there are only a handful of all-new tracks in the game. The repetition, both within the game itself and when taking the previous game into account, is Ridge Racer 7's biggest problem." -GS Review

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

gamergeekgeek

yeah i know, cows logics are so hard to understand

Doesn't benifit a cow and ps3..shocker..this isnt a shocker though: Total AAAe: PC: 5 Xbox 360: 3 Wii: 1 PS3: 0 Total AAe PC: 40: Xbox 360: 7 Wii: 2 PS3: 1
darkflame_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 darkflame_100
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

CaseyWegner

you mean the game with the exact same name is a new game with different graphics and storyline etc., but it still should not be considered an exclusive. Does the game itself have a totally different storyline?

Fignewton50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Fignewton50
Member since 2003 • 3748 Posts

Some System Wars myths/arguments that need to die - 1st Edition

Check that out, Fignewton50.

Hexagon_777

I disagree with that to an extent, but we don't need to get into it here. The consoles are owned by a governing company that is actively trying to make more money and gain market share over it's competitors. The PC isn't owned by anyone and companies can freely make games for it. Sony makes money of PS3 games, but losing an exclusive to the 360 will also give Microsoft money. Just a personal opinion!

Philmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Philmon
Member since 2003 • 1454 Posts

Only 5 AAAe's for the PC?

"Bad PC" *Smacks PC with rolled up newspaper* "I expect you to try harder"

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 -Spock-

I am owned. Self-owned even.

At least I was man enough to admit it.

gamergeekgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 gamergeekgeek
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

darkflame_100

you mean the game with the exact same name is a new game with different graphics and storyline etc., but it still should not be considered an exclusive. Does the game itself have a totally different storyline?

yes.
it not only has totally different story, graphics, gameplay, maps, features, it's also in THIRD PERSON, making it a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SHOOTER

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SmashBrosLegend
If someone wants to come up with a list of AAe and AAAe DS and PSP games, I'll add those too.
darkflame_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 darkflame_100
[QUOTE="darkflame_100"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

gamergeekgeek

yes.
it not only has totally different story, graphics, gameplay, maps, features, it's also in THIRD PERSON, making it a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SHOOTER

Then can't you say the same thing for Ninja Gaiden Sigma. There are new enemies to be found, some new areas, various gameplay tweaks and, most notably, the ability to play as Rachel.-IGN. It has new features, areas, graphics. This will be thelast time I quote you btw.

gamergeekgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 gamergeekgeek
[QUOTE="gamergeekgeek"][QUOTE="darkflame_100"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

darkflame_100

yes.
it not only has totally different story, graphics, gameplay, maps, features, it's also in THIRD PERSON, making it a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SHOOTE

Then can't you say the same thing for Ninja Gaiden Sigma. There are new enemies to be found, some new areas, various gameplay tweaks and, most notably, the ability to play as Rachel.-IGN. It has new features, areas, graphics. This will be thelast time I quote you btw.

Sigma has the SAME MAIN CHARACTER, SAME STORY, SAME MAPS, and the SAME DAMN GAMEPLAY, and that makes it a XBOX PORT

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SmashBrosLegend
Sigma was deemed officially non-exclusive. It's still a great game though.
haols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 haols
Member since 2005 • 2348 Posts
[QUOTE="darkflame_100"][QUOTE="gamergeekgeek"][QUOTE="darkflame_100"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

gamergeekgeek

yes.

Sigma has the SAME MAIN CHARACTER, SAME STORY, SAME MAPS, and the SAME DAMN GAMEPLAY

If Ninja gaiden Sigma is exclusive, then so is RE4 on Wii.
It has new controls, new weapons/enemies and Assignment Ada has now one more level I think.
About as changed as NGS is.
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#87 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

Sheep want to list only EXCLUSIVE titles because they have crap 3rd party support. Plus Gears is STILL exclusive till it is finally released. Games are canceled all the time and even though that probably won't happen. 360 is the only system you can play it on. Plus games like Oblivion, Rainbow Six, Gears would only make your Wii look even worse. Plus look at that 360 AA list with 3rd party titles I guarantee it would be 3 times bigger. Also if I were a sheep I wouldn't brag about only a mini game being exclusive AAA. Also sheep have what 3 big titles coming this fall I wouldn't brag too much about having one up on PS3. We will see how this new list looks this fall. But I guess according to you Halo 3 won't be exclusive because it will come to PC in 2 years.rexoverbey

I love how your sig says "100% Gamer" when you apparently do not own or like 100% of the gaming consoles. You sound like a broken record as well.... "and also sheep... oh and sheep, btw... the SHEEP" :| Its called the Wii... not "sheep"

rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#88 rexoverbey
Member since 2002 • 7622 Posts

[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]Sheep want to list only EXCLUSIVE titles because they have crap 3rd party support. Plus Gears is STILL exclusive till it is finally released. Games are canceled all the time and even though that probably won't happen. 360 is the only system you can play it on. Plus games like Oblivion, Rainbow Six, Gears would only make your Wii look even worse. Plus look at that 360 AA list with 3rd party titles I guarantee it would be 3 times bigger. Also if I were a sheep I wouldn't brag about only a mini game being exclusive AAA. Also sheep have what 3 big titles coming this fall I wouldn't brag too much about having one up on PS3. We will see how this new list looks this fall. But I guess according to you Halo 3 won't be exclusive because it will come to PC in 2 years.kansasdude2009

I love how your sig says "100% Gamer" when you apparently do not own or like 100% of the gaming consoles. You sound like a broken record as well.... "and also sheep... oh and sheep, btw... the SHEEP" :| Its called the Wii... not "sheep"

I guess a true gamer needs a Wii? I have owned more systems than you I can guarantee that. Maybe you don't understand system wars but sheep = Wii/Nintendo fans. Next time maybe you would actually try to reverse the argument instead of changing the subject and talking about sigs.

BTW Wiiisn't a hardcore gaming console it is a mini game machine/workout machine now.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

DS AAAes - 5

Mario Kart DS, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Yoshi's Island DS, Nintendogs, New Super Mario Bros.

DS AAes - 22

Elite Beat Agents, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Meteos, Lunar Knights, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Tony Hawk's American Sk8land, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, Age of Empires: The Age of Kings, Sonic Rush, Metroid Prime Pinball, Bomberman Land Touch!, The New York Times Crosswords, Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales, Clubhouse Games, Spider-Man 3.

PSP AAAes - 2

Daxter, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

PSP AAes - 19

Wipeout Pure, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo, Crush, Twisted Metal: Head-On, Lumines II, Field Commander, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2, Killzone: Liberation, Ridge Racer, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception, Metal Gear Acid 2, Metal Gear Acid, Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure, WTF, Me and My Katamari, Pursuit Force, Exit, Kingdom of Paradise.

Note: all 4 nintendogs count as 1 AAA, spider man 3 is a totally different game from other versions, tekken dark ressurection is on PS3, Syphon Filter : Dark Mirror is coming for PS2, Megaman games are remakes

I'm bored :(

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

Sigma has the SAME MAIN CHARACTER, SAME STORY, SAME MAPS, and the SAME DAMN GAMEPLAY, and that makes it a XBOX PORT

gamergeekgeek

it's not a port. it's still a remake...just not exclusive.

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 SmashBrosLegend
The new count:

Total AAAe:
PC: 5
DS:5
Xbox 360: 3
PSP: 2
Wii: 1
PS3: 0

Total AAe:
PC: 40
DS: 22
PSP: 19
Xbox 360: 8
Wii: 3
PS3: 1

Original Post updated.
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 SmashBrosLegend
Thanks to me2002 for the handheld information.
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

here is a quicker view.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p7pcq78sddbXfN0A-LjKWEA

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 SmashBrosLegend

here is a quicker view.
cobrax75

Very nice, but there are a few problems. There are no DS or PSP scores, and it only lists one AAe for Wii. You forgot Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz.
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

[QUOTE="cobrax75"]
here is a quicker view.
SmashBrosLegend

Very nice, but there are a few problems. There are no DS or PSP scores, and it only lists one AAe for Wii. You forgot Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz.

their are 2 Wii AAE's on the list....it isnt mine though...I found it on another thread.

wannweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#96 wannweed
Member since 2005 • 415 Posts
Sheep want to list only EXCLUSIVE titles because they have crap 3rd party support. Plus Gears is STILL exclusive till it is finally released. Games are canceled all the time and even though that probably won't happen. 360 is the only system you can play it on. Plus games like Oblivion, Rainbow Six, Gears would only make your Wii look even worse. Plus look at that 360 AA list with 3rd party titles I guarantee it would be 3 times bigger. Also if I were a sheep I wouldn't brag about only a mini game being exclusive AAA. Also sheep have what 3 big titles coming this fall I wouldn't brag too much about having one up on PS3. We will see how this new list looks this fall. But I guess according to you Halo 3 won't be exclusive because it will come to PC in 2 years.rexoverbey
exclusives is what matters most, if all games were mulitiplat what would be the point of having4 different gamingsystems to chose from
StephenHu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#97 StephenHu
Member since 2003 • 2852 Posts
Viva Pinata is heading on PC
NerdMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 NerdMan
Member since 2002 • 2749 Posts

[QUOTE="cobrax75"]
here is a quicker view.
SmashBrosLegend

Doh. Had them all correctly highlighted, but forgot to update total. It's fixed. I don't list handhelds becaused they're not the major players.

fartgorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 fartgorilla
Member since 2005 • 785 Posts

I think the 360's year head start is blatantly obvious here. SmashBrosLegend

How is that, exactly? Three of those 360 titles were launch games, and three more would be out by now if the 360 launched at the same time as the PS3 and the Wii. Not to be a fanboy or anything...that just seems like an odd point of view for you to take after compiling this list. Know what I mean?

Edit: forgot about the Wii...oops!

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 SmashBrosLegend

[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"]I think the 360's year head start is blatantly obvious here. fartgorilla

How is that, exactly? Three of those 360 titles were launch games, and three more would be out by now if the 360 launched at the same time as the PS3 and the Wii. Not to be a fanboy or anything...that just seems like an odd point of view for you to take after compiling this list. Know what I mean?

Edit: forgot about the Wii...oops!

I only meant that the 360 has had an entire extra year to produce more games. I'm not making excuses for any other console or anything. I'm just saying that it isn't coincidence that the 360 has been out the longest, and also has the most AAAe and AAe titles among home consoles.