A developers story of Wii u from day 1. (long)

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

According to this developer most of the problems with the WiiU related to this article have been fixed.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

'clickbait'

now that's a good word.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#53 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41584 Posts

@super600 said:

According to this developer most of the problems with the WiiU related to this article have been fixed.

Was reading that on PlayerEssence. Either way Eurogamer and Digital Foundry got their hit.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#54 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Now if that Developer could show us what he is working on.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#55 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

No wonder the wii u has poor 3rd party support. The cpu is trash. The gpu is weakest by far in the next gen. The wii u has the least memory 2gb and 1 is used for games. The online gaming is just bad. The storage is also crappy 8gb on a next gen system and 32gb is not much better. The lcd is just a waste it cost alot and kills the battery life and you only get one.

the gpu is last gen not next gen

the cpu is a absurd sub last gen

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#56 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

nintendo's most talented hardware and software developers dont play online games and dont speak english

they think they are still in 1988

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

I hope their next console doesn't have a "Wii" in it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#58  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41584 Posts

Here's another dev to say the opposite of the EG/DF article:

http://playeressence.com/former-resistance-skylanders-developer-says-nintendo-made-the-wii-u-easy-to-developer-for/

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

Platinum's Kamiya saying that programming for the WIi U is the same as for the 360/PS3

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=220379&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Anonymous source? Sounds reliable to me...

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

Even if Nintendo improve the software to make programming easier for devs, they still have the power difference issue. A CPU and memory bandwidth slower than current gen, and a GPU that is barely more powerfull. The new mobile chips from Nvidia is almost as powerfull, so maybe the WiiU could get mobile games and such at least.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62  Edited By HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

@DaBrainz said:

Anonymous source? Sounds reliable to me...

It was Heil68..at least that who I am blaming it on

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@KingsofQueens said:

Good read.

What a sad state Nintendo has become, really. No ones to blame except Nintendo.

@timbers_WSU said:

Yep. I read this on GAF. You guys should just hang out over there since that is where you all go to get your stories.

And Nintendo makes it really hard to feel sorry for them. They really need to get rid of Iwata, Miyamoto, and everyone else. They obviously cannot figure out today's market. The fact they claim they had no one who ever looked at PSN and XBL is a joke.

Agreed

"They need to get rid of Leonardo de Vinci and get someone else to start painting!" - That's what I heard. Just don't buy Nintendo stuff if you don't like it. No need to throw out the main contributors as well as "everyone else", because they are what makes Nintendo Nintendo. I can understand criticism of Nintendo, but to change them so drastically is absurd. I'd also be cautious about the article too, especially given that a lot of developers since have discredited the article being based on old development kits. I'm not going to stick up for Nintendo on all fronts, they obviously do a lot wrong, but they also do a lot right and you should remember that. Just because it's different doesn't mean they should throw everything out and become like everyone else.

I'm excited about this generation because for once, we see a large difference between the consoles (PS4, One, and Wii U). Unlike last gen with the "twin" HD consoles, we actually have three different consoles on the market. It's a good time for consoles, and I hope Nintendo remains in the business and continues to do things differently.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#64 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Here's another dev to say the opposite of the EG/DF article:

http://playeressence.com/former-resistance-skylanders-developer-says-nintendo-made-the-wii-u-easy-to-developer-for/

@HarlockJC said:

Platinum's Kamiya saying that programming for the WIi U is the same as for the 360/PS3

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=220379&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Some of these guys aren't debunking what the previous dude said and that was Pre-Launch Development.

All that these guys are confirming is that the issues from Launch are no longer there.

Though Kamiya's words may be different since his stuff was being developed Pre-Launch, but then again he had no Language Barrier.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Jakandsigz:

Wii U should have been 1 PPC(for legacy mode) + quad core AMD Jaguar (<2 watts from AMD Temash) + AMD Radeon HD 8570M type (about 15 watts, latest GCN, 6 CUs, 384 stream processors, 64 bit DDR3-2000).

My 13 inch ultrabook (Samsung ATIV Book 8) with 8570M can run Battlefield 4 (google youtube for examples) better than 5730M/6570M (better than 4650M).

------

For the topic, build a better gaming box with 30 watts power budget e.g Intel Slivermnt/Bay_trail (Intel's Jaguar type x86 CPU solution), AMD Jaguar, AMD Radeon HD 8570M. Any, Nvidia Geforce 6x0M/7x0M at 15 watts?

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

I think Wii u is capable only this wiipad was mistake to me. I think update wii mote should have come with every system instead

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Martin_G_N:

Nvidia K1's IGP (running in +27 inch all-in-one ARM based PC) is similar to low power Intel HD 4200 IGP, which is similar to AMD Temash SoC.

AMD already shown Temash (about 5 watts)'s replacement with faster/lower power AMD Mullins SoC(about 2 watts).

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#68  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

FUD and too easy.
/crapthread.