5th Ultra Street Fighter IV character announced

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cuby_Finest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cuby_Finest
Member since 2005 • 1129 Posts

There is no character i like in this dlc.......fing bs

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/17/ultra-street-fighter-4-decapre-combo-video-by-combofiend

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I felt dumb for not owning a single copy of this game's many iterations, but then I remembered it was in the IGC my first month of PS+ way back in 2012.

Hopefully trying it out will be more fun than SFxT

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

When is this game gona finaly go 3D.

Be honest, you're more likely to sidestep a hadoken rather than to jump over it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu

Plus if you jump foward over it, you leave yourself wide open to a follow up Dragon Punch.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

So Evil Cammy.

Not Alex.

Not a new Character.

Evil Cammy.

K.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Lol, it's just Cammy with a different skin.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I watched that event live. Her moveset looks ridiculous. Hopefully it's not too OP, but her speed andrange of movement give her so many dirty mix up options. It's also interesting that she's a charge character.

I probably won't use any of the new characters, but my Balrog is getting so many buffs and I'll probably stick it out with Vega as well.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

Looking incredible.

Cuby_Finest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cuby_Finest
Member since 2005 • 1129 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

I watched that event live. Her moveset looks ridiculous. Hopefully it's not too OP, but her speed andrange of movement give her so many dirty mix up options. It's also interesting that she's a charge character.

I probably won't use any of the new characters, but my Balrog is getting so many buffs and I'll probably stick it out with Vega as well.

makoto ftw

i havnt seen the tweaks yet.....

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@Cuby_Finest said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

makoto ftw

i havnt seen the tweaks yet.....

Well nothing's finalized yet, but you should be able to find the change list on Shoryuken.com if you search Ultra Street Fighter IV beta changes

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Looking incredible.

incredible lazy.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts

What a crock of horses***

Seriously, don't even get any of the dolls people are fans of, NOPE, f***ing Decapre, the one who is basically Cammy with a mask on.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

Reading comments and posts from this community is totally hilarious. Everything makes 'em angry and they like nothing. LOL...

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

Considering Capcom isn't making the update, nor do they really ever from my understand of how things work, to get people into SF, this is specifically something for the fans. Not saying it's a 'love letter' or that sort of thing, just that they're doing a balance update for the people that like playing the SF games and that want a refresh on the gameplay, which USF4 does.

It's easier to reuse a model than to make a brand new one, and while Decapre shares animations with Cammy, she has different moves, and what really matters are the hitboxes and the actual frame data for the moves. Looking similar is honestly irrelevant if moves function differently.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

Sidestep ! ! ! Please Sidestep ! ! !

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OneSanitarium

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Sidestep ! ! ! Please Sidestep ! ! !

You know there are ways to deal with fireballs in SF without just jumping, right? And one of the things about 2D fighters is how space control with projectiles work. If you want a 3D fighter, go play a 3D fighter. TxSF still isn't out yet, so go get excited for that.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Soo its basically cammy with a mask...That was the "brand new character" for the game? fucking pathetic

why not add Alex or Sean >.>

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OneSanitarium
@FinalFighters said:

Soo its basically cammy with a mask...That was the "brand new character" for the game? fucking pathetic

Pretty much an entirely different moveset. It's now a new character story wise, really, but they sort of said that. Gameplay wise brand new.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

3D fighters don't have ranged moves like Fireballs. I actually own 3 3D Fighters. I actually one is more of a 3D Arena Fighter... You know Naruto right ?

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@OneSanitarium said:
@FinalFighters said:

Pretty much an entirely different moveset. It's now a new character story wise, really, but they sort of said that. Gameplay wise brand new.

entirely different my ass. its pretty much cammy's moveset but altered a bit. and her ULTRA looks like Vega's..

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 OneSanitarium
@FinalFighters said:

@OneSanitarium said:
@FinalFighters said:

entirely different my ass. its pretty much cammy's moveset but altered a bit. and her ULTRA looks like Vega's..

Yeah man, air canon drills, teleports, grounded uppercut, a target combo, a projectile OKI/mixup ultra.

But nope, totally just altered a bit. You're totally not blind.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Cammy is my favorite SF character and even I find this lame.

This is one reason why I love SNK. Capcom you have lost your way.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#24  Edited By chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

All that hope of a new original character and we don't get it.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

They are beyond parody at this point.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OneSanitarium

@nini200:

You know SNK isn't much different, right? They have a decent amount of 'clones', KOF13 had on disc DLC, several groupings of characters use the same sprite base.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Cool beans.

I look forward to an excuse to go back to Street Fighter 4. That game was fantastic. Would have liked to seen some Third Strike characters in 4. I was getting semi solid with Alex in Third Strike Online.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nini200

@OneSanitarium said:

@nini200:

You know SNK isn't much different, right? They have a decent amount of 'clones', KOF13 had on disc DLC, several groupings of characters use the same sprite base.

Lol you aren't seriously trying to compare SNK are you? They had ONE KOF 13 with a ONE TIME dlc character install. This is Capcom's what 5th SF4 with EACH iteration having new DLC characters that the older versions can't get.

Yeah SNK is quite a bit different actually. Also, you may not even know that KOF 13 characters are actually 3D character models with removed skins redrawn over with sprites lol

And as far as Clones lol you're not kidding, when you have as many fighting games as SNK has, you have no choice but to have clones somewhere. You have games from Breakers to Savage Reign/Kizuna Encounter to Last Blade to Samurai Shodown to Ninja Masters to Fatal Fury to Art of Fighting to Buriki One to Gals Fighters and more lol of course they'll have clones every now and then, that's basic knowledge for a fighting game but I can tell you this, I bet you there is much more diversity amongst SNK characters than there are amongst Capcom characters. Dude, capcom has around 6 shoto's that use the same sprites and their moves are the same, the hit boxes are different but the animations are the exact same lol don't come here talking about clones and backing Capcom lol

Let's look at SNK, the Kyokugen art has Ryo, Robert, Yuri, Takuma and Marco/Kushnood Butt, yet they ALL use the art differently, the animations are even different lol Not to mention in KOF 11/NGBC, Robert started throwing his fireballs with his legs Lol let's not even start on the changes Kyo kusanagi has undergone with his Art and clothes lol oh Iori doesn't even have his fire anymore and his movelist is COMPLETELY different now lol

Heck, Ryu is still wearing the Exact same outfit he's been wearing since Fighting Street LOL

Come on now One, you're better than this. Just leave this debate alone dude.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Should have definitely been Juni or Juli even though they both look a bit like re-skinned Cammy this one is practically cammy in Juli/Juni uniform.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OneSanitarium
@nini200 said:

@OneSanitarium said:

@nini200:

Lol you aren't seriously trying to compare SNK are you? They had ONE KOF 13 with a ONE TIME dlc character install. This is Capcom's what 5th SF4 with EACH iteration having new DLC characters that the older versions can't get.

Yeah SNK is quite a bit different actually. Also, you may not even know that KOF 13 characters are actually 3D character models with removed skins redrawn over with sprites lol

And as far as Clones lol you're not kidding, when you have as many fighting games as SNK has, you have no choice but to have clones somewhere. You have games from Breakers to Savage Reign/Kizuna Encounter to Last Blade to Samurai Shodown to Ninja Masters to Fatal Fury to Art of Fighting to Buriki One to Gals Fighters and more lol of course they'll have clones every now and then, that's basic knowledge for a fighting game but I can tell you this, I bet you there is much more diversity amongst SNK characters than there are amongst Capcom characters. Dude, capcom has around 6 shoto's that use the same sprites and their moves are the same, the hit boxes are different but the animations are the exact same lol don't come here talking about clones and backing Capcom lol

Let's look at SNK, the Kyokugen art has Ryo, Robert, Yuri, Takuma and Marco/Kushnood Butt, yet they ALL use the art differently, the animations are even different lol Not to mention in KOF 11/NGBC, Robert started throwing his fireballs with his legs Lol let's not even start on the changes Kyo kusanagi has undergone with his Art and clothes lol oh Iori doesn't even have his fire anymore and his movelist is COMPLETELY different now lol

Heck, Ryu is still wearing the Exact same outfit he's been wearing since Fighting Street LOL

SF4 has never had DLC characters. Updates have had characters the previous versions couldn't get, but there has never been actual DLC for brand new characters. I know the process that KOF13 goes through to get characters. I also know that Joe/Hwa, Vice/Mature, and Clark/Ralf use the same basic body. The reason I wrote 'clones' like I did was to say that, even if they look similar, they can play very differently.

You tried arguing things completely irrelevant to anything I said though. And animations being the same but having different hitboxes and frame data mean the moves are different. They're different where it actually matter to distinguish moves from each other.

And bringing up Ryu's attire is, again pretty irrelevant. I know you're an SNK fanboy, so I'll just drop this. I don't even care for Capcom fighters lol.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nini200

@OneSanitarium said:
@nini200 said:

@OneSanitarium said:

@nini200:

SF4 has never had DLC characters. Updates have had characters the previous versions couldn't get, but there has never been actual DLC for brand new characters. I know the process that KOF13 goes through to get characters. I also know that Joe/Hwa, Vice/Mature, and Clark/Ralf use the same basic body. The reason I wrote 'clones' like I did was to say that, even if they look similar, they can play very differently.

You tried arguing things completely irrelevant to anything I said though. And animations being the same but having different hitboxes and frame data mean the moves are different. They're different where it actually matter to distinguish moves from each other.

And bringing up Ryu's attire is, again pretty irrelevant. I know you're an SNK fanboy, so I'll just drop this. I don't even care for Capcom fighters lol.

Yea just drop it because you have are obviously not that versed in SNK fighters lol

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OneSanitarium

Very well thought up reply. Really, good job. You replied, with in depth reasoning behind your thoughts, and you didn't try to selectively pull a different meaning from my words to seem like i'm talking badly about SNK games.