50 Cent Video Game Blood On The Sand Details

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lord_Pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lord_Pro
Member since 2006 • 324 Posts

G-Unit members will also be featured in the far-flung, bullet-ridden adventure.

Three years ago, 50 Cent was "Bulletproof." Now he's leaving "Blood on the Sand."

The hop-hop star is getting a new video game this year, one that takes him to new platforms, a new game developer and a whole new role.

And for anyone who wasn't satisfied with 2005's multimillion-selling "Bulletproof," the game's producer hears you. This one is going to be better.

"Once we get the game out there ... I think people will realize right away where our focus for the sequel is," Vivendi Games producer Aaron Blean told MTV News. "We've emphasized the gameplay quality [more] than anything this time around. We can't wait to show the game around."

So what's this "Blood on the Sand" stuff? Why is 50 wearing desert camo? The developers won't say what 50 is doing in this game or where it takes place just yet. Blean will only explain that this "sequel" isn't really a sequel. It doesn't pick up the story of "Bulletproof," which depicted a violent adventure imagining a 50 Cent who had never gone into music.

"Blood on the Sand" is something more exotic, more Hollywood blockbuster. This game sets 50's character against a cabal of international gangsters on a far-flung, bullet-riddled adventure.

"I would say it's inspired by 'Three Kings' meets 'Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels,' " Blean said. "It's definitely a crime story." The developer credited 50 with pushing the game creators to consider novel locations and said the MC played a big part in crafting the game's still-secret story.

Earlier this year, MTV News heard rumors of a so-called "Gears of 50" game in development, a reference to the Xbox 360 hit "Gears of War" from Epic Games. Epic's title was one of the best-selling and best-reviewed games of the last few years - not a bad title to be compared to. And it turns out the comparisons are apt: 50's new game, like "Gears of War," will run on the Unreal Engine 3 graphics technology and will persistently feature a main character, 50, and a second character who will be controlled either by the computer or by a friend logging in online.

Blean listed some gameplay ideas that will set "Blood on the Sand" and "Gears of War" apart. He said a scoring mode, which was an unlockable bonus in "Bulletproof," will now be a main component of the game. He described it as an arcade-****angle. Also, the second player's character can be, at last count, one of three members of the G-Unit: Tony Yayo, Whoo Kid or Lloyd Banks, each specializing in different combat techniques. The co-op will allow for drop-in/drop-out play with a friend, à la "Lego Star Wars." The second player just can't play as 50 Cent if player one is 50. There just can't be two of the man in one place. Also different from "Gears of War": 50 Cent won't be shooting aliens.

"When 50 was onsite at Vivendi with Tony Yayo, one of the things they challenged us to do was introduce new elements of gameplay in the game," Blean said.

"Instead of having them always running and gunning, they wanted something that would break the pace of that." So "Blood on the Sand" will include vehicle missions such as a driver-and-turret-gunner Humvee road chase and a helicopter-borne shootout, in which 50 and his ally "rain death from above" onto enemies in a city.

The first 50 Cent video game wasn't just a game; it was something of a 50 Cent box set, stocked with music and videos by 50 and G-Unit. "Blood on the Sand" is set to feature more exclusive music than the first.

"50 is going to create exclusive tracks for the game that you can only listen to in the game," Blean said, describing the game as the "ultimate 50 Cent experience." And he teased that more high-profile hip-hop talent may get involved too.

The development team for this game is the England-based Swordfish Studios, who got the gig on the merits of a shooter game called "Cold Winter," Blean said.
What differences will "Bulletproof" players notice when they first try "Blood on the Sand?" "The first thing people are going to notice right out the gate is - not only the visuals and how incredible the environments and the game models look - I would also say the controls and the AI will be much, much better than the first game."
And any Vitamin Water cameos, for moments when virtual-50 needs a health boost? "There will definitely be some 50 brand integration in the game," Blean laughed. "I'll leave it at that."

"50 Cent: Blood on the Sand" is slated for the Xbox 360 and PS3 this fall.

http://www.mtv.ca/news/article.jhtml?id=7956

jhonnyboi1134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 jhonnyboi1134
Member since 2004 • 1263 Posts
lmao
wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
lmaojhonnyboi1134
Hahaha... I loled.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
enjoy your quality gaming in HD graphics :lol:
Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jacboy71
Member since 2007 • 1421 Posts
If its a new developer this might be a definite buy the first game wasnt as awful as most make it out to be I enjoyed it somewhat there was plenty of room for improvement.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

"The hop-hop star is getting a new video game this year, one that takes him to new platforms, a new game developer and a whole new role."

What is a hop-hop star?

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Thank god for 50 cent pushing the video game industry forward like none other.
Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jacboy71

Earlier this year, MTV News heard rumors of a so-called "Gears of 50" game in development, a reference to the Xbox 360 hit "Gears of War" from Epic Games. Epic's title was one of the best-selling and best-reviewed games of the last few years - not a bad title to be compared to. And it turns out the comparisons are apt: 50's new game, like "Gears of War," will run on the Unreal Engine 3 graphics technology and will persistently feature a main character, 50, and a second character who will be controlled either by the computer or by a friend logging in online.

I was hoping for something just like this I hope it pans out other than being just another unreal flop

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
"Blood On The Sand"?:lol: This has gotta be fake, right? :? Right....? :cry:
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

Thank god for 50 cent pushing the video game industry forward like none other.JiveT

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Avatar image for jaisimar_chelse
jaisimar_chelse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jaisimar_chelse
Member since 2007 • 1931 Posts

Thank god for 50 cent pushing the video game industry forward like none other.JiveT

plz tell me this was sarcasm , plz.

for the love of god .

RazMaTaz-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RazMaTaz-1
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts
AAAA confirmed
Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jacboy71

"Blood On The Sand"?:lol: This has gotta be fake, right? :? Right....? :cry:BioShockOwnz

Aww come on bioshock I thought you would agree with me on this one it has potential and im hyping it AA for now.

gasmaskman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 gasmaskman
Member since 2005 • 3463 Posts

"Blood On The Sand"?:lol: This has gotta be fake, right? :? Right....? :cry:BioShockOwnz

Hahahaha, I know, Blood On The Sand... LMAO

big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 big_boss4life
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts

If its a new developer this might be a definite buy the first game wasnt as awful as most make it out to be I enjoyed it somewhat there was plenty of room for improvement.Jacboy71

*looks @ icon, looks @ avatar* mmm yeah you might be one of those who could enjoy the game.......

oldvander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 oldvander
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts
Lol why are they making 50 cent games. He's just a rap star. Why not make "kanye wild wild west" or "Tupac abs of fury".
Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jacboy71

[QUOTE="Jacboy71"]If its a new developer this might be a definite buy the first game wasnt as awful as most make it out to be I enjoyed it somewhat there was plenty of room for improvement.big_boss4life

*looks @ icon, looks @ avatar* mmm yeah you might be one of those who could enjoy the game.......

*Looks at icon, looks at avatar*

*Dies of laughter*

Yeah I might be one of those who enjoy the what of it a man is entitled to like what he wants. what do you mean by that anyway?

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
50 cent?.. isn't he from the time when eminem was still alive? :P
Avatar image for DaveyDeathblade
DaveyDeathblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaveyDeathblade
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

[QUOTE="Jacboy71"]If its a new developer this might be a definite buy the first game wasnt as awful as most make it out to be I enjoyed it somewhat there was plenty of room for improvement.big_boss4life

Heh, heh, racism, heh, heh... :?

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

That's kind of racist. I'm white (and pretty much a nerd), and I enjoy rap, just not 50. Your message implies that a certain group of people would have lower standards for games. My "ghetto" brother (who's nowhere near the stereotype) has standards just as high as me for games.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 tekmojo
Member since 2006 • 1425 Posts

yeaaa boiii

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="big_boss4life"]

[QUOTE="Jacboy71"]If its a new developer this might be a definite buy the first game wasnt as awful as most make it out to be I enjoyed it somewhat there was plenty of room for improvement.Jacboy71

*Looks at icon, looks at avatar*

*Dies of laughter*

Yeah I might be one of those who enjoy the what of it a man is entitled to like what he wants. what do you mean by that anyway?

It was a racist comment and that kind of talk shouldn't exist in SW's. Anyways, I like rap/hip hop, but 50 Cent is a joke.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
[QUOTE="big_boss4life"]

[QUOTE="Jacboy71"]If its a new developer this might be a definite buy the first game wasnt as awful as most make it out to be I enjoyed it somewhat there was plenty of room for improvement.DaveyDeathblade

lol i think he meant the "partying" group not the black group.

although i did get that feeling too from reading the message, however i try to see the best in people rather than judge them :?

JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts

50 cent and g-unit are hardly relevant anymore

this game is going to flop in both review scores and sales

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jacboy71
[QUOTE="DaveyDeathblade"][QUOTE="big_boss4life"]

[QUOTE="Jacboy71"]If its a new developer this might be a definite buy the first game wasnt as awful as most make it out to be I enjoyed it somewhat there was plenty of room for improvement.nintendo-4life

lol i think he meant the "partying" group not the black group.

although i did get that feeling too from reading the message, however i try to see the best in people rather than judge them :?

Yeah it came off kinda like that but I dont think he meant it that way and if he did *shrugs not my problem*

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts

[QUOTE="JiveT"]Thank god for 50 cent pushing the video game industry forward like none other.DragonfireXZ95

I strongly consiter 50 cent a high quality benefactor in the gaming world.

Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts
Please some tell me this is just a bad dream:cry:!!! Dont want see more filth from 50 cent, bulletproof was enough.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="JiveT"]Thank god for 50 cent pushing the video game industry forward like none other.Relys

I strongly consiter 50 cent a high quality benefactor in the gaming world.

I strongly considered 50 cent as a high quality producer of expensive coasters.

CubanBlunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CubanBlunt
Member since 2005 • 2025 Posts
Get rich or die tryin', can get mad at 50 for that.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#30 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I dont care if they're working to improve the gameplay aspect.

50 cent on it = PHAIL
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Always-Honest

this will be a bigger flop than that ET game.... who the hell wants to play as 50 cent++?

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lab392
Member since 2006 • 6217 Posts

yeaaa boiii

tekmojo

I think I just wet myself. :?

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lab392
Member since 2006 • 6217 Posts

I enjoy hawt chiks too, but that doesn't mean that I liked Bulletproof. :?

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Always-Honest
[QUOTE="tekmojo"]

yeaaa boiii

Lab392

ha, ha, yeah, this is what ganagsta rap has become.....

Cute_Red_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cute_Red_Panda
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts
This is a April's Fool joke. It has to be!
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
[QUOTE="Lab392"][QUOTE="tekmojo"]

yeaaa boiii

Always-Honest

ha, ha, yeah, this is what ganagsta rap has become.....

Gangsta Rap always sucked.
-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts

Whats the problem if he enjoys the game?, i have seen ur picture in the OT forum you look like emo..thats why u cry in every MGS ending :lol:
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="tekmojo"]

yeaaa boiii

Lab392

Must be ICP fans...

Cute_Red_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cute_Red_Panda
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts
[QUOTE="Lab392"][QUOTE="tekmojo"]

yeaaa boiii

BioShockOwnz

Must be ICP fans...

:lol: good one.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

And for anyone who wasn't satisfied with 2005's multimillion-selling "Bulletproof," the game's producer hears you. This one is going to be better.

"Once we get the game out there ... I think people will realize right away where our focus for the sequel is"

50 wearing desert camo? more exotic, more Hollywood blockbuster. a cabal of international gangsters on a far-flung, bullet-riddled adventure.

The developer credited 50 with pushing the game creators to consider novel locations and said the MC played a big part in crafting the game's still-secret story.

a scoring mode, which was an unlockable bonus in "Bulletproof," will now be a main component of the game. He described it as an arcade-****angle. Also, the second player's character can be, at last count, one of three members of the G-Unit: Tony Yayo, Whoo Kid or Lloyd Banks,

"When 50 was onsite at Vivendi with Tony Yayo, one of the things they challenged us to do was introduce new elements of gameplay in the game," Blean said.

vehicle missions such as a driver-and-turret-gunner Humvee road chase and a helicopter-borne shootout, in which 50 and his ally "rain death from above" onto enemies in a city.

"50 is going to create exclusive tracks for the game that you can only listen to in the game," Blean said, describing the game as the "ultimate 50 Cent experience." And he teased that more high-profile hip-hop talent may get involved too.
"There will definitely be some 50 brand integration in the game," Blean laughed. "I'll leave it at that."

Lord_Pro

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

yeaaa boiii

tekmojo
WIN:lol:
jhonnyboi1134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jhonnyboi1134
Member since 2004 • 1263 Posts
[QUOTE="tekmojo"]

yeaaa boiii

legend26

WIN:lol:

this is a disturbing pic. lol

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
GOTY, quote me.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#44 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
50 Cent Bulletproof may have sucked, but just b/c it's a hip hop based video game doesn't mean it'll suck. I had my doubts about the original Def Jam Vendetta, but it was a decent game. Just because 50 Cent is an overrated hip hop artist doesn't mean a game featuring him will always suck.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
....wheres the Kanye West game? cause i might actually play that one...
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

50 Cent Bulletproof may have sucked, but just b/c it's a hip hop based video game doesn't mean it'll suck. I had my doubts about the original Def Jam Vendetta, but it was a decent game. Just because 50 Cent is an overrated hip hop artist doesn't mean a game featuring him will always suck. majadamus

Indeed, I always like Def Jam Fight for NY and i was surprised with the score the game get here

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
This game will look and be an overall better game than fable 2!
SaintsRowSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SaintsRowSam
Member since 2006 • 2807 Posts
should it be pernounced... "fity" or "fifty"?
kokomos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kokomos
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

ROFLMAFO I hope it comes to the Wii

But in all seriousness, come on guys. Another 50 Cent game? The first one was bad enough, we don't need more crap. Also, wake up. 50 Cent is dead, move on. Seriously, Kayne West is better.

Lemmywinks_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lemmywinks_360
Member since 2007 • 1996 Posts
0_0 the ****?