360 sales jump 99% in the UK from Halo

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SilentlyMad
Member since 2009 • 2093 Posts

The launch of Halo: Reach helped double Xbox 360 sales in the UK last week.

Bungie's latest contributed to a 99 per cent increase in 360 adoption, Chart-Track told GI.biz.

Despite Microsoft's extremely high hopes for the title, analysts reckon Halo: Reach has "no chance" of outselling Call of Duty: Black Ops, although that hasn't stopped the game from enjoying a record-breaking launch.

The game sold 330,000 copies in its first day of availability in the UK and generated $200 million worldwide in 24 hours. If you haven't already, you can lay your eyes on CVG's Halo: Reach review here.

Link

Nice deal. The slim launch made the 360 sales jump 1000% in the UK and now another big jump from Halo. With Kinect coming soon I bet there will be another jump also It is funny about CoD. Of course a hugely popular series on 3 different systems will sell better then a game on one system. I think it is amazing how close Halo gets considering it is exclusive.

But anyone that wants Halo would already have bought a 360.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

System seller confirmed :P

BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BigBoss154
Member since 2009 • 2956 Posts

The launch of Halo: Reach helped double Xbox 360 sales in the UK last week.

Bungie's latest contributed to a 99 per cent increase in 360 adoption, Chart-Track told GI.biz.

Despite Microsoft's extremely high hopes for the title, analysts reckon Halo: Reach has "no chance" of outselling Call of Duty: Black Ops, although that hasn't stopped the game from enjoying a record-breaking launch.

The game sold 330,000 copies in its first day of availability in the UK and generated $200 million worldwide in 24 hours. If you haven't already, you can lay your eyes on CVG's Halo: Reach review here.

Link

Nice deal. The slim launch made the 360 sales jump 1000% in the UK and now another big jump from Halo. With Kinect coming soon I bet there will be another jump also

SilentlyMad

That, and the fact that the cheapest PS3 unit over here is still about $100 more expensive than the most expensive 360.

Goddamn it, Sony. :x

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

I knew I shouldn' thave listened to those who said all that wanted a 360 for Halo had already bought one for Halo 3. :P

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61536 Posts

I'm honestly not surprised... At all.

Halo: Reach turned out to be hugely popular.

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
not a 100... Epic fail! Just joking of course, anyone who had doubts Halo wouldn't ship more units was clearly in denial. Just as much in denial as the people that think this will be the last Halo. :P
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#7 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts

Advertisement + Slim Console + Biggest System Seller = Win!

I want to see the actual numbers though, percentages are hard to compare when there is no actual numbers to know big the increase was.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

This isn't anything new or a surprise to anyone. The Halo franchise is what xbox is built from. Without it there would be no xbox consoles.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

wow who didnt know i personally know3 people who went and bought the halo xbox purely cause it made halo noises yet have totally fine 360's.....Silly people should have just bought the game and been done with it.

Anyhow its a good gaame i'll give it that just cant believe people got sucked into buying a 360 that makes halo noises :S

SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SilentlyMad

This isn't anything new or a surprise to anyone. The Halo franchise is what xbox is built from. Without it there would be no xbox consoles.

clr84651
That is true if you were only talking last gen. Halo 3 did not even come out till 2 years after the 360 launched and the 360 already sold very well ebfore the release of Halo 3.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but perhaps most of these sales came from 360 owners in the UK who wanted to replace their old fat model with the 360 slim but waited until a Reach bundle came out before doing so. I'm not speaking in definite terms, mind you, so don't get mad.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

People are surprised things are selling because of halo?

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
I'm really shocked....okay not really.
Mr_McDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mr_McDeath
Member since 2005 • 188 Posts
BREAKING NEWS: Overrated and advertised-to-hell franchise boosts console sales.
bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 bigboss5ak
Member since 2007 • 2962 Posts

Animal-Mother
Wern't you one of the ones saying it wouldn't push consoles because people already have 360's for halo??
SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SilentlyMad

I'm really shocked....okay not really.FIipMode
I am kinda shocked since I have heard for the longest time from all the PS3 fans that anyone that wants Halo would already have a 360. I am sure we have all seen it from the PS3 fans saying GT5 will be a huge system seller because no GT yet ( I guess besides prologue) but Halo 3 is out so anyone wanting Reach already has a 360. Even Nervmeister said it in this thread that it is only because people wanted a slim so you see why would the PS3 fans lie?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

bigboss5ak
Wern't you one of the ones saying it wouldn't push consoles because people already have 360's for halo??

No. I did not. Plus that has nothing to do with what i said. So please don't put words in my mouth.
bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bigboss5ak

clr84651
Almost every cow in sw said reach wouldn't push consoles im sure they will be surprised. Goes to show you cant take a cows word for anything
kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kuu2  Online
Member since 2005 • 12069 Posts

I thought all the people that were Halo fans had already purchase a 36o?

Now if only I could get my Reach disc to save and let me progress correctly.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lundy86_4  Online

BREAKING NEWS: Overrated and advertised-to-hell franchise boosts console sales.Mr_McDeath

Overrated by whom exactly? The franchise is very well received critically.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="clr84651"]

bigboss5ak
Almost every cow in sw said reach wouldn't push consoles im sure they will be surprised. Goes to show you cant take a cows word for anything

You have proof?
SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SilentlyMad
[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Animal-Mother

No. I did not. Plus that has nothing to do with what i said. So please don't put words in my mouth.

Well if you did say that then that would contradict your first post.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

System seller confirmed :P

PAL360
So much for "people that want to play Halo already own a 360". New fans have to come from somewhere.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="SilentlyMad"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="bigboss5ak"] Wern't you one of the ones saying it wouldn't push consoles because people already have 360's for halo??

Well if you did say that then that would contradict your first post.

What? No it wouldn't. I basically said people are surprised that halo makes things sell. Which it's not. We know how popular the franchise is.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

[QUOTE="FIipMode"]I'm really shocked....okay not really.SilentlyMad

I am kinda shocked since I have heard for the longest time from all the PS3 fans that anyone that wants Halo would already have a 360. I am sure we have all seen it from the PS3 fans saying GT5 will be a huge system seller because no GT yet ( I guess besides prologue) but Halo 3 is out so anyone wanting Reach already has a 360. Even Nervmeister said it in this thread that it is only because people wanted a slim so you see why would the PS3 fans lie?

Whatever. I just find it a bit strange that a Halo Sequel which made no (major) improvements/upgrades or overhauls to gameplay would move systems while Mario Galaxy 2 and God of War 3 didn't (though the software sales were great). The "if it aint broke, don't fix it" approach to most sequels don't tend to move that many systems. Hence my alternative theory.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
BREAKING NEWS: Overrated and advertised-to-hell franchise boosts console sales.Mr_McDeath
It's a shame the 360 has no more redeeming value than overrated and advertised-to-hell Halos.
bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bigboss5ak
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="bigboss5ak"][QUOTE="clr84651"]

You have proof?

The internet is here for you to find proof yourself not me. But id just be wasting my time anyway because you already know that cows have been spouting that nonsense. If you come to sw than you already know, plus you dont strike me as the dense type so im sure you know.
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FIipMode

[QUOTE="FIipMode"]I'm really shocked....okay not really.SilentlyMad

All the PS3 fans? you generalizing again?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="bigboss5ak"] Almost every cow in sw said reach wouldn't push consoles im sure they will be surprised. Goes to show you cant take a cows word for anythingbigboss5ak
You have proof?

The internet is here for you to find proof yourself not me. But id just be wasting my time anyway because you already know that cows have been spouting that nonsense. If you come to sw than you already know, plus you dont strike me as the dense type so im sure you know.

No,I have a question. If you claimed king kong existed.How would I believe you without some evidence backing up your claim..... It's basic knowledge if you wanna make a statement you need facts to back it up. Rather than say go look for it on your own/.
thespywholied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thespywholied
Member since 2008 • 3358 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_McDeath"]BREAKING NEWS: Overrated and advertised-to-hell franchise boosts console sales.lundy86_4

Overrated because many people like it. ;)

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FIipMode
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="bigboss5ak"] Almost every cow in sw said reach wouldn't push consoles im sure they will be surprised. Goes to show you cant take a cows word for anythingbigboss5ak
You have proof?

burden of proof is on you pal.
SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SilentlyMad

[QUOTE="Mr_McDeath"]BREAKING NEWS: Overrated and advertised-to-hell franchise boosts console sales.kuraimen
It's a shame the 360 has no more redeeming value than overrated and advertised-to-hell Halos.

Halo reach 9.5 and Halo 3 9.5 > Killzone 2 9.0 and Resistance 2 9.0

Sells better ( more people want it) then the PS3 shooters and scores better also.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lundy86_4  Online

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Mr_McDeath"]BREAKING NEWS: Overrated and advertised-to-hell franchise boosts console sales.thespywholied

Must be it. How can someone call such a successful series overrated? Especially if it has some ridiculously good review scores to back it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

[QUOTE="clr84651"]

SilentlyMad

That is true if you were only talking last gen. Halo 3 did not even come out till 2 years after the 360 launched and the 360 already sold very well ebfore the release of Halo 3.

Also take into account that it had 1 year head start with 0 competition. That helped a great deal.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="thespywholied"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lundy86_4

Must be it. How can someone call such a successful series overrated? Especially if it has some ridiculously good review scores to back it.

I think he's thinking overrated in the sense that. It's praised to hell and back. It deserves it. But you kno different strokes for different folks.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="SilentlyMad"]

[QUOTE="FIipMode"]I'm really shocked....okay not really.FIipMode

We can't name individuals or it would be trolling. PS3 fans sounds about right.
mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mystervj
Member since 2010 • 2213 Posts
I've said it won't push nearly as much consoles as much as Halo 3, 100% boost doesn't seem that much in actual numbers, it's just a week. Pretty sure we've seen more impressive numbers than that.
SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SilentlyMad

[QUOTE="SilentlyMad"][QUOTE="clr84651"]

Crossel777

Also take into account that it had 1 year head start. That helped a great deal.

Are you talking about over the PS3? If so what does that matter for two different reasons 1- How does the PS3 effect only Halo sells 360 systems since if anything the PS3 being out while the 360 has no Halo that should hurt the 360 sales but the 360 was outselling the PS3 and 2- (math fail) I said 2 years after the launch so when did 1 year become more then 2? The 360 was still outselling the PS3 before Halo was released.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lundy86_4  Online

I think he's thinking overrated in the sense that. It's praised to hell and back. It deserves it. But you kno different strokes for different folks.Animal-Mother

Ahhh, I see.

Yup, I can understand how people don't like it as I love CE and didn't like 2 all that much.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FIipMode

[QUOTE="FIipMode"]

[QUOTE="SilentlyMad"]I am kinda shocked since I have heard for the longest time from all the PS3 fans that anyone that wants Halo would already have a 360. I am sure we have all seen it from the PS3 fans saying GT5 will be a huge system seller because no GT yet ( I guess besides prologue) but Halo 3 is out so anyone wanting Reach already has a 360. Even Nervmeister said it in this thread that it is only because people wanted a slim so you see why would the PS3 fans lie?

SaltyMeatballs

Sounds about wrong actually, i also like how he limits it to only PS3 fans but watch this.

Flipmode here, and I'm a PS3 fan, and I NEVER said Reach wouldn't sell consoles.

There goes his theory....

SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SilentlyMad

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="FIipMode"] All the PS3 fans? you generalizing again?

FIipMode

Sounds about wrong actually, i also like how he limits it to only PS3 fans but watch this.

Flipmode here, and I'm a PS3 fan, and I NEVER said Reach wouldn't sell consoles.

Well that works great saying that in a thread that already shows Halo increases sales. That is like me saying Halo Reach will get a 9.5 after the score is released.

I love how people that are on here everyday try and deny it now.

bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bigboss5ak
[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] You have proof?FIipMode

You to flipmode?? your gonna take the "i want proof' route as well?? When you visit nearly all of the threads i do your gonna tell me you haven't been noticing people claim that?? A large number of people at that. But if you choose to turn a blind eye now and act like you've never seen it than whatever
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FIipMode
[QUOTE="FIipMode"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] We can't name individuals or it would be trolling. PS3 fans sounds about right.SilentlyMad

Well that works great saying that in a thread that already shows Halo increases sales. That is like me saying Halo Reach will get a 9.5 after the score is released.

lol, you wanna go find me saying it then?
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="FIipMode"][QUOTE="bigboss5ak"] The internet is here for you to find proof yourself not me. But id just be wasting my time anyway because you already know that cows have been spouting that nonsense. If you come to sw than you already know, plus you dont strike me as the dense type so im sure you know.bigboss5ak

You to flipmode?? your gonna take the "i want proof' route as well?? When you visit nearly all of the threads i do your gonna tell me you haven't been noticing people claim that?? A large number of people at that. But if you choose to turn a blind eye now and act like you've never seen it than whatever

You claimed king kong existed. Now show us that he does.

SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SilentlyMad

[QUOTE="SilentlyMad"][QUOTE="FIipMode"]

FIipMode

lol, you wanna go find me saying it then?

Sorry but you are not someone I care enough about to spend all that time looking through their posts.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FIipMode
[QUOTE="FIipMode"][QUOTE="bigboss5ak"] The internet is here for you to find proof yourself not me. But id just be wasting my time anyway because you already know that cows have been spouting that nonsense. If you come to sw than you already know, plus you dont strike me as the dense type so im sure you know.bigboss5ak

I heard mostly it won't be system seller like Halo 3, I said that too actually, but not sell any consoles? Hardly.
mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mystervj
Member since 2010 • 2213 Posts
This is actually pretty pathetic numbers to be honest, MGS boosted PS3 by 700% in it's launch week http://ps3.ign.com/articles/882/882248p1.html I bet it's just due to advertising and Reach bundles that existing Halo fans already want.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts
[QUOTE="Crossel777"][QUOTE="SilentlyMad"]That is true if you were only talking last gen. Halo 3 did not even come out till 2 years after the 360 launched and the 360 already sold very well ebfore the release of Halo 3.SilentlyMad
Also take into account that it had 1 year head start. That helped a great deal.

Are you talking about over the PS3? If so what does that matter for two different reasons 1- How does the PS3 effect only Halo sells systems and 2- (math fail) I said 2 years after the launch so when did 1 year become more then 2? The 360 was still outselling the PS3 before Halo was released.

No i'm talking about the xbox 360 as a whole, it had absolutely no competition in it's first year of launch. Therefore it ammounted 1 years worth of sales solely on it's existance with games like Kameo. Obviously that helped xbox 360 in sales.