360 price drop is a sneaky scam. Patience is rewarding.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

Don't fool yourself to buy a 360 because it's 50 dollars cheaper. Microsoft had announced its 100% defect rate at E3.

This is their way of attempting to clear as much defective 360s as much as possible before the fixed 360s come out. So hold onto your bills and wait for the fixed 360 to come out. You wouldn't want to go through the trouble of exchanging 360s and any game that comes out for it isn't going to just suddenly not work on a 360.

Wait for the fixed version.

lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lafigueroa
Member since 2004 • 6648 Posts

Any proof other than your wild conspiracy theories?

No concrete evidence? Didn't think so.

Limbutus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Limbutus
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

NobuoMusicMaker

you meanx Xbox 720 ?

river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts

wow, just wait for the lems to come in and say "NOOOOO NOO your wrong ms wouldnt do that to us, unlike sony, pownd i win"

metallica_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 metallica_one
Member since 2004 • 966 Posts

Don't fool yourself to buy a 360 because it's 50 dollars cheaper. Microsoft had announced its 100% defect rate at E3.

This is their way of attempting to clear as much defective 360s as much as possible before the fixed 360s come out. So hold onto your bills and wait for the fixed 360 to come out. You wouldn't want to go through the trouble of exchanging 360s and any game that comes out for it isn't going to just suddenly not work on a 360.

NobuoMusicMaker
just because ps3 price cut and you are mad about that. that does not mean that x360 price cut is a scam
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
So should I have waited to get the PS3 with its price drop, since its discontinued, and wait to see what they do with the 80gb? I thought no way, I want to bash the PS3 without being called a fanboy, so I bought one last night, hahaah
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Your probably right!

Although its like 1/5 that are faulty in real terms.

NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NobuoMusicMaker

lafigueroa

You mean MS announcing 100% defective rate of their systems isn't concrete enough?

http://www.fastsilicon.com/latest-news/microsoft-admits-all-xbox360s-are-defective.html?Itemid=60

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
So, before you could have bought a 360 for $400.  It has a high chance of failing on you, and MS will fix it for free.

Now, you can buy a 360 for $350.  It has a high chance of failing on you, and MS will fix it for free.

I fail to see how this isn't an improvement.  Besides, why would MS want to clear out bad inventory?  Whether it's sold now or in 6 months, if it breaks, they still have to fix it, only now they're bringing in less money to offset the cost of repair.  That whistling sound you hear is your theory being shot down and spiraling into the ground.
metallica_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 metallica_one
Member since 2004 • 966 Posts
So should I have waited to get the PS3 with its price drop, since its discontinued, and wait to see what they do with the 80gb? I thought no way, I want to bash the PS3 without being called a fanboy, so I bought one last night, hahaahHeil68
lol
lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lafigueroa
Member since 2004 • 6648 Posts
[QUOTE="lafigueroa"]

NobuoMusicMaker

You mean MS announcing 100% defective rate of their systems isn't concrete enough?

http://www.fastsilicon.com/latest-news/microsoft-admits-all-xbox360s-are-defective.html?Itemid=60

It isn't. You're claiming the sole reason they are droping the price is to "clear the way for fixed 360s". You have no evidence to support the fact that this wasn't preplanned to, say, coinicede with the beggining of the Halo 3 marketing period, which began 4 days ago. You have no evidence that they didn't reduce the size of components so that it made it less expensive to make a 360 on Microsoft's end. Why should I believe you when you say that this is all "a sneaky acam"?

zsc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zsc4
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts
Well I for one wont buy a 360 under its current state, fix the hardware then offer it to the general public Microsoft. Even if they sold a defective console for $50 I would think twice, when it stops working the headaches and frustration is not worth bearing. However, when they do fix the hardware issues I will definitely buy it.
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NobuoMusicMaker

So, before you could have bought a 360 for $400. It has a high chance of failing on you, and MS will fix it for free.

Now, you can buy a 360 for $350. It has a high chance of failing on you, and MS will fix it for free.

I fail to see how this isn't an improvement. Besides, why would MS want to clear out bad inventory? Whether it's sold now or in 6 months, if it breaks, they still have to fix it, only now they're bringing in less money to offset the cost of repair. That whistling sound you hear is your theory being shot down and spiraling into the ground.lowe0

They will keep fixing it until your 3 year warranty ends. They will not replace it, that's what the sources of the 360 service centres say. So in 3 years, you're stuck with a dead console and will have to spend whatever amount of dollars on another 360. Or you can just wait until the non-defective 360s come out and buy that which will, hopefully, last for your lifetime.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

So, before you could have bought a 360 for $400. It has a high chance of failing on you, and MS will fix it for free.

Now, you can buy a 360 for $350. It has a high chance of failing on you, and MS will fix it for free.

I fail to see how this isn't an improvement. Besides, why would MS want to clear out bad inventory? Whether it's sold now or in 6 months, if it breaks, they still have to fix it, only now they're bringing in less money to offset the cost of repair. That whistling sound you hear is your theory being shot down and spiraling into the ground.lowe0

/thread

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

They will keep fixing it until your 3 year warranty ends. They will not replace it, that's what the sources of the 360 service centres say. So in 3 years, you're stuck with a dead console and will have to spend whatever amount of dollars on another 360. Or you can just wait until the non-defective 360s come out and buy that which will, hopefully, last for your lifetime.

NobuoMusicMaker
Consoles don't last forever.  My PS2's DVD drive has started making a disconcerting click and is having trouble reading discs.  Getting that fixed will cost me almost as much as a new PS2.
Besides, why would I buy another 360 in 3 years?  Hopefully by then, MS has released the next Xbox.  Sony may talk about their 10 year plan, but does anyone really want to be playing games that look like the current ones even 5 years from now, let alone 10?
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
[QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]

lowe0

Why would I buy another 360 in 3 years? Hopefully by then, MS has released the next Xbox. Sony may talk about their 10 year plan, but does anyone really want to be playing games that look like the current ones even 5 years from now, let alone 10?

After seeing RE5, would we want games to get better? :?

Thebettertwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Thebettertwin
Member since 2005 • 1051 Posts
[QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]

lowe0

Consoles don't last forever. My PS2's DVD drive has started making a disconcerting click and is having trouble reading discs. Getting that fixed will cost me almost as much as a new PS2.
Besides, why would I buy another 360 in 3 years? Hopefully by then, MS has released the next Xbox. Sony may talk about their 10 year plan, but does anyone really want to be playing games that look like the current ones even 5 years from now, let alone 10?

didnt you hear cows enjoy waiting

-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Ninja_Dog-
Member since 2005 • 4197 Posts

So should I have waited to get the PS3 with its price drop, since its discontinued, and wait to see what they do with the 80gb? I thought no way, I want to bash the PS3 without being called a fanboy, so I bought one last night, hahaahHeil68

Oh yeah. Do you like I wanted to buy one to bash it too.

But how do you like it ?

Is it worth?

550 after tax is alot.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
This cow really doesn't know when to stop posting.