360 Elite $299 and Pro $250 from next week

• 177 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wayne_kar
Member since 2009 • 2090 Posts

http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/25/xbox-360-pro-and-elite-price-cuts-confirmed-in-target-ad-for-nex/

"We just received a pair of pics from "next week's" Target Ad. As has been heavily rumored, the Xbox 360 60GB Pro system will be cut to $250 while the 120GB Elite will drop to $300. Knowing that Target's weekly ads run from Sunday to Saturday we fully expect to see the new pricing go into effect onSunday the 30th"

How do you like them apples ?

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
Not a bad deal at all. A pro for $249 plus a extra controller.
aero250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 aero250
Member since 2009 • 3613 Posts
$249 is a great price.
nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nyctota
Member since 2008 • 700 Posts

expensive...

for 50 dollar more i get wifi, bluray and free internet and better games and not to mention no RRODS

i pass call me when it costs 100 dollar

Berserkerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 Berserkerz
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts

an xbox360 as the same price as the wii. HMMMMMM..

Berserkerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 Berserkerz
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts

expensive...

for 50 dollar more i get wifi, bluray and free internet and better games and not to mention no RRODS

nyctota

Don't forget you have to buy stuff for the Internet and HD things which will end up costing 50 bucks anyways :)

games aren't better though. They're pretty much equal.

wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wayne_kar

expensive...

nyctota
suppose we'll have to wait and see if the PS3 Slim can keep the PS3's impressive reliability track record.
BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts
Ill be moving and my bro is keeping our current 360, so looks like ill buy an Elite for the HDD
wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wayne_kar
Ill be moving and my bro is keeping our current 360, so looks like ill buy an Elite for the HDDBodyElite
lookslike it will be bundled with a wifi adaptor and halo 3 too http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/formats/xbox360/-300-bundle-=-xbox-360-elite-halo-3-and-wireless-network-adapter-$1320846.htm
BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BodyElite

expensive...

nyctota
Better games? I own a PS3 and only own 3 games: MS4, Killzone 2, and LBP. Im still waiting!!! And why do fanboys list the bluray player as an advantage? You can download 1080p movies from Xbox Live!!!
nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nyctota

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

expensive...

wayne_kar

suppose we'll have to wait and see if the PS3 Slim can keep the PS3's impressive reliability track record.

it will you can quote me on this..

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BodyElite
[QUOTE="BodyElite"]Ill be moving and my bro is keeping our current 360, so looks like ill buy an Elite for the HDDwayne_kar
lookslike it will be bundled with a wifi adaptor and halo 3 too http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/formats/xbox360/-300-bundle-=-xbox-360-elite-halo-3-and-wireless-network-adapter-$1320846.htm

Ill definitely need Halo 3
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts

Kinda makes me regret buying an Elite for $680 here in Sweden 2 years ago. Oh well :P

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BodyElite

an xbox360 as the same price as the wii. HMMMMMM..

Berserkerz
If the Wii continues to sell, then there's no hope for humanity
aero250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 aero250

expensive...

nyctota

Don't need wifi, Blu-ray Dvds are overpriced, Better games, is opinion and XBL is superior to PSN.

nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nyctota

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

expensive...

BodyElite

Better games? I own a PS3 and only own 3 games: MS4, Killzone 2, and LBP. Im still waiting!!! And why do fanboys list the bluray player as an advantage? You can download 1080p movies from Xbox Live!!!

im still waiting for the first AAA exclusive xbox360 game this year....

1080P =/= upscaled

hard copy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> code

wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wayne_kar

[QUOTE="BodyElite"][QUOTE="nyctota"]

expensive...

nyctota

1080P =/= upscaled

what do you thinks on the hard copy.....
aero250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 aero250
[QUOTE="nyctota"]

expensive...

1080P =/= upscaled

blu-ray is simply not needed.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

expensive...

nyctota
i've always found it interesting how 360 owners arent allowed to list 360/PC games as 'exclusive', yet cows preach about bluray and wireless internet access as if people with a 360 wouldnt possibly have a PC capable of either. They're not exclusive to the PS3 right? so how can you list them as plus points against the 360?

aero250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 aero250

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

expensive...

marklarmer

i've always found it interesting how 360 owners arent allowed to list 360/PC games as 'exclusive', yet cows preach about Bluray,and wireless internet access as if people with a 360 wouldnt possibly have a PC capable of either. They're not exclusive to the PS3 right? so how can you list them as plus points against the 360?

Very true.

nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nyctota

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

[QUOTE="BodyElite"] Better games? I own a PS3 and only own 3 games: MS4, Killzone 2, and LBP. Im still waiting!!! And why do fanboys list the bluray player as an advantage? You can download 1080p movies from Xbox Live!!! aero250

1080P =/= upscaled

just in ff 3 disks, forza 2 disks, rage 4 disks see where this is going ?

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BodyElite
[QUOTE="nyctota"]

[QUOTE="BodyElite"] Better games? I own a PS3 and only own 3 games: MS4, Killzone 2, and LBP. Im still waiting!!! And why do fanboys list the bluray player as an advantage? You can download 1080p movies from Xbox Live!!! aero250

1080P =/= upscaled

Btw i own a PS3 and still rent my movies from Xbox Live... Never used my PS3 for movies, not even once! You cant even really tell the difference. You kind of can at first, but after a few minutes of watching you forget its even a bluray movie.... Not needed at all
BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BodyElite

[QUOTE="aero250"][QUOTE="nyctota"]

1080P =/= upscaled

nyctota

Next gen, disc drives wont even be used... Hell, Xbox Live is already starting digital distribution with its on demand games
wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wayne_kar

[QUOTE="aero250"][QUOTE="nyctota"]

1080P =/= upscaled

nyctota

with all the getting up and down to swap disks there will be no need for a 'wiifit' style balance board. all the fatties will be sweating by the end of disk 2
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

The price-cuts are surely welcome by those interested in getting a 360... Good deal for sure..

At these prices all consoles (models) are now affordable by a larger no. of people who are into gaming...

nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nyctota

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

expensive...

marklarmer

i've always found it interesting how 360 owners arent allowed to list 360/PC games as 'exclusive', yet cows preach about bluray and wireless internet access as if people with a 360 wouldnt possibly have a PC capable of either. They're not exclusive to the PS3 right? so how can you list them as plus points against the 360?

who said those ps3 features are exclusives ? a game only on xbox and pc is a advantage but that does not mean xbox360 owners can claim the game as a exclusive... and so are those features on ps3 its an advantage... and a good one

the reason why you lems arent allowed to list pc/xbox360 when talking about exclusives is because its not EXCLUSIVE get the point ?

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BodyElite
Well there goes the PS3 "killing" the charts next month...
nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nyctota

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

[QUOTE="aero250"] blu-ray is simply not needed.BodyElite

Next gen, disc drives wont even be used... Hell, Xbox Live is already starting digital distribution with its on demand games

have fun downloading 30+ gb games with internet caps...

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 marklarmer
[QUOTE="nyctota"]

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

expensive...

who said those ps3 features are exclusives ? a game only on xbox and pc is a advantage but that does not mean xbox360 owners can claim the game as a exclusive... and so are those features on ps3 its an advantage... and a good one

the reason why you lems arent allowed to list pc/xbox360 when talking about exclusives is because its not EXCLUSIVE get the point ?

this is SW not console wars, you cant just ignore bluray players, wifi and internet access on PCs and expect people to just let it go. Especially after cows spend so long preaching about being able to play the superior version of 360/PC games. You can't list those things along with 'better games', because you're clearly ignoring games the 360 shares with the PC.
BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BodyElite

expensive...

nyctota
And then you have to spend at LEAST $50 MORE for component cables and a bluetooth headset
wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wayne_kar

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

expensive...

nyctota

but if your comparing 360 catalogue vs PS3 catalogue then the fact that L4D (for example) is on the PC is surely irrelevent. the point is its not on PS3
BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BodyElite

nyctota

Next gen isnt coming until at least 2012. I think MS or Sony will solve that problem. Or maybe the future of gaming is in the hands of OnLive? Btw, is OnLive still releasing this year?
NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts

THe fanboyism is strong in this thread.

What's wrong with just saying: "Cool, lower price = the consumer wins!"

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Microsoft strike back. Interesting.
nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nyctota

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]i've always found it interesting how 360 owners arent allowed to list 360/PC games as 'exclusive', yet cows preach about bluray and wireless internet access as if people with a 360 wouldnt possibly have a PC capable of either. They're not exclusive to the PS3 right? so how can you list them as plus points against the 360?

marklarmer

this is SW not console wars, you cant just ignore bluray players, wifi and internet access on PCs and expect people to just let it go. Especially after cows spend so long preaching about being able to play the superior version of 360/PC games. You can't list those things along with 'better games', because you're clearly ignoring games the 360 shares with the PC.

nope you are right the same goes for the ps3 with those features...

and its just a fact games on pc are miles ahead of xbox360 versions thats why i ignore them..

nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nyctota

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

expensive...

BodyElite

And then you have to spend at LEAST $50 MORE for component cables and a bluetooth headset

just in 5 dollar hdmi cable and wait whats that i can use any bluetooth headset *gets my phone headset and sync it up*

nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nyctota

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]i've always found it interesting how 360 owners arent allowed to list 360/PC games as 'exclusive', yet cows preach about bluray and wireless internet access as if people with a 360 wouldnt possibly have a PC capable of either. They're not exclusive to the PS3 right? so how can you list them as plus points against the 360?

wayne_kar

but if your comparing 360 catalogue vs PS3 catalogue then the fact that L4D (for example) is on the PC is surely irrelevent. the point is its not on PS3

who said its not a advantage ? the problem is pc versions are miles better...

the point is xbox360 fans claim those games as exclusives when its not

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Malta_1980

[i've always found it interesting how 360 owners arent allowed to list 360/PC games as 'exclusive', yet cows preach about bluray and wireless internet access as if people with a 360 wouldnt possibly have a PC capable of either. They're not exclusive to the PS3 right? so how can you list them as plus points against the 360?

marklarmer

I agree with you, 360/PC only titles should be used when people disucss games libraries between PS3 & 360... Surely PS3 fanboys will act like they all have Gaming PC's but thats irrelevant.. If game X is available on 360/PC but not on PS3 then 360 owners have the right to list them when comparing/discussing games line-ups / libraries.. I dont have a gaming PC but luckily I have the opportunity to play great PC/360 only titles on my 360..

As for Blu-ray, Wifi, Free online & multimedia functions which are brought in when discussing price / hardware.. here i agree with PS3 owners (and to a certain extent PS3 fanboys).. Let me explain why..

If 360 owners are allowed to say XBL is superior to PSN because XBL has a couple of extra features such as Cross-Game chat, party chat setups, Netflix etc which are NOT ESSENTIAL to online gaming.. (these are just features which are not needed to play games online), in the same way PS3 owners are allowed to say PS3 is the BEST VALUE FOR MONEY, or best overall package simply cause it offers Blu-ray (HD FORMAT winner), Wifi (cool extra feature), Multimedia Functions (useful extras),Free online service (no extra $$$), Web Browser & Home features,Rechargeable controllers (no extra $$)& much more reliable hardware..

Surely some of the PS3 'extras' are not essential to gaming but they are welcome additions to the overal package..

I dont think one can argue the fact that a $299 PS3 is a much better value for money 'as a whole package' not just gaming wise than a $199 /$249 / $299 360.... Unless someone manages to get for $100 or $50 more extras such as a Blu-ray player & Wifi setup for a 360 (+ 120GB HDD in case of the Arcade).. Thats not counting the yearly XBL fees..

nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nyctota

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

[QUOTE="BodyElite"] Next gen, disc drives wont even be used... Hell, Xbox Live is already starting digital distribution with its on demand gamesBodyElite

Next gen isnt coming until at least 2012. I think MS or Sony will solve that problem. Or maybe the future of gaming is in the hands of OnLive? Btw, is OnLive still releasing this year?

onlive bahahaha not going to happen VAPORWARE dead before release

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 marklarmer

[QUOTE="wayne_kar"][QUOTE="nyctota"]

nyctota

yet PCs provide far better functionality/features when it comes to playing bluray movies, entertainment and having internet access...you dont seem to have a problem listing similar and inferior features on the PS3.

wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wayne_kar

[QUOTE="wayne_kar"][QUOTE="nyctota"]

nyctota

PC versions are only better if the PC thats running them has a decent spec, otherwise the 360 version IS as good.
nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nyctota

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

[QUOTE="wayne_kar"] but if your comparing 360 catalogue vs PS3 catalogue then the fact that L4D (for example) is on the PC is surely irrelevent. the point is its not on PS3marklarmer

yet PCs provide far better functionality/features when it comes to playing bluray movies, entertainment and having internet access...you dont seem to have a problem listing similar and inferior features on the PS3.

k you wanna play it like that

pc online is faaaaaaaaaaaaar better then xbox live so why pay for that ?

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 marklarmer

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

nyctota

its not mandatory and once again you seem to be comparing the 360 to PC and not the PS3, which you tried doing and failed.:|

nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nyctota

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

[QUOTE="marklarmer"] yet PCs provide far better functionality/features when it comes to playing bluray movies, entertainment and having internet access...you dont seem to have a problem listing similar and inferior features on the PS3.

marklarmer

its not mandatory and once again you seem to be comparing the 360 to PC and not the PS3, which you tried doing and failed.:|

and once again you seem to be comparing the ps3 to pc and not the xbox360, which you tried doing and failed. :

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 marklarmer

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

nyctota

and once again you seem to be comparing the ps3 to pc and not the xbox360, which you tried doing and failed. :

no actually i tried to comply to the rules of SW, which you only seem to be applying when it suits your argument.

nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nyctota

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]its not mandatory and once again you seem to be comparing the 360 to PC and not the PS3, which you tried doing and failed.:|

marklarmer

no actually i tried to comply to the rules of SW

so did i

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Malta_1980

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

[QUOTE="marklarmer"] yet PCs provide far better functionality/features when it comes to playing bluray movies, entertainment and having internet access...you dont seem to have a problem listing similar and inferior features on the PS3.

marklarmer

I'm sorry but you're wrong... you said PC have more functionality when it comes to blu-ray movies / entertainment & internet access.. That's true..

PS3 being mainly a gaming consoles at $299 (now) offers Blu-ray, an internet web browser, Home & many multimedia functions + a good Free online service.. So comparing PC & Ps3 surely PC wins for functionality, while games library is debatable depending on each individuals taste..

However since 360 fans (fanboys) state XBL is better than PSN which is not true since both XBL & PSN are equal in what is their main functions which is letting you play online, why do we pay for XBL considering PC online is way better and is Free ??? thats a fair question to ask which you avoided to answer

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

expensive...

nyctota
no you get a 11% YLOD.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

expensive...

nyctota

1080P =/= upscaled

um no they are 1080p not upscaled.