360 Can NOT Compete in 2008!! It will only Get Easier for PS3 From here!!

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MikeCOD80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MikeCOD80
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts

While Halo 3 might have sold incredibly well and games such as Mass Effect, COD 4, Assasins Creed on the horizon the 360 seems to be in really good shape this year.. But my question is, whats in store for 2008?! Sure you might say thats its still early but actually its not early at all, trust me.. When MS has a killer app on the horizon they start advertising it almost a whole year in advance, Heck i remember Gears was announced a year and a half before it was released. Infact MS is in a dangerous position, If sales slow a lot in 2008 due to lack of games they could be in trouble considering they are still losing tons of money, sure Halo 3 is selling by the millions but it still wont be enough to bring MS back to profit.

Now with the PS3 finally at a Sweet spot price of $399.99 great games coming out this year such as Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank and Haze not to mention the great multiplats such as Army Of Two, COD 4 and Assasins creed coming out this year also along with the great games ALREADY out such as Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Resistance, Rainbow Six,Ghost recon, Dirt, Motorstorm etc. PS3 will be on VERY Solid ground by the end of this year and it will only get easier from here with killer app games on the horizon such as MGS4,Killzone 2,Little big planet, Unreal tournament 3,Tekken 6,Home, Socom Confrontation etc. PS3 will be in EXTREMELY Good shape come next year..

SO my question is.. Sure the 360 is a great system and has had a great run but whats in store for next year. Sure you can say games like Ninja Gaiden 2, Fable, Alan Wake, Banjo Threeie, Too Human, etc but will any of those games really be killer app system sellers like games such as MGS4, Killzone 2, Gran turismo, Socom, Little big planet and tekken 6. You see the problem is all the MS games announced for next year DO NOT appeal to casuals like Gran Turismo, Socom, Tekken and MGS4 do.. So MS whats in store for next year? time is ticking.. Discuss

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
oh got it...the ps3 will pwn hard in 2008...how many threads about this can we get?
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
so the ps3 is getting uncharted (AA best) r and c(AA best) and Haze(A to low AA best). and that is supposed to combat the 360 in sales? this is a joke.
groudyogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 groudyogre
Member since 2006 • 1661 Posts
STOP MAKING MY EYES BLEED WITH YOUR BOLD TEXT. YOU STILL HAVE A VERY LOOOONG 3 MONTHS TO WAIT UNTIL '08, AND YOU ARE GONNA HAVE TO SUFFER WHILE Wii/360 OWNERS PLAY QUALITY EXCLUSIVES!!!!
CocopuffsGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CocopuffsGM
Member since 2007 • 214 Posts

Wow, The cows are really gettin out of hand now that all the Lemmings are playing Halo.

Do you really think XBOX will have no games 2008? They've barely begun mentioning them, and It seems the lineup is a force to be reconed with.

KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
It can compete and your just a fanboy justifying your purchase.
Lazy_not_fat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lazy_not_fat
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts
have all cows just given up on 2007 completely?
Shift05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shift05
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts
Some people are still fighting over 07, and it has only 3 months left, how can you call 08 in the bag when it hasn't even started?
MikeCOD80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MikeCOD80

so the ps3 is getting uncharted (AA best) r and c(AA best) and Haze(A to low AA best). and that is supposed to combat the 360 in sales? this is a joke.mtradr43

Apparently someone didnt read the whole thread

Fignewton50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fignewton50
Member since 2003 • 3748 Posts
UT3 is multiplat, hence not a killer app. And you really think Socom and Tekken appeal more to casuals than some 360 games?
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
Cool. I'll go play Halo 3 or PGr now.
MikeCOD80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MikeCOD80

Wow, The cows are really gettin out of hand now that all the Lemmings are playing Halo.

Do you really think XBOX will have no games 2008? They've barely begun mentioning them, and It seems the lineup is a force to be reconed with.

CocopuffsGM

Yes thats what im saying, lets face it Gears was announced a year before release, if MS had something big like gears on the horizon they would have announced it already

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
so the ps3 is getting uncharted (AA best) r and c(AA best) and Haze(A to low AA best). and that is supposed to combat the 360 in sales? this is a joke.mtradr43
Can i borrow your crystal ball?
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

Come on, man. The Xbox 360 has all kinds of momentum and given Ninja Gaiden 2, Halo Wars, Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, GTA IV, etc....it's got a great lineup as well.

However, to the guy saying Uncharted, R&C, and Haze are going to be "AA at best," reality check, please. Haze is from consistently high AA developers with backgrounds in both Perfect Dark and Goldeneye 64 (one developer on the team made the entire Goldeneye multiplayer component by himself). R&C and Uncharted both come from high AA to AAA developers and they're each highly respected. I'm not saying all three games are scoring AA-AAA, but it's the most reasonable bet we've got. A is out of the question for any reasonable betting man.

DarthKalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DarthKalo
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts

Ninja Gaiden 2

GTA downloadable content

Splinter Cell Conviction

World in Conflict

Fable 2

Too Human

Lost Odyssey

All exclusive!

This thread fails!

Fignewton50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fignewton50
Member since 2003 • 3748 Posts

Ninja Gaiden 2

GTA downloadable content

Splinter Cell Conviction

World in Conflict

Fable 2

Too Human

Lost Odyssey

All exclusive!

This thread fails!

DarthKalo

World in Conflict isn't exclusive is it? Or are they changing a lot for the 360 version?

Vis-a-Vis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vis-a-Vis
Member since 2006 • 1977 Posts
We've been over this, 360 has a great 08 line up, no, i'm not going to waste my time listing them, because that exact same list has been posted atleast 300 times, in different threads.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
correction: It CAN only get easier for the PS3 from here!!
Elektrik-Blu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Elektrik-Blu
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts
We're not in 2008 yet are we?
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
Better multiplats ensure that the 360 will see plenty of action in 2008 but yeah I guess even with the crushing dissapointments I'm still glad that I got a PS3 to fall back on as my secondary console.
Spite_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Spite_Ninja
Member since 2007 • 132 Posts

Spite_Ninja says : ZOMG! its TRUEEUUU

Franco-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Franco-J
Member since 2003 • 1435 Posts
[QUOTE="CocopuffsGM"]

MikeCOD80

Yes thats what im saying, lets face it Gears was announced a year before release, if MS had something big like gears on the horizon they would have announced it already

He wasnt agreeing with you. He's saying in 08, 360 already has a great lineup of games coming, with more unannounced games in store. PS3 isnt sweeping 08 in the least bit. Sony sheeple fanboys crack me up, thinkin a handful of titles in the future is going to sway the entire worlds opinion of 360, and at the same time all devs suddenly dropping the 360 to just make PS3 games. Sony sheeple are DILUSIONAL. But ya'll go on, get back to the herd and keep "Just Waitin". Im going to play Halo 3, maybe download PGR4 and new F.E.A.R. demo. Maybe get on a little Bioshock, go buy Orange Box, put money on my MASS EFFECT preorder, etc, etc...

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WuTangG
Member since 2007 • 2189 Posts

Ninja Gaiden 2

Nuff Said

Oh and BTW, gaming is dead, good games in 2006 and 2007 didnt help the 360 sell

zeroFAT100HUGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zeroFAT100HUGE
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
true true.
Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
Dude you have like 7 threads on the front page alone. Get over it. We know you do not like the 360 but do you really get that woked up about games?
Guitartod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Guitartod
Member since 2007 • 830 Posts
the flopstation 2.5 is already dead
Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts
[QUOTE="CocopuffsGM"]

MikeCOD80

X360 doesn't need Gears in 2008.........its got Ninja Gaiden 2 and for alot of gamers I know thats enough for them.
dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
Left 4 Dead. Zombies, Valve, and MS...how can you go wrong.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
[QUOTE="MikeCOD80"][QUOTE="CocopuffsGM"]

Danthegamingman

X360 doesn't need Gears in 2008.........its got Ninja Gaiden 2 and for alot of gamers I know thats enough for them.

Ninja Gaiden has never even broken the million mark yet....whether or not NG2 will achieve God of War level sales depends on Microsoft's marketing strategy and whether Itagaki can make the game more casual friendly with mass appeal.

tacubano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tacubano
Member since 2005 • 947 Posts
well...the reason why there are not that many titles to talk bout for 08 is because Microsoft focused on 07 at E3.....Microsoft isn't stupid, how much money is Sony loosing selling ps3 at 399???even with price drops people already dislike the ps3. Just wait till E3 08or whatever it'll be...then Microsoft will drop the bomb.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fuzzysquash

correction: It CAN only get easier for the PS3 from here!!wolverine4262

Not really.

Blu-ray could fail, and the whole PS3 train could fall apart and crash into the river, forcing Sony to lose billions and leaving the corporate giant hanging by a string.

It could get worse.

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fuzzysquash

well...the reason why there are not that many titles to talk bout for 08 is because Microsoft focused on 07 at E3.....Microsoft isn't stupid, how much money is Sony loosing selling ps3 at 399???even with price drops people already dislike the ps3. Just wait till E3 08or whatever it'll be...then Microsoft will drop the bomb.tacubano

Hmm....how ironic...

tacubano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tacubano
Member since 2005 • 947 Posts
wait till the 08 fall titles are announced...not the early 08 titles, those we know..or maybe not..there could always be little surprises
c_smithii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 c_smithii
Member since 2003 • 1505 Posts

Seeing this next gen has started since 2005. Microsoft has lead '05,'06, and '07. With Nintendo at close second and Sony at a distance 3rd. You think somehow PS3 will come out on top in '08. Don't make me laugh. All I see in Sony's future is discontinuing the PS3 product. If you played video games for more than 10 years, you'll know that poor selling game consoles never last in this industry.

Sega Dreamcast -

Sega Saturn -

3DO -

Atari Jaguar -

NeoGeo CD -

CD-i -

TurboGrafx 16 -

7800 Atari -

5200 Atari-

naughtydog360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 naughtydog360
Member since 2007 • 805 Posts

Ninja Gaiden 2

GTA downloadable content

Splinter Cell Conviction

World in Conflict

Fable 2

Too Human

Lost Odyssey

All exclusive!

This thread fails!

DarthKalo

I was just playing World in Conflict... Honestly, this game is mean for Mouse and Keybord... its probebly crap on the 360 ROFL

naughtydog360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 naughtydog360

the flopstation 2.5 is already deadGuitartod

Your mean Outselling the X360 in Euro 2:1 and outselling it in Japan 5:1 :D

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
[QUOTE="DarthKalo"]

Ninja Gaiden 2

GTA downloadable content

Splinter Cell Conviction

World in Conflict

Fable 2

Too Human

Lost Odyssey

All exclusive!

This thread fails!

naughtydog360

I was just playing World in Conflict... Honestly, this game is mean for Mouse and Keybord... its probebly crap on the 360 ROFL

I too am wondering how it will make the transition to controllers.

pinkyfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pinkyfull
Member since 2006 • 206 Posts

Well i kne as soon as i read title that this would be a breeding ground for fanboys of x360 but honestly why rip apart a thread like this just because you know your console is goin down like the titanic it has hit the 2008 iceberg so just give it up and admit that with titles like mgs4 and killzone2 your sooter markets are dead and with gamelike gran turismo 4 and tekken the driving simulator and acarde fighting zones are dead.

And why can't you just admit that multiplats are far better on ps3 than 360 lets tke oblivion for example no only did it look better but it also had a downloadable (for 360) expansion atached making it a lot less trouble for a ps3 gamer to cruise through the game.

i know that part will get torn apart like acow in a pirahna pond but think about it why wouldn't a mulitplat be better on the platform with better potential...

pinkyfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pinkyfull
[QUOTE="DarthKalo"]

Ninja Gaiden 2

GTA downloadable content

Splinter Cell Conviction

World in Conflict

Fable 2

Too Human

Lost Odyssey

All exclusive!

This thread fails!

naughtydog360

yes all i have to say is LOL i already started a thread about console rts and i have heard all there is on why an rts on a console is bad but seriously if every other rts on x360 was bad what will make tis any better?

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Danm_999

Well i kne as soon as i read title that this would be a breeding ground for fanboys of x360 but honestly why rip apart a thread like this just because you know your console is goin down like the titanic it has hit the 2008 iceberg so just give it up and admit that with titles like mgs4 and killzone2 your sooter markets are dead and with gamelike gran turismo 4 and tekken the driving simulator and acarde fighting zones are dead.

And why can't you just admit that multiplats are far better on ps3 than 360 lets tke oblivion for example no only did it look better but it also had a downloadable (for 360) expansion atached making it a lot less trouble for a ps3 gamer to cruise through the game.

i know that part will get torn apart like acow in a pirahna pond but think about it why wouldn't a mulitplat be better on the platform with better potential...

pinkyfull

I'm going to save you the trouble of being attacked by a Lemming and point out that Oblivion seems to be the exception to the PS3/360 rule (probably because of a year of extra development).

Also, did you just suggest the fact that the PS3 version can't use Shivering Isles is an ADVANTAGE?

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
BrutonNYC Ahammer80 Bigboss577 u need to stop posting bandodger.
naughtydog360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 naughtydog360
[QUOTE="naughtydog360"][QUOTE="DarthKalo"]

Ninja Gaiden 2

GTA downloadable content

Splinter Cell Conviction

World in Conflict

Fable 2

Too Human

Lost Odyssey

All exclusive!

This thread fails!

pinkyfull

yes all i have to say is LOL i already started a thread about console rts and i have heard all there is on why an rts on a console is bad but seriously if every other rts on x360 was bad what will make tis any better?

Microsoft doesnt allow you to use Keyboard and mouse with these games !! NOW THATS THE PROBLEM, just add a Keybord and a mouse and it becomes better ;)

pinkyfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 pinkyfull
[QUOTE="pinkyfull"][QUOTE="naughtydog360"][QUOTE="DarthKalo"]

Ninja Gaiden 2

GTA downloadable content

Splinter Cell Conviction

World in Conflict

Fable 2

Too Human

Lost Odyssey

All exclusive!

This thread fails!

naughtydog360

Microsoft doesnt allow you to use Keyboard and mouse with these games !! NOW THATS THE PROBLEM, just add a Keybord and a mouse and it becomes better ;)

wll with a mouse and keyboard a console is simply a crappy computer

nuf said

pinkyfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pinkyfull
[QUOTE="pinkyfull"]

Danm_999

I'm going to save you the trouble of being attacked by a Lemming and point out that Oblivion seems to be the exception to the PS3/360 rule (probably because of a year of extra development).

Also, did you just suggest the fact that the PS3 version can't use Shivering Isles is an ADVANTAGE?

don't know what your getting at but shivering isles was one of the reasons that made the ps3 version one heck of alot better

naughtydog360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 naughtydog360

Ninja Gaiden 2

Nuff Said

WuTangG

God of War 3 Says Hi :D

Final Fantasy 13 Says Hi

Metal Gear Soild 4 Says Hi

Best Action game

Best JRPG

Best tactical espionage action

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fuzzysquash
[QUOTE="WuTangG"]

Ninja Gaiden 2

Nuff Said

naughtydog360

God of War 3 Says Hi :D

Final Fantasy 13 Says Hi

Metal Gear Soild 4 Says Hi

Best Action game

Best JRPG

Best tactical espionage action

God of War 3 a better action game than Ninja Gaiden 2? Haven't seen it yet, but if the gameplay of the series is similar to its predecessors, I disagree.

A better selling game? Most likely.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Danm_999

don't know what your getting at but shivering isles was one of the reasons that made the ps3 version one heck of alot better

pinkyfull

Umm, the PS3 version didn't come with Shivering Isles.

karram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 karram
Member since 2006 • 1682 Posts

ninja gaiden 2

banjo 3

too human

Fable 2

infinte undiscovery

lost odyssey

halo wars

theseis

cry on

far east of eden ziria

mobile ops the one year war

culdcept saga

dead or alive code conus

magna carta 2

perfect dark 2

gears of war 2 (maybe)

marvel universe online

left 4 dead

alan wake

SC convction

the shadow of aten

world in conflict

age of conan

huxley

C&C 3 warth of kane

project offset

kingdom under fire

APB

UT3

Fallout 3

dmc4

GTA 4+exclusive DC

and other good games that i cant think of or havent yet been anounced.as you see the 360 2008 lineup is pretty good so stop bashing it cows.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

Ninja Gaiden 2

GTA downloadable content

Splinter Cell Conviction

World in Conflict