11 Million PS3s by the end of 2007!!!!!

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lee_asid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lee_asid
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts

Seriously Sony what kind of computation is that???? To be honest I do want that to happen but I really cant see any reason why should it sell 5million units in a matter of 3 months????? Sony 11million ps3s by the end of 2007 is more of a dream than a reality......Sony if you keep on doing this telling us something that is not unattainable will just make us more dissapointed and will just make the 360 fanboys more happy cause they will find ANOTHER reason to bash, mock, criticize, discriminate, etc the PLAYSTATION 3..

legendbyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 legendbyname
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts
why would you complain about this? come on this is ridiculous. If you are so afraid of internet slander i would't want to meet you in real life
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
Link? I don't care how big of a fanboy you are thats just unworldly.
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

its totally doable, AMerica isnt the only marketR-Dot-Yung

No it wont happen, the wii owns 2007, followed by the 360.

NitaraPwnzU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 NitaraPwnzU
Member since 2007 • 1470 Posts
Yep that is doable.. In Sonys Dreams!!
ss_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ss_49
Member since 2007 • 1337 Posts

It's really, really not. :(

6 million Ps3s sold from now til Dec. 31st? Impossible...sorry :?

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Crucible
Member since 2007 • 3305 Posts

Seriously Sony what kind of computation is that???? To be honest I do want that to happen but I really cant see any reason why should it sell 5million units in a matter of 3 months????? Sony 11million ps3s by the end of 2007 is more of a dream than a reality......Sony if you keep on doing this telling us something that is not unattainable will just make us more dissapointed and will just make the 360 fanboys more happy cause they will find ANOTHER reason to bash, mock, criticize, discriminate, etc the PLAYSTATION 3..

lee_asid

If you already know its an impracticality, then why would you be disappointed? They'resetting the bar high. What's wrong with that?

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

considering america is where it's selling the best, it's not doable at all in it's current state. Both the wii and the 360 are a good what 5 million ahead of it anyways, you don't think those two aren't gonna do well this holiday?

I just don't see them making real headway this holiday, not unless they sell the most outta the 3. The sad part is, there "real" heavy hitters don't come until spring of 08 (As well as home), which marks the cooling period of the market. Not exactly a good way of pushing through.

Vojkan80001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 Vojkan80001
Member since 2005 • 3621 Posts

lee_asid

No they said, they predict to sell 11 million by the end of March 2008. Which is not impossible if price cut for Europe comes.

AskForDetails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AskForDetails
Member since 2007 • 1216 Posts

lee_asid

major price drop/ 40GB would be needed

like 80GB 399.99

and 40gb 349.99

maybe an amazing game to push that....

sounds strange to me, though i get a feeling he was talking about the fiscal year, which ends next year...so more than 3 months... more like 6

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
it won't this year because simply the ps 2 is still alive. how come the 360 is strungling in sales against a last gen system. that tells you that A. ps 2 is still the best system which means that most 140 user base is still using there ps 2. you can't say that about the other two can you. there is now hope for 360 in this system war because 4.5 in the first 11 mouths with a console that is still alive to 11 million in 2 years with a dead last gen system. funny how no one under stands this. when the ps 2 dies you thick 140 millio people and still groing are going to just switch console. nope
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts

Yeah it isn't.

And ps3 is sucking in all the other ones, too.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

Are they cutting the price to $99.99 starting today ?

Forgetaboutit ! :P

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

it won't this year because simply the ps 2 is still alive. how come the 360 is strungling in sales against a last gen system. that tells you that A. ps 2 is still the best system which means that most 140 user base is still using there ps 2. you can't say that about the other two can you. there is now hope for 360 in this system war because 4.5 in the first 11 mouths with a console that is still alive to 11 million in 2 years with a dead last gen system. funny how no one under stands this. when the ps 2 dies you thick 140 millio people and still groing are going to just switch console. nopeGARRYTH

how do you know that all of those ps2 owners you keep talking about are loyal sony playstation brand fans?

Mr-GameCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mr-GameCast
Member since 2004 • 198 Posts
just more fud by sony
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GARRYTH

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]it won't this year because simply the ps 2 is still alive. how come the 360 is strungling in sales against a last gen system. that tells you that A. ps 2 is still the best system which means that most 140 user base is still using there ps 2. you can't say that about the other two can you. there is now hope for 360 in this system war because 4.5 in the first 11 mouths with a console that is still alive to 11 million in 2 years with a dead last gen system. funny how no one under stands this. when the ps 2 dies you thick 140 millio people and still groing are going to just switch console. nopeCaseyWegner

how do you know that all of those ps2 owners you keep talking about are loyal sony playstation brand fans?

the fact is most of them will be because the name sony. most of them don't go to game sites to see which games are for what system. there are goingto play the games on the ps 2 then when there ready to get a new one they will just buy a ps 3 bacouse they were happy with the ps 2. there not going to go in a store and be like i love my ps 2 so i will by a 360 nope they will pick up the new that plays there faverate ps 2 games and see the sequals of there faverate ps 2 games and buy a ps 3.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

it won't this year because simply the ps 2 is still alive. how come the 360 is strungling in sales against a last gen system. that tells you that A. ps 2 is still the best system which means that most 140 user base is still using there ps 2. you can't say that about the other two can you. there is now hope for 360 in this system war because 4.5 in the first 11 mouths with a console that is still alive to 11 million in 2 years with a dead last gen system. funny how no one under stands this. when the ps 2 dies you thick 140 millio people and still groing are going to just switch console. nopeGARRYTH

where did u get 140 million ps2 owners? i doubt there are that many ppl still waiting to buy next gen consoles. i bet you part of the ps2 owners already migrated by purchasing current gen. consoles. Also imo even though the ps2 sales were over in the 100 millions im sure there were ppl who bought the ps2 couple of times due to dre. I ended up going through 4 ps2 last gen while i have a friend who still is on his 1st one.

i dont see sony having 11 millions ps3 user base by the end of this year, especially with the delays and heavy hitters coming out in 08. if its by fiscal year then i do believe they can.

Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts

No, its not. The last hardware charts had PS3 down 17%.

Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Stonin
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

If only we had any idea how many they had really sold we could call them out on it. I've heard anything from 3.2m to 5.6 million worldwide. Having watched the NPD and Japan numbers since it launched I fail to see how it could possibly be much higher than 3.2m.

Sure, Europe could have sold 20x the amount but that simply doesn't add up to me. It is MORE expensive here in the UK (probably the biggestEuropean territory)and nobody seems to own one outside of 'yeah, I know a bloke who has amate who has one'. Now that is circumstantial evidence at best but there just seem to be so many 360's and Wii's and that is about all anyone talks of.

Good for them if they do, but my guess is this is just another huge porky pie from Sony to rival their 4D, 1080p 120 FPS crapola.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GARRYTH

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]it won't this year because simply the ps 2 is still alive. how come the 360 is strungling in sales against a last gen system. that tells you that A. ps 2 is still the best system which means that most 140 user base is still using there ps 2. you can't say that about the other two can you. there is now hope for 360 in this system war because 4.5 in the first 11 mouths with a console that is still alive to 11 million in 2 years with a dead last gen system. funny how no one under stands this. when the ps 2 dies you thick 140 millio people and still groing are going to just switch console. nopeistreakforfood

where did u get 140 million ps2 owners? i doubt there are that many ppl still waiting to buy next gen consoles. i bet you part of the ps2 owners already migrated by purchasing current gen. consoles. Also imo even though the ps2 sales were over in the 100 millions im sure there were ppl who bought the ps2 couple of times due to dre. I ended up going through 4 ps2 last gen while i have a friend who still is on his 1st one.

i dont see sony having 11 millions ps3 user base by the end of this year, especially with the delays and heavy hitters coming out in 08. if its by fiscal year then i do believe they can.

if you read my post i even said that it won't sell 11 million. you think out 140 million sales = what 50 million user base because they had to by multible consoles. ps 2 still selling high numbers are you saying everyone of those is because there bying it because there lastone failed. there still selling which means there are people still wanting it. by this time to in the ps 3 life cycle it will be cheap and affordable there going to by the ps 3 because they now who to trust to give them a good gaming because they had a ps 2 for some years. the sales for the ps 2 is the reason thatthe ps 3will either be first or second. maybe next gen the new xbox has a chance because of the 360 success. people have seen what the xbox did. but has no clue if the 360 is going to give them ps 2 quality but if the 360 ends up being great with great games though out its life cycle ect. then people will realize that. get it.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CaseyWegner
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]it won't this year because simply the ps 2 is still alive. how come the 360 is strungling in sales against a last gen system. that tells you that A. ps 2 is still the best system which means that most 140 user base is still using there ps 2. you can't say that about the other two can you. there is now hope for 360 in this system war because 4.5 in the first 11 mouths with a console that is still alive to 11 million in 2 years with a dead last gen system. funny how no one under stands this. when the ps 2 dies you thick 140 millio people and still groing are going to just switch console. nopeGARRYTH

the fact is most of them will be because the name sony. most of them don't go to game sites to see which games are for what system. there are goingto play the games on the ps 2 then when there ready to get a new one they will just buy a ps 3 bacouse they were happy with the ps 2. there not going to go in a store and be like i love my ps 2 so i will by a 360 nope they will pick up the new that plays there faverate ps 2 games and see the sequals of there faverate ps 2 games and buy a ps 3.

so basically you're saying that most ps2 owners were casuals.

SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#24 SuperMario_46
Member since 2006 • 4960 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]it won't this year because simply the ps 2 is still alive. how come the 360 is strungling in sales against a last gen system. that tells you that A. ps 2 is still the best system which means that most 140 user base is still using there ps 2. you can't say that about the other two can you. there is now hope for 360 in this system war because 4.5 in the first 11 mouths with a console that is still alive to 11 million in 2 years with a dead last gen system. funny how no one under stands this. when the ps 2 dies you thick 140 millio people and still groing are going to just switch console. nopeGARRYTH

No, the fact is that most of those people were casuals that found appeal on the ps2 for games like DDR or GTA, and most of those casuals are moving to the wii because of the family friendly games, they don't care about the name sony, they're not fanboys.

Ryusuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ryusuken
Member since 2003 • 467 Posts

Sony says theyare targetingto ship 11 million PS3 by the end of 2007 (already shipped + another 5 million or so)and we have fanboys going for the jugular....whats new in SW?

People with logic know its quite unlikely to happen (well, if we take that the retailers wont buy those many units to sell to users), but Sony can ship another 6 million units if they want. MS did that. They put all those units into the retailers shelves and said that they had sold 10 million X360. Then, fanboys, explain the actual numbers of users units never surpassing 12 million?

Logic hurts fanboyism.

They can ship those many units, if they will pull a MS or manage to sell them all, we dont know. Stop this pathetic atempt at bashing everything Sony. Its getting annoying.

PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts
Brand loyalty didn't work forNintendo with the N64 and NGC...
Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Stonin
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

Actually now that I think about it there is sense in what they say. Yes, they mean shipped and not sold but what we were missing is that they never said WHERE they were shipping them.

Ship 1m to WarehouseB = 4m shipped.

Ship the same 1m back to Warehouse A = 5m shipped.

Repeat until....

Ship the same 1m out to the atlantic trench and dump them = 11m in 2007 with noconsoles in any warehouse to prove it!! Yay Sony!!

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GARRYTH
[QUOTE="GARRYTH"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]it won't this year because simply the ps 2 is still alive. how come the 360 is strungling in sales against a last gen system. that tells you that A. ps 2 is still the best system which means that most 140 user base is still using there ps 2. you can't say that about the other two can you. there is now hope for 360 in this system war because 4.5 in the first 11 mouths with a console that is still alive to 11 million in 2 years with a dead last gen system. funny how no one under stands this. when the ps 2 dies you thick 140 millio people and still groing are going to just switch console. nopeCaseyWegner

so basically you're saying that most ps2 owners were casuals. do you really think casuals are going to flock to the most expensive console?

um it seems those casuals aren't buying the 360 either because 11 million world wide in two years is not much.besides the ps 3 will most likely have a 40 gig for 399 by the time the gta 4 comes out and im sure those casuals most likely bought other great games the ps 2 and most of them bought games like getaway ect. because they were like grand theft auto every one i now anyways. and they now they can play there last gen grand theft autos. ect. on the ps 3. plus casuals now that were last gen are either hardcore or layal to sony now. the casuals now now how bad the xbox1 was in terms of games so they don't now how well the 360 will turn out. then again they will see that grandtheft auto needs a hd so the ps 3 that 399 is more space than the 50 dollor cheaper 360 so for 50 dollars more they can have more space ect.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
7.5 million tops.
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

[QUOTE="R-Dot-Yung"]its totally doable, AMerica isnt the only marketss_49

tc doesn't know what hes talking about. its 11 million my march 2008.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GARRYTH

[QUOTE="R-Dot-Yung"]its totally doable, AMerica isnt the only marketss_49

4.5 million now so this holiday season they can't sell 1.5 million world wide.
LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

lee_asid

whats really sad is that instead of enjoying the PS3, you are worried about 360 fans and how they are going to criticize the PS3.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 istreakforfood
[QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

if you read my post i even said that it won't sell 11 million. you think out 140 million sales = what 50 million user base because they had to by multible consoles. ps 2 still selling high numbers are you saying everyone of those is because there bying it because there lastone failed. there still selling which means there are people still wanting it. by this time to in the ps 3 life cycle it will be cheap and affordable there going to by the ps 3 because they now who to trust to give them a good gaming because they had a ps 2 for some years. the sales for the ps 2 is the reason thatthe ps 3will either be first or second. maybe next gen the new xbox has a chance because of the 360 success. people have seen what the xbox did. but has no clue if the 360 is going to give them ps 2 quality but if the 360 ends up being great with great games though out its life cycle ect. then people will realize that. get it.

i didnt say cause of the dre it turned everyone away from sony. im sure there were some.

ChrisMun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ChrisMun
Member since 2003 • 1100 Posts
I can see that number as being shipped. Sold? TBD.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts

What is going to sell these 5 million consoles?

ChrisMun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ChrisMun

cakeorrdeath

If only MGS4 was a holiday release. That would be the what. Or at least half of it.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 istreakforfood

No, the fact is that most of those people were casuals that found appeal on the ps2 for games like DDR or GTA, and most of those casuals are moving to the wii because of the family friendly games, they don't care about the name sony, they're not fanboys.

SuperMario_46

that doesnt make sense when you say casuals who have bought gta would want family friendly games. i say casuals are divided in a 3 way from wii, ps3, and 360. example like how madden was sold the most through the 360 while there are casuals who bought wii for wii sports.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CaseyWegner

um it seems those casuals aren't buying the 360 either because 11 million world wide in two years is not much.besides the ps 3 will most likely have a 40 gig for 399 by the time the gta 4 comes out and im sure those casuals most likely bought other great games the ps 2 and most of them bought games like getaway ect. because they were like grand theft auto every one i now anyways. and they now they can play there last gen grand theft autos. ect. on the ps 3. plus casuals now that were last gen are either hardcore or layal to sony now. the casuals now now how bad the xbox1 was in terms of games so they don't now how well the 360 will turn out. then again they will see that grandtheft auto needs a hd so the ps 3 that 399 is more space than the 50 dollor cheaper 360 so for 50 dollars more they can have more space ect.GARRYTH

why are you bringing thexbox/xbox 360into this? :?

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]

ChrisMun

If only MGS4 was a holiday release. That would be the what. Or at least half of it.

Maybe, but it isn't.

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 DuDisNow
Member since 2007 • 2741 Posts
Not gonna happen. Now way will they sell five million with th e Wii being super cheap and Halo 3 coming out on the 360.
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="GARRYTH"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

so basically you're saying that most ps2 owners were casuals. do you really think casuals are going to flock to the most expensive console?

um it seems those casuals aren't buying the 360 either because 11 million world wide in two years is not much.besides the ps 3 will most likely have a 40 gig for 399 by the time the gta 4 comes out and im sure those casuals most likely bought other great games the ps 2 and most of them bought games like getaway ect. because they were like grand theft auto every one i now anyways. and they now they can play there last gen grand theft autos. ect. on the ps 3. plus casuals now that were last gen are either hardcore or layal to sony now. the casuals now now how bad the xbox1 was in terms of games so they don't now how well the 360 will turn out. then again they will see that grandtheft auto needs a hd so the ps 3 that 399 is more space than the 50 dollor cheaper 360 so for 50 dollars more they can have more space ect.

Man, you are really trying to hard to convince (yourself? US?) that PS3 is gonna take off in sales.

You say 360 hasn't sold all that great in two years (it hasn't been 2 years yet, by the way. They could do 2 million more units before they hit the 2 year mark). But anyway, if true, what makes you think that ps3 will sell at $399.99 any more than 360 did?

That's right, you think 100 million Sony fans are waiting for a price drop to all run out and get a ps3. Well, obviously you know that is not the case. There are dozens of examples right here in SW that many of those ps2 fans jumped ship and hate Sony, now. More than likely, you know people like that in the real world, too (I've met many).

Face it, many of the casuals that Sony reached last gen are buying Wii now. Some are buying 360. Sony would have to do something drastic to get them back at this time, and a $399.99 system isn't gonna do it.

P.S.

How much you wanna bet the Elite drops to $399.99 if Sony releases a 40 gig console at that price? Better yet, there is a rumor of another 360 price drop soon. This rumored 40 gig ps3 is probably a RESPONSE to that rumor. Sony probably heard that MS is gonna drop the Elite to $399.99, and is readying the 40gb PS3 in case they do. MS will drop their price FIRST.

Avatar image for Jhonie_Fklits25
Jhonie_Fklits25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Jhonie_Fklits25
Member since 2005 • 671 Posts
I want some of what their smoking.
ChrisMun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ChrisMun
[QUOTE="ChrisMun"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]

cakeorrdeath

Maybe, but it isn't.

Well, guess in the end we're gonna see SMG vs Halo 3 with the scores (and presumingly sales because everyone likes to whore sales numbers. Although I see Uncharted doing well.)

BrooklynBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BrooklynBomber
Member since 2007 • 1507 Posts

cakeorrdeath

When the 60 gig dropped to $500 it moved fast and I hear there is a 40 gig at $400 coming this holiday so it shoud do well, also there will actually be games this xmas for the ps3. I predict about 10 million shipped early 2008 give or take a million if the info is correct.

Most people want the system but the price was too high imo $400 will be good price for the ps3, that only $50 (same price if you add live) more than the 360 premium with a blu-ray player and bigger hard drive plus free online gaming.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cakeorrdeath

Well, guess in the end we're gonna see SMG vs Halo 3 with the scores (and presumingly sales because everyone likes to whore sales numbers. Although I see Uncharted doing well.)

ChrisMun

I think it will do ok, but I don't see it as a game with mass appeal. Plus it's a new IP.

deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deviates1080
Member since 2006 • 1926 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

That's not a fact, that's an assumption and anyone who has watched too many Steven Seagal movies will know that assumptions are the mother of all F ups.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127532 Posts
[QUOTE="ss_49"]

[QUOTE="R-Dot-Yung"]its totally doable, AMerica isnt the only marketGARRYTH

4.5 million now so this holiday season they can't sell 1.5 million world wide.

sure they don't mean financial year 2007?

that ends in March, and could be a possibility

ChrisMun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ChrisMun
[QUOTE="ChrisMun"]

cakeorrdeath

I think it will do ok, but I don't see it as a game with mass appeal. Plus it's a new IP.

I would hope so. Naughty Dog makes some fantastic games. Uncharted should be one of those must haves for the PS3. Probably the best looking game of 2007 for the PS3. I suppose there's always Haze (which looks like meh) or Unreal Tourny 3 that will help some in the end as well. I'm willing to bet Unreal sells better on PC anyway. Multiplats could move the system forward, but not in large steps. Assassins Creed, COD4, etc.

2008 will be interesting though. All we're seeing so far are "fit" games for the Wii or mini type games. PS3 we're seeing a strong rpg line up, as well as other key franchises. Same with the 360 but I think the PS3 has a slight edge over what the 360 has shown so far. Heh. This war is far from over. Which is scary because usually we know who the clear winner is by now but...it's hardly the case.

Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts
Wow, what an inaccurate thread. Sony expects 11 million sold by Masrch of 2008, not by the end of 2007.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 istreakforfood

um it seems those casuals aren't buying the 360 either because 11 million world wide in two years is not much.besides the ps 3 will most likely have a 40 gig for 399 by the time the gta 4 comes out and im sure those casuals most likely bought other great games the ps 2 and most of them bought games like getaway ect. because they were like grand theft auto every one i now anyways. and they now they can play there last gen grand theft autos. ect. on the ps 3. plus casuals now that were last gen are either hardcore or layal to sony now. the casuals now now how bad the xbox1 was in terms of games so they don't now how well the 360 will turn out. then again they will see that grandtheft auto needs a hd so the ps 3 that 399 is more space than the 50 dollor cheaper 360 so for 50 dollars more they can have more space ect.GARRYTH

where do you base that casuals from last gen are either hardcore gamers or loyal to sony? i dont think you ever played xbox games before. they did have great selection of games but it lacked of library of games compare to ps2 and most were multiplats of pc games.

your logic towards casuals wanting a ps3 to play gta4 is flawed. so are you saying gta4 will be different compare to the 360 counterpart cause of the hd? i bet you most casuals dont know how there are set back limitations both on the 360 and ps3 or know that 360 will have 2 exclusive DLC. i think the price will be a key factor. why spend more money on a console when the other console is cheaper and can play the same game. i can only see ppl buying the ps3 to play gta4 just to be loyal to a brand.