ahmedkandil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ahmedkandil
Member since 2004 • 2328 Posts
Advent Children was a great movie which was egerly awaited by many people. But would you like a FFVIII movie more?
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
NO , i still think the reason ff7 was made into a movie because of the poor graphics and the twist at the end .. i don't see bad graphics and open ending in ff8 so no reason to make one ..
jean0rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 jean0rogue
Member since 2003 • 2827 Posts

I dont see the relevance of this question....you're asking us to choose between AC being made or a FF8 movie being made. But AC is already done / shipped / bought / seen 10 times. And I wouldnt chose any other movie after ive already seen how awesome it is.

lance227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lance227
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

NO , i still think the reason ff7 was made into a movie because of the poor graphics and the twist at the end .. i don't see bad graphics and open ending in ff8 so no reason to make one ..gamingqueen

you're right. ff8's happy ending kinda closed the the game to any further exploitation. After seeing the ending you just take it and forget it. ff7 on the otherhand made you want to find out what happened to everyone after Meteor got activated. So the niche for a movie is there.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]NO , i still think the reason ff7 was made into a movie because of the poor graphics and the twist at the end .. i don't see bad graphics and open ending in ff8 so no reason to make one ..lance227

you're right. ff8's happy ending kinda closed the the game to any further exploitation. After seeing the ending you just take it and forget it. ff7 on the otherhand made you want to find out what happened to everyone after Meteor got activated. So the niche for a movie is there.

yeah espcially in the scene where aeris raises her hand so that cloud climbs up and marlene shouts the flower girl ! it makes you think if she was alive and she will come back ..

CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts
I agree that there is nothing further that can be done with FF8. They pretty much closed the book with that ending but you can always throw in a new threat to any story. Where as in FFVII the ending was soooo wide open for anything to happen afterwards & yet know that 500 years from the end that Red XIII will still be alive with his children & the world is still going. You can still fit more into FFVII cause even after AC, you have the going on's of Dirge.
andywray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 andywray
Member since 2006 • 378 Posts
I don't see a downside to making one, if it was a decision wether FFAC or FFVIII movie was made I'd still probably go for FFVIII, but I agree the story is pretty much closed. FFVII has become a little too mainstream for my liking. I just prefered FFVIII so it's natural I'd prefer a FFVIII movie.