MasterC2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 MasterC2009
Member since 2005 • 690 Posts

There is a huge controversy going on here with my friend and stuff. So, let's settle this with a poll.  I believe Cloud would own Squall badly.

Avatar image for GunsofTPatriots
GunsofTPatriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GunsofTPatriots
Member since 2005 • 3174 Posts
It would be a good fight...i don't exactly think their would be any owning going on. Squall has the heart of a lion, you will not win 8)
CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts
I think this battle comes down to preference. It's more of what game do you like better, VII or VIII. If I had to make an unbias pick, I would go with Cloud, just cause of his strength & speed. Though, because of his weak mind & lack of self confidence (though he did gain more at the end of Advent Children) the fight would be closer than people would think. Squall is no push over but Cloud is, IMO, just much stronger & faster.
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
I pick cloud but I encourage everyone to make their poll threads more professional. If you don't know what I'm talking about , go here

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/profile/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-24520948&user=Soulja_West

Thankyou :)
GunsofTPatriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GunsofTPatriots

I pick cloud but I encourage everyone to make their poll threads more professional. If you don't know what I'm talking about , go here

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/profile/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-24520948&user=Soulja_West

Thankyou :) Soulja_West

True....im just sayin it wouldn't exactly be an easy win for either side. There wouldn't exactly be any "Teh Awsomr pwnage on all noobie noobs...OWNED WITH OWNAGES" going on in this fight. To be honest its true....its more so preference for what game you liked. But it should only be true for me because i haven't played 7...so all i can really go for is Squall because thats all i know. So i don't know how Cloud fights but im Sure Squalls Limit Break would give Cloud some problems :D

psfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 psfan
Member since 2006 • 460 Posts
i think cloud would win cause he has omnislash and dats so badass
Master_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Master_Odin
Member since 2005 • 4932 Posts
Cloud does have more speed than Squall, even when he's weilding two buster swords so I'm going to have to go with Cloud.
saiyan_trunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 saiyan_trunks
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts

i think cloud would win cause he has omnislash and dats so badasspsfan

Squall has lionheart...
and yes this will be a very good fight
Avatar image for KevComesRipping
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 KevComesRipping
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts
In my eyes, I'd have to say that Cloud would win, just because he seems very goal oriented, Squall doesn't seem like he know's who to fight throughout FFVIII.. He hates princess Edea, then he likes her, blah blah... but then again, you can spend a few hours in the training room and get to level 99 in FFVIII, then all he'd need to do is junction some powerful magic like, oh, say, Death to his sword... so I guess if they had like a day to prepare for the fight Squall would "So totally pwnage on short term notice" but without that one day, he's ruined, he doesn't have ups like Cloud.
Dark_Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Dark_Kain
Member since 2004 • 1408 Posts
To throw my 2 cents in, based on Advent Children, it made Cloud appear as if he is almost omnipotent. But if we are going by game mechanics, then Squall would probably be able to take Cloud.
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kingdom09
Member since 2005 • 53071 Posts
I vote Squall, just cause he's cooler then Cloud:P
were-woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 were-woman
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts

Cloud, Cloud - CLOUD!!!

He'd kick Squall's... well, I can't say, but you know!!! :D

nurik_strife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 nurik_strife
Member since 2005 • 497 Posts
Cloud would win, Advent Children anyone...Anyways it would be a great fight but nothing compared to Kadaj and Cloud in AC.
GunsofTPatriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GunsofTPatriots

Cloud, Cloud - CLOUD!!!

He'd kick Squall's... well, I can't say, but you know!!! :D

were-woman

\

So much for having an educated debate. Umm i don't see how cloud is faster? Could someone provide some actual details and supporting facts. Besides you can't compare Cloud from advent childrent to Squall. For one Squall doesn't have his own movie and thats also reason two. ITS A MOVIE!! This fight would have to be game VS game character. So if it were the Cloud from the game i don't really see how he is faster...faster isn't always better if squall can still keep up pretty well even if he was faster. And no one wastes time in the training center to lvl up to 99! If you do your insane....there are better places to lvl up then that!

manhunt1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 manhunt1001
Member since 2004 • 2431 Posts
Ahhh reminds me of the good old days when i would get into arguments about these very two.

Well il break it down the way i see it:

Cloud has the increased speed and strength to carry his sword because of the jenova cells he also has fairly good magic capabilities and is versatile.

Squall is skilled in a unique but powerful weapon which i think is fairly more useful than clouds tankish weapon. He is well rounded in his status and lacks very little capabilities.

Omnislash vs Lionheart... Well Lionheart gets the advantage since it strikes 18 times compared to the 15 strikes of omnislash.

On a bad day Cloud could lose to Squall, as Squall is easily more disiplined and i think a more seasoned fighter. However Cloud just has the overwhelming amount of strength,magic and defense because of the jenova cells implanted in him so overall, in the right conditions, Cloud would win.
GunsofTPatriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GunsofTPatriots

Ahhh reminds me of the good old days when i would get into arguments about these very two.

Well il break it down the way i see it:

Cloud has the increased speed and strength to carry his sword because of the jenova cells he also has fairly good magic capabilities and is versatile.

Squall is skilled in a unique but powerful weapon which i think is fairly more useful than clouds tankish weapon. He is well rounded in his status and lacks very little capabilities.

Omnislash vs Lionheart... Well Lionheart gets the advantage since it strikes 18 times compared to the 15 strikes of omnislash.

On a bad day Cloud could lose to Squall, as Squall is easily more disiplined and i think a more seasoned fighter. However Cloud just has the overwhelming amount of strength,magic and defense because of the jenova cells implanted in him so overall, in the right conditions, Cloud would win.
manhunt1001

To be honest i think it would be a draw after what you said. Yes im convinced. The fight would be so awesome and it would drag on for a long time till both are tired and worn out after such a hard fight. Both would win some rounds and lose some...one would get beat up a little bit then the tables would turn and so on.

GuanPing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GuanPing
Member since 2005 • 486 Posts

It would be a good fight...i don't exactly think their would be any owning going on. Squall has the heart of a lion, you will not win 8)GunsofTPatriots

I agree, Squall would win a hard fought battle

darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
Cloud would win in a close battle.
gamerrgurrl9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamerrgurrl9
Member since 2005 • 1982 Posts
Squall would win with his lionheat limit break.It would not be an easy win though.
seankulbeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 seankulbeth
Member since 2005 • 2092 Posts
Well, this isn't an option, so I don't get to vote, but I'll post about it. I think it would be a tie. Not because Cloud's speed matches up with Squall's weapon, but because I don't think either one of them would give up. They would fight until they were both dead. That's what their personality's seem like to me anyway. Anyone agree or disagree with this?
-oneironaut-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -oneironaut-
Member since 2006 • 1005 Posts
no contest: a little emo kid with the "heart of a lion" :P or the clone of sephiroth, the greatest villain of all time :I
Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nimroc
Member since 2004 • 6052 Posts

As always this is just a opinion vote thread and neither of them can ever be declared a winner as they are from games set in different worlds.

Also, if you guys still want to talk about who you think is the mightier/stronger and so on, please leave Advent Children out of the picture.
As the makers the movie made all the fighting so crazy and over the top because they simply wanted to, and is not valid in any form of discussion like this if you want to stay true to the original game.

Avatar image for Playstationgeek
Playstationgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Playstationgeek
Member since 2005 • 564 Posts
squall would win, he has his gunblade, lionheart, and rinoa by his side
tenkaizhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tenkaizhi
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts
cloud as he brought down a near GOD and his mother plus squall a whingy mother lover with no style cloud is the epitome of cool in ff7 hes the most kick ass character ever Also the fickin bike in advent children hed murder squall hands down
Karinka19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25 Karinka19
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts
it would probably be a tie but i still went with my boo ...Squall
CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts
Cloud, even without the jenova cells proved that with determination he can overcome (as seen in the flashback anime, which show's him using Zack's Buster sword after he found Tifa & Zack hurt. He wasn't every skilled with it but he did use it. Then after Sephiroth stabs in, he was able to mustard up enough strength to toss Sephiroth into the Lifestream.) Most people would have been dead as soon as that blade penetrated through their body. Mix that with his new found abilities & that old, never retreat, never surrender menatlity & Cloud will not stop till he's the victor, reguardless how damage he is. You can say he has a heart of a lion also, just the confidence of a 12 yrs old., which could be his only downfall.
GunsofTPatriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GunsofTPatriots

[QUOTE="GunsofTPatriots"]It would be a good fight...i don't exactly think their would be any owning going on. Squall has the heart of a lion, you will not win 8)GuanPing

I agree, Squall would win a hard fought battle

Actually if you read my post right above yours i changed it to it would be a draw. And i highly doubt Squall is 'emo' . I guess you can call Vergil from DMC and other characters that are quiet and collected emo. Alot of you are so opinionated and biased. For the THIRD TIME STOP COMPARING ADVENT CHILDREN!!!! YOU CANNOT DO THAT BECAUSE SQUALL DOESN'T HAVE A MOVIE. Based on the game mechanics only! And please people actually have an educated debate and stop giving pointless and under educated supporting reasons!!!!!!!!

donovanx85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 donovanx85
Member since 2006 • 363 Posts

To throw my 2 cents in, based on Advent Children, it made Cloud appear as if he is almost omnipotent. But if we are going by game mechanics, then Squall would probably be able to take Cloud.

damn right!

Avatar image for asianpaintbaler
asianpaintbaler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 asianpaintbaler
Member since 2004 • 2478 Posts
i like squall more than cloud if they ever make another FF movie i hope it is based on FFVIII ciz in my opinion i think that is the second best and would make a great movie 
Playstationgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Playstationgeek

cloud as he brought down a near GODtenkaizhi

Ultimecia was more of a god, she could manipulate time, and do amazing magic

Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts

[QUOTE="tenkaizhi"]cloud as he brought down a near GODPlaystationgeek

Ultimecia was more of a god, she could manipulate time, and do amazing magic

But anyone in FFVII can manipulate time if they use time materia.

And I'm inclined to go with Cloud, but I've never played FFVIII so I can't really say.
Karinka19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#32 Karinka19
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts
dude you gotta play 8! (in my opinion) its AWEsome but 7 does give 8 a run for its money though. hell i love them equally.:P 8 made me cry at the end...:oops:
tenkaizhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tenkaizhi
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts
true playstation geek but sephiroph had an attack which saw him demolish the galaxy in a single swipe
Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts
true playstation geek but sephiroph had an attack which saw him demolish the galaxy in a single swipetenkaizhi
Yeah, but how he once managed to destroy the entire solar system 3 times in one fight with no major consequences afterward is beyond me :P
GunsofTPatriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GunsofTPatriots

!!!FIGHT!!!

DarkBigBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 DarkBigBoss
Member since 2005 • 27 Posts
If we are based on the games, Squall's lionheart is better than Cloud's omnislash. Also the junction system makes Squall more powerful than the materia system in FF7. But if you are based in kingdom hearts 1 and 2 you see that Cloud is far more powerful than Squall, so, i think its a draw. That fight would never finish.
Playstationgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Playstationgeek

true playstation geek but sephiroph had an attack which saw him demolish the galaxy in a single swipetenkaizhi

doh! i havent completed the game yet so i wouldnt know that, and ultimecia destroyed time and space :D

also gallion-beast, so can ne1, but nowhere near to the extent of ultimecia, she goes YEARS into the future and past

marc_man3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 marc_man3001
Member since 2006 • 90 Posts
Honestly in a full out fight between Cloud and Squall, I think Cloud has the upperhand. Both they're limits are about even. I think Lionheart cancels out Cloud's Omnislash, but in the long run Cloud's speed would probably wear Squall down. So it would seem Cloud takes this one O.o.
ToraYoukaiBaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 ToraYoukaiBaka
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Cloud and Squall are both pretty good fighters. Both really cool too. I think that Cloud would own Squall though. Cloud's just just a better fighter. Plus he has a huge sword. Squall is a good fighter and all, but all he has is the gun-blade. Cloud would definitely win:D
SSforlife41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SSforlife41
Member since 2005 • 3139 Posts
hands down cloud would win he is just a better fighter and has a lot more skill
killer_shadow1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 killer_shadow1
Member since 2005 • 2730 Posts

doesnt squalls sword as act as a gun?

but either way i think cloud would win

Vaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 Vaton
Member since 2006 • 1804 Posts
a tie because they both are really good and would annihilate anybody else
GunsofTPatriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GunsofTPatriots
Its still funny to see no one giving actual good supporting facts and still using Advent Children as an example.
MaChaorules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 MaChaorules
Member since 2005 • 4951 Posts
cloud cuz omni slash looks wicked
YummyOreos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 YummyOreos
Member since 2006 • 461 Posts
I think Cloud would win, he's strong, fast, and he's got some cool and strong attack's. ^_^           ... But then so does Squall :shock:
Arch_Angel_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 Arch_Angel_21
Member since 2006 • 1493 Posts
Its hard to choose so i say that its a draw
djnickz06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 djnickz06
Member since 2006 • 276 Posts

Cloud, because... just watch Final Fantasy 7: AC and you'll know my answer why.

Just look at Cloud. He's not human! Able to fight with Sephiroth with that kinda moves - flying in mid-air, jumping off from building to building and ultimate finishing move with 5 in 1 sword. That's all I can say.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#48 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts
My vote would go to Squall. This is purely because I prefer his gunblade over Cloud's Buster sword. Not much of a reason i know...
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#49 Spurs_Fan
Member since 2005 • 13023 Posts
I think Cloud would own him :P
Cutie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Cutie_Q
Member since 2005 • 263 Posts

I think this battle comes down to preference. It's more of what game do you like better, VII or VIII. If I had to make an unbias pick, I would go with Cloud, just cause of his strength & speed. Though, because of his weak mind & lack of self confidence (though he did gain more at the end of Advent Children) the fight would be closer than people would think. Squall is no push over but Cloud is, IMO, just much stronger & faster. CMakaCreative

Agrees :D