AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 0

#1 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

What was the first Final Fantasy Game you guys ever played? And what is your favorite?

I have a theory that the first one you play, remains special. As the first one i played was VIII. And it's still my favorite FF game.

Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 Spurs_Fan
Member since 2005 • 13023 Posts
My first Final Fantasy was FFVI i think. My favourites are FFVII and FFX. But for some reason i will say FFX is my favourite :D
break_fate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 break_fate
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
First was: final fantasy II in super nintendo before they changed some elements when they put it in chronicles for playstation. remember it was called "lit" instead of bolt? The summon was indra not ramuh?

Favorite: VIII closely followed by X
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 ffxjunky06
Member since 2006 • 8351 Posts
Well my very First Final Fantasy game that  i obtained was Final Fantasy X which i have to say IMO, is the best in the Series but that is me. It is also (of course) my favourite Final Fantasy game of all time.

I have a theory that the first one you play, remains special. As the first one i played was VIII. And it's still my favorite FF game.

AzelKosMos

From this Statement, well that is very true. Mostly, if a person buys a Final Fantasy game (for example Final Fantasy VII) and it is thre very First then it usually is there favourite out of the lot. I have noticed this a lot which being a member of many Final Fantasy Unions including FFU. You get a lot of people whos First was there favourite.

It is the same as life. Mostly your First was your Favourite.

Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Spurs_Fan
Yeah i have seen it alot too. But it wasn't the same with me :P
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ffxjunky06
Yeah i have seen it alot too. But it wasn't the same with me :PSpurs_Fan
Well it was for me as Final Fantasy X was my First and is my Favourite. So as you can see, i am One of those people.
Rongaryen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Rongaryen
Member since 2004 • 147 Posts

My first is IV when i was five.  It was my favorite until I played VII and the first one i bought was VIII which i can't stand and despise to this day but, that's just me.

I think that it's not your first that is usually your favorite but, it's more the first one you beat on your own.  Sometimes it is the first one you played but, my favorite ended up being the one i beat without anyone's help.

-Pro-Link-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Pro-Link-
Member since 2006 • 6297 Posts
My first was Final Fantasy was VII.  I got it the same year it came out, way back in 97.

My favorite would also be VII.  It's not my favorite because it was my first.  But because I love everything about it.  It got me started on the FF series.  I love it's battle system, the music, the characters, and the story.
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ffxjunky06

My first is IV when i was five. It was my favorite until I played VII and the first one i bought was VIII which i can't stand and despise to this day but, that's just me.

I think that it's not your first that is usually your favorite but, it's more the first one you beat on your own. Sometimes it is the first one you played but, my favorite ended up being the one i beat without anyone's help.

Rongaryen
Well i never get help with any of the games that i play and i only have a few favourites and they are usually the ones that i enjoy an can play over and over again.
moonVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 moonVIII
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts

The first Final Fantasy that I ever played was ff1 on the NES. but my favourite FF is VIII followed closely by X. FF VIII might be my favourite because it is the first final fantasy i actually owned myself. All the previous ones I either rented or borrowed from my brother.

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ffxjunky06
So you started from Final Fantasy I, not many do. Good for you. :)
Dark_Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Dark_Kain
Member since 2004 • 1408 Posts
My first was Final Fantasy I, though I couldn't really get the hang of it for a few years. My favorite is Final Fantasy VI, by far. Can't go wrong with a game that has dancing moogles, loner ninjas, the lecherous gambler (whose character design was the basis for Sephiroth), and most importantly Intercepter "the wonder pup."
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ffxjunky06
My first was Final Fantasy I, though I couldn't really get the hang of it for a few years. My favorite is Final Fantasy VI, by far. Can't go wrong with a game that has dancing moogles, loner ninjas, the lecherous gambler (whose character design was the basis for Sephiroth), and most importantly Intercepter "the wonder pup."Gorman7147
Final Fantasy VI sounds like a lot of Fun.
Is Final Fantasy that hard of confusing to play. I would probably prefer Final Fantasy VI.
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Spurs_Fan

[QUOTE="Gorman7147"]My first was Final Fantasy I, though I couldn't really get the hang of it for a few years. My favorite is Final Fantasy VI, by far. Can't go wrong with a game that has dancing moogles, loner ninjas, the lecherous gambler (whose character design was the basis for Sephiroth), and most importantly Intercepter "the wonder pup."ffxjunky06
Is Final Fantasy that hard of confusing to play. I would probably prefer Final Fantasy VI.

Prefer FFVI to what.

I thought FFVI was great, but i got right to the end (I never completed it)

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ffxjunky06

[QUOTE="ffxjunky06"] [QUOTE="Gorman7147"]My first was Final Fantasy I, though I couldn't really get the hang of it for a few years. My favorite is Final Fantasy VI, by far. Can't go wrong with a game that has dancing moogles, loner ninjas, the lecherous gambler (whose character design was the basis for Sephiroth), and most importantly Intercepter "the wonder pup."Spurs_Fan

Prefer FFVI to what.

Read the Post Correctly. I said i would Prefer it to Final Fantasy I.
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Spurs_Fan
[QUOTE="Spurs_Fan"]

[QUOTE="ffxjunky06"] [QUOTE="Gorman7147"]My first was Final Fantasy I, though I couldn't really get the hang of it for a few years. My favorite is Final Fantasy VI, by far. Can't go wrong with a game that has dancing moogles, loner ninjas, the lecherous gambler (whose character design was the basis for Sephiroth), and most importantly Intercepter "the wonder pup."ffxjunky06

Prefer FFVI to what.

Read the Post Correctly. I said i would Prefer it to Final Fantasy I.

Oh, when you said Final Fantasy i thought you meant the whole series :P

Franknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Franknight
Member since 2004 • 5003 Posts
It was FFVIII and it is still my favorite one.
Dark_Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dark_Kain
Member since 2004 • 1408 Posts
I was on the younger side when I got Final Fantasy I, I hadn't quite grasped the concept of the RPG by that point. Now I have complete and utter respect for the title and what it started. But yeah, FFVI still rocks hard seeing as I've completed the game just under 20 times, including low level runs and random other difficult ways of finishing it.
sephrios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sephrios
Member since 2003 • 257 Posts
My first final fantasy game was well final fantasy 1 way back on the nes, been playing them ever since....though my first rpg was dragon warrior = )
ff-leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ff-leader
Member since 2006 • 2400 Posts

The first FF i got was 7 then 8 then 9 then 10 the 6 the 10-2 then 4and 5. All my FF chracters are maxed out.

god_yggdrasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 god_yggdrasil
Member since 2006 • 4173 Posts

What was the first Final Fantasy Game you guys ever played? And what is your favorite?

AzelKosMos

my first was FF crystal chronicles for the gamecube. i can't agree with u tho. it was my first but it never remained special. it actually made me hate the series. it was just a horrible game.  i sodl it and never looked at it again.  But! my friend told me that that one is the worst FF game to start out with in the series. it actually doesnt even go with the whole FFI, FFII, etc. thing so it cant be compared to them. so then i gave them another chance and went out and bought myself a ps2.

with this, i borrowed FFIX, my second FF game, and well, battle system disappointed me, but the story touched me. i loved it. FFIX is my favorite FF game well, only because it is the only one besides crystal chronicles that i have played. i will play VII pretty soon though.

Jalapenos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jalapenos
Member since 2003 • 1597 Posts
The firste one I played was VII, and my favourites are VII and IX.
Cloud2145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Cloud2145
Member since 2006 • 2016 Posts
My first FF game that I played was Final Fantasy IX, and my favorites are FF VII, VIII, and IX
Donkeljohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#24 Donkeljohn
Member since 2003 • 4087 Posts

FFVII was the first one I played all the way through. FF2 (SNES) was the first one I ever played though. I just wasn't into that sort of thing at the time.

I still can't decide on a favorite. . . maybe VII or X.

IceDefenseGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IceDefenseGod
Member since 2005 • 3842 Posts
My first was FFVII.
Chaos_four

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Chaos_four
Member since 2003 • 319 Posts
My first was FFX, and it is tied with FF7 as my favorite.
IceDefenseGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 IceDefenseGod
Member since 2005 • 3842 Posts
FFX is the best, FFVII is the second best, and FFIX is third.
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Spurs_Fan

FFX is the best, FFVII is the second best, and FFIX is third.IceDefenseGod

Exacly the same as me :)

inuyasha12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 inuyasha12
Member since 2003 • 28053 Posts
Mine was Final Fantasy IX.
FinalxRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FinalxRain
Member since 2005 • 1120 Posts
Mine was Final Fantasy X
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ffxjunky06
I was on the younger side when I got Final Fantasy I, I hadn't quite grasped the concept of the RPG by that point. Now I have complete and utter respect for the title and what it started. But yeah, FFVI still rocks hard seeing as I've completed the game just under 20 times, including low level runs and random other difficult ways of finishing it.Gorman7147
Yes well that is the way to really Grasp the real Experience of not only a Final Fantasy Game but as an RPG.
joe603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 joe603
Member since 2005 • 137 Posts
 I guess I'm old (I'm 28)...I played FF1 when it was first released on the NES...It was my 2nd RPG (first was Dragon Quest 1), and it had me hooked!  I remember that I thought it was hard, until I relealized that I needed to "equip" armor/weapons on my characters, not just place it on them!  I remember being disapointed with the ending though...Still a great game, even with everything thats out now.  
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ffxjunky06
[Deleted - OT]
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 the_unbroken
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
My first FF was FFVIII, And to this day it is still my favorite. The story line was one of shear beauty. The junction system was one of the best enhancment Ideas I've ever seen. FFVIII paved the road for me to play all other FF's. But it is held as one of the greats in my book.
hellsingfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hellsingfan666
Member since 2004 • 602 Posts
FF3 AKA FF6 was the first. Then 2 aka 4, and then 7-9 back to 5. Then forward to FF10 backwards once more to FF1 original copy i bought for 25$ then origins to play FF2 and finally a translated rom for FF3 forward in time to FFX2. :( wish i could play FF11
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Spurs_Fan

FF3 AKA FF6 was the first. Then 2 aka 4, and then 7-9 back to 5. Then forward to FF10 backwards once more to FF1 original copy i bought for 25$ then origins to play FF2 and finally a translated rom for FF3 forward in time to FFX2. :( wish i could play FF11
hellsingfan666

What do you mean "FF3 aka FF6"?

-Pro-Link-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Pro-Link-

[QUOTE="hellsingfan666"]FF3 AKA FF6 was the first. Then 2 aka 4, and then 7-9 back to 5. Then forward to FF10 backwards once more to FF1 original copy i bought for 25$ then origins to play FF2 and finally a translated rom for FF3 forward in time to FFX2. :( wish i could play FF11
Spurs_Fan

What do you mean "FF3 aka FF6"?

In Japan FFIII was FFVI.  And would you please stop going off-topic.
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Spurs_Fan

I didn't go off topic because i was confused and i didn't know what he was on about!

Anyway back on topic -Pro-Link-

-Pro-Link-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Pro-Link-

I didn't go off topic because i was confused and i didn't know what he was on about!

Anyway back on topic -Pro-Link-

Spurs_Fan

You just went off-topic there.  If you wanted to know what he was talking about then just pm him.

[Please don't reply to this messege]
Harpey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Harpey
Member since 2005 • 1397 Posts
Ah the first FF game i ever played was FFX i herd about it on the internet and i thought i might aswell play it, then i played FF-X2 and well those are the only FF games i have played now but im loking for the other ones to play.. and for favourite ill go with both of them lol
S_A_D_U_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 S_A_D_U_1
Member since 2006 • 2052 Posts
mine was FFX as well i still play that game
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 Disgaeamad
Member since 2005 • 19315 Posts

My first ever Final Fantasy was Final Fantasy VII.

AzelKosMos

I have to disagree with that though (In my own terms of course). I loved Final Fantasy VII, yes, but I have to say that Final Fantasy IX is the Final Fantasy I hold dearest to my heart.

KevNSt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KevNSt
Member since 2006 • 70 Posts
My first FF was VII. I got a preview of it at a friend's place, en within a week I'd bought it, and a memory card. still didn't have the console though, so you might say Final Fantasy's the reason I ever got a playstation. It's still my favourite, of the ones I have played. The one I really regret never playing is IX. When I finally got hold of a copy, it was damaged, and wouldn't load fron the first disc, and it just didn't feel right continuing someone else's game just to play it.
LoneRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 LoneRex
Member since 2006 • 1717 Posts

My first FF was VII. I picked a random game at my shop, then went played it. I sucked pretty bad, I couldn't beat the escaping bomb thing.

Borrowed it to my friend and he goes until icicle inn.

Then I play it again and me and my friend keep shifting turns till I manage to beat him in the last part, he couldn't beat safer sephiroth, I kinda laugh even now when I was advancing during the game, and doing things all over again, i kept asking myself: "I bet Vincent's here now, I'm gonna find him now!" "SPOILER" Only to find out he was in the mansion all along.

WildArms567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WildArms567
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
The first ff i ever got was ff 1 for the nes when i was like 4 or 5. and then i had forgotton all about it till i played 7 and i was like wait a minute i have this game.  my favorite though would be 3 i believe the one with terra and edgar and sabin and such. and then my next favorite would be 9. but i have to admit i hated the story till about halfway throught he game.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#46 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

My first FF was FFVIII, And to this day it is still my favorite. The story line was one of shear beauty. The junction system was one of the best enhancment Ideas I've ever seen. FFVIII paved the road for me to play all other FF's. But it is held as one of the greats in my book.the_unbroken

I completely agree with you in every way. I love the junction system. And triple triad is still the best mini game ever.

But i noticed that my theory so far has been proven wrong.... :P

rbenchley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 rbenchley
Member since 2004 • 198 Posts
I'm old school.  My first Final Fantasy game was the original one back on the NES.
fantasyfacade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 fantasyfacade
Member since 2006 • 8317 Posts
My first was V, but the first one I owned was X, which is my favorite and tied with VII.
GT3racer2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GT3racer2187
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
My first Final Fantasy game was IX and my favorite was X.

jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#50 jordina
Member since 2006 • 5410 Posts

ix was bought for me and it was my first and its true that you say that the first is special though its not my fave. its my fourth favourite ff. i preffered vi,x and vii( favourite).

ix will never be as good as it was when i first played it.