kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

Is anyone here a die-hard Square Enix fan?

I don't just mean a specific series produced by SE. I mean, an SE fan.

Is there anyone here that will play ANY game produced by SE? And will get it no matter how?

I don't deny that i'm not such an addict to SE, although i deeply admire all of SE's productions. I'm just a total FF-maniac, not for other SE games though. I haven't even played games like Front Mission or Star Ocean yet :?

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
Well I wouldn't say I am a die-hard SE fan, but I am a pretty big fan of the KH series and there are a couple other SE games that I simply can't wait for.
pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 pikastar
Member since 2006 • 3405 Posts

Nope not a Die-hard SE fan...FF yes, but not all SE games sound interesting to me.

Some of the new ones they have announced dont interest me, like that mystery one (I cant remember the name) and The World Ends with You, as well as not really being interested in DQ games.

I am looking forward to the Star Ocean games for the PSP, they will be my first SO games. The 2 handheld KH games are also looking good.

And after the crap that was Heroes of Mana, I wont be getting another Mana game without waiting awhile after it is released to see what everyone says.

I love SE, but just like all other game companies, some games youll like, some you wont like. And I dont have enough money to spend it on games I wont like :D

mfouad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 mfouad
Member since 2005 • 1636 Posts

i m die hard fan of final fantasy and final fantasy is made by square enix !!!!

that's y i m also die hard fan of square enix!!!!!!!!

Jmah1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Jmah1337
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts
no im not that hardcore :( dont got the money to buy all of that any way. i like FF but im not really hardcore for it. i only buy games that get released in my area :P
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts

Final fantasy maybe. If i see a game with FF stuck on it i wont look at the back or anything i will just buy it. And if i have all the ff games that are in the shop im in, i will look for other SE games, like DQ, or VP.

I have loved every SE game i have played, all 9 ff games, and both DQ games.

So i would call myself a fan, but i would call myself an RPG fan rather than a SE fan to be honest, as i have lots of non SE RPGs

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Lady_Bahamut
Member since 2007 • 1224 Posts

...maybe you could consider me a die-hard fan then, because I will buy almost any SE game that I can get my hands on. Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile and any other series I may have forgotten in that list.

Don't get me wrong, I do love other RPG's than SE ones. I just tend to buy alot more SE games.

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kinetic-core

mfouad

nope nope... not as die-hard as lady_bahamut i guess :lol: I am a maniac about FF and just buys every incarnation and would get my hands on any limited edition stuff (if i can)... but i don't really care much about other SE games. I'm a die-hard FF fan, like you perhaps, mr mfouad :D

mfouad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mfouad
Member since 2005 • 1636 Posts
[QUOTE="mfouad"]

kinetic-core

nope nope... not as die-hard as lady_bahamut i guess :lol: I am a maniac about FF and just buys every incarnation and would get my hands on any limited edition stuff (if i can)... but i don't really care much about other SE games. I'm a die-hard FF fan, like you perhaps, mr mfouad :D

yeah whatever!!!!:P

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

I'm a pretty big SE fan.. but because I don't really like DQ games I guess you can't call me die-hard... :(

I have played quite a few of their games though, and buy the majority that I can get my hands on...

even games such as Threads of Fate, both Musashi games, Radiata Stories... etc. etc.

There are definitely more SE games in my collection than any other though, and I even bothered getting games such as FFF: Chocobo Tales.. so I'd say that's reasonably die-hard....

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I'm more of a die-hard FF/KH fan. Even though i'll probably be getting the star ocean games when released for the PSP.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kinetic-core
[QUOTE="kinetic-core"][QUOTE="mfouad"]

mfouad

yeah whatever!!!!:P

at least i know there's another diehard FF fan like myself. :P

SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts

I would have to say I am a die-hard SE fan; I love all the obscure games as well as the high profile ones, and when I heard about Infinite Undiscovery I almost wet my pants. (lol) I am even considering getting FF XI online for the 360 even though no one liked that game - lol.

The only series I'm not really into from SE is the KH series cause I'm not into the Disney aspect.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 Sony_FanBoy
Member since 2006 • 2993 Posts

I'm a die-hard Sqeenix fan. I love most of the stuff they do. Here are some of my favorites from them.

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy XII

Chrono Cross

Front Mission 4

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 johngebreadman
sigh. i want chrono cross so much, yet SE keeps eu in the dark again:(
darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darkcloud6
Member since 2007 • 4685 Posts
i've never disliked a SE game, so i would play anything made by them given the chance :).
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts

I am more of a fan of the Square part of SE. Mario RPG and FFVII got me into them, but I am only a fan of certain of their franchises. But still, I am not that big into them either, since some of their games really don't appeal to me at all, such as Front Mission and Musashi. On the Enix side of things, I've only played Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and while I enjoyed it, I wasn't too crazy about it.

That said, I have 10 games from SE, 7 which are of the FF brand. Next to that, I think Tecmo, Konami and Capcom games follow closely on that number.

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
I used to be. Then they started putting out games that range from crap to average like Final Fantasy VII(average), VIII(crap), Xenosaga series(crap), Final Fantasy X(somewhere between mediocre and average), Kingdom Hearts(MEDIOCRE), Final Fantasy X-2(by God the worst FF), and Chrono Cross(poor and a disgrace to the original).
pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pikastar
:shock: Must...ignore...what I believe...must have been a typo for FFVII...Im sure you didnt mean FFVII was average...Cause I would SERIOUSLY have to disagree with you :lol:
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 johngebreadman

If i could find him I would KILL him

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

:shock: Must...ignore...what I believe...must have been a typo for FFVII...Im sure you didnt mean FFVII was average...Cause I would SERIOUSLY have to disagree with you :lol:pikastar

I thought it was average. I'd give it a 7.5.

pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pikastar

[QUOTE="pikastar"]:shock: Must...ignore...what I believe...must have been a typo for FFVII...Im sure you didnt mean FFVII was average...Cause I would SERIOUSLY have to disagree with you :lol:DrAwesomeMD

FFVII is my favorite :D Its the story and characters that really makes it stand out for me. No matter how many other FF games come out, there is something about those characters that connects me more to the game then any other. There isnt a single character in the game that I dont like. The story of Shinra, SOLDIER, the lifestream, the experiments, ect. is all so entertaining to me.

But thats just my opinion :D I was just joking around with ya on the previous post :lol: Everyone has different opinions on their favorite FF game ;)

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

[QUOTE="pikastar"]:shock: Must...ignore...what I believe...must have been a typo for FFVII...Im sure you didnt mean FFVII was average...Cause I would SERIOUSLY have to disagree with you :lol:pikastar

FFVII is my favorite :D Its the story and characters that really makes it stand out for me. No matter how many other FF games come out, there is something about those characters that connects me more to the game then any other. There isnt a single character in the game that I dont like. The story of Shinra, SOLDIER, the lifestream, the experiments, ect. is all so entertaining to me.

But thats just my opinion :D I was just joking around with ya on the previous post :lol: Everyone has different opinions on their favorite FF game ;)

Watch out. Pikastar might own you with Cloud knownledge. :lol:
pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pikastar
[QUOTE="pikastar"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

[QUOTE="pikastar"]:shock: Must...ignore...what I believe...must have been a typo for FFVII...Im sure you didnt mean FFVII was average...Cause I would SERIOUSLY have to disagree with you :lol:WSGRandomPerson

Watch out. Pikastar might own you with Cloud knownledge. :lol:

LOL :oops: *whistles innocently*

workinRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 workinRPG
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts

Complete DIE-HARD, DIE-HARDER fan

About 7000 saved games hours, from my FF games collection. (I just added them up from all my memory cards)

So many memories of great games. Will contiune to increase im sure.

SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts

Complete DIE-HARD, DIE-HARDER fan

About 7000 saved games hours, from my FF games collection. (I just added them up from all my memory cards)

So many memories of great games. Will contiune to increase im sure.

workinRPG

that's A LOT of hours!! :)

workinRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 workinRPG

Over the 10 years playing them it aint that long, i should have put SE and not FF.

Now 7000 hours purely on the FF series would be alot.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 johngebreadman
thats about 2 hours a day consistently, when you come to think about it it aint that much really.
workinRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 workinRPG

True, 2 hours a day is not alot, but the series of FF(1-12) thats still about 500 hours on each game, LOL

Now that would truely be die-hard, kinda leads to a new question

How many hours have you spent on one SE game? (not sure if done before)

Answer for me would be between SOIII:TTEOT and FFX about 320hours on each

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts
The most I've spend in a SE game is 93 hours, that was FFVII. Granted, this is only my master file and does not count all the other times I have played and beaten the game:P. Second is FFXII, which I have clocked around 82 hours.
AceofOpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AceofOpus
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts
Well I'm not the most die hard fan as I missed out on some of the greater, older games: Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, Valkyrie Profile, and some of the older fantasies (before VII). I mean would you call someone that writes roman numerals instead of the Arabic system, without knowing Latin, shows that the series has affected my life. The fact fact that during Christmas time while opening chestnuts I say "I'm Kupo for Kupo nuts!" shows the level of obsession. Although not to harp on what was said earlier while VII was a great game the same things people say they liked about it is what I say for IX.
Shygirlfrumfl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Shygirlfrumfl
Member since 2007 • 962 Posts
Im not a die hard Square Enix fan but a die hard Final Fantasy fan.Although I do admire Square Enix work and talent.Someday I would even like to work with them.
albel112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 albel112
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

yep die hard SE Fan...

there isn't SE game i haven't played, all games are more than 80% compleate (if you don't count ff tactics that is only 5% xD)