Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

I can't name anyone who is totally, and I mean, absolutely, pleased with all and everything Square Enix has done in the past several years... That's why there are always whinings, complaints, rants and other negative criticisms. So, let us voice out our thoughts and opinions and let other know what you think are the mistakes of SE, whether major corporate decisions, or deviating from what a series used to do, letting your favorite game developer leave SE, and others.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
My primary complaint would be there over focus on the Final Fantasy franchise. I know it's their biggest franchise, but in some ways it feels they're beginning to over saturate the games. There has been far too many remakes and ports of the same games.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts

-Letting Tetsuya Nomura have way too much creative freedom. He isn't that great. He never was. He never will be

-Driving Sakaguchi out. He was the heart of the company and it is crumbling without him

-Spamming FF like there is no tomorrow. Why do we need ports of ports of ports? Seriously. The FFIII remake was ok because it has never come to the states before, but most of it just isn't needed. They are just getting greedy

-Allowing the FFX-2 director to ever get near FF again

-Letting Matsuno go

-Allowing hte KH team to...well...exist in the first place. They ahve done one worthwhile game. Chain of Memories. that's it.

-Letting the KH team do one of the FFXIII games

-For that matter, having more than one FFXIII game

lo_Reaper_ol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 lo_Reaper_ol
Member since 2007 • 4953 Posts

-Letting Tetsuya Nomura have way too much creative freedom. He isn't that great. He never was. He never will be

-Driving Sakaguchi out. He was the heart of the company and it is crumbling without him

-Spamming FF like there is no tomorrow. Why do we need ports of ports of ports? Seriously. The FFIII remake was ok because it has never come to the states before, but most of it just isn't needed. They are just getting greedy

-Letting Matsuno go

-Allowing hte KH team to...well...exist in the first place. They ahve done one worthwhile game. Chain of Memories. that's it.

fs_metal

I agree with you 87.5% (all except one) KH 1 and 2 were good games to me. Can't wait for the third.

Cronaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Cronaroth
Member since 2004 • 3011 Posts

-Letting Matsuno go

fs_metal

That is the big one to me-I have to agree on all your counts except for the ones on KH.
x-wing20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 x-wing20
Member since 2003 • 1293 Posts
-not bringing FFXIII to the 360 in some form or another
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"]

-Letting Matsuno go

lo_Reaper_ol

I agree with you 87.5% (all except one) KH 1 and 2 were good games to me. Can't wait for the third.

KH was hyped as this in depth action RPG. What I got when I played it was a shallow action platformer with RPG elements and terrible pacing on it's story. The game took extended breaks from it's main story to go off onthese little stories in each individual world. The main story of hte game could have been told in a movie. That's how little of hte game actually focused on it. I HATED that. The characters felt like they were lacking personality, save for Riku. The music was these 1 minute long loops od Disney songs that would play for hte entire hour nad a half that you spent in said world. That was maddening. The combat was shallow, easy and as button mashy as it gets. Give me atleast a little strategy for God sake. It was just...ugh. I was so disappointed with it. KH: Chain of Memories fixed most of the problems I had with the first game and they unfixed pretty much everything for KH2 so it disappointed me after liking CoM

lo_Reaper_ol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lo_Reaper_ol
Member since 2007 • 4953 Posts
Well, I guess since you said all that, I do agree with you but I still liked the game. Maybe since I was stupid in my youth? How old is KH?
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

i doubt they "drove Mr Sakaguchi out". The press said something else though :P lol. But you can't always trust the press.

And biggest mistake in my opinion is putting FFXI as an online game.

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lady_Bahamut
Member since 2007 • 1224 Posts

FFVIII

*shot*

Okay, thats just me >_> Like Mr. KH hater a few posts above me :P Hmm... Not making more games like TWEWY?

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fs_metal
I forgot to mention FFVIII. I hated that game
workinRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 workinRPG
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts

At the moment SE haven't really made any BIG mistakes, other than Unlimited Saga(what was that all about?) Saga Frontier 2 was a great game why they never made a third beats me.

Sure you can hate decisions from who they let leave or wanted to leave because they had other ideas, to hating a SE game because of the story and characters or the way it plays. Personally i hated FFIX, after playing VI VII and VIII, it just didn't seem all what it cracked up to be. But in no way was it mistake because i still bought and played it. And im sure people will defend it saying it was the best.

The only true mistake the company can make is one that we would all and a mean ALL disagree with. Say "SE are going to stop doing FF all together and Last Remnant will be there new main series" im sure pretty much everyone would say that was a BIG mistake.

Sure you can say im wrong but just because there is a SE game personally you didn't like, or a creative talent was allowed to leave, are not Mistakes because we all know that one game along the line will come out from this company that we will love and treasure for many years to come.

SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts

What's with the hate on FFVIII?!?!?!? Geez guys!:cry:

The only thing that SE ever did that bothered me was to make FFXI online subscription based. I don't know bout you guys but I like to go back and forth between games and I love games with loads of replay value. So why would I want to pay a monthly subscription for a game I don't play all the time? Or that I might not like at all? Even for X360, to play it you have to have an XLive account AND a FFXI account.... so you have to pay twice! dumb! I think doing this really alienated a lot of people from FFXI.

Schulzygrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Schulzygrl
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts

The only thing that SE ever did that bothered me was to make FFXI online subscription based. I don't know bout you guys but I like to go back and forth between games and I love games with loads of replay value. So why would I want to pay a monthly subscription for a game I don't play all the time? Or that I might not like at all? Even for X360, to play it you have to have an XLive account AND a FFXI account.... so you have to pay twice! dumb! I think doing this really alienated a lot of people from FFXI.

SymonDezyn

I agree I love FFVIII! Its an awesome game, also I really love the KH series, I cant wait for the next one.

kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#15 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts
The merger of Square and Enix. I know it was a business decision, but it feels like the quality of their games has gone downhill since the two companies joined. They aren't "Bad", but they just don't seem to be up to the quality of the older games the two companies made.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fs_metal

SymonDezyn
Because FFVIII is an excersice in tedium. As such, the game play is not only repetitive, but it is annoying. To gain magicval attacks, you have to stadn there and absorb them for several minutes while trying to keep yourself alive so that you can continue to do so. That is a clear cut example of bad game design
SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts

Because FFVIII is an excersice in tedium. As such, the game play is not only repetitive, but it is annoying. To gain magicval attacks, you have to stadn there and absorb them for several minutes while trying to keep yourself alive so that you can continue to do so. That is a clear cut example of bad game designfs_metal

Although I respect your opinion, I respectfully disagree. One element of a game you do not like doesn't make it a bad game, IMHO. I look more at story, characters, how intriguing I find it - to overlook one or two annoying things isn't much of a hardship. But that is only my own point of view; you are entitled to yours :D

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

... Saga Frontier 2 was a great game why they never made a third beats me...

workinRPG

You think so? Oh, I love you! :P (no malice there... i'm not a gay :)) Seriously, I really love Saga Frontier II. It takes severa ltimes t oget involoved with it, but once you start unravelling the very intriguing story, you can stop but, "Just one more episode beofre I go to bed..." Oh. I can still remember that time... Many sleepless nights. :)

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

FFVIII

*shot*

Okay, thats just me >_> Like Mr. KH hater a few posts above me :P Hmm... Not making more games like TWEWY?

Lady_Bahamut

Speaking of TWEWY, I'm liking it a lot more now that I'm getting further into it.

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

-Letting Matsuno go

fs_metal

I agree with everything you just said.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts

- making more than one FF13

- milking FF7 till the teets are dry

- Not making anything for the wii

But most importantly

NOT RELEASING GAMES IN UK SAME TIME AS AMERICA! OH, SO IVE ONLY BEEN WAITING SINCE 2004 FOR CRISIS CORE! WHAT DOES IT MATTER IF I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 9 MONTHS AFTER JAPAN GET IT TO PLAY IT, AND 3 MONTHS AFTER USA?! ****ING **** whoever says where and when they release games needs to be killed. harshly

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lady_Bahamut
In regards to that last point (and being English myself) you have to admit SE are getting better at releasing games quicker here. Particually with DS games, it's usually released within a few days or even BEFORE Amercia recently.
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 johngebreadman
ya, but the ones i seem to want most, main series of ff, crisis core, KH all seem to be out later here. By the time i get my copy of Crisis core it will be obselete in all the forums and unions
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"]

-Letting Matsuno go

DrAwesomeMD

I agree with everything you just said.

That does not surprise me:P
Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lady_Bahamut

ya, but the ones i seem to want most, main series of ff, crisis core, KH all seem to be out later here. By the time i get my copy of Crisis core it will be obselete in all the forums and unionsjohngebreadman

Well don't look at the spoilers >_> It's quite simple.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 johngebreadman

yes, but If i wanted to talk to everyone about it here, the hype would have gone and not many people would be interested, the majority of people here are American

pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 pikastar
Member since 2006 • 3405 Posts

yes, but If i wanted to talk to everyone about it here, the hype would have gone and not many people would be interested, the majority of people here are American

johngebreadman

*raises hand* Ill talk about Crisis Core! :lol: Im still excited about it. On my second time through (3/4ths of the way done) and I have no doubt ill start a 3rd when Im done. If you want someone to talk to when you get it, Ill be here :D

More on topic, i dont agree with the too many FF games thing. I agree that it was a mistake to make FFXI an online game.