Are you in favor of more SE game remakes?

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

Hmm... There are many hit titles that can really help SE financially if they would remake it, but, do you really mind if they remake instead of making entirely new games?

Think about Xenogears, Vagrnat Story, Chrono Cross, etc... with 360 or PS3 graphics... not to mention, the salivating FF5-FF9. :P 

Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts
I am, IV was a great example of how to revive an old classic though since they didn't use that much of the DS unique features(dual screen/touch screen) I'm hoping that follow ups like VI will be instead remake for the psp which could give it a new graphic edge.
Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts

I forgot:

Best: Ashley Riot and Sydney Losstarot(Vagrant Story), all the gang from Chrono Trigger, except for Marle.

Worst: Marle xD I'm just not very fond of her.

Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 lightwarrior179
Member since 2006 • 3422 Posts
I would love to see Vagrant Story remade on something like PSP. I am a huge fan of that game and it stands as one of my all-time faves from Square. I think it was quite underrated back then due to it's release being sandwiched between that of Chrono Cross (another deserved candidate for a remake) and FFIX (not a huge fan of this one,sorry. :P ).
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 johngrose77
Member since 2008 • 2978 Posts

Final fantasy 6 would be a awesome remake

I wouldent mind parasite eve either

lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lightwarrior179

Final fantasy 6 would be a awesome remake

I wouldent mind parasite eve either

johngrose77

Agreed! And even Xenogears. Or atleast they could bring Xenogears on PSN in the West. I know it's available for Japan PSN. 

no1gamefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 no1gamefan
Member since 2008 • 989 Posts
FF's V-IX would make great remakes on the PS3 or 360, especially VII. More up-to-date graphics would just make the game even better.
SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts
it would be nice to see some older PS1 games remade for new-gen consoles, like Parasite Eve, Xenogears, and the older FF's. Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger.... idk if i'd want to see them re-made - they were kinda perfect as they were :)
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#9 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
Yes I am in favor of SE remaking older games, I bought FF 4 2 weeks ago for the DS and I love that game.
Unabomber256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Unabomber256
Member since 2005 • 128 Posts
It would definatley be cool to see the update treatment for 7-9. The "tech demo" included with advent children was just a mean mean prank. They should follow through on that. Even if they just remade 7 I would be happy. They should go from prerendered backgrounds to the full 3d treatment, even if it was an "on rails" camera like 10 was. more minigames, an extra super boss or two. Yes, very tasty.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
I'm all for Square Enix remaking some of their classics, but certain games would lost their nostalgic edge if they were to be remade. I mean, a Xenogears or Parasite Eve remake would be awesome because a lot of gamers in the US didn't experience those games the first time around. The Final Fantasy games, on the other hand, were played by a lot of people who would feel as if something was lost in the translation, so to speak (wow, what an unintended language pun...). The only thing that would scare me about remakes of any of the classics would be the temptation they might have to change or update elements of the gameplay that worked perfectly in the first place.
Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#12 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

I know it's been talked a lot, but I actually do want a FFVIII remake for PS3 :o

HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 HushRong
Member since 2008 • 13183 Posts

its tough to say.

if they remake it...all the younger gamers who were too young when those games came out and would have a difficult time picking up a copy could get their hands on legends. (alot of my younger relatives were shocked that Crisis Core came from another FF game...seriously.)

i heard FFVII is on PSN and people have gobbled it up and enjoyed it. i still have the ps1 copy, it is a relic i protect greatly.

an even FFIV was redone onto the ds and i found it enjoyable.

but to make all or alot of them for next-gen with new graphics and everything. it'd be nice but it would lose its classic edge i think. people might get caught up with "how shiny it is" instead of the story or something like that i fear.

its a toss up really but i lean to keeping it original.

Cronaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Cronaroth
Member since 2004 • 3011 Posts
I don't know where I stand on this issue exactly....I do think they should start putting less emphasis on this for sure though and get back to making new classics...
JadeTorchwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#15 JadeTorchwood
Member since 2009 • 874 Posts

Yes I am in favor of SE remaking older games, I bought FF 4 2 weeks ago for the DS and I love that game. D3dr0_0

I agee with you. I beaten the game recently & I loved it.

JadeTorchwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JadeTorchwood
I enjoyed playing the DS remake of FF4, which was my first FF game, and the PSP remake of FFTactics, War of the Lions. The only SE games don't need any more remakes are the first 2 FF games. They should do remakes of FF5-9 since they did that with FF1-4, FFTactics, and the first 2 Star Ocean games.
Furycliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Furycliff
Member since 2007 • 676 Posts

Id like to see more remakes on consoles. I know it costs more money and takes longer.

But I dont think a handheld will do justice to a game like FF6. Having that remade on PS3 would be unreal . . .

Flipyap28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Flipyap28
Member since 2008 • 3865 Posts

and 360 :)

yeah, I wouldnt mind seeing some SE remakes for consoles, I would prefer it if they stopped the remakes to the DS (which I dont actually mind if they continue), put them on PS3/360. It would also be cool if the teams which are put in charge of the other SE titles which... didnt do so well, like TLR and Infinite Undiscovery worked on these instead...and were given more time to finish their games (ty MS for releasing TLR too early).

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fantasy_Gamer
LOL I'm glad I chose to get the PC version of Last Remnant. ;) I knew it would sux in the 360. :P
Anime_Fan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Anime_Fan1986
Member since 2009 • 329 Posts
I would really love to see a FFVII remake on either ps3 or psp.
JadeTorchwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JadeTorchwood

I would really love to see a FFVII remake on either ps3 or psp.Anime_Fan1986

I agree with on that. I never played FF7 before.

Anime_Fan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Anime_Fan1986

[QUOTE="Anime_Fan1986"]I would really love to see a FFVII remake on either ps3 or psp.JadeTorchwood

Does that include Crisis Core and derge of cerberus too? or the original VII? You really gotta play FFVII its definately one of the best in the series if not the best in my oppinion. I'm pretty sure it's available on ps network. I'm hoping after FFXIII they'll decide to remake FFVII it would be really nice to see with full voice cutscenes and up to date graphics.I thik they would consider doing it tho, they may be waiting a little while and finishing other projects. Also they may want to remake FFV and FFVI like III and IV were on the DS 1st. That could be why it hasn't happened yet, maybe i dunno.

JadeTorchwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JadeTorchwood
[QUOTE="JadeTorchwood"]

[QUOTE="Anime_Fan1986"]I would really love to see a FFVII remake on either ps3 or psp.Anime_Fan1986

Does that include Crisis Core and derge of cerberus too? or the original VII? You really gotta play FFVII its definately one of the best in the series if not the best in my oppinion. I'm pretty sure it's available on ps network. I'm hoping after FFXIII they'll decide to remake FFVII it would be really nice to see with full voice cutscenes and up to date graphics.I thik they would consider doing it tho, they may be waiting a little while and finishing other projects. Also they may want to remake FFV and FFVI like III and IV were on the DS 1st. That could be why it hasn't happened yet, maybe i dunno.

I've played both Crisis Core & Dirge of Cerberus before. I already know that FF7 is one of the best in the series, but you're about a FF7 remake with full-voice cutscenes and up-to-date graphics. It would also be great to see them remake FF5 & 6 for the DS or PSP.

Anime_Fan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Anime_Fan1986
I'd really like to see a remake of VI also, tho Ive never played it, i hear its really good. They did a great job with III and IV, I still havent finished IV yet but is great so far. Some people don't like all the re-releasing/remaking the FF games, but i like it because it gave me a chance to start catching up on the series.
Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
I'm totally against, I would like remasterized versions of the games, I mean FFVII with enchanced graphics. period
Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

I'm totally against, I would like remasterized versions of the games, I mean FFVII with enchanced graphics. periodLisandro_v22

though I would consider little alterations that don't compromise the story, but my point is (and what it all comes down) I haven't seen a way to port all the options you had in turn based FFs to an action-rpg, still KH was pretty close and they could find a way

arkadycole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 arkadycole
Member since 2002 • 191 Posts
I'm all about seeing a FFVI remake for the DS like they did with FFIV. Would love to see some voice-acted cut scenes. And, can you imagine how cool the opera scene would be??
Anime_Fan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Anime_Fan1986

I'm all about seeing a FFVI remake for the DS like they did with FFIV. Would love to see some voice-acted cut scenes. And, can you imagine how cool the opera scene would be??arkadycole

is it like the scene in chrono cross?

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fantasy_Gamer
Is there an opera scene in CC? I can't remember that.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

Is there an opera scene in CC? I can't remember that.Fantasy_Gamer

There was some sort of musical thingy on the island where you fight the Black Dragon, but I wouldn't describe it as an opera.

Strathdor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Strathdor
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts
I'm in favor of it as long as they stop making them on the DS because the characters look childish on it.
Avatar image for Solar_Eclipse13
Solar_Eclipse13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Solar_Eclipse13
Member since 2009 • 169 Posts
Totally. more remakes = more games we get to play!
jason231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jason231
Member since 2005 • 82 Posts
LEGEND OF MANA!!! I can't believe nobody has said it yet. I would love to see it remade , or even a Secret of Mana remake would be nice.
Gammet25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gammet25
Member since 2009 • 1064 Posts
it'll be fantastic if they remake some of their game sform the past. I mean there was heaps of great games that were successful in the past and with the graphics and th tweaks who knows how much more popular square enix can get.
marco_gonzalez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 marco_gonzalez
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts
FF6, that will be a very good remake!
nachi_lobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nachi_lobo
Member since 2010 • 268 Posts

Oh Yeah... I'M waiting for Vagrant Story and Bahamut Lagoon... 2 masterpieces

any other like this games???

PhonziWun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PhonziWun
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

For sure, remakes are dope!

Remakes of NES, SNES and old GB games are the way to go, they need little updates even if it's just like what Square Enix did with Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II, makes it so much more awesome to play!!

hards80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hards80
Member since 2005 • 318 Posts
i will second the notions for secret of mana (how bout seiken densetsu 3 since it didnt come to us) and bahamut lagoon
RPGMASTERFF7KH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RPGMASTERFF7KH
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts
i would definitely like to see ff7 remade for ps3 because it's my favourite game.i would also like to see an ffviii remake for ps3 cuz it is another epic rpg.well,ffvi & ix remakes would be very good,too but i wouldn't have a problem if they weren't remade:D
Avatar image for The_Judgemaster
The_Judgemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 The_Judgemaster
Member since 2006 • 142 Posts
I don't really mind. There are a lot of SE games that would only be gien justie if remade in HD.
Mr__Fantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mr__Fantasy
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

they should remake final fantasys 6-9 for the ps3

it would be a nice touch if they put it all in a bundle 

magusat999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#42 magusat999
Member since 2005 • 881 Posts
I'd like to see some remakes of their games - for the CONSOLES, not the DS so much. I would like for them to optimize, update, and in some cases make whole new stories based on the particular game series - not so much just rehash the same old games.
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lightwarrior179

I'd like to see some remakes of their games - for the CONSOLES, not the DS so much. I would like for them to optimize, update, and in some cases make whole new stories based on the particular game series - not so much just rehash the same old games.magusat999

Console production is very costly especially with the CGI and detailed graphics Square Enix loves producing. So remaking an older game would be a very risky prospect unless that game has got a huge fan-following. Which is probably why from all of their games, a FFVII console remake looks the most likely to happen at some point in the future.Â