crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#201 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

Looks matter when buying anything and everything!!!! and I've never had a problem with my lite..

[QUOTE="crushgoil"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fingertrap"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="Andraxal"]I don't honestly know what the craze is over the DS light. The older version works just as well, really it's not a make or break difference. People just have to have the newest technology sometimes, but I honestly believe that it doesn't matter. I like it so far, pretty good game despite harsh biased reviews. Hahahahaha! The next game I'm planning to get is Soul Nomad and the World Eaters, but that's not a SquareEnix game.(PM me if you want to talk about it!)IpodHero176

Same here. I like the old DS, it's more sturdy:)

I hate the DS Lite D-pad and the speakers are too small. The old DS volume is louder.

Yeah.

I love my DS lite.. the old ones were ugly.

I didn't know looks matter in buying a system:lol:

That's what the people with Lites I know said.

But the old DSs don't break down easily:D

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#202 Andraxal
Member since 2006 • 1814 Posts

I don't understand how the old DS looks "ugly" really, it's just your sense of materialism getting to you.

On Topic: So Yuna how far have you gotten in Heroes of Mana I've lost a few times to Junahi. :( It's hard to play when you're on the bus...*Hint*Beware of the ambush when you get to the bridge*Hint*

Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts

Yea, the old DS was ugly - all clunky and dull. The Lite is so much prettier and shinier!

But anyways...I played some FF12 today and beat a few more hunts - Fafnir (this was really tough), Pylraster and Carrot. Then I headed to the Pharos's Subterra to try and beat Ixion and well....hahaha, I was having a really hard time with the subterra. I get disoriented REALLY easily and so I had no idea where I was going (the map's all screwed up and it's really dark). So I got really frustrated and just sick of playing so I shut it off. It wasn't a big deal since I had saved right before going to the subterra and hadn't really done anything important. Oh, I didn't even find Ixion. :|

Other than what I just played today...haven't been playing too much lately. I think I'll play some Pokemon tonight. :D

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Andraxal
Hey when you're in Subterra how do you stop the endless flow of monsters? When I first went down there I got swamped by like 10 toads and ghost horses?
crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#205 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

I don't understand how the old DS looks "ugly" really, it's just your sense of materialism getting to you.

On Topic: So Yuna how far have you gotten in Heroes of Mana I've lost a few times to Junahi. :( It's hard to play when you're on the bus...*Hint*Beware of the ambush when you get to the bridge*Hint*

Andraxal

I haven't managed to get very far yet.. :(

Kenshin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#206 Kenshin18
Member since 2003 • 764 Posts
[QUOTE="Kenshin18"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Andraxal"]

Who has gravity defying hair in the matrix? Did you guys know that the Matrix is heavily based off of, and sometimes copied from Ghost In The Shell movie?

On Topic: I am getting Heroes of Mana today, there is only 5 copies left in town, 3 at Gamecrazy, and another two at the other Gamecrazy. However my mom decided to take a nap so I'll go get them after. Though, I'm being a little noisy just to wake her up. I want those games darnit! I'm even vacuuming, taking the dogs poo out, taken the garbage out, did dishes, I'm not giving up! Hahahahaha!

queen_valentine

I knew that. Just like I knew that Timbaland(the mixer, who was in Justin Timbalake's video Sexyback) used The Legend of Zelda: OoT's Dungeon theme for Omarion's song Ice Box.

Whoa...Didn't know that one.

Yea...I didn't either. Almost makes me wanna go and listen to it. Almost. ;)

lol, same here. Just dont know if it's worth it.

Kenshin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Kenshin18

Andraxal

heh heh, well my brother has both. When they first announced the Lite version, I didnt see the big deal, but then he bought it home. And then, well, I just couldnt help but get interested in the system more.It didnt just look nice, but, thescreen was much brighter, and it looked more comfortable.Before that, PSP looked better, and got my attention despite it's line-up of games. It is kinda materialistic, but, it's hard not to give notice to the Lite now.

Kenshin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Kenshin18

Yea, the old DS was ugly - all clunky and dull. The Lite is so much prettier and shinier!

But anyways...I played some FF12 today and beat a few more hunts - Fafnir (this was really tough), Pylraster and Carrot. Then I headed to the Pharos's Subterra to try and beat Ixion and well....hahaha, I was having a really hard time with the subterra. I get disoriented REALLY easily and so I had no idea where I was going (the map's all screwed up and it's really dark). So I got really frustrated and just sick of playing so I shut it off. It wasn't a big deal since I had saved right before going to the subterra and hadn't really done anything important. Oh, I didn't even find Ixion. :|

Other than what I just played today...haven't been playing too much lately. I think I'll play some Pokemon tonight. :D

queen_valentine

heh, I guess I should've came here first. I asked if you gotten farther in XII in another forum. I can't say I know alot about where you are (I just remember Ixion bein' a summon in FF X). Was the messed up map also messed up in the guide you bought?

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Andraxal
I think the guide doesn't give a map for Subterra, unless it's under one of the marks walkthrough. I have the guide too, and I love it. Worth the money. I fought Carrot when I was of lower levels and man did she serve me up with a side dish of a$$ whoop'n. (Excuse my French.) I really want to fight the Xmark guy or what ever his name is. I haven't made it far enough into Subterra to fight the one mark that requires like 5 boss's in a row, then the one where you fight them all again at once. I also haven't gotten to the Ba'Gammnon fight at the tanker place. :( I always peter out on it before I get to the good stuff. (4-5 hours of not getting something that drops with about 20% chance without a chain can do that! AKA the scale for the Artemis bow/arrow.)
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 queen_valentine

Hey when you're in Subterra how do you stop the endless flow of monsters? When I first went down there I got swamped by like 10 toads and ghost horses? Andraxal

I KNOW!!! It was awful!! The second I got down there I also got bombarded by at least 6 or 7 toads/horses (I don't remember what they're actually called). It was horrible, so I quick took the lift back up, healed at the crystal, went back down and the monsters were gone. *shrugs*

I think the guide doesn't give a map for Subterra, unless it's under one of the marks walkthrough. I have the guide too, and I love it. Worth the money. I fought Carrot when I was of lower levels and man did she serve me up with a side dish of a$$ whoop'n. (Excuse my French.) I really want to fight the Xmark guy or what ever his name is. I haven't made it far enough into Subterra to fight the one mark that requires like 5 boss's in a row, then the one where you fight them all again at once. I also haven't gotten to the Ba'Gammnon fight at the tanker place. :( I always peter out on it before I get to the good stuff. (4-5 hours of not getting something that drops with about 20% chance without a chain can do that! AKA the scale for the Artemis bow/arrow.)Andraxal

No, the guide doesn't give a map for subterra. :( I was kinda bummed 'cause I bought the guide for the sidequests, and it doesn't even say anything about the Subterra. I just fought Carrot last night...not too bad...I was at levels 53/54 though! :P

Ixion, I haven't even been able to find with the Subterra kicking my ass so badly. Does anyone know how many black orbs you're supposed to put on the altar in order to light up the dark rooms? Or if the Subterra even has a map. I almost gave up on finishing up the sidequests in 12, but then I thought about it again, and I don't think so. I will win Subterra!! hahahahaha :|

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 queen_valentine

Hey, I took this from the OST thread and moved it here :D

*sigh* Yeah...It was a risk ordering it in the first place though. They were having a sale on the collectors edition of the game ($30) and the original version was sold out for a while. Whatever though...I'll try to get it some other time.

VI is getting more interesting as I play it. Right now, I'm at a point where I have to play through 3 different scenarios (Locke by himself, Sabin teaming up with Shadow and Cyan, and Terra with the rest). I got Terra out the way and I'm savin' Locke for last. Shadow is more cool than I thought, but, I think I'd rather have his dog on my team. I mean, his dog is ridiculously strong!

How are those extra quests in XII comin' along?

Kenshin18

Anyways...that sucks. It would've been cool to get the collector's edition for $30. I never got the collector's edition, kinda wished I would have now. I am hoping for the international version to get released here in NA. *prays*

Ooh! You're at one of my fav parts in VI!! Isn't that cool? Scenario picking? And isn't Banon annoying? "Don't let Banon die!" God, I hated that guy, lol. Oh! So I bet you saw Ultros too!! He's amazing.

The Shadow/Cyan/Sabin one takes a bit, and there's a bit of a tough part too (well, I thought, especially in the SNES version). But it's cool, I like Cyan a lot.

Shadow's dog is awesome isn't he? He almost always counterattacks too. It's so useful!!

You'll like the Locke scenario. It's definitely my favourite!!

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#212 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

Andraxal

Agreed. I didn't know that looks matter with a game system. If that's the case, I should of gotten a Wii.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 queen_valentine
I do have to agree that it doesn't really matter what the console looks like, but its look is what attracts me to it at first sight.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 IpodHero176

I do have to agree that it doesn't really matter what the console looks like, but its look is what attracts me to it at first sight.queen_valentine

To me,what it can do is what attracts me.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Andraxal
I think there is a map for subterra on one of the hunt pages, for one of the last ones. But yeah, one major thing that I thought was missing was locations for rare monsters, they really should've added it. I found a website off of Gamefaq though that had picture maps showing exactly were they spawned on my old computer. Do you level your characters all together or just three characters? All of my guys are about lv50, I level them all. :)
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 queen_valentine

I think there is a map for subterra on one of the hunt pages, for one of the last ones. But yeah, one major thing that I thought was missing was locations for rare monsters, they really should've added it. I found a website off of Gamefaq though that had picture maps showing exactly were they spawned on my old computer. Do you level your characters all together or just three characters? All of my guys are about lv50, I level them all. :) Andraxal

Hey, I've seen those maps on gamefaqs. I printed one off for the Subterra. I'll look in the guide again though.

I rotate my characters and level them all up. I can't just pick 3, I love them all too much!

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Andraxal
No the map's I'm talking about are from a Japanese site, have you seen them before-know what I'm talking about?
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 queen_valentine

No the map's I'm talking about are from a Japanese site, have you seen them before-know what I'm talking about? Andraxal

No.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Andraxal
Do you use the maps from Asephiroth?
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 queen_valentine

Do you use the maps from Asephiroth? Andraxal

From gamefaqs? Yea, Sephiroth-something.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Andraxal
He posted a link on Gamefaq one day that lead to a Japanese site that had pictures and everything of FFXII rare hunts. Anyway, have you finished them all yet? Where do YOU level up at? It's hard to gain levels now...I've been trying underground near Bisma.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 IpodHero176

He posted a link on Gamefaq one day that lead to a Japanese site that had pictures and everything of FFXII rare hunts. Anyway, have you finished them all yet? Where do YOU level up at? It's hard to gain levels now...I've been trying underground near Bisma. Andraxal

That was a big prob. You don't have time to level up that much.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Andraxal
What do you mean I don't have time to level up that much? I think I'm missing something.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 IpodHero176

What do you mean I don't have time to level up that much? I think I'm missing something. Andraxal

nevermind. Ignore that.

Fingertrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Fingertrap
Member since 2005 • 823 Posts
It was hard to level up in FFXII even with the thing that doubles EXP you get.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 IpodHero176

It was hard to level up in FFXII even with the thing that doubles EXP you get.Fingertrap

Agreed. That's what I was trying to say.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Andraxal
Oh I see. Nah it wasn't too hard for me untill I hit about level 50-60. (I think my guys are somewhere in there) I've hit a rut, and I find it extremely hard to level up now. :( Things that offer good EXP are either way too hard, or there just isn't enough of them.
Kenshin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Kenshin18

Anyways...that sucks. It would've been cool to get the collector's edition for $30. I never got the collector's edition, kinda wished I would have now. I am hoping for the international version to get released here in NA. *prays*

Ooh! You're at one of my fav parts in VI!! Isn't that cool? Scenario picking? And isn't Banon annoying? "Don't let Banon die!" God, I hated that guy, lol. Oh! So I bet you saw Ultros too!! He's amazing.

The Shadow/Cyan/Sabin one takes a bit, and there's a bit of a tough part too (well, I thought, especially in the SNES version). But it's cool, I like Cyan a lot.

Shadow's dog is awesome isn't he? He almost always counterattacks too. It's so useful!!

You'll like the Locke scenario. It's definitely my favourite!!

queen_valentine

Yeah, it would be awesome if the international version made it over. I wanna try out that new job system...Guess we just gotta hope for that one.

I am liking this whole seperate scenario event too :). Especially since I havent come across a character that I dont care about yet, so, every part feels like it'll be cool. lol, I didnt have to worry about Banon though. I just kept him healing while I used Autocrossbow andSabin's Hadoken/Kamehameha/Energy Blast/I don't really remember what it's calledspecial attack (until Sabin got seperated, then just Autocrossbow and Terra's magic). And yeah, Sabin's scenario feels kinda long compared to Terra's, but, I'm not bored of him so it's cool.

Shadow's dog was REAL strong when he came out. I mean, he did over 1,000 damage at one point!

I know I'm gonna like Locke's part. That's why I wanna save him for last :). Have you been able to play Chrono Trigger a bit?

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Andraxal
Oh you've never played Final Fantasy VI before?!
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 queen_valentine

I don't really go anywhere and train. I just kinda go around and beat hunts, lol. I'm at about level 53-54 and I've been able to beat every hunt I've come across, although Fafnir did give me a hard time. So anyways, yea, I don't just go to certain places and level up. I think later on I'm going to try those sidequests in Nabudis. I cleared the whole dungeon but I didn't open those secret doors yet.

Yeah, it would be awesome if the international version made it over. I wanna try out that new job system...Guess we just gotta hope for that one.

I am liking this whole seperate scenario event too :). Especially since I havent come across a character that I dont care about yet, so, every part feels like it'll be cool. lol, I didnt have to worry about Banon though. I just kept him healing while I used Autocrossbow andSabin's Hadoken/Kamehameha/Energy Blast/I don't really remember what it's calledspecial attack (until Sabin got seperated, then just Autocrossbow and Terra's magic). And yeah, Sabin's scenario feels kinda long compared to Terra's, but, I'm not bored of him so it's cool.

Shadow's dog was REAL strong when he came out. I mean, he did over 1,000 damage at one point!

I know I'm gonna like Locke's part. That's why I wanna save him for last :). Have you been able to play Chrono Trigger a bit?

Kenshin18

Yea, that's what I wanna try to - the job systems in international. It just sounds more challenging, you know?

Blitz!! I love Sabin's Blitzes!! They are my favourite! Always so strong. Edgar and Sabin tend to be my favs in battle 'cause of their strength. And yea Shadow's Dog (Interceptor) always does like over 1000 damage - really nice, especially in the early parts of the game. Were you able to finish Sabin's part? Or are you still on it?

I haven't played any Chrono Trigger. *sigh* I'm still doing FFXII and Pokemon. Although yesterday me and one of my friends played Super Mario 3 for a really long time. So much fun!!

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Andraxal
I haven't fought any real powerful avatars yet. :( I went and tried Exodus but he was pathetically weak. Have you seen his ultimate attack Meteor?
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 queen_valentine

I haven't fought any real powerful avatars yet. :( I went and tried Exodus but he was pathetically weak. Have you seen his ultimate attack Meteor? Andraxal

omg, I thought Exodus was so hard! I fought him when I first got to the Mosphoron Highwaste though - on my way to Archades. He kicked my bum many many times :P lol

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Andraxal

How did you set up your characters? I first set them up as

Penelo: The first time I made her a ninja, 2nd shes not my mage

Ashe: The first time I made her my tank, 2nd time she's my White Mage

Vaan: The first time I made him a sort of darkknight, 2nd time he's my Zodiac Spear damage dealer

Basch: The first time I made him a tank, 2nd time too. He's very good as a tank, wanted him a Damage Dealer though.

Balthier: The first time he was my gunner, 2nd time he's my 2nd tank

Fran: The first time she was my 2nd tank, the next she's my ranged black mage with a ninja blade.

Is it me or was Gabranth a push over on the first fight? I don't know HOW he's called the strongest, really. Well I guess it's not fair because he didn't get to use Nethecite. However the 2nd fight was actually hard because my first time through I went there before I was even level45 making him a really hard boss.

Have you seen how many combo hits he does when he gets low on HP? He goes berserk! He once did like an 8 hit combo.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 queen_valentine
Penelo used katanas, ashe & basche both used swords and shields, balthier with guns obviously, fran - also a long ranged attacker with bow and arrow, vaan usually stuck with spears or two-handed swords.

Mmm...I don't remember the first fight with Gabranth. All I remember is loving the last fight with Gabranth.

hahaha, I also don't remember the combos from Exodus!! I just remember him being immune to physical and magical attacks which I thought was MAJOR BS!!!

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Andraxal
Yeah, I totally hate how they have barriers in this game which can block physical or magical-or even both for periods of time. I think its called Paling. I really hate it, there's no way around it either, I especially hate it in the last battle with The Undying.
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 queen_valentine
Yea that is annoying. I wish there would've been a way around it. I always felt dumb just standing around waiting for the barrier to fall.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 IpodHero176

I'm not even there yet:P

Does anyone think Dissidia will sell well?

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Andraxal
Not I. Yeah, I think paling is a good idea, however only in small spurts, at least leave a way to damage it. I like that idea, and it's somewhat creative however, it goes a little over board some times.
Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts

IpodHero176

I do, if i remember correctly there will be some strategies in the fights(regarding the use of abilities and maybe items), I still wonder though, how are they gonna make the limit breaks/trances work?

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

Fenian_lostsoul

I do, if i remember correctly there will be some strategies in the fights(regarding the use of abilities and maybe items), I still wonder though, how are they gonna make the limit breaks/trances work?

Me too.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Andraxal
How do you use strategy in a fighting game? Using abilities and items isn't really strategy to me. I'm so serious they should make a Super Smash Brothers like game only using Final Fantasy characters, it would be hailed as one of THE best games EVER created by SquareEnix. :)
SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#242 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

Fenian_lostsoul

Maybe it will be similar to Radiata Stories, where the battles are real time (as opposed to turn-based) but you collect energy from every hit made, and when the guage fills to 100% you can perform a limit break.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

SymonDezyn

Maybe it will be similar to Radiata Stories, where the battles are real time (as opposed to turn-based) but you collect energy from every hit made, and when the guage fills to 100% you can perform a limit break.

Probably.

Radiata Stories was a good game.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Andraxal
I came close to buying it because it was only $10 at Gamestop. However I read about 4 reviews on Gamefaq, and all of them bashed this game, I picked the highest two, and lowest. :( I heard nothing but bad things about it.
Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts

How do you use strategy in a fighting game? Using abilities and items isn't really strategy to me. I'm so serious they should make a Super Smash Brothers like game only using Final Fantasy characters, it would be hailed as one of THE best games EVER created by SquareEnix. :) Andraxal

I don't remember where, but I saw a Screen of the Warrior of Light fighting Garland(ff1) and there was this menu that looked very familiar.

SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#246 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts
I came close to buying it because it was only $10 at Gamestop. However I read about 4 reviews on Gamefaq, and all of them bashed this game, I picked the highest two, and lowest. :( I heard nothing but bad things about it. Andraxal

Any game is worth a shot for $10 - hehehehe....but seriously, it's a pretty good game. The battle system is not turn based (as I mentioned before) which I can imagine would turn some hardcore RPG'ers off, but the graphics are cute and I love how you have freedom to roam around and how depending on the time of day the characters do and say different things. The story is good but the main challenge is figuring out how to recruit characters; some are easy and some require a lot more effort. Worth a shot, anyway, IMHO :)
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 IpodHero176

I came close to buying it because it was only $10 at Gamestop. However I read about 4 reviews on Gamefaq, and all of them bashed this game, I picked the highest two, and lowest. :( I heard nothing but bad things about it. Andraxal

The funny thing is, you listened to a review on Gamefaqs. It's a light-hearted game.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

Fenian_lostsoul

Maybe after a character takes a certain amount of damage, it triggers a limit break/trance and then all you have to do is punch in a certain button combo and voila! Maximum damage dealt!

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Andraxal
I don't know, wouldn't that unbalance the game? Like if you just took your life down to 1/4th then used your limit break to kill the other guy in one massive combo or move? Wouldn't that be a little too powerful?
Kenshin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Kenshin18

I don't know, wouldn't that unbalance the game? Like if you just took your life down to 1/4th then used your limit break to kill the other guy in one massive combo or move? Wouldn't that be a little too powerful? Andraxal

I think it'll play out more like an Capcom/SNK fighting game desperation movein that case. Odds are, it wont be an instant deathattack (as long as your character has more than 50% health at least), and, the window of opportunity would probably be limited to one chance at pulling it off.