Yankees vs. Redsox

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts
[QUOTE="dru26"][QUOTE="slateman_basic"][QUOTE="rykaziel"][QUOTE="JustAGamer01"][QUOTE="viberooni"]

[QUOTE="dkhw"]I still can't believe the best closer in history screwed that game up...but good for the Red Soxschoolisnotkool

Yeah, Rivera blew it, but do any other Yankee fans out there get seriously pissed off when Torre throws Rivera into the worst possible situations like last night, basically setting him up to fail if he isn't up to his hall of fame caliber? I have faith in the guy but if you're going to bring him in during the 8th, do it when he's got a little room to work with or at the beginning of the inning. So frustrating. Good game Sox fans, we'll get ya back tonight..

I know what u mean torre should thrown fransworth or bruney out there to see if they could get a double play ball.....

Rivera was rushed in. He has a very specific routine he does to get warmed up, and what happened to the "not having Mo come in until the 9th" thing that was going on this spring? Proctor and Farnsworth are on the team for a reason. You had 3 runs to give, no need to rush Mo out there. And Vizcaino is worthless, he needs to stop pitching. IMO, this one is on Torre. Terrible end game management.

Poor him.

The Red Sox own Rivera. He's blown a save against them 12 times in the past 3 or 4 years. The Red Sox have his number. It started in the 2004 ALCS.

Did you miss the Boston Massacre last year, when it was Papelbon losing games with the Red Sox season on the line. Mo looked pretty good there.

Like I said in another post, Papelbon was overworked last year, he was heavily fatigued, if he was healthy he would have gotten the job done for sure.

And the whole team collapsed as well.

No team has had more success against Rivera than the Red Sox. Since 2004, they have owned him. He got a brief relief last year, but things are back to the way they have been since 2004. 

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
[QUOTE="dru26"][QUOTE="slateman_basic"][QUOTE="rykaziel"][QUOTE="JustAGamer01"][QUOTE="viberooni"]

[QUOTE="dkhw"]I still can't believe the best closer in history screwed that game up...but good for the Red Soxschoolisnotkool

Yeah, Rivera blew it, but do any other Yankee fans out there get seriously pissed off when Torre throws Rivera into the worst possible situations like last night, basically setting him up to fail if he isn't up to his hall of fame caliber? I have faith in the guy but if you're going to bring him in during the 8th, do it when he's got a little room to work with or at the beginning of the inning. So frustrating. Good game Sox fans, we'll get ya back tonight..

I know what u mean torre should thrown fransworth or bruney out there to see if they could get a double play ball.....

Rivera was rushed in. He has a very specific routine he does to get warmed up, and what happened to the "not having Mo come in until the 9th" thing that was going on this spring? Proctor and Farnsworth are on the team for a reason. You had 3 runs to give, no need to rush Mo out there. And Vizcaino is worthless, he needs to stop pitching. IMO, this one is on Torre. Terrible end game management.

Poor him.

The Red Sox own Rivera. He's blown a save against them 12 times in the past 3 or 4 years. The Red Sox have his number. It started in the 2004 ALCS.

Did you miss the Boston Massacre last year, when it was Papelbon losing games with the Red Sox season on the line. Mo looked pretty good there.

Like I said in another post, Papelbon was overworked last year, he was heavily fatigued, if he was healthy he would have gotten the job done for sure.

Last year Pap was in 59 games and pitched 68.1 innings. At the same age in 1996 Mo in 61 games pitched 107 innings. In the 06 season Mo was in 64 games and pitched 75 iinnings
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

even tho I am a yankees fan , with the pitchers this weekend yankees will get sweptkingrich06

i do like how you metion that and your a yankee fan congrats

But why did the yankees pull out pettie to early? they would of won that game .

we came coming from behind wins

for the seasion so far

red sox 2- yankees -0

:) lets see what happens next weekend

also  yankees closer is one of the best . though 11 blown saves? - heard it on espn not sure if its true though

still one of the best closer. i dont cosider him the best out of all mlb though.

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts
[QUOTE="schoolisnotkool"][QUOTE="dru26"][QUOTE="slateman_basic"][QUOTE="rykaziel"][QUOTE="JustAGamer01"][QUOTE="viberooni"]

[QUOTE="dkhw"]I still can't believe the best closer in history screwed that game up...but good for the Red Soxdru26

Poor him.

Last year Pap was in 59 games and pitched 68.1 innings. At the same age in 1996 Mo in 61 games pitched 107 innings. In the 06 season Mo was in 64 games and pitched 75 iinnings

what happen last year red sox had some manny injuries and it kept coming after jason got out for so long. it was over for the red sox. they had nothing

doug did his best. but he not used to so manny games each day.

EJSGAME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 EJSGAME
Member since 2004 • 44 Posts

4 Homeruns!

BACK TO BACK TO BACK TO BACK!

AWESOME!

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Wow, Red Sox will actually sweep this. Atleast I don't feel so bad that the Jays suck this season now that the Yankees do too.
ravensfan5252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 ravensfan5252
Member since 2005 • 568 Posts
...and the Red Sox have just officially swept the Yankees for the first time since 1990.   As an Orioles fan, even though the Red Sox are currently on top of the division, I can't stand the Yankees and love to see them swept.
piper77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 piper77
Member since 2003 • 2245 Posts
Let's go sox! Win the division!! Let's do it this year!!
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

i went absolutely crazzzzzzzzyyyyyy watching that game, go sox

Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#60 Robbie_IV
Member since 2003 • 23299 Posts
If this division ends up getting won by a single game, I do not want to hear that April baseball doesn't matter.
slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts
Four in a row baby!!! And Papelbon is a MONSTER!!
dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
It's a little early to be declaring the Red Sox the division champs. Especially considering the Yankees were missing 3 starting pitchers, while the batters hit the Sox pitching like a drum.
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jeebuscrust
Member since 2004 • 5571 Posts

It's a little early to be declaring the Red Sox the division champs. Especially considering the Yankees were missing 3 starting pitchers, while the batters hit the Sox pitching like a drum. dru26

And so were the Red Sox last year, the Yankees are running into the same problems they did last year. 

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#64 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

[QUOTE="dru26"]It's a little early to be declaring the Red Sox the division champs. Especially considering the Yankees were missing 3 starting pitchers, while the batters hit the Sox pitching like a drum. jeebuscrust

And so were the Red Sox last year, the Yankees are running into the same problems they did last year.

Good, last year we made the playoffs. 

legend133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 legend133
Member since 2003 • 548 Posts

ok the yanks got swept, and now have lost 4 in row and boston is in first place.  this is a long long season and we're getting wanger and moose back soon.  and yes i hate the red sox (however i do respect them).  i don't know about the rest of you but i can't wait for 16 more games of baseball amageddon :)

go yanks :P