wwe wrestler chris benoit and family found dead in there home...

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts

no word on what happened but this is really sad. a few years ago we lost latino heat eddie guerro(sp). now chris. this is not some fake stunt bs like the mcmahon thing this is real.

http://www.wwe.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Benoit

http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wwenews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1182809774&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

another sad tragedy in the wrestling business. seems like every year now someone that is currently wrestling is tragically found dead.

VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts

Yeah, I just read the news. The fact that he had a family situation to deal with over the weekend was bad enough, then to find out he and his family were found dead...it just makes me friggin' sick inside.

All hail Chris Benoit, perhaps the greatest technical wrestler EVER. RIP.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
i heard his wife and son where sick. i think possible fould play but i dont wanna get into it.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
dead? how?
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21711 Posts
I can't believe it; he was one of my favorite wrestlers when I used to watch wwf. I'm definitely going to watch RAW tonight to honor both him and his family.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

Was he killed by an angry opponent!? :o

Anyway,since I don't watch WWE and know nothing about him I really can't say much. It's always tragic when something like this happens though.

Avatar image for greeneyedmonsta
greeneyedmonsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 greeneyedmonsta
Member since 2003 • 731 Posts
r.i.p to chris, nancy and daniel benoit. this is really tragic news.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

UssjTrunks

You're hilarious.

Before this thread turns to stupidity like the OT Benoit thread did -- this is 100% REAL. This is NOT a storyline.

Viper_GTS-R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Viper_GTS-R
Member since 2004 • 4454 Posts
[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]

JML897

You're hilarious.

Before this thread turns to stupidity like the OT Benoit thread did -- this is 100% REAL. This is NOT a storyline.

Sadly it is not a storyline :cry:
KiLLer_ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 KiLLer_ba
Member since 2002 • 5759 Posts
Man, this is heart breaking. I've been a fan of benoit since the early ecw days, it's going to be hard watching wrestling without him. RIP Chris Benoit.
-Dionysus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Dionysus-
Member since 2006 • 1276 Posts
I don't watch wrestling anymore, but I remember back when he was one of the four hourseman. It's sad he went so early.
danjam2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 danjam2007
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts
rip benoit...one of the best to ever come out of CANADA
KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 KoFoNiO
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
RIP Chris... I dont watch wrestling anymore but when I used to I had a lot of respect for Chris even though he wasn't one of my favorite wrestlers. I cant believe that Eddie Guerrero and now Chris Benoit are dead.. RIP Chris.
Avatar image for greeneyedmonsta
greeneyedmonsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 greeneyedmonsta
Member since 2003 • 731 Posts
ive been reading news reports and it looks like police are investigating this as a homocide. they wont say how they where found but they where not shot.
AmazoLK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#15 AmazoLK
Member since 2005 • 129 Posts

First Eddie Guererro, now Benoit. Who next, Dean Malenko?

RIP Chris Benoit - Canadian Boy.

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts

UssjTrunks

I just fell out of the chair from that joke. :|

Almost has bad as somebody thinking Bret Hart died, instead of Owen.

uchia123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 uchia123
Member since 2006 • 226 Posts
Chris and his family will be missed.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
Its hard to believe. I am afraid to think that Chris himself could be responsible. It is just odd that he wasnt at the ppv yesterday because of a "family situation".
sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts

Its hard to believe. I am afraid to think that Chris himself could be responsible. It is just odd that he wasnt at the ppv yesterday because of a "family situation".Dilrod

that's what i thought too when i heard that he backed out of his pay per view appearance just the night before. The fact that his wife, and a CHILD was involved sadly had me believe that this had murder - suicide written all over it. But according to espn.com and a previous post, police are investigating it as a homicide. One thing i know is that generally suicide are pretty self explanatory and the fact that police aren't leaning towards that in anyway makes this situation that much more creepy.

Avatar image for Powerhitter0418
Powerhitter0418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Powerhitter0418
Member since 2006 • 1950 Posts

Its hard to believe. I am afraid to think that Chris himself could be responsible. It is just odd that he wasnt at the ppv yesterday because of a "family situation".Dilrod

Hmm, that is pretty odd. I hope that he didn't have anything to do with it. He was my favorite wrestler when I used to watch WWE.

Big_O2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Big_O2006
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts
Truly one of the best ever, the wrestling technique that he brought to the ring......Truly a legend in my book.
jayz96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jayz96
Member since 2004 • 231 Posts
i'm not gonna lie i wasn't the biggest fan of benoit but i respected him. he was a great athlete and from what people say he was a great person. so R.I.P. benoit on da real he will be missed
acviper123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#23 acviper123
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts
My condolences to the fans, and extended familly.
master_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 master_49
Member since 2003 • 307 Posts

"The Crippler" was ONE OF THE BEST technical wresters in all of WWE, and one of the most entertaining to watch. RIP my friend, RIP. :(

schox5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 schox5
Member since 2005 • 971 Posts
One of the greatest wrestlers of all time. RIP Chris.
GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
Horrible News. He was one of my favorite wrestlers growing up.. You will be missed Chris Benoit.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dilrod

UPDATE: Investigators are now calling it a murder-suicide. :(

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070626/ap_on_re_us/wrestler_dead

By DEBBIE NEWBY, Associated Press Writer 11 minutes ago

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts
That's terrible and all, but people die every day. Why do people care more just because he was famous?
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dilrod
When someone famous dies it just seems different. Especially atheletes that perform FOR people. These guys give it their all just to please you and entertain you. When a pro sports star dies its different than say a movie star. Movie stars are behind cameras.. these guys are in front of the camera so to speak because you can watch them play out their lives in front of you. Some people feel a kinship to that type of life.
KiLLer_ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 KiLLer_ba
Member since 2002 • 5759 Posts

UPDATE: Investigators are now calling it a murder-suicide. :(

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070626/ap_on_re_us/wrestler_dead

By DEBBIE NEWBY, Associated Press Writer 11 minutes ago

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.

Dilrod

That stink they're calling it a murder suicide. Benoit doesn't sound like he would do that to his own familly.

T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 T-Zone
Member since 2003 • 4525 Posts

That's terrible and all, but people die every day. Why do people care more just because he was famous?briguyb13
I actually piad to see him in action among other superstars Jan 22 this year, he truly is a great wrestler.

I will miss him, alongside Eddie Guerrero...

I hope Rey Mysterio isn't next, I don't wanna even think about it.

R.I.P. Rabid Wolverine.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 UT_Wrestler

From what I know, he was a really good person off camera, not the type who would do something like that. But you never really know what lurks deep within someone's psyche.

schox5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33 schox5
Member since 2005 • 971 Posts
I reallllly hope he did not kill his wife and son. I would have no respect for him
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 UT_Wrestler
Maybe he caught his wife cheating on him and went into a jealous rage.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

I really hope Chris did not kill his family...

Tell me it isn't true :cry:

psychic_zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 psychic_zebra
Member since 2005 • 719 Posts
It's really unbelievable that he would do it. I really hope it's not true. He seemed like one of those really nice guys like Eddie Guerrero, but I guess you never know...:(
Throughglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Throughglass
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Everyone is quick to point to Benoit being the killed, but my thought is more that he came home to find Nancy and Daniel dead, then killed himself. Either way, this is one of the greatest losses in wrestling, no in sports history, it's insane, easily one of the best ever, and he dies befoer he was to win the ECW title....which is scary, because Eddie, another member of the Radicalz, died before he was supposed to win the title as well, Rest In Peace Chris Benoit, we all miss you:cry:
CSI24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CSI24
Member since 2003 • 2049 Posts
I'm upset myself and if it is true that Benoit killed his family then it would really change my view on him. I hope it's not true but with all these reports saying that he missed Saturday's House Show and then the Pay Per View on Sunday it really does seem like he killed his family and then killed himself. The front page report on wwe.com really has me thinking about what I just said too
cj2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cj2121
Member since 2004 • 341 Posts
This is very upsetting news. I hope very much they finish off that ridiculous mcmahon "death" angle after this tragedy. It was interesting Idea but they ruined it by making a tribute show that resembled the deaths of Eddie and Owen. R.I.P Chris Benoit, Daniel, and Nancy.
psychic_zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 psychic_zebra
Member since 2005 • 719 Posts
I'm guessing the McMahon angle is pretty much finished after today's RAW. Vince would be the last guy to break kayfabe (contradict wrestling storyline to real life) unless it was something really serious and it is very, very serious.
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 T-Zone

I will be very upset if this is in anyway fake...But at the same time, glad if Benoit is actually not dead.

Becuase the current Vince storyline has some other well known pesonality (kayfabe) dead alongside Vince.

Update : From Wiki: "The same day Detective Bo Turner of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told television station WAGA-TV that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, and the station reported that investigators believe that Benoit murdered his wife and son over the weekend and commited suicide sometime on Monday."

I doubt Benoit killed his wife and son, he don't look the kind of guy to do that.

-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
If he did actually kill his wife and son, I give the man no respect at all for his career. Disgusting if he had to kill his wife and son before he took his own life.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
I'm shocked...
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

If Chris killed his wife and child then he's a coward and a selfish, disgusting animal.

I don't care what his mental state was - NOTHING justifies murdering your own family. NOTHING.

Let's hope that was not the case, because if it is the case, the only way I will remember Chris Benoit is as a double-murderer - ala O.J. Simpson.
kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts
Police is reporting that their investigation has led them to believe that this was a double murder-suicide...and my stupid brother is believing that it was a drug deal gone bad and that some bad guy is making it look like Chris was the bad guy. Please rip my brother a new one and let him know whats up. Chris is/was a killer of his own blood.
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 T-Zone
Then lets hope that this isn't the case.
Pelicans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pelicans
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts
I was devastated when i heard this news. He was my favorite wrestler. I wont be the same.
Avatar image for Powerhitter0418
Powerhitter0418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Powerhitter0418
Member since 2006 • 1950 Posts

I'm upset myself and if it is true that Benoit killed his family then it would really change my view on him. I hope it's not true but with all these reports saying that he missed Saturday's House Show and then the Pay Per View on Sunday it really does seem like he killed his family and then killed himself. The front page report on wwe.com really has me thinking about what I just said tooCSI24

I read on SI.com that they think his family was killed in the weekend somewhere and he killed himself on Monday or Sunday night. I'm not going to put the picture together because it would be too gruesome. I think that if this is true everyone can figuire it out.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

McMahon did speak out from his fake death storyline and I thought he was a bit unprofessional in the way he described what hashappened...

Benoit was one of the greatest technical wrestlers ever. He was a very skilled wrestler in the ring. The Raw TV show played his best matches as a tribute to his memory last night.

Everyone here is too quick to call him a killer when there isn't enough information to confirm that. We will have to wait and see what the autopsy reports reveal. It'sterrible to learn that his family, especially his 7 year old son, were killed.

Avatar image for SephirothsAngel
SephirothsAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SephirothsAngel
Member since 2004 • 2679 Posts

Im guessing drugs were involved in it, theres been an official report stating a double murder-suicide now, so it pretty much certain what happened.

I can't believe Chris would do that, i wonder what his motive was?