Why the NBA is in Trouble

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deuce4eva
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

Besides the refs rigging the NBA and flopping, these superteams is getting out of hand. Lebron took the easy route it's not the same his legacy and championship is tainted. He wasn't good enough to win it by himself even making promises that he will win a championship for Cleveland so he took the easy route and join Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. Lebron James will never lead a team to a championship. You would never see Micheal Jordan say oh hey i should play with Magic and Larry because i want to win championships just takes the competiton away. Lebron believed in the notion of you if you can't beat em join em and it is simply ruining the NBA.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Knicks stink more than your moms vag.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Cry more. Your tears are like the finest beer in the world.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

LeBron-James-to-win-his-third-NBA-MVP-tr.

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
Cry more. Your tears are like the finest beer in the world.TheWalkingGhost
They are pretty delicious. And I'm still thirsty.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Stern finally got his championship.

Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts

Heat won cause they dominated the paint and 3pt range.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50634 Posts

God, shut up. Just go away now, please. Heat won and they did so by a large margin. Get over it.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

Knicks stink more than your moms vag.

Thefatness16
:lol: LMFAO
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Lmao Douche4Eva set off Lebron and the Heat. Seriously whoever said that about how they go off after this idiot talks sh!t about them was spot on
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deuce4eva

:lol: Thanks for the laughs.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheWalkingGhost

deuce4eva
No, Thank you.
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deuce4eva

[QUOTE="deuce4eva"]

TheWalkingGhost

No, Thank you.

Dont be generous i want you to troll me. I embrace it lol.

0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

I honestly thought OKC would take this series. I've had doubts about Miami because Lebron and Wade never seemed to show up when they needed to. Bottom line is that the Heat demolished all of my doubt. They DOMINATED OKC. They won because they are the best.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

welp...lebron james desereved the mvp afterall..

i knew he was the best player but damn...he embarrassed OKC. made westbrook look like an idiot...gimped harden...and shut the lights off in durant.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
What? This can't go in the NBA thread? Where are the mods?
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

God, shut up. Just go away now, please. Heat won and they did so by a large margin. Get over it.

Chutebox

Seriously! Got to love all the haters and how they are coming out saying it's rigged now... Hahaha! Sure... Whatever lets you sleep better at night I guess.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#19 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

welp...lebron james desereved the mvp afterall..

i knew he was the best player but damn...he embarrassed OKC. made westbrook look like an idiot...gimped harden...and shut the lights off in durant.

KBFloYd

+1

Way to show respect where it is due. You are a gentleman and a scholar!

JBL_Fan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JBL_Fan7
Member since 2011 • 477 Posts

"Rigging the series"? Give me a break.

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
It's people like you how we can't just enjoy a victory without all the means to justify it coming up. If the Thunder had won, you would be satisfied and say good job. Since the Heat won, you look for any means to degrade it.
Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts
3 point shooting is why the heat one, i cant believe how well they shot from behind the line, incredible. the thunder really are quite young tho, and that was made very apparent. but no worries okc fans, the thunder will dominate the west for a while
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
[QUOTE="GamingVengeance"]3 point shooting is why the heat one, i cant believe how well they shot from behind the line, incredible. the thunder really are quite young tho, and that was made very apparent. but no worries okc fans, the thunder will dominate the west for a while

salary cap issues looming. If they don't win or at least show up next year, expect changes.
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts

The heading should be 'Why the NBA is in Trouble'. With the NBA allowing Star players to form All Star teams the league will basically have 5 Great teams... and the rest will blow. The fallout will be fans not caring and not supporting their NBA team anymore. You can't argue Lebron not being the best player anymore and now he's got his ring.... but everyone I talk to is not impressed and have lost interest in the NBA with the Star players joining forces. It's not natural or good for the sport. If he did this with the Cavs he's a legend... but with the Heat it's really a who gives a crap Championship. It's hollow... and it makes the NBA feel like a phony league how star players can join forces now.

The NFL and even the NHL to a degree are doing well with fans because there is total PARITY in the leagues... and year to year every team can compete. What the NBA is allowing with the All Star FA's joining up(or players like Melo forcing a trade to where he wants to go) is a recipe for disaster for the NBA. There's already too many teams struggling financially and it's going to get worse without parity in the league.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DroidPhysX

The heading should be 'Why the NBA is in Trouble'. With the NBA allowing Star players to form All Star teams the league will basically have 5 Great teams... and the rest will blow. The fallout will be fans not caring and not supporting their NBA team anymore. You can't argue Lebron not being the best player anymore and now he's got his ring.... but everyone I talk to is not impressed and have lost interest in the NBA with the Star players joining forces. It's not natural or good for the sport. If he did this with the Cavs he's a legend... but with the Heat it's really a who gives a crap Championship. It's hollow... and it makes the NBA feel like a phony league how star players can join forces now.

The NFL and even the NHL to a degree are doing well with fans because there is total PARITY in the leagues... and year to year every team can compete. What the NBA is allowing with the All Star FA's joining up(or players like Melo forcing a trade to where he wants to go) is a recipe for disaster for the NBA. There's already too many teams struggling financially and it's going to get worse without parity in the league.

ohjtbehaaave

So Jordans championships are hollow? I mean afterall, he played with Pippen, Grant and Kerr.

Are Magic's championships crap? He played with Worthy and Kareem.

Who the hell wants to play with Antwan Jameson and Mo williams?

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheWalkingGhost

[QUOTE="ohjtbehaaave"]

DroidPhysX

So Jordans championships are hollow? I mean afterall, he played with Pippen, Grant and Kerr.

Jordan stayed with one team for all 6 and Pippen and Grant were obtained by the Bulls via the draft. Magic won his all with LA and was drafted after Kareem was traded there, and Worthy was drafted by LA. A little different than Lebron,Wade and Bosh teaming up.
AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#28 AussieePet
Member since 2010 • 11424 Posts
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="ohjtbehaaave"]

TheWalkingGhost

Jordan stayed with one team for all 6 and Pippen and Grant were obtained by the Bulls via the draft. Magic won his all with LA and was drafted after Kareem was traded there, and Worthy was drafted by LA. A little different than Lebron,Wade and Bosh teaming up.

Who cares? they still had HOF'ers on their teams . Kevin , Ray,Rondo and Pierce, Shaq and Kobe, Kobe and Gasol, Whats your point they all made trades to win the goal .
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts
[QUOTE="GamingVengeance"]3 point shooting is why the heat one, i cant believe how well they shot from behind the line, incredible.

Did they beat the previous finals record for 3 point shooting?
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="ohjtbehaaave"]

TheWalkingGhost

That's the point. Lebron had an incompetent owner who supplied him with Larry Hughes, Anderson Varejo, etc. How many HOFs did Lebron play with in Cleveland? How many did Magic and Jordan play with?
Avatar image for Xenogears_Rocks
Xenogears_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 Xenogears_Rocks
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

JBL_Fan7
Really? Did you see the missed call at the end of game 2 plus the thunder any time they were near a guy would get a foul. But Lebron and the heat shove push and take 4 steps with the ball it's amazing! Then game 3 and 4 OKC also got an unfair whistle. Honestly the Heat won 1 game and that was 5. Don't tell me the NBA isn't rigged. They got caught doing it a couple years ago and if you watch those replays with the games todays they sure look a lot a like
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jagged3dge
[QUOTE="JBL_Fan7"]

Xenogears_Rocks
Really? Did you see the missed call at the end of game 2 plus the thunder any time they were near a guy would get a foul. But Lebron and the heat shove push and take 4 steps with the ball it's amazing! Then game 3 and 4 OKC also got an unfair whistle. Honestly the Heat won 1 game and that was 5. Don't tell me the NBA isn't rigged. They got caught doing it a couple years ago and if you watch those replays with the games todays they sure look a lot a like

You're right man. No way the Heat just went out and played better than the Thunder. Mus be illuminati.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="JBL_Fan7"]

Xenogears_Rocks

Rigging the series for the Heat is the dumbest financial move for the NBA.
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bobcheeseball
[QUOTE="JBL_Fan7"]

Xenogears_Rocks

I wish you would think before posting. If it was rigged tell me why the fvck the NBA ended it in 5 games. More games=More $$$.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheWalkingGhost
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

DroidPhysX

That's the point. Lebron had an incompetent owner who supplied him with Larry Hughes, Anderson Varejo, etc. How many HOFs did Lebron play with in Cleveland? How many did Magic and Jordan play with?

It is common knowledge the Cavs owner is an idiot, nobody could have dominated with that team. The point is you are comparing teams that were built via free agency with multiple superstars to teams built mostly via the draft with role players. Kareem, Magic and Michael were not role players.....But Worthy, Pippen, Grant and Kerr were. Kerr being the only one not obtained via the draft. I think you would have a better point comparing the 2008 Celtics to this team as they were built the same. Heck, the Rockets were built the same at one point but failed to win anything. Remember when Barkley and Pippen joined up? I don't remember any complaining there.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheWalkingGhost
[QUOTE="JBL_Fan7"]

Xenogears_Rocks

Need some aspirin for your butthurt? The NBA has plenty of bad calls, but they have hurt both teams, if the NBA wanted to rig the series it would make more sense to extend it to game 7 instead of a blowout in 5.
0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

It wasn't rigged. Look at the way Miami's role players showed up. i cringed evertime Mario drove to the basket because he attacked it with a vengeance. They outplayed the Thunder hands down. Even if there was a conspiracy invovled you can't deny that the Heat flat out bull dozed OKC. If the Thunder had been playing basketball the way they know how to play it they would've won.

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

DroidPhysX

Not exactly. Larry Hughes had a solid two-years before coming to Cleveland. It was expected that if he were to play with LeBron that he would have fit the second-option very well. He just didn't continue to improve and regressed once he got paid. Then began the process where they tried to make him a PG, but he just failed while LeBron continued to get better. Maybe it was the coach's fault, but I saw LeBron make everyone else better on the team all the years, so I'm not really willing to believe that.
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ohjtbehaaave
There is a HUGE difference between a team like Jordan's finally putting it all together to win... compared to leaving a team to form an all star team like the Heat did. It just makes the sport a joke and fans have lost interest in the NBA in droves. Like I said before the NFL is so good because of parity. People just won't care or watch the NBA when only 5 teams are good in the league. So when the Heat win it's really a who gives a crap type Championship. Same with a team like the Yankees who buy an all star for every position basically. The only time MLB or the NBA gets interesting is if there's an underdog making a run at a Championship. Sorry... but nobody cares when teams like the Yankees or Heat win anything because they did it exploiting the system. A sport is only good when the playing field is level. Lebron is a great player.... but he'll always be a chump for having to form a super group to get his ring. I watched maybe 5 minutes of the Finals combined. I've totally lost interest in the NBA.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts

There is a HUGE difference between a team like Jordan's finally putting it all together to win... compared to leaving a team to form an all star team like the Heat did. It just makes the sport a joke and fans have lost interest in the NBA in droves. Like I said before the NFL is so good because of parity. People just won't care or watch the NBA when only 5 teams are good in the league. So when the Heat win it's really a who gives a crap type Championship. Same with a team like the Yankees who buy an all star for every position basically. The only time MLB or the NBA gets interesting is if there's an underdog making a run at a Championship. Sorry... but nobody cares when teams like the Yankees or Heat win anything because they did it exploiting the system. A sport is only good when the playing field is level. Lebron is a great player.... but he'll always be a chump for having to form a super group to get his ring. I watched maybe 5 minutes of the Finals combined. I've totally lost interest in the NBA.ohjtbehaaave
Good luck finding a group here that will agree with anything you said above. This is why you don't even have to be a fan of a NFL team to enjoy the great competition it has.

It has some wondering if the NBA will draw as much attention next year. People will always tune in to see the Heat win or lose because of the hype they can generate each year, but it's possible more people were just interested in seeing if LeBron would ever win a ring. Now that he has, the hype for the team could be lessened a bit, unless LeBron is going for his 6th/7th ring to match-up with Jordan. It'll be interesting to see.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ohjtbehaaave

It's people like you how we can't just enjoy a victory without all the means to justify it coming up. If the Thunder had won, you would be satisfied and say good job. Since the Heat won, you look for any means to degrade it.juden41
First of all I could care less who won the Championship. But if the Thunder won... they did it the right way. Through drafting talent, trades and adding a decent bench player or two in FA. How teams should be built. When do you ever see the ability for All Stars like Lebron(best player in NBA) and C.Bosh to join forces with another All Star? It's laughable really.

I mean if you're a Heat fan I can understand not caring how the team wins.... but overall my point is it's bad for the NBA and will probably eventually kill the league. Without parity and rules in place to ensure parity, the NBA is in trouble. All these players looking to form these 'Big 3" type All Star teams will be the reason the NBA becomes irrelevant. Because 80% of the rest of the teams will stink... the fans won't care... or show up for games... meaning more bankrupt teams... meaning no more NBA.

Once again... the NFL is so popular because of parity and every team can compete from year to year. Who's going to compete with the Heat in the East the next few years? Makes next season and the next and next pretty much a who cares season really. It's already a no brainer the Heat are in the Finals going forward... and that's not good for any sport when you know that going in.

deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deuce4eva

Besides the refs rigging the NBA and flopping, these superteams is getting out of hand. Lebron took the easy route it's not the same his legacy and championship is tainted. He wasn't good enough to win it by himself even making promises that he will win a championship for Cleveland so he took the easy route and join Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. Lebron James will never lead a team to a championship. You would never see Micheal Jordan say oh hey i should play with Magic and Larry because i just want to win championship and i don't have to beat them simply just takes the competiton away. Lebron believed in the notion of you if you can't beat em join em and it is simply ruining the NBA.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bobcheeseball

Besides the refs rigging the NBA and flopping, these superteams is getting out of hand. Lebron took the easy route it's not the same his legacy and championship is tainted. He wasn't good enough to win it by himself even making promises that he will win a championship for Cleveland so he took the easy route and join Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. Lebron James will never lead a team to a championship. You would never see Micheal Jordan say oh hey i should play with Magic and Larry because i just want to win championship and i don't have to beat them simply just takes the competiton away. Lebron believed in the notion of you if you can't beat em join em and it is simply ruining the NBA.

deuce4eva
:lol:
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 X360PS3AMD05
I pretty much agree with ohjt, only because the Thunder drew me in in the Lakers series (well more like Durant and Westbrook) but they make some boneheaded plays at times! They should have pushed it to 6 or 7. Otherwise it was "oh wow the Heat are winning it all, who woulda thunk it?" :roll: Man oh man, you need less timeouts in the NBA! The 4th quarter seems to take a whole hour...freakin ridiculous with all the commercials. Now the Lebron hate will dial down and i'd expect interest to drop as well. Where is the rest of the team? It's just "the big 3" woohoo, the hired guns, a championship should be a team accomplishment. In football the QB is the most important thing, baseball seems to be more a team game than both of them to me. The ultimate has to be hockey because everybody on the bench plays, you have 4th line going up against 1st line, with a salary cap! Sure a hot goaltender matters but there are quite a bit of them around the league. Let's not even get into the NBA refs!
Don't forget D Rose! If he was there who knows if the Heat win it all.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
But... lebron did just lead his team to the title. He played outstanding in fact and outpaced a lot of the greats from the past in overall production. D-Wade and Bosh were a big part of it but Lebron did what he was supposed to do in the finals. I was hoping the Thunder would win, but there is always next year. The Heat are beatable for sure, but they make it damn hard when Lebron plays like he did, and stays away from perimeter shots. I still give the old schoolers more props for sticking it out, but it is what it is.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jagged3dge
^ The Heat didn't win by using only the big 3 :roll: The role players had to step up. And an inferior Heat team did beat the Bulls in 5 last year, don't know why people are acting as if Rose would be able to beat the Heat. And let's keep in mind that they would of went up against Boston before us. But let's act like they were the best team in the league. :lol:
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jagged3dge
Mad that Melo came to NY to form a "super team" and they still finished 7th in the eastern conference? :lol:
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 X360PS3AMD05
Now this http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-hoping-to-generate-more-revenue-with-world-cup-of-basketball-proposal.html;_ylt=AuOXfili7G1_jTvj9Jb_8PRa7Ox_;_ylu=X3oDMTUwcGlvdXM3BGNjb2RlA2N0LmMEbWl0A0FSVElDTEUgTW9zdCBQb3B1bGFyBHBrZwM2MjNiOTg2MC1lODk5LTM5ZDctOWI0My1jZmJmM2NhZGI5MzEEcG9zAzYEc2VjA01lZGlhQkxpc3RNaXhlZE1vc3RQb3B1bGFyQ0FUZW1wBHZlcgM5YTI2MmJkMS1iZGEyLTExZTEtYmE3Ny0zNDViMjc4NTgwYTE-;_ylg=X3oDMTJtcjhjcjdwBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDNzQzMGYyNjUtMWFhMy0zNzk2LTg3NTItMTZjMTE5MzkxODk4BHBzdGNhdANtbGIEcHQDc3RvcnlwYWdl;_ylv=3
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

Besides the refs rigging the NBA and flopping, these superteams is getting out of hand. Lebron took the easy route it's not the same his legacy and championship is tainted. He wasn't good enough to win it by himself even making promises that he will win a championship for Cleveland so he took the easy route and join Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. Lebron James will never lead a team to a championship. You would never see Micheal Jordan say oh hey i should play with Magic and Larry because i want to win championships just takes the competiton away. Lebron believed in the notion of you if you can't beat em join em and it is simply ruining the NBA.

deuce4eva

Give me a break. Lebron took the easy out ? Lets see...An owner who flat out refuses to bring in another elite player, gives Lebron Mo Williams and Larry Hughes as his next best players and tells him to win a title with them. What a joke. Nobody could win a ring with that team. Did I mention the fail draft busts ?

Jordan had Pippen. Magic had James Worthy and Kareem. Bird had Mchale, Parish and Dennis johnson. All those Celtics teams in the 60's were stacked as hell too. Lebron never had another superstar player on his team outside of a very old past his prime Shaq. Stupid Cleveland wouldn't trade JJ Hickson and draft picks for Amare because they thought JJ Hickson was going to be a superstar and right now he is no longer on the Cavs team anymore.

I'm happy Lebron won one because of people like you.

And one last thing. At least he didn't held his team hostage unlike Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and Carmelo.

Really? Did you see the missed call at the end of game 2 plus the thunder any time they were near a guy would get a foul. But Lebron and the heat shove push and take 4 steps with the ball it's amazing! Then game 3 and 4 OKC also got an unfair whistle. Honestly the Heat won 1 game and that was 5. Don't tell me the NBA isn't rigged. They got caught doing it a couple years ago and if you watch those replays with the games todays they sure look a lot a likeXenogegars_Rocks
Did you see the call when Durant should have been called for a charge instead of giving Battier a blocking foul that would have fouled out Durant in Game 2 ? Oh wait.

Also if the NBA was rigged in the series they would have not allowed the Heat to win because people watch to see Lebron fail more than anything. Now that Lebron won one the ratings will probably decrease.