What are your favorite moments in wrestling history?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I use to be a pretty big wrestling fan back in the day and I can't help look back at the past because it was so fun to watch then. I can't get into today's wrestling but anyways what are your favorite moments in wrestling history? here's mine.

• The start of the nWo in 96 I still have a vivid memory of watching Scott Hall show up on WCW nitro for the first it was one of the biggest jaw dropping moments.
  • Watching ECW for the for the first time and seeing RVD and Sabu as a tag team it was amazing seeing their move set for the first time I never seen wrestling like that I was use to WCW and WWF style at the time so it blew me away when they started using chairs and tables.
  • Austin 3:16 promo at KOTR nothing like it at the time
  • When the New Age Outlaws pushed Foley and Funk off the Raw stage
  • Tyson and Austin on RAW
  • WWF from October 2000 to April of 2001 in 1999 I took a break from wrestling I started watching again back in the fall of 2000 and really got into again goofy heel Kurt Angle was hilarious I love his backstage segments with him and Edge&Christian this time in wrestling I miss so much WWF at the time was on fire. When WCW went out of business and the invasion angle hit for me it was the start of the wrestling downfall stopped watching around 2006.
robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

DX going to nitro back in the 90's.

Stone cold filling vince's car with cement.

WWE buying wcw still remember watching the last nitro uncertain about what happens.

Jetsfan122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Jetsfan122
Member since 2011 • 124 Posts

I haven’t watched wrestling in years. In my youth though , I loved it . My favorite moments would have to be Andre the Giant challenging Hulk Hogan to a match at Wrestlemania and the moment they “met” at the Royal Rumble just prior . I also loved Pipers Pit and how he treated his guests . Loved the NWO and Degeneration X . The Undertaker was cool when first introduced .

Loved how the Hart Foundation stole the belts from the Briitish Bulldogs thanks to Danny Davis ( I think that was the refs name). There are many more fond memories but that’s all I can think of at the moment.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58966 Posts

When Kane was revealed.

Loading Video...

THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE!!!!!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Still remember when hogan turned and joined nwo at the time that was a huge moment.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

The AWA/WCCW unification match with Kerry Von Erich and Jerry Lawler. The match almost failed to materialize moments before they both came to the ring.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#7 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

Watching Seth Rollins cash in Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania. Used to watch him wrestle in front of a couple hundred people in community gyms in ROH and it was so cool to see him win the WWE title at Wrestlemania.

sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sith_acolyte15
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Most everything involving Sting and the nWo up until his match against Hollywood Hogan actually started.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

When Rey Mysterio won the Royal Rumble in 2006. I was 11 years old and he was my favorite wrestler. Damn, that was fun to watch.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Ya mean Stone Cold and Booker T supermarket brawl?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@warmblur: watched wrestling since the Monday night wars time.

However my favourite moments was actaully watching TNA back In 2013.

There was a great fued for the tag team titles between The Hardyz, The Dudleyz and The Wolves they had a trio of matches.

Ladder match, TLC the greatest wrestling ive ever seen.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@Jetsfan122 said:

I haven’t watched wrestling in years. In my youth though , I loved it . My favorite moments would have to be Andre the Giant challenging Hulk Hogan to a match at Wrestlemania and the moment they “met” at the Royal Rumble just prior . I also loved Pipers Pit and how he treated his guests . Loved the NWO and Degeneration X . The Undertaker was cool when first introduced .

Loved how the Hart Foundation stole the belts from the Briitish Bulldogs thanks to Danny Davis ( I think that was the refs name). There are many more fond memories but that’s all I can think of at the moment.

Hell yeah! 80's was when wrestling was at it's best. WWF (it's real name) was on after Saturday mornings after cartoons. WWf even had a Saturday morning cartoon.

My favorite moment had to be when Bobby Heenan and the islanders dog-napped Matilda from The British Bulldogs. The next week Heenan and the Islanders came out with an invisible dog on a leash.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

This was Saturday morning greatness for us 80's kids.

hmartain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hmartain
Member since 2022 • 17 Posts

my best Hollywood reselling is can

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#15 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

WCW Nitro

Goldberg defeating Hollywood Hogan for the WCW Heavyweight title on Nitro.

Sting appears at Survivor Series 2014.

NWO showing up in WWE No Way Out.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1005 Posts

Favorite hologram era would have to be early 90s to 2000s. Now days it's way to plain and stale, it's like they are robots or recordings instead of people. I can't get into it no matter how bad I try but I can still watch old classic matches.