The vikings have made a complete turn around. Going to go deep in playoffs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StealthedRogue
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts

I have had a deep resentment of the Vikings over the last few years starting when they blew their chance to go to the super bowl in 98. To be honest Minnesotans have had very little to cheer for, with fiasco after fiasco every year and players who disgraced our team at every turn. I was starting to think that things would never get better.

Things are changing though. We started off this season like all the others, not so great. Then something strange happened, we started playing as a team and started breaking records (well Adrian was) and our QB went from terrible to well above average in a matter of weeks. For the first time in 9 years I am having fun watching these guys play. Its strange really, I'm experiencing this feeling of cautious optimism. Hopefully that will blossom into determination but we will have to see.

With todays crushing defeat of the Lions under our belt, I am pretty sure that we will make it into the Playoffs and well into it for that matter, with a little luck. Its good to have the spirit back.:)

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
I think they will get to the playoffs but I'm still not sure how far they will get since they really don't have a solid QB. Adrian Peterson is the MAN though!
Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 Spincut
Member since 2004 • 4203 Posts

I have had a deep resentment of the Vikings over the last few years starting when they blew their chance to go to the super bowl in 98. StealthedRogue

That's exactly how i feel, I first started watching football because of the Vikings performance in the late 90's, then they took an unprecedented nose dive where everything happened to them, from unctrollable things like heat stroke deaths and players losing their mind and running off to miami where they get shot, to stupid interim coaches, missed draft choices, and that "boat party" that we grew so fond of.

To make matters worse, they never play the right level to get the draft picks that will let them pick the players from my favorite college team, they always end up coming back just enough to not score high enough draft picks.....they were so close and one year off to getting Reggie Bush (whome i would have loved to watch on the vikings).

In the mean time, Randy Moss went from his deserved punishment by having to play for the Raiders to being awesome again on the Patriots.

I hope the Vikings this season get some USC draft picks, i dont know how likely it is though since USC's seniors all are going to be top rounders and the Vikings are unfortunately struggling back from mediocrity enough so that they might not get another electric player for the next season to keep it all rolling (since AD isn't enough potential recruiting star power fro a real comeback).

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

I'm a big Vikings fan and while this team is "dangerous" that just means they may be a tough team. Jackson is looking better but the heart and soul of the team is still the running game (both RBs) with few players who can make the big play unless that game gets going. They still likely need to win out. They're only on a three game winning sreak... and GB ate them alive in GB, a place they'll likely need to go if they go to the playoffs.

I'm thinking more about getting into the playoffs, make a good showing, have the rookies learn some stuff, and look forward to what can come next year.

Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#5 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts

I'm always happy to hear a fellow fan has the spirit to cheer back in them... yet... the playoffs you say?! :| I'mpleased that my prediction in the team starting off shakey and finally establishing its new foundation came trueso far, but the idea of throwing the Vikes into a playoffs full of other teams that have a lot more chemistry, a few more reliable weapons, more experienced staff, and... well... a lot more GUSTO... it just seems a bit hasty to toss a kid into a man's fight :roll:

I'm excited for them now that some pieces are actually clicking. But even with a outstandingscore against the Lions, I saw most of those points in the 1st half... the rest was just running some plays. Compare that to squads like the Pats who want to drill you into yer grave and that looks to me like a bad place to plop the purple people in.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

Yea they have a good run going but I still question the QB and that pass defense. I still think Tavaris Jackson is horrid. If defenses are able to contain AP and the Vikes need to rely on Jackson in the playoffs, that run will be cut short. We'll see...

Erinaceus1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Erinaceus1991
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts
I haven't invested much personal stake in the Vikings since that whole 41-0 fiasco in New York...but I'll admit that I like they way they're turning things around. They still need to tweak the defense a little, and they need an actual quarterback, but all things considered, the Vikes are the most compelling team to watch in Minnesota right now in my opinion (the T'wolves are absolutely pathetic, the Twins are stagnant and seem to be making roster moves in preparation for the new stadium, and I could not give a #$%* about hockey).
d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts

Used to be a huge Minnesota fan, even though I've never been there (loved the Tonka trucks as a kid). I always still keep an eye on them.

I think Minnesota has a legit shot at not only making the playoffs, but winning a game or two. If they are playing their best, they can beat any team they may face in the NFC playoffs, except Dallas. As a casual fan of the Vikings, Im just happy they have a future.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#9 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

With whats left on the schedule and if nobody can just focus on stopping their run game(which includes tackling)...

at SF, vs Chi, vs Wash, at Den .... all can be easily defeated.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts
They will lose 4 straight
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Don't the Vikings do this every year? They look strong, and then two games later, completely self-destruct and finish in mediocrity. Granted, they did not have A. Peterson, but if he gets hurt again, I don't like their chances.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 duxup

Don't the Vikings do this every year? They look strong, and then two games later, completely self-destruct and finish in mediocrity. Granted, they did not have A. Peterson, but if he gets hurt again, I don't like their chances.Cube_of_MooN

Actually the pattern is they look kinda strong at the start of the year and then get worse as the year goes on.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts

[QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"]Don't the Vikings do this every year? They look strong, and then two games later, completely self-destruct and finish in mediocrity. Granted, they did not have A. Peterson, but if he gets hurt again, I don't like their chances.duxup

Actually the pattern is they look kinda strong at the start of the year and then get worse as the year goes on.

True. Still, I will always have my doubts about the Vikings until they get a good QB. If Peterson is out, their offense struggles.

Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Spincut

[QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"]Don't the Vikings do this every year? They look strong, and then two games later, completely self-destruct and finish in mediocrity. Granted, they did not have A. Peterson, but if he gets hurt again, I don't like their chances.duxup

I thought the pattern was they look strong, self destruct, and then stage a minicomeback that consistently pushes their draft picks down to a more mediocre level, denying them the star power they desperately need to rebuild. AD was great, but even then they had to trade for that pick, if the Vikings would just STAY DOWN maybe they'd have a nice rebuilding draft....one where they dont screw up and forget to use a pick (anyone remember that little gem of an incident? oy).

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 duxup
[QUOTE="duxup"]

[QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"]Don't the Vikings do this every year? They look strong, and then two games later, completely self-destruct and finish in mediocrity. Granted, they did not have A. Peterson, but if he gets hurt again, I don't like their chances.Dirk13

I thought the pattern was they look strong, self destruct, and then stage a minicomeback that consistently pushes their draft picks down to a more mediocre level, denying them the star power they desperately need to rebuild. AD was great, but even then they had to trade for that pick, if the Vikings would just STAY DOWN maybe they'd have a nice rebuilding draft....one where they dont screw up and forget to use a pick (anyone remember that little gem of an incident? oy).

Naw, they look strong and then stink it up, if they make it into the playoffs they back in has been the pattern the last few years ;)

I think the reason they've gotten better as the year has gone on this year is that they did have a good draft this year. Their rookies are paying off and not just AP.

Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Spincut
Well i think they need another good year of draft picks to really juice things up (not to mention have a better chance of getting some players from my Colleges football team, which is always a tough thing to get to happen), but because of this that may be difficult.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
No WRs, a bad QB, a bad secondary = first round exit.
Fireball2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Fireball2500
Member since 2004 • 3421 Posts
Even as an Oklahoma fan, and obviously being a fan of AD, the Vikings won't go to the playoffs.
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

I think they could possibly beat who they face in the Wild Card...

But against a healthy packers or cowboys...nope, not happening.

Packers vs Cowboys = NFC championship

Colts vs Patriots = AFC championship (Jaguars could make a run though)

Mr_arizona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mr_arizona
Member since 2006 • 3829 Posts

Did everyone just forget about the Arizona Cardinals or don't see them as threat?

Look at all of Arizonas games this year their worst loss is 8 points they are a good team they just dont know it yet.

I predict the Cardinals sneak in to the playoffs 9-7.

WILD CARD: JAX-SD TENN-PIT AZ-SEA NYG-TB

DIVISIONAL: JAX-NE PIT-IND AZ-DAL NYG-GB

CHAMPIONSHIP:IND-NE AZ-NYG

SUPERBOWL: NE-AZ

ARIZONA BEATS NEW ENGLAND TO BE SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!

( A man can dream)

squitsquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 squitsquat
Member since 2005 • 1990 Posts
the vikings havent made a turn around adrian peterson has
nklslinde21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 nklslinde21
Member since 2007 • 1157 Posts
o yea! go vikes
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mazing87
They just lost, that is why people forgot about them.

Did everyone just forget about the Arizona Cardinals or don't see them as threat?

Look at all of Arizonas games this year their worst loss is 8 points they are a good team they just dont know it yet.

I predict the Cardinals sneak in to the playoffs 9-7.

WILD CARD: JAX-SD TENN-PIT AZ-SEA NYG-TB

DIVISIONAL: JAX-NE PIT-IND AZ-DAL NYG-GB

CHAMPIONSHIP:IND-NE AZ-NYG

SUPERBOWL: NE-AZ

ARIZONA BEATS NEW ENGLAND TO BE SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!

( A man can dream)

Mr_arizona
cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts
Vikings showed yesterday that they don't just have 1 ridiculous running back, but two. When both Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson are healthy, people better beware.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Vikings showed yesterday that they don't just have 1 ridiculous running back, but two. When both Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson are healthy, people better beware.cell_dweller

Those two backs have a say in whether Vikes win a game or not, but the most important factor for the Vikes is Tavaris Jackson. He has played very well of late, and if he can't keep that up, Vikes are going to see A LOT of 8 man fronts.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mazing87
Chester Taylor was already a proven back. I wasn't sure what the main reason was for Minnesota to get AP, not that it matters now but Taylor put up 1200+ yards last season. He's up there in age but hasn't really declined. So the fact that Taylor is getting it done isn't anything new.
Vikings showed yesterday that they don't just have 1 ridiculous running back, but two. When both Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson are healthy, people better beware.cell_dweller
Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#27 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts

after seeing how well they did against the 49ers... I'm kind of worried :| first half was solid for lucky breaks and some decent plays, but what about the second half?! did they fall asleep, was the weather too much compared to MN, did the coaching staff say enough on leading up the score??

playing half @ss or "just enough" is not the spirit or mind set I want from a team in the playoffs. hopefully this winning streak carries over well into the CHI game :roll:

Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Spincut
Yeah well the Vikings are already showing how particularily specialthey areat sucking. I was actually at the game last night, and i gotta say, even though they won......sheesh, what a hard game to watch. It was like watching old people you know what. My comeback to the obnoxious bears fans were "sit down, you don't have anything to be proud of, you're just barely able to beat THAT."